Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 67
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: livefromuk ()
Date: December 1, 2023 18:42

WealthAndTaste
The ticketing isn’t managed by the venue, so I’m not sure how much someone at the stadium would or would not necessarily know, but the question is whether and when anyone saw significant general inventory available or was able to buy it. I never saw it and I don’t think anyone else did here, either.

Here’s what I have seen in Philly: limited to no general availability at the start of the DIAMONDS presale. There was decent availability of packages and premium seats, and very limited general inventory you had to hunt for. I have seen reports of a trickle of pits and rear GA bought by people here but otherwise almost no reports of buying tickets at face. There *were* lots of seats available in contiguous blocks in the rear of lower sections in the AARP presale at face that were managed as separate inventory - those presumably have sold, but nothing in the front.

Now, I got in a couple minutes late in the first presale and did not check the venue presales yesterday, but other than the AARP never ever saw very much other than premiums and packages available and I think that’s largely consistent with what others have said here.

The ticketing is managed by the local box office, whether it be aligned to the venue or cover multiple venues. I have contacts that run the "box office" for the Met & Linc in Philly as well as venues in DC, NY, CA, TX & IN. But alas, I'll let folks think what they want.

At the end of the day I hope as many folks were able to get tickets as possible, and not through VIP and/or Platinum tickets. I just want people to be prepared when they are not surprised at the lack of supply in certain venues and that the resale market will be the primary source for tickets outside of the occasional drops or adjusting the remaining platinum tickets to face value.

Hopefully my brief postings on the boards today from "47" or whatever number it was boosts my "credibility" tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Meteor ()
Date: December 1, 2023 19:19

Was just staring vacantly at the Cleveland seating map, when 2 together on the KR-side floor, A5 row 13, turned from gray to blue right before my eyes. $499 each. I snapped 'em up.
I don't know how this all works, but patience pays off

Posted by: bkrancho ()
Date: December 1, 2023 19:22

jcstone47
I guess ticketmaster F'd up because only the platinum are available

Ticketmaster. has. nothing. to. do. with. pricing. period.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: December 1, 2023 19:22

Is there any choice how to get the tix? By e-mail, by shipping, pick up at the box office?

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: December 1, 2023 19:27

Quick question... How long after 10AM did east coast LDs go on sale. It's almost 10:30 in Denver, and still no LD link...

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 1, 2023 19:28

There are no LDs in Denver

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: December 1, 2023 19:29

MAF
Is there any choice how to get the tix? By e-mail, by shipping, pick up at the box office?

Traditionally there's a list of delivery options at the checkout. But I think these days, it's like Henry Ford: You can have any color you want as long as it's black. In this case, any option as long as it's digital to your phone.

Date: December 1, 2023 19:30

syrel

Do you know why?

Date: December 1, 2023 19:31

vibrolux
syrel

Do you know why?

In the LD thread, I hazarded a guess that it is something to do with local lottery laws, like Buffalo 2015, but I don't actually know.

syrel

Posted by: Meteor ()
Date: December 1, 2023 19:32

MAF

this is linked to your ticket confirmation:

Change Delivery
Your current delivery is: Mobile
Please choose a new delivery method. We'll reissue your tickets with brand new barcodes.

() US Mail: Allow 10 to 14 business days for delivery US $4.50

() 2 Business Day (Evening) US $18.50

() 3 Business Day (Evening) US $14.50

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-01 19:33 by Meteor.

Date: December 1, 2023 19:32

syrel
vibrolux
syrel

Do you know why?

In the LD thread, I hazarded a guess that it is something to do with local lottery laws, like Buffalo 2015, but I don't actually know.

syrel

Got it. Back to my original question, do you know how long after 10AM local the LD links showed up for other shows?

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: December 1, 2023 19:33

Any suggestions for this AXS error? It's rather fitting...............hot smiley

Out of time
We are sorry but the time to purchase your tickets has run out.

Date: December 1, 2023 19:34

vibrolux

Got it. Back to my original question, do you know how long after 10AM local the LD links showed up for other shows?

