Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

On Argentina broadcast
Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: February 22, 2006 11:54

Anyone enjoyed as much as me the ending of Tumbling Dice? Mick seemed to enjoy that so much, and sung a lot of various gimmicks which worked extremely well. Throughout the song, his vocal delivery was soulful and relax just as this tune should be. Brilliant!

Oh and about the whole "warhorses" debate, did you notice how the commentator went off, "tumbling dice, amigos, TUMBLING DICE!" It seems to make sense to play this song then, and he somehow conveyed his enthusiasm to me too.

Shattered was great Mick as well, I think he delivers it much better than on previous tours, with a crispy voice, exciting rap.

Rambler was FABULOUS! Yet again, Mick seems more creative on this one than he used to be on previous tours.

ONNYA had much more guitar fills than in Rio and worked overall much better - but still, this song never did it for me live. I think, for some reasons, it just drags along - and that's perhaps actually because the voice seems at pain.

Now, Worried: hate to say this, but I thought it was awful through and through. The falsetto is not so much a falsetto as some odd squeeking, the chorus does not achieve momentum. I think it requires a very much greater contrast in the sound level, in an Out Of Control sort of way. And Bernard and Mick get so little out of their duet. The solo was dreadful - nice guitar fills on the verses, though.

And then I fell asleep (hard working days!)

Re: On Argentina broadcast
Posted by: Tops ()
Date: February 22, 2006 12:00

Worried was my favourite song on the licks tour and sounded fantastic in MSG.
Sad it didnt worked yesterday

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1354
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home