Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Did the Stones turn you on to drugs?
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: March 12, 2006 17:00

And if one looks to Mick Jagger its a real motivation to get clean!!!and well..Ronnie is fighting''right'!!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 13, 2006 01:31

MicksBrain, I'm with you there, lol.

I would say I first heard their music around the first time I took a puff off that pipe that was passed around.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 13, 2006 09:36

Thanks angee, there's a lot of cool aware people on this site I've found...I think only about 10% are still lost wandering around in the dark, end of the world vision of bushcheney.Of course all overseas members are already aware since we all know that W spits at his giant globe everynight before he hits the sack - all those little countries getting in his way to total world dominance (After him and Laura share her famous bong from back in the day when she was a hippy chick. The man needs something to help him get to sleep with all that blood on his hands. The very strong prescription meds are only for daytime use when he's slurring through all those silly speeches)....."fool me once, shame on ...you, fool me twice....shame on......shame on........................Ah,...won't get fooled again !........"

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 7, 2010 04:37

Just find this old post.

No they didn't

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 7, 2010 04:52

No my cousin turned me onto pot when I was 13. Up in Northern Michigan at a cottage and she smoked a joint with me. One of the most incredible experiences I have ever had...I remember going back to the cottage and read Steven King's Salem Lot for hours in a trance of imagination... I never really got into pharmaceuticals, tried it, but found it boring or irritating. The Beatles though, turned me on to acid, and my gang and I had quite a lot of fun times having our minds expanded. Don't touch it now, too old, too fragile:-) But the weed, well that is natures gift to our uptight society...

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: November 7, 2010 05:48

No, The Beatles beat The Stones again. lol

In all honesty it was my 6th grade Health teacher, she showed us paintings people did under the influence of LSD, and I couldn't wait to get older. Did LSD @ 18, it proved to me everything I thought...people are full of shit and like to pass lies as truth. smoking smiley

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: November 7, 2010 05:48

I started drinking Rebel Yell because of them (Keith).

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 7, 2010 06:22

Drugs turned me on to the Stones.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 7, 2010 09:41

I know a few people who tested out drugs, claiming they were "inspired" by the Stones. Since I even knew these people before they even heard one single Stones tune, I'd say they were in deep shit even before they knew who Jagger was. Using the Stones as an excuse - that's pathetic!

Me? I smoked some pot when I was treated with chemo therapy, to prevent the awkward bieffects (throwing up), and it worked. Did my year of testing out coke in the 80s - not because of the Stones, but because that's what media people did at the time. The boss was paying and expected us to party with him. Anyway - no harm done - and it didn't do anything good for me. Drugs are overrated and over priced. Life - however! That's a HIGH. (And a glass of excellent white wine, from Burgundy!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-07 09:57 by Addicted.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 7, 2010 10:17

I began to smoke hash, drink whishkey and take pills during some period of my young years........... it turned me to a heavy cigarrettes smoking for 20 years. Now i'm just addicted to cycling, my family, my guitars , my work and this goddamnn forum.
Keep on Ronning...............ups, sorry Rolling

Date: November 7, 2010 10:25

yorkcity
Interesting. I believe there are many Americans on this board. That's why many junkies as well. Degenerated society, even teenagers smoke weed. Mercifully I raise my kids in Scandinavia.

And this post is allowed to sit here and breathe?

Date: November 7, 2010 11:00

Bingo
...it was my 6th grade Health teacher...

>grinning smiley<
Love that school of yours!

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 7, 2010 13:12

My first wife drove me to drugs and drink and I've never had the chance to thank her.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 7, 2010 15:27

I smoked cannibis occasionally in my late-teens, but it was due the circle I was mixing with, not the Rolling Stones. I would, however, say that Keith hightened my interest in cigarettes. I was smoking already, but he definitely had an effect of sorts.

Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: November 7, 2010 16:16

Some friends of mine came over with some blow, I must admit I was abit afraid, but I looked on my wall at my Black And Blue poster............. and so it went!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 7, 2010 16:22

Stones music works best on alcohol for me.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: November 7, 2010 16:25

They made me switch from Jim Bean to Jack Daniels.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 7, 2010 16:40

Imho Keith's book closes the case: why try to emulate Keith or Mick by taking low-garde blow cut with God Knows What when the men had access to Merck 1-ounce bottles of pharmaceutical stuff through Sessler...?
As far as drugs are concerned the best is just not available to us mere mortals. And the idea of snorting sth that's travelled up someone's ass... confused smiley

It'd be like buying some Ripple and pretending you're up there with the Expensive Winos who were gulping some Château-Laffite...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 7, 2010 16:48

No. Never really been interested. If anything, the high fatality rate amongst musicians (plus the knowledge that I rarely do things by halves) was a good enough indication that it was to be avoided.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: November 7, 2010 16:52

Nope, I got high with a little help from my friends!

Date: November 7, 2010 17:04

I am actually surprised at how many folks are able to say "no" to this question. I myself have to admit I was right there front and center, top-dog-idiot, thinking if I started doing H. I'd be like Keith.
Was a good lesson.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: November 7, 2010 17:18

no,, i had to buy my own,,,

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: November 7, 2010 17:42

The answer is no.

Nevertheless I've been a Stones fan since the late seventies I've never been interested in drugs and never have been curious about them. Not my cup of tea. The music is the main thing. If The Stones wanted to use drugs it was their own choice. I've never wanted to touch the stuff. I'd rather stuck on single malts, beer and red wine. That's enough for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-07 17:43 by Single Malt.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 7, 2010 18:16

CindyC
WAY back when I was just a little teenybopper listening to Shaun Cassidy, the thought of drugs scared the crap out of me. A few years later I started listening to the boys and read Spanish Tony's book. I have to say, it did make me curious and prompted me to experiment with recreational pharmaceuticals.

Did anyone else start similarly, or were you all a bunch of burn-outs already?

Ha! I love this question.
Made me curious but I've never done more than alcohol.
These days I'm sleepy after 2 beers. I love the taste of beer...wish I could drink more...but
I have too many responsibilities.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-07 20:21 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 7, 2010 18:17

If Bill German spent years hanging out with Keith and Ronnie without once doing coke, then they're hardly going to influence me to do drugs.

Although Bill German did say his editor made him cut his "fan stories" from UNDER THEIR THUMB, one of which Bill said was about a fan who loved Keith so much he (the fan) became a heroin addict.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-07 18:17 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 7, 2010 18:24

Yes,of course. They had a huge influence on society's view of drug use in the sixties. Also pre-marital sex, etc. The talk at the time was about "soft drugs" and the Stones were so cool that I couldn't wait to get my hands on some. There were other influences too, but, for me, mainly the Stones. Never saw the attraction of heroin when it became known that was Keith's bag in the seventies, although plenty of guitar players seemed to model themself on Keith's image and, lacking his constitution and consistent quality of supply, didn't make it.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: November 7, 2010 18:47

Yeah . .

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 7, 2010 18:49

No. I always felt that I would first need a couple of million extra bucks in order to be albe to buy the best stuff in town, and an organization around me (with the best lawyers, and contacts in high places) to save my ass if and when I get into trouble. Having a partner/colleague knowing to do things for me, and taking care of me, if and when I screw up wouldn't have minded either. So I decided that heroin option is not the one for me.

- Doxa

Posted by: Damon ()
Date: November 7, 2010 19:40

no it was the beatles spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 7, 2010 21:44

MicksBrain
Thanks angee, there's a lot of cool aware people on this site I've found...I think only about 10% are still lost wandering around in the dark, end of the world vision of bushcheney.Of course all overseas members are already aware since we all know that W spits at his giant globe everynight before he hits the sack - all those little countries getting in his way to total world dominance (After him and Laura share her famous bong from back in the day when she was a hippy chick. The man needs something to help him get to sleep with all that blood on his hands. The very strong prescription meds are only for daytime use when he's slurring through all those silly speeches)....."fool me once, shame on ...you, fool me twice....shame on......shame on........................Ah,...won't get fooled again !........"
Ahhh,the great Micksbrain....Man those were the days.smoking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1989
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home