Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Mick & Ronnie in Rio
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 21, 2006 23:43

kahoosier - what makes you think we don't all share that perspective? I assume we all do... It is possible to enjoy the hell out of show and still be reflective...

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: February 22, 2006 01:17

Interesting opinions, thanks...."every picture tells a story don't it".

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: February 22, 2006 03:13

kahoosier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you BV! Sometimes I think that you and I are
> two of a very few posters here that actually go to
> as many shows as possible to enjoy them! At the
> Hollywood Bowl show in the pool...I was in heaven!
> I could not tell you today what they played vs the
> set list at the first bowl show. I coud not tell
> you how Ronnie was that night or if Keith flubbed
> an intro. I can tell you that I had the time of my
> life.
>
> Even when I talk about Cleveland '78 as the worst
> Stones show I saw, I will tell you that I had a
> good time! If that makes me a rabid unobjective
> hero worshipping fan, then I stand guilty as
> accused! I just cannot go to the shows hoping that
> the solo in CYHMK is as good as MT would have
> done, or leave thinking that MJ forgot Chuck in
> the intros at a theater show proving he was
> rushed, or whatever! I am there to enjoy the
> moment and always do! It's Rock and Roll for
> Christ's sake, no one is reproducing Medea's
> arias.
>
> So c'mon guys, adopt the attitude that BV and I
> share, each concert that you go to is an event in
> your life that you will never relive. Each should
> be enjoyed to the max. If you go looking to find
> fault, you will. So stop looking and relax.

With all due resect--I am unclear what you are talking about.

Seriously--I think you have, inadvertinently, made the point some of us
have been saying for a while---ENJOY THE MOMENT--defintely--cause that is clearly the way to go--for the following reason---You, I, and everyone else may NEVER get another tour--so, by all means--ENJOY IT!! and be thankful that you are there--in a way you are seeing history--perhaps a swan song from the longest running and greatest RnR Band in the world. All true and good for you--I, for one, am jealous.

Secondly, the MT comments are inapropriate--they have only been made, in this thread, at least, tangently and that is no accident--frankly--it is unfair and FAR too easy---if we were to start comparing Ronnie this tour to MT, it would be akin to shooting fish in a barrel--if you want to pursue this (and I do not) I will provide you with the tapes and let you decide. Come out of the pool and have a listen.

Thirdly, how often do you listen to Cleveland '78? Yeah, you had a great time--I have no doubt about that--but, how often do you feel the need to relive it?

Hopefully, you will realize that, at the end of the day, we are all Stones fans, it is just some of us do not translate that to mean EVERYTHING is "awesome" Ronnie IS "always great" and other, similar sentiments that defy objective listening, outside the pool.

Hopefully, that does not make us "haters"

Ps If you can't tell us what they played, should your opinion be considered accordingly--just asking.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 22, 2006 10:48

LOL...at that PS Glass...I am saying that after all the shows I have seen after 30 plus years...I could not give you the set list for a specific concert. I go , I enjoy, I wax nostalgic, but I rememer how much I enjoyed more than details of the set.

And maybe I am a masochist, but I do listen to my Cleveland boot about twice a year still...to relive the memories that the boot brings forth. Almost 28 years later, the memories involve the friends I was was with, the hours before and after the concert, the intoxication ( it was acid and chaap wine that year, and the whole sky turned ornage above the stage during Just My Imagination), the sex...all the things that make it an event captured in my heart more than just a list of songs.

Now twice a year may not sound like a lot, but I probably have over 100 concerts to listen to as well as 40 years of studio output...and then ( shudder) we move out of the Stones catelogue to everyone esle I enjoy.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 22, 2006 12:01

glass, i do not have a problem with your analysis/opinion about the "from wyman to jones" issue and do not call you a hater becuase you don't listen to msg 1901 boot. In fact, I think that the "enjoy the moment" should be a friendly suggestion and not a "forum policy".
I have a problem when you call "objectivity" the reference to third hand hearsay in a printed book. And when you throw back the "personal attack" accusation against others when it is you in the first place that did it.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 22, 2006 12:07

Kahoosier & Björnulf, good for you you can travel the world around to see the Stones.
Most of us others just can´t afford it.
Still is possible to keep updated by following the boards;
listen & watch the audio/video posted, and be a pain in the *ss
to your local library ordering as many Stones-related books as possible
plus (for me it's rare but sometimes I do) buy some books.

Will we start competing how man shows we have seen
(I can only be a funtioneer as I havent seen any yet)...
Then we´re back in the playground again...

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1414
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home