Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick & Ronnie in Rio
Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: February 21, 2006 11:13

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.
In fact, make that Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.
You can't beat living in the past.
Dragging up the same old crud from the rumour mill.
Empirical......you know the saying about Hovis and buses?

Have a nice day, Oily.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 21, 2006 11:33

Oops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-21 15:15 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 21, 2006 11:56

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I´m sure Mick uses coke while touring, this very day!

Why are you sure of that?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 21, 2006 11:58

Glass Slide Wrote:

> Ok, so based on a single appearance you eliminate
> the accuarcy
> of three different books? Seems kind of thin.
>

uh that is ridicolous
you seem to say "it is written in a book so it is real"

the appearance of mick at ronnie's concert IS real even if it is single

kahoosier has nailed it for me anyway

Date: February 21, 2006 12:13

Erik; I should have expressed myself more precious.
I mean "I believe ~". I think they eventually always go together
on a low-frequent common thang, even if Keef still would
go for downers. I may be wrong though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-21 15:16 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: February 21, 2006 12:18

A non-authorized biography hardly qualifies as empirical evidence anyway.

Date: February 21, 2006 12:22

Neither does an authorized, right?

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: February 21, 2006 12:22

Right on, with sssoul!

That's how it works, or doesn't for that matter.

Posted by: Han ()
Date: February 21, 2006 12:29

Talk about none so blind....

Remember before the Licks tour when Jo was so desperate about Ron's condition that she rang Mick for help? Do you think she'd have done that if Mick didn't care or only wanted an excuse to boot Ronnie from the band?

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: February 21, 2006 14:05

I think Keiths playing is still very solid and still carries the sound of the band live, (no, it's not what it once was but it's still very solid) without it they couldn't tour at all. And I agree with the assessment that if Mick wanted Ronnie out he'd have been gone long ago. (I was gonna say that about the third post into this thread but didn't). Ronnie has some VERY loyal friends.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: February 21, 2006 14:45

Yes, keith is playing really really good on this tour.

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 21, 2006 14:54

keith JJF, IORR and YGMR in Rio is one of the most explosive combo i've ever heard from him

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 21, 2006 14:55

Have you ever listened to small kids talking about something they haven't got a clue about? Well this thread is like that, except I would assume it is grown up people here spreading all these sorts of stupid and false rumours.

DID YOU EVER SEE A SHOW ON THIS TOUR?

Ronnie is 100% concentrated on playing on this tour. He barely moves. Almost like Bill Wyman. And when he moves, it is not to clown around, but to play a solo up front. Which he is doing par excellence. Often I see Mick smiling as Ronnie is finishing off his solo. And it's not a small cheap smile. It's the same smile Mick is having when the crowd in one out of 10 times is total mad during You Can't Always Get What You Want - a smile that is saying: "Ronnie, you did it again - perfect".

If you have to spread false rumours and false accusations then please do so other places. Please base your comments at least 1% on facts. 0% is too slim here.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-21 14:56 by bv.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 21, 2006 15:19

At friggin last.... well done BV!I can't believe the persistent moaning from a fan site...... there's even mentions in other threads bouts Lisa's hair style????? Pathetic!

The Stones have just rocked a million people???? How many other bands can say that? And after 40 odd years in the business as well.

Hardly any bad reviews from the concert section but here, moan, moan and more flippin moaning!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 21, 2006 15:26

I thing some of all the negativity is due to people just duying to see their idols, waiting for them, being in Europe and not able to see them really, for still some time. And some are not fans at all, just hang around, they are really garth Brroks or Paul McCartney fans who want to split up the Stones. Rest assured they are all very happy on stage and seems to be working just fine.

And the guitar problems on RJ in Rio, I never got time to follow that thread, but I noticed Pierre was on his way from behind the B-stage "engine room" to sort out the problem, as it might be a guitar issue - why else would Pierre rush up there, I am sure he knows better than many others, being the guitar tuner - but then they were fine. I just can't believe how striking one chord wrong or different makes such a big discussion. Often Keith or Ronnie or even Charlie is doing an intro just to get the feel of the guitar or the drums. I don't see that as a problem more as a feature. no worries. The Rio start on RJ was just great. I wish it happened more often. Makes the show more "loose" and informal.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 21, 2006 16:09

Miss U. Wrote:
> As a follow up to Glass Slide's post that he says
> Mick has wanted Ronnie out of the band for years,
> that Ronnie has been forced to stay in a different
> hotel...
> I've also read posts that their friendship has
> deteriorated and at one point Mick was barely
> speaking to Ronnie.
>

thats so wrong on so many levels its laughable

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: February 21, 2006 16:12

I wouldn't imagine there is a rift between Ronnie and Mick.I like the way Mick looks at Ronnie after he's nailed a solo ,there is a lot of tenderness in it but also ...let's be frank ...an awful lot of relief...!

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: February 21, 2006 19:25

Bockris...LOL...that guy really takes some poetic licence!!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 21, 2006 19:27

the only time i have ever seen mick upset with woody is the footage from lstnt
when woody arrived late, you have to admit that mick was pretty livid

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 21, 2006 19:52

>> Bockris ... LOL ... <<

yeah ... still, it seems like Bockris made more of an effort than (for example) Sanford.
at least Bockris did interview a few people close to the band, as well as Keith - just one time, i think, but that's more than a lot of these writers.
Nick Kent seems to be the biggest culprit at generating utter BS about the Stones that then got quoted all over the place as coming from an "insider".

of course, a lot of these books were written before there was such easy access to footage that proves that so many of the stories are plain wrong -
but now that we have that improved access, it seems like it would be fitting if they'd issue new editions with reduced BS content,
or if they'd label them clearly as fictionalized, so hapless readers wouldn't huff around citing them as if they were serious reference tomes.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: jigsawpuzzle ()
Date: February 21, 2006 19:55

I've seen the Stones every US tour since 75. This tour was as enjoyable as any of them. They smoked from my vantage point. Too many folks turn this into a science and overanalyze everything. Just enjoy it.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 21, 2006 20:05

jigsawpuzzle Wrote:
> I've seen the Stones every US tour since 75. This
> tour was as enjoyable as any of them. They smoked
> from my vantage point. Too many folks turn this
> into a science and overanalyze everything. Just
> enjoy it.

