Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones in Sheffield by Richard Crooks - New book 2023
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 11, 2023 14:47

The Rolling Stones in Sheffield
by Richard Crooks
New book 2023

Publication Date: 13th November, 2023

Language: English

The Rolling Stones history as seen from a city in England: Sheffield. From the very early shows in 1963, to the massive stadium shows much later. This is the Stones story as seen from Sheffield.

The book is 112 pages. packed with details, also a picture section, with ticket stubs, show pictures, posters, newspaper cuttings and more.

It is a small book, it does not take up much space in your Stones library, but it is so packed with details, I will need days and days of the holiday season to read it through, show by show, page by page. Highly recommended. I wish there would be similar books from all other cities!

Information from the publisher:

This thoroughly researched book gives an engaging and absorbing account of The Rolling Stones in the steel city.

A focus on their shows – contemporary reports before and after, reviews, fan recollections, highlighting the stark differences between touring and shows in the 1960s and in the 2000s.

A chapter with Sheffield’s own Dave Berry – who toured with the Stones in the 1960s – provides illuminating insights into what it was really like in that decade.

“You couldn’t really hear the Stones because of the screaming” (1964).…
“The greatest Rock and Roll show on earth” (1995)…. It’s all in here.

The book is available directly from the author:

Richard Crooks : richardrccrooks@aol.com

Publisher: Sheffield Books

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-11 17:23 by bv.

Re: The Rolling Stones in Sheffield by Richard Crooks - New book 2023
Posted by: Milan ()
Date: December 11, 2023 14:57

Thanks for the tip, sounds great.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 11, 2023 16:29

I was at the 1995 Voodoo Lounge show, only the 2nd of my lifetime 42. Wish I'd seen more of my shows back then. I thought Don Valley Stadium was a decent venue - such a pity it was demolished just 22 years after it was built. Music Events are still held on the land it stood on though - now called the Don Valley Bowl.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 12, 2023 15:25

I'll have to get hold of this one.

Great memories of three shows at the Don valley Stadium on the VL, B2B and ABB tours .

Always a great sound because it wasn't a fully enclosed stadium with towering reverberant stands to bugger up the sonics.

Rained quite a bit for both the 90s shows though...but rain never dampens a Stones show.

Posted by: RollstoDRSC ()
Date: December 13, 2023 17:27

Hi, bv!!!
Thanks so much for sharing these books!! Very great!!
I have the first book from the great bard os!!
cheers
DRSC
D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home