Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Best 81 boot
Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: January 20, 2006 08:37

Which boot is closest to Still Life's sound quality ? I have Seattle Supersonic and it doesn't sound too bad. The songs are played at a lot slower pace than later in the tour but the mix SUCKS !!. I want a good sounding show from that tour. Man, I wish I could find my VHS copy of LSTNT. I read that Hampton sounded pretty good. Any suggestions ?

Re: Best 81 boot
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 20, 2006 12:22

Hampton is THE best bootleg of the tour. Make sure you find the best release though. VGP is always a winner. "Twenty Flight Rock".
Phoenix is also a great stereo recording. Rattlesnake's "Ride Like The Wind" or VGP's "Satisfaction Guarranteed".
There's plenty of other good shows, but they are in mono.

Date: January 20, 2006 12:34

Hampton and one of the New Jersey boots soundwise (Ex SB Stereo). Some of the songs on Still Life taken from New Jersey are in fact in worse quality than that of Jersey Devil smiling smiley

Date: January 20, 2006 12:43

New Jersey are great, especially the first one, but they are in mono. Aren't they?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 20, 2006 12:48

i forget which of the New Jersey boots has Keith's amazing back-up vocals mixed way up front for about half the show - i freakin LOVE that one!
the dallas halloween show is a great joy too: "keeps rainin but the tracks is fadin ... " :E and Mick hollering at God to PLEASE stop raining is so endearing.
(of course, i just freakin love 81/82 ... so don't mind me.)

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: January 20, 2006 13:18

Good to see someone other than me who love 81/82!
It's the first NJ who has Keith upfront in the mix.
I wonder why they didn't play "Down The Road Apiece" more often, they had to notice how it cooked! When I boil egg for breakfast, I lay the eggs in front of the stereo, and they are done after that number.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: January 20, 2006 13:24

TSP:s Hampton ยด81 is also very good. Some Still Life tracks are similar.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 20, 2006 13:36

ohhh ~*YEAH!*~ Down the Road Apiece 81 is totally hot. thanks for the cooking tip -
you can blowdry your hair with it too, but probably not smart to try it at the same time as makin eggs. :E
they only played it five times in 81, right? philadelphia 2, buffalo, louisville, new jersey 1 and hartford?

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: January 20, 2006 13:44

5 times that's right. I think the 3-timer Tops would been great after a while too. Too bad they didn't try it more. But of course, DTRA would have been the highlight anyhow.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 20, 2006 14:00

I love San Francisco(candle stickpark)or is it sticky?and Phoenix81.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: January 20, 2006 14:21

Hampton definately.
In fact, Hampton sh*ts all over the official Still Life album.

Esky

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1154
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home