I'm conducting a scientific evaluation here. Jigsawpuzzle: Exactly how many folks are turning this into a science. Followup question: of that number, what percentage would you say overanalyze everything?

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: February 21, 2006 20:22

What is "analysis"-- started as an opinion:

In my opinion:

1) The band lost something (actually, more then I realized) when Bill Wyman left the band---he was a very underrated player--part of the sum being the greater then the individual parts.

2) Ronnie is a shell of what he once was.

I did see this tour--1/18. I had a great time--I have listened to this show, which as I understand it, is considered above avg and all it did was confirm points "1" and "2". I agree with the opinion that Stones shows are great nites out but not anything that needs to relived on tape.I am and always will be a fan of the band--but I have no desire to be what I have heard referred to as "fanboy" wherein--they can do no wrong, play better then "1975" etc--that is at a real variance with what I am hearing

That turned me into a "hater"--which is a joke. I don't "hate" anyone.

I will, however, respond when some dim wit takes my opinion and because they do not agree with it, turn into a personal attack--especially when they do it in such a moronic ("numerous filmography"), albeit entertaining manner.

If that offends, then I apologize, but hero worship, without regard for objectivity, has never been my thing.

I think it is great that the band exists at all and ABB is probably the most vibrant sounding Stones disc since Tattoo You, but, some of the solos I have heard are really really not very good.

Date: February 21, 2006 20:30

Glass Slide:

Just who the hell ARE you? I reading your posts I keep thinking that I've been cloned...

Keep up the good work - StonesTod and I are looking for a replacement poster....we'll keep you in mind.

Date: February 21, 2006 20:44

T&A Wrote:
> Glass Slide:
>
> Just who the hell ARE you? I reading your posts I
> keep thinking that I've been cloned...
>
> Keep up the good work - StonesTod and I are
> looking for a replacement poster....we'll keep you
> in mind.

Well, for your sake, my friend--I would sincerly hope that your
cloning experiment would produce something better then myself, but
thanks for the kind words.

I would be happy to join your alliance--lol Though that reminds me of the old Groucho Marx line--I wouldn't join any club that would permit me as a member. LOL

Actually, I have been a Stones fan since 1980--about the same time I started playing guitar. I am not out to "bash" nor do I "hate" anyone--unfortunately it sometimes appears as though expressing your opinion places you at risk for either tag.

Like I said, I had a GREAT time on 1/18 and I was hoping that when I heard the showit would be something that I would want to listen to on a regular basis--like some of the boots I have from '72, '75, '78--my 3 favorite tours. To my dismay, though, not really surprise (and let's face it the tapes do not lie or get caught up in the moment) that was, unfortunately not the case--no tragedy there--still LOVE ABB and that is more then I have a right to expect from any band entering it's 5th decade.

my .02

Date: February 21, 2006 20:48

yep - you're resume will definitely be kept on file. my fan-ness goes back a few years before yours...but otherwise, I think we have a good fit. Perhaps we could work out a schedule...something like you post on M-W-F-Su and I'll take the rest. Of course, I need to take off for the occasional weekend, but I'm sure we can work something out.

Date: February 21, 2006 20:57

T&A Wrote:
> yep - you're resume will definitely be kept on
> file. my fan-ness goes back a few years before
> yours...but otherwise, I think we have a good fit.
> Perhaps we could work out a schedule...something
> like you post on M-W-F-Su and I'll take the rest.
> Of course, I need to take off for the occasional
> weekend, but I'm sure we can work something out.

Sounds great---I'm in.

Let me know the schedule---of course, being the new guy, I will take all
undesirable shifts, especially if some of my "friends" happen to be online--lol

Date: February 21, 2006 20:58

question: are you willing to take cheap, pot shots at StonesPrincess on an hourly basis? Not a requirement, mind you...but consider it "bonus" material.

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: February 21, 2006 21:18

Ronnie does not just stand still at his shows!! Look at his showmanship just a few weeks ago at the Superbowl!!!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 21, 2006 23:26

Thank you BV! Sometimes I think that you and I are two of a very few posters here that actually go to as many shows as possible to enjoy them! At the Hollywood Bowl show in the pool...I was in heaven! I could not tell you today what they played vs the set list at the first bowl show. I coud not tell you how Ronnie was that night or if Keith flubbed an intro. I can tell you that I had the time of my life.

Even when I talk about Cleveland '78 as the worst Stones show I saw, I will tell you that I had a good time! If that makes me a rabid unobjective hero worshipping fan, then I stand guilty as accused! I just cannot go to the shows hoping that the solo in CYHMK is as good as MT would have done, or leave thinking that MJ forgot Chuck in the intros at a theater show proving he was rushed, or whatever! I am there to enjoy the moment and always do! It's Rock and Roll for Christ's sake, no one is reproducing Medea's arias.

So c'mon guys, adopt the attitude that BV and I share, each concert that you go to is an event in your life that you will never relive. Each should be enjoyed to the max. If you go looking to find fault, you will. So stop looking and relax.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1361
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home