Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Another deluxe re-issue this year
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 14, 2024 22:56

That's right the promising "English Rose" could be used for B&B since we know for a fact it was played back at De Doelen in Rotterdam in early 1975. "Man Eating Woman" as well. I don't think there's any solid information as to when/where these songs were first recorded though. I see Nico has them in 1972 indeed and not as "unverified" but I'm not sure what source that's based on.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: April 14, 2024 23:25

Irix
dedospegajosos

What did he say?? I would love to read tha interview

14-Dec-1995 - "Mick Jagger Remembers: Jann S. Wenner Interviews Stones Frontman" - [www.RollingStone.com] .

Thank you Irix!!!!!!!!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 15, 2024 11:42

gotdablouse
That's right the promising "English Rose" could be used for B&B since we know for a fact it was played back at De Doelen in Rotterdam in early 1975. "Man Eating Woman" as well. I don't think there's any solid information as to when/where these songs were first recorded though. I see Nico has them in 1972 indeed and not as "unverified" but I'm not sure what source that's based on.

Yup E.R. does not have that slick mercury sound associated with GHS. It is much more in common with the "back to basics" sound of the 74-75 years.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 15, 2024 12:22

georgelicks
It looks like there will be another deluxe re-edition this year, the album is not known yet but Mick has been working on several outtakes in the past months.

40x5 has been handling the same information for weeks and already published it on their Instagram account several weeks ago.

We can only wait for more information.

Really interesting news if this turns out to be true. I was pretty sure that The Stones (Mick) had lost the interest in such projects during this 'new era', but, once again, what the hell do I know. Great to see them, like Dylan, releasing both new and old stuff hand in hand.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-15 12:24 by Doxa.

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: April 15, 2024 16:00

It sounds like it will be something from the 90’s, which I’m looking forward to hearing. It’s not a decade I go back to much in my listening, but all the album reissues we’ve had over the years have given me a greater appreciation for the original albums, so I look forward to enjoying this era more.

On another note, I noticed that the Tattoo You reissue was largely absent of songs from the Black and Blue recordings, so maybe they’re holding onto them for a future release. It would make sense to release it in a couple years when it’s Ronnie’s 50th anniversary with the band, since this album ties into that.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 15, 2024 18:36

Steel Wheels would be a good candidate for a remix.Id like to hear outtakes from the Moroccan sessions with the Pipes of Pan.Continental Drift is my favorite track on the album . It sounds like the song was cut down. It be cool to hear a longer version if one exists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-15 18:55 by Taylor1.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 15, 2024 18:43

I don't really understand the need to add current vocals to ancient tracks. I find it disjointed at best. Not sure why they didn't go The Beatles route and just release some collections of outtakes. Those were great at the time they were released. The Beatles, Neil Young, and Dylan have really been doing great things with their vaults for decades - well maybe not The Beatles, but they were the pioneers of this whole concept!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 15, 2024 22:01

The Beatles also added current vocals to ancient tracks for Anthology and even this past Autumn.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 15, 2024 22:03

VoodooLounge13
I don't really understand the need to add current vocals to ancient tracks. I find it disjointed at best. Not sure why they didn't go The Beatles route and just release some collections of outtakes. Those were great at the time they were released. The Beatles, Neil Young, and Dylan have really been doing great things with their vaults for decades - well maybe not The Beatles, but they were the pioneers of this whole concept!

Easy answer: Different working methods! Looks like a lot of Stones outtakes have just tentative guide vocals with "fantasy lyrics", created "on the spot" by Mick to find a melody or melodic structure. Happens when the band starts to jam, something interesting happens and Mick joins in to see what he can do with it or if he can do anything at all with it. No wonder Mick does not want these outtakes with "fantasy lyrics" that actually mean nothing officially released because these vocals are just for "internal use" and not meant for the public ear!

Whereas Dylan, Young or The Beatles seemingly did not create songs and lyrics in the studio, but beforehand and just check out different arrangements and/or record multiple takes in the studio that could be released "as is".

