Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 66
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 3, 2023 21:05

jiveeye
Could someone send a map or explain the different sections for New Orleans?

[www.nojazzfest.com]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 3, 2023 22:55

I’ve been watching a ticket in Vancouver - out of morbid curiosity. It is a single ticket 3 rows in front of thr B stage. When I first noticed it, it was priced at $9,989 Cdn. It has fluctuated a bit, as low as around $9500. Just checked again. Brace yourselves…

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 3, 2023 23:08

Currently there are about 300 tickets available for Vancouver, all platinum priced. The cheapest tickets are nosebleeds (tier 4 of stadium) at $1200 (plus fees). If you filter out platinum there are literally no tickets. Even by Stones standards, it's extraordinary.
Syrel

Date: December 3, 2023 23:13

Just checked re: above. The service fees are $1,731.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 3, 2023 23:28

The seven days off between Seattle and NJ would be perfect for a second show in Vancouver.
Seems a bit early in the tour, five shows in, for a mid-tour break. There's also six days off between Denver and Chicago that would make sense for a break. While I waited to splurge on a pit ticket for Vancouver, and struck out, feeling really good now sitting on a rear GA floor ticket and a pair of Lucky Dips!

Stand by my earlier comments that Vancouver is a great Stones town, and they really should have two shows smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-03 23:31 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 4, 2023 01:44

I still think that the sections in the lower and upper bowl right beside the stage will go on sale eventually.

One thing to mention is BV's 2024 tour page with the venues and capacities. BC Place is listed as 60000 but it's no where near that for concerts. For this concert, capacity is about 47000. Same as all the other venues listed. Just checking attendances at previous shows in 2019, 2021 etc: LA 40838 X 2 shows, Seattle 53363, New York 52482 x 2, Chicago 49114 x 2 all the same venues.

Date: December 4, 2023 01:45

BeastyBurdeny
babyblue
I can’t believe how expensive tickets for Vancouver are, GNR was much cheaper.

I mean, in all fairness, Guns N roses have played in Vancouver in 2011 and 2017 and most recently in 2023. They've also played shows in our neighbouring province (Alberta) and state (Washington).

Stones haven't played Vancouver since 2006, Alberta since 2007, and Seattle most recently in 2019.

Nosebleeds for the Stones Vancouver 2023, during the Livenation presale, were 80-90 dollars. Those prices weren't really available during the regular sale. Guns N Roses nosebleeds during presale were about 80-90 dollars and dipped down to about 72 dollars during the regular sale, as it wasn't selling very well (lots of seats available even the day of the show).

Not to mention Rolling Stones are more of a bucket-list band to casual fans, due to their legacy.

Exactly Beasty. I was actually surprised they were playing BC Place and not Rogers. I remember there were a ton of tickets available close to the day of.

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: December 4, 2023 01:46

SomeTorontoGirl
I’ve been watching a ticket in Vancouver - out of morbid curiosity. It is a single ticket 3 rows in front of thr B stage. When I first noticed it, it was priced at $9,989 Cdn. It has fluctuated a bit, as low as around $9500. Just checked again. Brace yourselves…

Crazy. Don’t see too many people having problems with these prices, I wonder why…

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: December 4, 2023 02:05

birdie
SomeTorontoGirl

Crazy. Don’t see too many people having problems with these prices, I wonder why…
looks a bit like legal robberygrinning smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 4, 2023 02:35

Those prices are so insane as to look surreal. Who in their right mind would ever bite at those prices...

Date: December 4, 2023 02:45

When you filter out the Platinum package tix, there are a few odd seats scattered around in 2 floor sections. When you filter to only show standard price tix, there is not a single ticket. It’s like the Sopranos are running TicketB*stards.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: December 4, 2023 03:13

Main stage is on the left…there will be no other acts on during stones likely. You can see the listed VIP sections.,..grand Marshall pass basically gets the front 20-30 rows reserved…it’s the “pit” tickets. It’s all GA tho so hard to derteremine how many ros that section would actually be….its pretty close tho we had them ready for the year Mick had the heart issue. It would have been pretty special….just like this one will actually be if it happens. If you caN GET A GRAND MARSHALL PASS it would be sweet. I found it was easy to get them if you were right there when they went on sale…was easy to sell the rest of the weekend of the pass too.

erikjjf
jiveeye
Could someone send a map or explain the different sections for New Orleans?

[www.nojazzfest.com]

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 4, 2023 03:38

DGA35
I still think that the sections in the lower and upper bowl right beside the stage will go on sale eventually.