About 10 mins **before**
syrel

Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: December 1, 2023 19:58

Hi Everyone, I have quick question regarding floor seating:

On Seatgeek and Stubhub, Floor Seats listings don't provide actual Seat Numbers.
TicketMaster, gives you the EXACT seats you'll be buying in the Floor Sections, which is pretty freakin' important as far as I'm concerned.

Am I missing something on SG or SH? Is there a way to know the Seat Number for Floor Seats tickets you're buying BEFORE the purchase?

Why would anyone in their right mind buy a Floor Seat ticket without knowing if you're aisle closest to the stage, or aisle furthest from the stage, etc. etc.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:09

vibrolux
syrel
vibrolux
syrel

Do you know why?

syrel

I got into the LD for Gillette at 9:43 am. Was 2nd in the queue and completed my transaction at 10:03

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:09

@livefromuk - I may be biased because I do always find affordable tickets on resale sites and even some drops on TM or other primary platform. And I check often enough to see the new seats appear. Like a whole new row of 8 that was not even there they day before for One Direction in the stadium for my nieces but likely production holds and adding another row once production finalized and other things like that. Also we always find GA PIT at face $499 range off and on throughout the run up to the show. One or 2 at a time and also a few random LDs that show up off and on. I also buy friends last minute tickets and tend to find some.

I know the resale sites buy blocks so I guess I think of show as "not sold out" because I can always get them on resale sites (I buy immediate transfer only to ensure they show up in my mobile app right away)

livefromuk
PaintMonkeyManBlack
livefromuk
syrel
Maybe the Eagles run things differently, but for The Stones, it's true. Keep watching over the next weeks/months. We've been here before.
syrel

I understand how this "works" as I've been going to shows all over the world for the past 30 years.

I'm telling you, outside of turning on "resale" and maybe a few rows opening up closer to the date of the show there will NOT be "thousands".

And it's not about the "Eagles doing things differently". He oversees the actual box office for the venue and all onsales.

But by all means, feel free to post / message me when I'm "wrong" in a few few weeks.

they want to sell out the show one day in advance. This would mean they had the optimum pricing.

Agree, they hit it just right in terms of pricing, presales, demand, a high likely hood of this being their "last US shows" (I know eye roll) and a fan base / demographic that will spend.

Date: December 1, 2023 20:11

syrel
vibrolux

About 10 mins **before**
syrel

Thanks again! Got LA and Santa Clara quick and easy. Now all I need is for the dice to roll right for me! (I've always had semi decent lower bowls. Never nose bleeds, never pit.)

Posted by: livefromuk ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:29

Totally get it.... for Philly specifically, it's typically one of the easier venues on the East Coast to get tix for, compared to the other major markets NJ/NY, DC or FL, esp. with stadiums.

Compared to previous Stones stadium tours, I've never seen them move this many tickets within 10 min of the general on sale & presales. (At least at the Linc, my memory can't go back to the Vet any more, lol.)

For shows at the Linc (minus Taylor Swift) you typically see rows and rows of Platinum and/or VIP tickets still available well after the onsale starts, not this time. I do anticipate tickets drops happening but I was trying to set realistic expectations that there will not be "thousands" of tickets dropping which tends to be the normal pattern, get fans all worked up, buy over priced tickets, etc.....

dnewton99
@livefromuk - I may be biased because I do always find affordable tickets on resale sites and even some drops on TM or other primary platform. And I check often enough to see the new seats appear. Like a whole new row of 8 that was not even there they day before for One Direction in the stadium for my nieces but likely production holds and adding another row once production finalized and other things like that. Also we always find GA PIT at face $499 range off and on throughout the run up to the show. One or 2 at a time and also a few random LDs that show up off and on. I also buy friends last minute tickets and tend to find some.

I know the resale sites buy blocks so I guess I think of show as "not sold out" because I can always get them on resale sites (I buy immediate transfer only to ensure they show up in my mobile app right away)

livefromuk
PaintMonkeyManBlack
livefromuk
syrel
Maybe the Eagles run things differently, but for The Stones, it's true. Keep watching over the next weeks/months. We've been here before.
syrel

I understand how this "works" as I've been going to shows all over the world for the past 30 years.

I'm telling you, outside of turning on "resale" and maybe a few rows opening up closer to the date of the show there will NOT be "thousands".

