Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 22
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2024
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 22, 2023 18:09

24FPS
I was the test for the first Lucky Dips, at the 2013 L.A. show. Yes, got terrible nosebleed seats. Such a bad angle you couldn't see everybody on stage. We did get up and move to better ones. Found out later that those with bad Lucky Dips went to customer service and got better seats! Don't know if that still happens.

I've heard of that happening too. Worth a try. Only thing they can do is say no.

Arena shows have far less tickets available than stadiums, so by that yardstick I'd imagine you're far less likely to get good tickets in a Lucky Dip.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 22, 2023 18:50

Gazza
24FPS
I was the test for the first Lucky Dips, at the 2013 L.A. show. Yes, got terrible nosebleed seats. Such a bad angle you couldn't see everybody on stage. We did get up and move to better ones. Found out later that those with bad Lucky Dips went to customer service and got better seats! Don't know if that still happens.

I've heard of that happening too. Worth a try. Only thing they can do is say no.

Arena shows have far less tickets available than stadiums, so by that yardstick I'd imagine you're far less likely to get good tickets in a Lucky Dip.

not necessarily since the pit is (or used) to be rather small – no matter whether it's in a stadium or in an indoor arena. And there's no reason why people more people should be willing or unwilling to pay absurd prices for tickets for an arena than for a stadium show. Buying power seems to play a key role although it's not the only factor.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 22, 2023 23:17

slewan

I wouldn't call it surprising. In Germany are usually about 2/3 of the price of the cheapest ticket.

But also tickets were:
Year: cheapest ticket / 2 LD
2014: 104 / 130 Euros (Düsseldorf)
2017: 109 / 130 Euros (München)
2018: 149 / 139 Euros (Düsseldorf)
2022: 238 / 132 Euros (Berlin)

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: November 22, 2023 23:32

24FPS

I also had Lucky Dips in 2013, Honda Center in Anaheim. Got nosebleeds and customer service wouldn’t do anything for us.

Date: November 23, 2023 01:45

slewan
Gazza
24FPS

not necessarily since the pit is (or used) to be rather small – no matter whether it's in a stadium or in an indoor arena. And there's no reason why people more people should be willing or unwilling to pay absurd prices for tickets for an arena than for a stadium show. Buying power seems to play a key role although it's not the only factor.

well, I didnt specifically mean pit - just 'good tickets'. Theres simply a lot more bad tickets in a stadium, even if you take into account they hold maybe 2-3 times as many people. A pit in a stadium is usually bigger than in an arena - a football pitch is wider than a basketball/hockey arena. If we can say that, for example, half the tickets in a venue are 'good' tickets, its easier to sell 10,000 of them in an arena than 25,000 of them in a stadium in the same price ranges.

Get your point though

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 23, 2023 03:49

Is it possible to buy two individual LD tickets, or are they only sold in pairs?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 23, 2023 03:54

jahisnotdead
Is it possible to buy two individual LD tickets, or are they only sold in pairs?

Pairs only Buy a pair and meet up with an IORRer. it might just change your life.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: November 23, 2023 06:03

MisterDDDD
They will.

Toughest part trying for multiple shows all in the same time zone will be them all going on sale at the same time.

Multiple devices, multiple TM accounts, multiple phone numbers to verify TM accounts, etc.

Tough, but not impossible..I'm definitely up for the challenge smiling smiley

With multiple TM accounts, is it enough to have a different email to set up a separate account or is there more to it?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-23 06:08 by Sockers56.

Posted by: Sodacityflyguy ()
Date: November 23, 2023 19:02

Mr DDDD me 2 brother..c ya soon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-23 19:05 by Sodacityflyguy.

Date: November 24, 2023 00:17

CindyC
jahisnotdead

Pairs only Buy a pair and meet up with an IORRer. it might just change your life.

Not always in a good way

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 24, 2023 07:20

Gazza
CindyC
jahisnotdead

Not always in a good way

(But I Like It)

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 24, 2023 07:54

I never get LD. I don’t feel like standing 2 hours shoulder to shoulder.