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 15, 2024 22:46

retired_dog
VoodooLounge13

Easy answer: Different working methods! Looks like a lot of Stones outtakes have just tentative guide vocals with "fantasy lyrics", created "on the spot" by Mick to find a melody or melodic structure. Happens when the band starts to jam, something interesting happens and Mick joins in to see what he can do with it or if he can do anything at all with it. No wonder Mick does not want these outtakes with "fantasy lyrics" that actually mean nothing officially released because these vocals are just for "internal use" and not meant for the public ear!

Whereas Dylan, Young or The Beatles seemingly did not create songs and lyrics in the studio, but beforehand and just check out different arrangements and/or record multiple takes in the studio that could be released "as is".

Yes, and I actually liked some of the new vocals on old tracks. Plundered My Soul and No Spare Parts come to mind as outstanding and wasn't All The Rage new vocals, or am I having an aneurysm?

Date: April 15, 2024 23:01

Rocky Dijon
The Beatles also added current vocals to ancient tracks for Anthology and even this past Autumn.

Yes they did, and they were very open about it. I feel like - at least with the early super deluxes reissues - they were marketed as songs left in the can, at least to my memory. I could be wrong.

Date: April 15, 2024 23:02

treaclefingers
retired_dog
VoodooLounge13

Yes, and I actually liked some of the new vocals on old tracks. Plundered My Soul and No Spare Parts come to mind as outstanding and wasn't All The Rage new vocals, or am I having an aneurysm?

Following The River is sublime for me, but never dug PMS. NSP isn't bad.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 15, 2024 23:07

VoodooLounge13

The Stones dont record like those artists though. Those acts generally use minimal overdubs (if they use any at all). For the Beatles, only their later work required them ('Let it Be' was an exception for the most part, as the original concept for what was meant to be the 'Get Back' album was that it would be cut 'live' in the studio). Neil Young and Bob Dylan are notorious for preferring to leave their studio work untouched (even to the extent where you can hear quite obvious fluffed lines and bum notes)

When the Stones make a record, the lyrics and vocals are usually only finished pretty late in the day, usually when they have a good idea of what songs they are actually going to release

As a result, out of all the hours and hours of studio outtakes of the Stones that are in circulation, there are very few original compositions which sound finished. Most of the completed takes that are out there are covers.

Therefore, whilst a lot of the Stones leftovers are interesting as bootlegs, they're pretty much commercially unreleasable and arent something that as artists they'd want to put their name to.

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: April 15, 2024 23:19

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
retired_dog
VoodooLounge13

Following The River is sublime for me, but never dug PMS. NSP isn't bad.

I absolutely love No Spare Parts, Do You Really Think I Care,So Divine, and Fast Talking. Oh I almost forgot Fiji Jim

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 16, 2024 03:08

Gazza
VoodooLounge13

The Stones dont record like those artists though. Those acts generally use minimal overdubs (if they use any at all). For the Beatles, only their later work required them ('Let it Be' was an exception for the most part, as the original concept for what was meant to be the 'Get Back' album was that it would be cut 'live' in the studio). Neil Young and Bob Dylan are notorious for preferring to leave their studio work untouched (even to the extent where you can hear quite obvious fluffed lines and bum notes)

When the Stones make a record, the lyrics and vocals are usually only finished pretty late in the day, usually when they have a good idea of what songs they are actually going to release

As a result, out of all the hours and hours of studio outtakes of the Stones that are in circulation, there are very few original compositions which sound finished. Most of the completed takes that are out there are covers.

Therefore, whilst a lot of the Stones leftovers are interesting as bootlegs, they're pretty much commercially unreleasable and arent something that as artists they'd want to put their name to.

That's what I meant in my above post with "different working methods". Basically, Mick seems to write and record final lyrics only for material that's chosen for release and leaves everything else aside.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 16, 2024 08:08

dcba
ER would sound too close to a SG reissue (plus is there material worth releasing from that era left?

TONS of material left - including 1977 SOME GIRLS sessions.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: April 16, 2024 09:13

The original vocals on bootlegged outtakes are frequently Jagger doing what he calls his 'vowel movements', basically la-la-la-ing and mumbling any non-sense that fits. I would much rather hear actual lyrics being sung properly even if they've been recorded recently.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: April 16, 2024 13:53

Emotional Rescue or Voodoo Lounge!!