And it's not about the "Eagles doing things differently". He oversees the actual box office for the venue and all onsales.

But by all means, feel free to post / message me when I'm "wrong" in a few few weeks.

they want to sell out the show one day in advance. This would mean they had the optimum pricing.

Agree, they hit it just right in terms of pricing, presales, demand, a high likely hood of this being their "last US shows" (I know eye roll) and a fan base / demographic that will spend.

I got tickets for FOUR shows:

New Jersey Thursday (LD's)
New Jersey Sunday (my splurge, a single ticket Row 7 on the floor)
Atlanta (2 GA's in the back)
Philly (LD's)

These will be my 18th, 19th, 20th, and 21st times seeing the lads. My first show was Steel Wheels 1989 in East Troy, Wisconsin.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()

No Start Me Up Packages in the public sale. Do you think its a done deal or will some more show up later?

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:30

The last time I sat listening to an album while buying tickets for said album tour was in 1995 for Oasis' Morning Glory tour. But i did it this morning... stuck on the coffee and stuck on Hackney Diamonds while waiting to buy tickets. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: wachterc ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:31

Has anybody seen or bought PIT tickets at face value in todays sale? I had a look at five different shows and they didn't even shown up... and no packages either...

Just wondering... I have my LDs, so happy today anyway :-)

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:36

stubhub showing Rear GA for Foxboro at $250 with fees which is very close to regular prices on TM. Agree Metlife and Vegas harder.

livefromuk
Totally get it.... for Philly specifically, it's typically one of the easier venues on the East Coast to get tix for, compared to the other major markets NJ/NY, DC or FL, esp. with stadiums.

Compared to previous Stones stadium tours, I've never seen them move this many tickets within 10 min of the general on sale & presales. (At least at the Linc, my memory can't go back to the Vet any more, lol.)

For shows at the Linc (minus Taylor Swift) you typically see rows and rows of Platinum and/or VIP tickets still available well after the onsale starts, not this time. I do anticipate tickets drops happening but I was trying to set realistic expectations that there will not be "thousands" of tickets dropping which tends to be the normal pattern, get fans all worked up, buy over priced tickets, etc.....

dnewton99

livefromuk
PaintMonkeyManBlack
livefromuk
syrel
syrel

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:37

I saw no PIT and no Start Up packages...... wondering if the packages will appear again

Date: December 1, 2023 20:38

I've seen no FV pit today, unsurprisingly. Some SMU packages at Seattle
syrel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-01 20:38 by syrel.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:49

So we have ended up with GA for Vegas and LA#2, Ticketmaster has been so slow helping me out, I am still not able to purchase any tickets with my account nor credit cards associated with it. Am unwilling to go LDs for Vancouver, we were screwed last time doing LDs, and are unwilling to gamble on that. Am gambling on the whispered Sphere performances, will be willing to spend the big bucks there in trade for the easier and cheaper destination. We are really looking forward to the GA area, we have experienced and loved the Pit, and so thankful we did. That being said we are hoping that GA will be less stressful, I have gotten faint feeling the last 2 times in the Pit.

Posted by: Rolling1 ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:53

Got LD for Orlando, Cleveland, Both Chicago shows. Trying to purchase tickets at Denver (not LD) has been a trainwreck. when i got into queue 15 minutes before tickets went on sale, then got in waiting line there were 10k in front of me, 30 minutes later map on ticketmaster showing little to nothing available at regular price (2) seats, everything was official Platinum or double the regular price. Either these shows are selling very, very strong or TM is playing games. same could be said on Orlando & cleveland after i purchased LD.

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: December 1, 2023 21:00

I was looking for Pits in CLE, CHI2, HOU and Santa Clara.
Only FV pits that came up were for Santa Clara. I saw no SMU VIP packages available for these shows.
Waiting on the random drops now.

Sidenote: For as much help as Topi provides, I hope you got what you needed today!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-01 21:01 by Chitown23.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 1, 2023 21:02

GA is much less stressful, in fact not stressful at all if you are okay with just seeing screens. Plenty of room back there, did it for Las Vegas on the last tour.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: December 1, 2023 21:12

And what will the promoter say again? Sold out in ... minutes. Not mentioning all these presales battles the days before.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home