Date: November 24, 2023 16:23

babyblue

You mean...in the pit?

I've never waited more than 20 minutes picking up LD's.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 24, 2023 16:26

Gazza
CindyC
jahisnotdead

Not always in a good way

What happened? Sounds juicy

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 24, 2023 17:07

treaclefingers
babyblue

You mean...in the pit?

Yeah.. occasionally some venues have long lines combined with will call etc but never takes that long.
Have seen people pull pit tickets and not want them before, several times, and either exchange 'em or trade with someone in line who didn't.

Date: November 24, 2023 17:17

treaclefingers
babyblue

You mean...in the pit?

Then you did not have lucky dips for Munchen, lol.

Date: November 24, 2023 17:42

CindyC
Gazza
CindyC
jahisnotdead

Not always in a good way

The sound of the clap...and not in relation to applause.

Date: November 25, 2023 00:12

CindyC
Gazza
CindyC
jahisnotdead

Not always in a good way

I met you. grinning smiley

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: November 26, 2023 03:50

Going to shoot for LD again. I have an interest in Philly,NJ & maybe Vegas. Fingers crossed

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 26, 2023 11:25

Yeah, my plan is to double dip Chitown. Vancouver's my splurge show.

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: November 26, 2023 20:51

I play 3 times with LD:
Hamburg 2017 Pit with my wife
Munich 2022 good seat with a iorr member
Paris 2022 single LD & cheapest around 50€ but GA and bad view

Will try 2023 Glendale and Las Vegas, one show LD and the others Pit so it will be something like 325€ average per tix.

Date: November 26, 2023 22:40

A New Way to Sign In
You can now use a single account and password to sign in to other Ticketmaster sites.

We will first verify you are the account owner and then direct you to set a single password for all your linked accounts. Set Password Now

Can someone explain what this means? I tried to sign into TM and got the above.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: November 27, 2023 01:52

PaintMonkeyManBlack
treaclefingers
babyblue

You mean...in the pit?

Then you did not have lucky dips for Munchen, lol.

Thought the same, lol.

Glad I got in shortly before the Stones came on stage. Friends of me missed half of the show.

Date: November 27, 2023 09:57

Sockers56
A New Way to Sign In
You can now use a single account and password to sign in to other Ticketmaster sites.

We will first verify you are the account owner and then direct you to set a single password for all your linked accounts. Set Password Now

Can someone explain what this means? I tried to sign into TM and got the above.

I think it just means your Ticketmaster login info will be the same on each country's Ticketmaster site. You just need to set up a new password and you're good to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-27 10:07 by Topi.

Date: November 27, 2023 12:33

Question for General Sale times. Is it always local? So for example

LAS VEGAS / PST
DEC | 01 | 2023
10:00 AM
-> 7 PM Central Europe

NEW YORK / EST
DEC | 01 | 2023
10:00 AM
-> 4 PM Central Europe

I would assume that Lucky Dips go online Dec 1st. But do they all go online at the same time?

Date: November 27, 2023 12:45

Local.

Date: November 27, 2023 12:50

Topi
Local.

Thanks. I just checked the 2020 LD chat. And it really started with people buying LDs for Detroit, Cleveland, Charlotte and an hour later for Nashville, Dallas... Anyway, I will try LA and Vegas, it will be one of them if my summer plans work out.

Date: November 27, 2023 12:50

"Golden rules:

Refresh = F5

If you have browser problems, try a "fresh start":

Ctrl + Shift + N = new incognito tab with Chrome browser

Bjornulf"

From the 2020 LD chat

Date: November 27, 2023 15:44

Why incognito?

Date: November 27, 2023 17:10

Sockers56
Why incognito?

I guess so ticketmaster doesn't think that you already have a window open - which you do not because you just closed the browser due to tech problems. Something like that. I never had problems and got LD even on my phone one time while ordering food to go.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2267
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home