Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Did the Stones turn you on to drugs?
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 7, 2010 23:39

....not personally no. They never allowed me to get close enough to them at their concerts to get turned on to drugs...although I could have become a raging alcoholic after I first listened to A Bigger Bang...

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: November 8, 2010 00:36

My own choice was to try everything and everything that could be smoked , snorted or ingested .

Steered clear of needles though !!

A lot of it was simply due to the era in which I was sowing my wild oats .

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 8, 2010 08:40

No, I explored that independently, but they did inspire me to spend time in Morocco, try bisexual sex and put makeup on all my boyfriends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-08 10:40 by Bliss.

Posted by: mockingbird3 ()
Date: November 8, 2010 09:40

Yes but it was three months after The Beatles did. Mockingbird makes joke. ACTUALLY No. I wasnt yet a teen when NEWEST HITMAKEPS came...but later in the 60s wine and joints were proliferate in the rock culture (when I was a boy back in the day they were releasing Banppuet and Bleed). AS a young pre teen they inspired me to reach inside and validate my own thinking about art and society with "lose your dreams and you will lore your mind.," on the radio and to me it was a radical 'go-ahead find what makes sense to ME and go for it' because if you don't you'll lose more than the you gain by taking on somebodys elses reality. When youre a kid thats pretty powerful and profound connection with a rock radio band. in the wake of Richards idiotic book of drooling dwarf hatred however, any of those youthful epiphanies seems like bullshit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-08 09:45 by mockingbird3.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 8, 2010 09:51

No,they didn't .
But the few pot I smoked in 1985/86 turned me into cigarettes for 11 years .....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: mockingbird3 ()
Date: November 8, 2010 09:59

Sway I searched around the IORR picture thread and you have such a sweet and charming vibe. Lovely as us yankees say. Cant see you smoking cigs!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 8, 2010 10:21

Hi mockingbird !

Thank you so much for the compliment .But you know,beauty is only skin deep sometimes -I am kidding -:-))
Actually, I had never smoked before the age of 22 (was born in 1961 ) but I stayed as a volunteer in a kibbutz in 1984/85 and there were a lot of drugs back in these days.
So I smoked some marijuana & hash there and a few more when I stayed in Holland after that but it didn't do it for me .But unfortunately,I began smoking cigarettes ...hopefully I quit smoking in 1997 .smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-08 10:28 by SwayStones.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 8, 2010 17:01

It didn't hurt.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 8, 2010 17:04

Yes, the music-drug...still addicted...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 8, 2010 18:56

heck no,the glimmers cant take credit for that.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 9, 2010 08:14

TOTA 1975 LA FORUM- the first joint ever passed to me. i swear, i did not inhale. i was 15 y.o.

Date: November 9, 2010 10:41

The Stones turned me on to NOT using drugs winking smiley

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 9, 2010 11:16

DandelionPowderman
The Stones turned me on to NOT using drugs winking smiley

Actually, this is true for me too. After seeing what happened to Keith and Anita's looks as a result of their lifestyles, it made me very determined to hang on to mine, and to make all the necessary sacrifices.

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: November 9, 2010 13:01

CindyC
WAY back when I was just a little teenybopper listening to Shaun Cassidy, the thought of drugs scared the crap out of me. A few years later I started listening to the boys and read Spanish Tony's book. I have to say, it did make me curious and prompted me to experiment with recreational pharmaceuticals.

Did anyone else start similarly, or were you all a bunch of burn-outs already?

Well CindyC; I experienced exactly the same, got curious after reading Spanish Tony and tried about everything except heroin.
Never got addicted though but smoked pot for about 20 years, quit harmless imo..

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 9, 2010 15:07

CindyC
WAY back when I was just a little teenybopper listening to Shaun Cassidy, the thought of drugs scared the crap out of me. A few years later I started listening to the boys and read Spanish Tony's book. I have to say, it did make me curious and prompted me to experiment with recreational pharmaceuticals.

Did anyone else start similarly, or were you all a bunch of burn-outs already?
sounds like you know me already, i was already a burn-out.i swear to god i have not heard burn-outs in such a long time .you made me laugh really good with that one.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 9, 2010 16:10

No, they kept it for themselves. I was stuck smoking cheap-ass Mexican dirt weed.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 9, 2010 19:16

No, but they certainly didn't help get off of them.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: November 9, 2010 19:58

No the Beatles Did,(POT)....Although certain drugs uhhhhhh yea i guess they did...smoking smiley

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: November 9, 2010 21:46

No. I don't get high. Never have.

-R

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2135
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home