Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 66
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 5, 2023 23:46

Question regarding seating. On the BC Place ticketmaster page, the endzone seats still available say obstructed view, while some close to the endzone say limited view. I'm sure all the other venues are similar. Much difference? How obstructed would the view be?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 6, 2023 00:19

stanlove
treaclefingers
stanlove
Why are they selling tickets half a year in advance? Makes no sense ( especially at their ages ) to me and they didn’t used to do that.

At their ages it seems like a good chance that the tour won’t even happen.

Love your contributions.

You didn’t answer the question.

I'm not obliged to.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 6, 2023 00:22

DGA35
Question regarding seating. On the BC Place ticketmaster page, the endzone seats still available say obstructed view, while some close to the endzone say limited view. I'm sure all the other venues are similar. Much difference? How obstructed would the view be?

We don't know how the stage looks so we don't know about that. In 2022 the view on the screens were bad from the sides so they added two more side screens at later shows. In 2017 in Düsseldorf they sold tickets that were even behind the line where the big screens were placed so you could barely see anything. It all depends on the stage settings!

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: December 6, 2023 02:35

I think we can assume those pictures are showing the intended video screen or sound tower designs on the floor in the GA space. My guess is they anticipate those cutting down sight lines in the Behind them…seems to line up with the drawing.

hockenheim95
DGA35

We don't know how the stage looks so we don't know about that. In 2022 the view on the screens were bad from the sides so they added two more side screens at later shows. In 2017 in Düsseldorf they sold tickets that were even behind the line where the big screens were placed so you could barely see anything. It all depends on the stage settings!

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: December 6, 2023 02:39

Definitely blocked sightlines due to equiptment at the back of the floor. The seats directily above those are unobstructed.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: December 6, 2023 02:56

treaclefingers
stanlove
treaclefingers
stanlove
Why are they selling tickets half a year in advance? Makes no sense ( especially at their ages ) to me and they didn’t used to do that.

At their ages it seems like a good chance that the tour won’t even happen.

Love your contributions.

You didn’t answer the question.

I'm not obliged to.

Touché my friend!

Posted by: Ellipooh ()
Date: December 6, 2023 02:59

I wonder if others agree that it would be useful to have the forums for the individual concert dates collected into a single pinned folder, rather than scattered through the Tell Me folder?
I’m having a hard time searching for the dates I’m interested in.
But maybe I’m just lazy…

***Can't you hear me knocking?***

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: December 6, 2023 04:22

The ticket availability looks sparser than usual. Do we expect that this reflects actual availability? I didn’t even bother with the on sale dates because I always get screwed, so for the past couple years I’ve been waiting until the few weeks leading up the the show when the packages changed to normal price. But I just looked and there’s not much of anything anywhere. Just wondering what you all think is going on.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 6, 2023 05:05

The day of show the stadium box office will be selling tickets if you can wait that long.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 6, 2023 06:04

Told Cleveland and Glendale face value pits dropped a few hours ago.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: December 6, 2023 06:51

I think they are holding tix back. How many? No clue.

Date: December 6, 2023 07:21

They are definitely manipulating inventory. Drops happen every tour.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: December 6, 2023 07:35

Topi

Appreciate you trying to get us updates .. I haven't seen anything FV for Cleveland yet, tho, and no Pits at all and I check Cleveland morning, noon, and night!

It'll come tho, prob after holidays smiling smiley

Date: December 6, 2023 08:38

snoopy2
Topi

Appreciate you trying to get us updates .. I haven't seen anything FV for Cleveland yet, tho, and no Pits at all and I check Cleveland morning, noon, and night!

It'll come tho, prob after holidays smiling smiley

Are you in the Shidoobee Facebook group? Those drops were first posted there at around 6:45 PM EST.

I think the Cleveland drop was SeatGeek, not TM.

Glendale Was SeatGeek. You can still get Pit A to Glendale for 443+fees

Date: December 6, 2023 08:39

I think the majority is held back. There is not much publicity from this tour when it went onsale. Also from the 3 stones themselves. I find this really weird. I expect them to sell the packages in period x and then drop more and more and we will hear more promotion from the official

I do really think they will sell pit at face more than not because they want a good crowd in front of tbem.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 6, 2023 09:07

The Vancouver show was advertised on one Vancouver tv news channel every day.
I think a lot of tickets are held til concert day then sold at box office .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-06 09:10 by babyblue.

Date: December 6, 2023 14:48

Seattle SMU VIP packs dropping

Date: December 6, 2023 14:51

So just out of curiosity, I'm wondering why you both think there are so many tickets that are "held back". I'm not disputing that, just wondering why you think they feel there is a reason to do it.

I'd guess maybe a few for marketing/friends...but not "the majority" or even a lot. If so, what is the reason?

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 6, 2023 14:53

Topi

I don't think they've ever not been available since the sales started?
syrel

Date: December 6, 2023 14:56

treaclefingers
So just out of curiosity, I'm wondering why you both think there are so many tickets that are "held back". I'm not disputing that, just wondering why you think they feel there is a reason to do it.

I'd guess maybe a few for marketing/friends...but not "the majority" or even a lot. If so, what is the reason?

Two main reasons, I think:
1) It makes people panic because they think it is selling out, and so they make a purchase while there are 'only' a few hundred tickets left and don't think rationally about how much they are spending.
2) Seats prices at the front at $2-12,000 makes "just" $300 for a GA ticket in the back half OF A FOOTBALL PITCH feel like a completely reasonable price.

