Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Driving Me Too Hard - Track Talk
Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: December 11, 2023 15:14

Drum cover in Charlie Watts style
[youtu.be]

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: December 11, 2023 18:15

OK, this song has definitely grown on me. On first listen to the album my gut reaction was this was the weakest song... but I like it a lot more. I think the only thing that really bugs me is in the intro - I know, I know, classic Keith... however, it is just too similar to Tumbling Dice. I wish they had entered the song a different way so it is a little more unique. It suffers the same problem as "one more shot" which has an intro too similar to Street Fighting Man... Apart from that though, definitely a solid keeper!

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: December 14, 2023 14:25

It would be funny if it was actually Mick doing those power riffs, like on Highwire...Is it all Keith here? Or Both? Again, those damn song credits..

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: December 30, 2023 14:52

One of my favorites! The chorus is beautiful….I just love Mick on it. And of course the way he sings “slow”.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 30, 2023 19:59

This is a really fun song it just has a great groove. It's too bad Charlie can't be on his one. Steve does well though.

Date: December 30, 2023 20:57

dedospegajosos
It would be funny if it was actually Mick doing those power riffs, like on Highwire...Is it all Keith here? Or Both? Again, those damn song credits..

Keith left and right, Mick adds some in the left channel and Ronnie on B-bender. Keith plays the solo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-04 19:40 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: January 4, 2024 15:54

slew
This is a really fun song it just has a great groove. It's too bad Charlie can't be on his one. Steve does well though.

I meant to say in my post that it is very fun. I just love this one!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: January 4, 2024 21:29

been pushed away on first listens by the TD replica intro, then I realized that there was much more. A crosseyed heart's song gone stoned

love it now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-04 21:29 by maumau.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 5, 2024 15:17

maumau
been pushed away on first listens by the TD replica intro, then I realized that there was much more. A crosseyed heart's song gone stoned

love it now

Yep this is about right. When I first heard it I didn’t actually “listen” to it apart from the TD intro. But now, living IN it, I absolutely love it. One of The Stones’ greats. Along with Depending on You. That too is just amazing.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-05 15:19 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: January 6, 2024 06:50

It was one of my two favorite HD songs from my first listen. Probably because it sounds like a Stones song from the past, yet it doesn't remind me of any earlier songs, except of course for the opening chords. And immediately, I thoght it was a Keith song. But Mick does outstanding vocals; it's a better song with Mick's vocals. Guitars are great. I've listened to this more than any other song. Hope they include it in at least a few 2024 setlists.

It's somewhat simple and won't win praise from music critics. But I'd make it slightly simpler by deleting some of the multiple background vocal "Drivin"s near the end, the first one and a couple others fit in well, but some of them needlessly take focus from Mick's superb vocals. It's a wonderful late career gem for Stones music fans

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-06 06:59 by IGTBA.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 8, 2024 13:45

I love everything about this track, and did from the very first listen. The sloping Stones swagger, a majestic roll, and in 2023! Amazing. And the beautiful Glimmer Twins harmonies just give me the feels every time.

Posted by: Tantekäthe ()
Date: January 10, 2024 19:27

Not much finesse in there but a smooth listen, easily a 6/10. Would be even 7/10 for me without the distractions (TD clone intro and, indeed, the "canned" background vox bits near the end)

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: January 10, 2024 19:49

What do you DMTH lovers think of Too Tight? It´s the same song. Well not really, one of them has Charlie on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-10 20:43 by dedospegajosos.

Date: January 10, 2024 20:18

dedospegajosos
What do you DMTH lovers think of Too Thight? It´s the same song. Well not really, one of them has Charlie on it.

Try Always Suffering. I don't hear the resemblance with TT.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 10, 2024 23:53

Such a great track. Hope to see it live soon.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 12, 2024 15:57

I can see the similarity, but Driving.. has much more of that classic Stones roll that is missing from Too Tight (and a lot of recent, pre-HD Stones songs, all played to click tracks I suppose)

dedospegajosos
What do you DMTH lovers think of Too Tight? It´s the same song. Well not really, one of them has Charlie on it.

Date: January 12, 2024 17:32

When I listen to this song it sounds like something I have been listening to for years.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2036
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home