Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Vancouver BC Canada 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: November 29, 2023 22:55

I know this happens every time but man this really sucks. Spine is crackling and my hands they shake. Maddening how they sell these tickets….if only other bands would have lined up with PEarl Jam back in the day they maybe could have come out the other side with a better system….though I guess the artist is the one driving it. Still really disappointing. It shouldn’t be this hard.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 29, 2023 22:57

Think I might call it quits for the day; not feeling like any pit Bs are gonna surface in the presale.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 29, 2023 23:01

I promised my friend I'd stay on it until 1:33 PM local

But looking bleak.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 29, 2023 23:02

GA FV seems to be gone for this presale

Date: November 29, 2023 23:12

Very short queues. But no pit VF

Date: November 29, 2023 23:20

Yeah looks like we're done.

Another day, another dollar tomorrow.

Date: November 30, 2023 00:13

Topi you had shared some codes for tomorrow were they for Vancouver? Eg Radio/Venue.etc,

Topi
Yeah looks like we're done.

Another day, another dollar tomorrow.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 30, 2023 00:34

Hat a Pit in the cart- twice, and by time I checked out.. "no longer available".

Bright(?) side.. on Friday, they'll be both AXS and TM to toggle between for the regular sale.
Seems every site was overwhelmed today.

Date: November 30, 2023 00:38

PaintitBlue
Topi you had shared some codes for tomorrow were they for Vancouver? Eg Radio/Venue.etc,

They should work across the board...we will find out

Date: November 30, 2023 00:50

Thanks for your diligence!

Topi
PaintitBlue

They should work across the board...we will find out

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 30, 2023 00:59

Wow, lots of posts for the Vancouver thread, already on page 3 when all the others are on first page still!
So, apart from the locals, where is everybody flying/driving in from? How many from other parts of Canada?

Date: November 30, 2023 01:03

I will be in Seattle July 1 thru 3 and then maybe just bus it across to Vancity.

Date: November 30, 2023 01:08

DGA35
Wow, lots of posts for the Vancouver thread, already on page 3 when all the others are on first page still!
So, apart from the locals, where is everybody flying/driving in from? How many from other parts of Canada?

They should have made the only Canadian stop two shows smileys with beer

Even with Seattle some seven weeks earlier.. bet they would have sold out two shows. They know what they're doing I guess, but Vancouver's always been a great Stones town.

Date: November 30, 2023 01:37

MisterDDDD
DGA35

Even with Seattle some seven weeks earlier.. bet they would have sold out two shows. They know what they're doing I guess, but Vancouver's always been a great Stones town.

Exactly! Hell Elton did 2 shows last year and Coldplay did 2 over the summer. Looking on TM right now, presales are pretty much sold out. Only AARP and platinum left. I'll check tomorrow to see what else is available when the other presales start.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 30, 2023 02:19

DGA35
MisterDDDD
DGA35

Exactly! Hell Elton did 2 shows last year and Coldplay did 2 over the summer. Looking on TM right now, presales are pretty much sold out. Only AARP and platinum left. I'll check tomorrow to see what else is available when the other presales start.

I'm with Mike and DGA... 2nd Vancouver show please winking smiley (not likely, but maybe Jolly St. Keef is listening)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 30, 2023 03:18

BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
MisterDDDD
DGA35

I'm with Mike and DGA... 2nd Vancouver show please winking smiley (not likely, but maybe Jolly St. Keef is listening)

I think they should do a second show at somewhere more intimate. Abbotsford Centre anyone?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 30, 2023 03:21

>>>Vancouver's always been a great Stones town

Well, the show at BC Place in 1998 had something like 15 000 unsold seats. They didn't even bother coming in 2002/03, and initially had Van Morrison as the opener (changed to Bonnie Raitt on rescheduling) in 2006, as a likely ticket sales booster, although it ended up pretty full.

...and they repeatedly skipped Vancouver from 2012 onwards until announcing the cancelled 2020 show.

Date: November 30, 2023 03:30

mosthigh

Well, the show at BC Place in 1998 had something like 15 000 unsold seats. They didn't even bother coming in 2002/03, and initially had Van Morrison as the opener (changed to Bonnie Raitt on rescheduling) in 2006, as a likely ticket sales booster, although it ended up pretty full.

...and they repeatedly skipped Vancouver from 2012 onwards until announcing the cancelled 2020 show.

OK, if you're gonna be a stickler about it, maybe we're more of a comme-ci comme ça Stones town. Damn you historians!

Date: November 30, 2023 03:31

mosthigh

Meh.. they skipped a lot of cities after 2012, especially in Canada.

Was at all those shows... 15k shy for a place as big as BC place in '98 is bigger than most venues at the time.
Morrison wasn't available for the rescheduled date (unfortunately).. Bonnie wasn't brought on for sales winking smiley Was a great show.. including the snowstorm the day after.

I suppose if you're looking to criticize them, Vancouver, and the fans you could go back to the riots that happened in '72. Good times.
[vancouversun.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-30 03:32 by MisterDDDD.

Date: November 30, 2023 03:42

mosthigh

Hey mosthigh, correct numbers! 98 wasn't near sold out but then after 2 sold out shows in both 89 and 94, perhaps market over saturation. I had several friends who were Stones fans that passed on that show because they'd seen them twice. 06 was sold out, don't think it mattered who the opening act was. I actually wish it was Van the Man!
It's weird how as you get older, time seems to fly by faster. It'll have been 18 years since they were last in town! In 89 it had been 17 years since they opened the 72 tour here and at that time I thought wow, it's been an eternity! Now it's like 06 doesn't seem that long ago!

Date: November 30, 2023 03:43

treaclefingers
BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
MisterDDDD
DGA35

I think they should do a second show at somewhere more intimate. Abbotsford Centre anyone?

Ha, Chilliwack Coliseum would be even better!

Date: November 30, 2023 03:55

DGA35
treaclefingers
BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
MisterDDDD
DGA35

Ha, Chilliwack Coliseum would be even better!

yeah, but it'd still be a 10 minute drive and traffic down Evan's would be BRUTAL!

Date: November 30, 2023 04:59

Have Chilliwack open for them!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 30, 2023 05:44

Commodore would be divine cool smiley

Date: November 30, 2023 19:46

Any presale code for the venue BC Place?

Date: November 30, 2023 19:57

I'd try GIMME, HACKNEY or RAMBLER

Date: November 30, 2023 20:04

1837...THIS IS BRUTAL. I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS SO IT'S READY FOR ENTERING THE CODES.

Date: November 30, 2023 20:14

Tough pit.

HACKNEY showed me Pit B, tried 2, cannot put to cart

Date: November 30, 2023 20:19

Pit A only packages

Date: November 30, 2023 20:21

Got Pit B FV, cannot put to cart

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2366
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home