Also - the people who are keenest to go are the ones looking for tickets early, so if you can sell them the crappier seats, that leaves the better seats for people who may need a bit more encouragement to shell out big bucks later in the sales cycle (even face value is big bucks).

syrel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-06 15:02 by syrel.

Date: December 6, 2023 15:05

syrel
treaclefingers

Two main reasons, I think:
1) It makes people panic because they think it is selling out, and so they make a purchase while there are 'only' a few hundred tickets left and don't think rationally about how much they are spending.
2) Seats prices at the front at $2-12,000 makes "just" $300 for a GA ticket in the back half OF A FOOTBALL PITCH feel like a completely reasonable price.

Also - the people who are keenest to go are the ones looking for tickets early, so if you can sell them the crappier seats, that leaves the better seats for people who may need a bit more encouragement to shell out big bucks later in the sales cycle (even face value is big bucks).

syrel

Thank you, those are totally plausible reasons, but whoa, that is totally cynical...your last point!

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: December 6, 2023 15:05

treaclefingers

Yeah, I’m not one to try to get into the head of Ticketmaster and figure out what kind of 3D chess game they’re playing, but I would think it wouldn’t be good for business to hold back thousands of tickets and for a very long period of time let the idea permeate that tickets are unobtainable a la Taylor Swift.

On the other hand I can’t see how what I saw on Ticketmaster reflects reality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-06 15:06 by joshbg2k.

Date: December 6, 2023 15:09

Lots of standard prices tickets dropping for every show.

Date: December 6, 2023 15:09

syrel
Topi

I don't think they've ever not been available since the sales started?
syrel

Could be. I'm just relaying something I saw posted.

Date: December 6, 2023 15:10

joshbg2k
treaclefingers

Yeah, I’m not one to try to get into the head of Ticketmaster and figure out what kind of 3D chess game they’re playing, but I would think it wouldn’t be good for business to hold back thousands of tickets and for a very long period of time let the idea that tickets are unobtainable a la Taylor Swift.

On the other hand I can’t see how what I saw on Ticketmaster reflects reality.

Well the other thing is that if you compare shows, ie Vancouver vs. Seattle, Vancouver is basically a sellout already whereas you can get seats anywhere, even Pit, for Seattle still (at least when I checked on the weekend).

Plus, Ticketmaster then eschews access to all that money by holding tickets back for 6 months. They are sitting on our money, for free while we wait for the show. It's possible that they're playing 3D chess but do we have examples of that for every show? Surely you could point to this happening repeatedly, dumping massive lots of tickets before showtime...I've never heard this happening before. Maybe a few that they'd held back as promos but nothing major.

Date: December 6, 2023 15:17

treaclefingers
syrel

syrel

Thank you, those are totally plausible reasons, but whoa, that is totally cynical...your last point!

You can easily see it though - in the presales there is rarely anything at face value available in the first few rows of a block, and most things on the floor were row 25-ish. A couple of days ago, there was a face value drop for Vancouver - 500ish tickets miraculously appearing. All of the tickets that became available in block 239 (1st lower level block Keith side) were in the back corner of the block. A lot (though not all) of the tickets that became available at the end of the stadium were the limited view ones behind the sound towers.There are still available tickets in those blocks, they'll just sell them later.

syrel

Date: December 6, 2023 15:59

syrel
treaclefingers
syrel

syrel

You can easily see it though - in the presales there is rarely anything at face value available in the first few rows of a block, and most things on the floor were row 25-ish. A couple of days ago, there was a face value drop for Vancouver - 500ish tickets miraculously appearing. All of the tickets that became available in block 239 (1st lower level block Keith side) were in the back corner of the block. A lot (though not all) of the tickets that became available at the end of the stadium were the limited view ones behind the sound towers.There are still available tickets in those blocks, they'll just sell them later.

syrel

I will dispute that as when I went on to the presale for Vancouver, I purchased a pair on the floor, Keith side, row 6, FV. There were definitely other tickets. When I started in the "line up" there were 5000 in the queue so I'd have to think there was more availability when that queue started that I didn't get a chance at.

I'm not suggesting that they won't release additional tickets closer to the show - everyone does, they're just normally tickets reserved for the band/promos - I'm just saying I don't think there's a conspiracy in play that tries to manipulate people.

Though I will bend to any actual evidence of that!

Date: December 6, 2023 16:11

They're only trying to make us LOOK paranoid!

Posted by: glimmerstone ()
Date: December 6, 2023 16:16

Ellipooh
I wonder if others agree that it would be useful to have the forums for the individual concert dates collected into a single pinned folder, rather than scattered through the Tell Me folder?
I’m having a hard time searching for the dates I’m interested in.
But maybe I’m just lazy…

If you go to "Tour 2024" from the home page and click on a city name in the schedule table it will take you to "Stones travel and show info" for that city.
I think this is what you are asking.

Date: December 6, 2023 16:18

That's a good catch, congratulations. I wasn't so lucky. I'm not saying there are no good seats to be had at face value, but they will keep a lot of them back to use as platinum/package once the 'last few' that are available at the moment are sold.

I wish I could just work out how their queuing system works eye rolling smiley

syrel

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2059
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home