Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Which song book to buy??
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: February 13, 2006 04:26

I want to take a book with stones songs,but to be correct to have information about where to put capo,tunings etc.If you can suggest one or even better upload a page as a sample

Re: Which song book to buy??
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 13, 2006 04:36

Thats a tall order^^
you'll be lucky if someone comes up with a good idea - but i will be interested too.
You need good Imagination with the books i've seen so far.

Date: February 13, 2006 04:41

They should have an official book with all their songs.I want to play Jiving Sister Fanny Ronnie.

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: February 13, 2006 04:53

Actually, the Stones catalogue is really under-represented. That having been said there are some good ones out there. The Exile book is excellent and gets the G tunings and capo placements right. The "Guitar anthology" which covers the '72-83 era is also quite good. Finally, the "London Years" book which covers the the 3 cd set is real good for the older stuff, and if I am not mistaken has Jiving Sister Fanny in it.

Sorry, do not have the knowledge (and undoubtedly capabilites) to upload, plus I am relatively certain it would be a copyright violation.

Date: February 13, 2006 05:24

If I go to the store and take a look I will tell you which books does it have and tell me.

Posted by: MickGibsonSG ()
Date: February 13, 2006 06:29

Glass Slide, where can one purchase these books you write about?

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: February 14, 2006 03:44

The Anthology and London Singles books are pretty common
and your local music store should have them. I got the Exile book yrs ago
and have not seen that one as much--since your post I also recall there being a Some Girls book--I had it and can't find it (Damn!). It was also pretty good though I recall disagreeing with "Beast of Burden". (Maybe I am the one who is wrong)

Another way to go, may be Amazon.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home