Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Which song book to buy??
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: February 13, 2006 04:26

I want to take a book with stones songs,but to be correct to have information about where to put capo,tunings etc.If you can suggest one or even better upload a page as a sample

Re: Which song book to buy??
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 13, 2006 04:36

Thats a tall order^^
you'll be lucky if someone comes up with a good idea - but i will be interested too.
You need good Imagination with the books i've seen so far.

Date: February 13, 2006 04:41

They should have an official book with all their songs.I want to play Jiving Sister Fanny Ronnie.

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: February 13, 2006 04:53

Actually, the Stones catalogue is really under-represented. That having been said there are some good ones out there. The Exile book is excellent and gets the G tunings and capo placements right. The "Guitar anthology" which covers the '72-83 era is also quite good. Finally, the "London Years" book which covers the the 3 cd set is real good for the older stuff, and if I am not mistaken has Jiving Sister Fanny in it.

Sorry, do not have the knowledge (and undoubtedly capabilites) to upload, plus I am relatively certain it would be a copyright violation.

Date: February 13, 2006 05:24

If I go to the store and take a look I will tell you which books does it have and tell me.

Posted by: MickGibsonSG ()
Date: February 13, 2006 06:29

Glass Slide, where can one purchase these books you write about?

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: February 14, 2006 03:44

The Anthology and London Singles books are pretty common
and your local music store should have them. I got the Exile book yrs ago
and have not seen that one as much--since your post I also recall there being a Some Girls book--I had it and can't find it (Damn!). It was also pretty good though I recall disagreeing with "Beast of Burden". (Maybe I am the one who is wrong)

Another way to go, may be Amazon.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1632
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home