Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Vancouver BC Canada 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 13, 2024 02:08

Topi
Mickijaggeroo wanted me to drink beer in Gothenburg and now you're having me eat ice cream? What's next?

Be glad they aren’t playing in Newfoundland. You’d have to drink cheap rum and kiss a cod.

[www.canadianbucketlist.com]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 13, 2024 06:03

treaclefingers
Topi
Glad you approve. Any good whisky bars nearby?

I've had drinks here before...a walk up Georgia from your Hotel. Not sure how much of a Whisky connoisseur you are but it's a nice place to kick back:

[www.rosewoodhotels.com]

Very expensive hotel it’s for rich.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 13, 2024 15:47

babyblue
treaclefingers
Topi

I've had drinks here before...a walk up Georgia from your Hotel. Not sure how much of a Whisky connoisseur you are but it's a nice place to kick back:

[www.rosewoodhotels.com]

I never realized I was a 1%-er! I should upgrade my Lucky Dips!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 13, 2024 21:11

treaclefingers
babyblue
treaclefingers
Topi

[www.rosewoodhotels.com]

You 1%ers with your private jets, limos, platinum credit cards, etc. ruin it for the rest of us! smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 14, 2024 09:21

Me at YVR airport:

Date: February 15, 2024 16:30

DGA35
treaclefingers
babyblue
treaclefingers
Topi

[www.rosewoodhotels.com]

You 1%ers with your private jets, limos, platinum credit cards, etc. ruin it for the rest of us! smiling smiley

That reminds me, can I book a private jet from Abbotsford to Vancouver for July 5th? Must be available!

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: February 19, 2024 16:18

Magically, most every section of the stadium decided to “resell” their tickets….fascinating how that works isn’t it? Use the filter and toggle “verified resale ticket” on and off. Ridiculous. Save your money….firesale coming if you can stomach it….I never had the gonads to do it previously but the blatant, legal rip off kind of forces you into it now doesn’t it?

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 19, 2024 16:33

PaintitBlue
Magically, most every section of the stadium decided to “resell” their tickets….fascinating how that works isn’t it? Use the filter and toggle “verified resale ticket” on and off. Ridiculous. Save your money….firesale coming if you can stomach it….I never had the gonads to do it previously but the blatant, legal rip off kind of forces you into it now doesn’t it?

This was pointed out to me on the main tour thread: these tickets have been available on other secondary selling sites up to now, but TM only made resale available on their platform this week. So these 'new' tickets on TM aren't actually new to the market.

Not that I disagree with the principle of the general rant.

syrel

Date: February 19, 2024 17:40

syrel
PaintitBlue

This was pointed out to me on the main tour thread: these tickets have been available on other secondary selling sites up to now, but TM only made resale available on their platform this week. So these 'new' tickets on TM aren't actually new to the market.

Not that I disagree with the principle of the general rant.

syrel

I believe that unless you have a system where the person that buys the ticket needs to show up to claim it, no resales (thinking like Lucky Dips), you'll always have an active resale market. It's like they've whitewashed the scalper market and created a generation of armchair scalpers.

You buy your tickets, maybe keep a pair for yourselves and then try to sell the other pair so you can "pay" for your first pair, something like that.

So the only real question is how "accurate" market pricing is initially (and whether that changes as time goes). Does the person buying the extra set make or lose money on that decision? Just like scalpers!

I understand the frustration but I don't have expectations that I have a "right" to go to see a show at a certain price so I don't let it bother me.

Though I will say that since 2012 I've only bought Lucky Dips, so that certainly takes the edge off.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 19, 2024 18:13

Slightly off topic from Vancouver, but the bands and companies like Ticketmaster basically decided two things:
1. If there is going to be secondary selling/scalping, we want a cut of it, and
2. If people are willing to pay XXXX on the secondary market, then we should be charging that, not the scalpers.

I actually don't have an issue with dynamic pricing (I'm interested that people accept it with flights and hotels, but think it's wrong with concert tickets). I do have an issue with high prices, but if people are willing to pay it, what can a poor boy do? All you can do is try to play the system. What bothers me is that most people don't know there is a system to play, they still assume that prices are fixed and sold out means sold out. Non-fans are amazed when I explain TM's ticket selling strategies to people (not just Stones tickets).

syrel

Date: February 19, 2024 18:27

syrel
(I'm interested that people accept it with flights and hotels, but think it's wrong with concert tickets).

They are falsely controlling supply and therefore manipulating people into believing there is a scarcity.

With planes and hotels they adjust prices with market demand, but they are not falsely manipulating availability as far as I know. Maybe i'm wrong about this. But if I am not I think there is a very big difference.

Date: February 19, 2024 18:44

PaintMonkeyManBlack
syrel
(I'm interested that people accept it with flights and hotels, but think it's wrong with concert tickets).

They are falsely controlling supply and therefore manipulating people into believing there is a scarcity.

With planes and hotels they adjust prices with market demand, but they are not falsely manipulating availability as far as I know. Maybe i'm wrong about this. But if I am not I think there is a very big difference.

I disagree. It's caveat emptor. The secondary market is alive and well on StubHub and various other sites. You don't have to rely on Ticketmaster for that secondary market. They likely have an agreement to "pause" the secondary market for a period so they can sell those primary tickets first.

While I may chortle, or be startled by what people are willing to pay, thousands, 10s of thousands for Taylor, it doesn't frustrate or annoy me in the slightest.

Posted by: Bosmatic1 ()
Date: April 12, 2024 06:30

Any idea when the band shows up for sound check? I’m staying about 10 min walk from the stadium and might try and see if I can see any of them arrive, maybe even get an album signed-if so lucky! Gonna be a beautiful summer night. Hope they open the roof.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 12, 2024 10:03

Normally they won't sign anything arriving at the venue. A better chance to get stuff signed is at the hotel.

Posted by: Bosmatic1 ()
Date: April 12, 2024 20:55

Hopefully someone will know, either way-bound to be a great night in Vancouver!

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2448
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home