One thing to mention is BV's 2024 tour page with the venues and capacities. BC Place is listed as 60000 but it's no where near that for concerts. For this concert, capacity is about 47000. Same as all the other venues listed. Just checking attendances at previous shows in 2019, 2021 etc: LA 40838 X 2 shows, Seattle 53363, New York 52482 x 2, Chicago 49114 x 2 all the same venues.

LA is closer to 65-70000 for end stage, there were gobs of empty seats at those shows.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: December 4, 2023 04:31

Dan
DGA35

LA is closer to 65-70000 for end stage, there were gobs of empty seats at those shows.

The capacity of each venue doesn't really matter. The Stones don't price their tickets to sellout, they price them to maximize revenue. If a venue sells out immediately it means the prices were far too low.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: December 4, 2023 05:25

MisterDDDD
The seven days off between Seattle and NJ would be perfect for a second show in Vancouver.
Seems a bit early in the tour, five shows in, for a mid-tour break. There's also six days off between Denver and Chicago that would make sense for a break. While I waited to splurge on a pit ticket for Vancouver, and struck out, feeling really good now sitting on a rear GA floor ticket and a pair of Lucky Dips!

Stand by my earlier comments that Vancouver is a great Stones town, and they really should have two shows smileys with beer

May all vancouver dips = pit-fest 2024

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 4, 2023 06:26

Let all us Vancouver Stones fans be happy when we get that second gig announced and it’s in the Commodore Ballroom.
grinning smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 4, 2023 06:29

Paddy
Let all us Vancouver Stones fans be happy when we get that second gig announced and it’s in the Commodore Ballroom.
grinning smiley

Pre-party at the Roxy too? winking smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 4, 2023 06:54

Would be nice but in the meantime dream on.

Date: December 4, 2023 06:57

Dan
DGA35

Yes, I realize it's a huge stadium, Taylor just did 6 shows there at 70k per show. I was using figures on this site which I'm sure were from Billboard Boxscore. Again, big difference between stadium football capacity and concert capacity.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 4, 2023 07:15

Jeter1984
Dan
DGA35

The capacity of each venue doesn't really matter. The Stones don't price their tickets to sellout, they price them to maximize revenue. If a venue sells out immediately it means the prices were far too low.

Hey thanks for telling me all about how concert economics work, I am impressed with your intelligence. I was just pointing out the actual concert capacity for SoFi Stadium. I eagerly await the dozen or so other responses to come.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 4, 2023 08:02

Beast
Those prices are so insane as to look surreal. Who in their right mind would ever bite at those prices...

Broadly I agree, but they only need one person to whom money is no object...
Syrel

Date: December 4, 2023 10:25

Yes, there's always one of those, for sure.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 4, 2023 13:10

SomeTorontoGirl

the order processing fee is incredibly cheap

Posted by: tinnitus ()
Date: December 4, 2023 13:18

Looking at these layouts, it appears that venues have seated areas at the front of the stage, which is a departure from standing for Gold Circle tickets I had on the last couple of tours.

I have gone for general admission at Las Vegas this time. Feels slightly odd to me that there would be seats in front of the stage rather than standing?

Date: December 4, 2023 13:43

slewan
SomeTorontoGirl

the order processing fee is incredibly cheap

That's because the purchaser is already being royally ripped off another way!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 4, 2023 13:44

tinnitus
Looking at these layouts, it appears that venues have seated areas at the front of the stage, which is a departure from standing for Gold Circle tickets I had on the last couple of tours.

I have gone for general admission at Las Vegas this time. Feels slightly odd to me that there would be seats in front of the stage rather than standing?

Seats in front of the "B stage", yes.

Very rarely we'll get a Golden Circle here in the states. Only occasionally places like Desert Trip and other large festivals, they'll have one.

Quickly became my favorite ticket in Europe, I wish we had them routinely.
Regular standing Pit areas are at all the concerts.

Date: December 4, 2023 14:00

Beast
That's because the purchaser is already being royally ripped off another way!

Royally ‘ripped off’??? More like TM has assumed Droit du seigneur.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 4, 2023 14:08

tinnitus

They know that they can charge a much higher average ticket price if most of the floor is seated.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 4, 2023 15:01

SomeTorontoGirl

I may wait for the virtual tour ala KISS

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 4, 2023 15:06

Topi
Paddy
grinning smiley

Pre-party at the Roxy too? winking smiley

That's a good plan.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2418
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home