Date: April 16, 2024 14:55

Gazza
VoodooLounge13

This makes much more sense, and now I understand it. Thanks Gazza!! Very much appreciate the detailed explanation. Hope all is well?!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 16, 2024 16:04

What about this:

Black & Blue Remastered

Bonus Disc:

• Built That Way
• Slave – 12-minute version with Ron Wood on lead guitar
• US Fresh
• Munich Reggae
• English Rose
• Man-Eating Woman
• Cellophane Trousers
• Chuck Berry No
• Find Yourself
• I'm Gonna Move (Bill Wyman)
• Let's Do It Right
• Paint Your Body (Skank Your Pussy)
• Too Late Now

Deluxe version: ‘Cherry Bombs in New York’: Madison Square Garden, June 27, 1975
Ultra Deluxe: ‘Live at the Cow Palace’, July 16, 1975.

Mathijs

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 16, 2024 16:09

Mathijs
What about this:

Black & Blue Remastered

Bonus Disc:

• Built That Way
• US Fresh
• Munich Reggae
• English Rose
• Man-Eating Woman
• Cellophane Trousers
• Chuck Berry No
• Find Yourself
• Let's Do It Right
• Too Late Now

Deluxe version: ‘Cherry Bombs in New York’: Madison Square Garden, June 27, 1975

Mathijs

I'll need this on Vinyl, and a Blu Ray/CD combo.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 16, 2024 16:15

hot smiley
Mathijs
What about this:

Black & Blue Remastered

Bonus Disc:

• Built That Way
• US Fresh
• Munich Reggae
• English Rose
• Man-Eating Woman
• Cellophane Trousers
• Chuck Berry No
• Find Yourself
• Let's Do It Right
• Too Late Now

Mathijs

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 16, 2024 16:38

• Too Late Now

Hey Negrita/Hand of Fate working titles ?

Replace them by "I Love Ladies" !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 16, 2024 16:43

Taylor1
A1972 live deluxe .L&G enhanced sound, and compendium of the best performances of the tour,from Philadelphia, New Yorkand Charlotte.Or maybe a concert in their vaults with great sound which has never been bootlegged
I agree. Time for some really hot performance that actually give justice to their legacy. Surprise me!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 16, 2024 17:12

Mathijs
What about this:

Black & Blue Remastered

Bonus Disc:

• Built That Way
• US Fresh
• Munich Reggae
• English Rose
• Man-Eating Woman
• Cellophane Trousers
• Chuck Berry No
• Find Yourself
• Let's Do It Right
• Too Late Now

Mathijs

Too good to be true.

Date: April 16, 2024 18:34

I've always loved the long instrumental Munich Hilton, but it appears it's from later sessions than B&B....

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: April 16, 2024 18:45

Mathijs
What about this:

Black & Blue Remastered

Bonus Disc:

• Built That Way
• US Fresh
• Munich Reggae
• English Rose
• Man-Eating Woman
• Cellophane Trousers
• Chuck Berry No
• Find Yourself
• Let's Do It Right
• Too Late Now

Mathijs

This would be AMAZING!!
But I am assuming Voodoo Lounge at this point...

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: April 16, 2024 18:45

MadMetaphoricalMax
I've always loved the long instrumental Munich Hilton, but it appears it's from later sessions than B&B....

That doesn't seem to have been much of a problem to them in the past!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 17, 2024 10:50

MadMetaphoricalMax

The best-known version is from Paris 1977, but they did takes from 1975 to 1983, with parts of Dancing Girls added to it.

Mathijs

Date: April 17, 2024 14:25

Mathijs
MadMetaphoricalMax

The best-known version is from Paris 1977, but they did takes from 1975 to 1983, with parts of Dancing Girls added to it.

Mathijs

IS the 1977 one with vocals? It's the (very lo fi bootleg) of the instrumental 12-minute version that I love. Stones meets Motorik Krautrock in Munich...
Get that out on 12" vinyl!!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home