Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 26 of 29
Re: Sweet Sounds of Heaven - Track Talk
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 12, 2023 10:42

gotdablouse
A bit of an easter egg, no ;-)

Exactly, so far, one of the things I like of what I have heard of and inferred by what I read on HD is that the super-guests are not on the front but musicians in the studio. Not even SSOH you can call it a proper "duet" between Mick and Gaga, she has the spotlight in the song of course but basically she works as apecial background vocals. I like that. So to hear the voice of Wonder emerge from the mix in that particular moment of crescendo of the song is really sweet, it gives you more and more the feel of the studio. bravo Stones smileys with beer

now that you make me think of it, this is probably the reason why Mick have felt the need to "call them" in the songs: "Play me something Stevie" and apparently something on the similar tone in BMHO before McCartney bass solo. Wonder if there is a similar spot for Elton and Bill in LBTS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-12 10:50 by maumau.

Date: October 12, 2023 10:58

maumau
Actually I think that moment is the only one where he is (to my ears) perfectly audible. It is one of the many highlights of the song imo, love that

You can hear his piano quite a lot of places in the song. The moog, however, is especially audible after the «false» ending.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 12, 2023 12:03

DandelionPowderman
maumau
Actually I think that moment is the only one where he is (to my ears) perfectly audible. It is one of the many highlights of the song imo, love that

You can hear his piano quite a lot of places in the song. The moog, however, is especially audible after the «false» ending.

Oh yes of course, I was referring to the voice

Date: October 12, 2023 12:53

maumau
DandelionPowderman
maumau

Oh yes of course, I was referring to the voice

Ah, gotcha smiling smiley

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: October 12, 2023 17:10

is it already known which version will be on the CD single and on the vinyl one ? or same , the short one, on both ?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 12, 2023 18:15

Dorn

is it already known which version will be on the CD single and on the vinyl one ? or same , the short one, on both ?

There's unfortunately no runtime printed on the CD-Single - see the pictures here: [www.eBay.co.uk] .

The Japanese CD-Single (UICY-5139) has both song versions due to the Japanese bonus track - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-12 18:40 by Irix.

Date: October 12, 2023 18:35

Irix
Dorn

There's unfortunately no runtime printed on the CD-Single - see the pictures here: [www.eBay.co.uk] .

The Japanese CD-Single (UICY-5139) has both song versions due to the Japanese bonus track - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

tks
so it´s a wonderbag .....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 12, 2023 19:12

This thread is linked up from the track listing of the main HD pages, see HD links on the IORR home page, as well as most other IORR page headers.

Hackney
Diamonds

Bjornulf

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 13, 2023 17:18

Irix
Dorn

I was just coming here to post that there was a Radio Edit bonus track on the Japanese CD Single, but I should have known you'd be right on top things, Irix!! smileys with beer

Date: October 13, 2023 17:30

VoodooLounge13

there was a Radio Edit bonus track on the Japanese CD Single

The entire runtime of the Japanese single (SHM-CD) is 12m:29s - [Tower.jp] . When the album version is 7m:22s then the Edit version should be 5m:07s - which would be the same as the digitally released single.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: October 13, 2023 17:34

Dorn

The german one track cd single is 7.25 (long version). The 10 inch vinyl single will be the same, I can check this in a few hours.

Date: October 13, 2023 17:40

The CD-inlet of the SSOH single again says Andrew Watt on Bass (like before) - [iorr.org] - but the digital release says Keith on Bass - [iorr.org] .

10" Vinyl:

[www.Kleinanzeigen.de]

More pictures of the single - [www.45worlds.com] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-14 15:40 by Irix.

Date: October 13, 2023 19:56

BlueTurns2Grey
Dorn

The german one track cd single is 7.25 (long version). The 10 inch vinyl single will be the same, I can check this in a few hours.

tks for the info
so the edited version only for downloading (and of course as bonus for the sushi folks)

Date: October 13, 2023 20:58

Dorn
BlueTurns2Grey
Dorn

tks for the info
so the edited version only for downloading (and of course as bonus for the sushi folks)

Yes that's right. I would have enjoyed the edit version on the cd single. The length of the 10" vinyl is also 7.25, I checked it a minute ago.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 13, 2023 21:50

BlueTurns2Grey
Dorn
BlueTurns2Grey
Dorn

tks for the info

Yes that's right. I would have enjoyed the edit version on the cd single. The length of the 10" vinyl is also 7.25, I checked it a minute ago.

So order up the Japanese version - I strive to have all variants of all songs on CD. That has been my main form of collecting since day 1. Don't need every version of a single; just the ones that give me all the missing songs/versions I need for the collection.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 14, 2023 03:48

Listened again.

Still perfect.

Date: October 14, 2023 07:07

VoodooLounge13

So order up the Japanese version - I strive to have all variants of all songs on CD. That has been my main form of collecting since day 1. Don't need every version of a single; just the ones that give me all the missing songs/versions I need for the collection.

I agree with you and also don't need every issue, as long as I have every version. In this case I was glad to get vinyl to hear a fantastic SSOH in an ordinary unbrickwalled mix. We're lucky to have so many choices in these days and all can get what we need.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 14, 2023 11:09

Irix
The CD-inlet of the SSOH single again says Andrew Watt on Bass (like before) - [iorr.org] - but the digital release says Keith on Bass - [iorr.org] .

10" Vinyl:

[www.Kleinanzeigen.de]

Thanks for compiling this. Matt is back on the Hammond too! Surely these are the proper credits vs those on YT.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: October 14, 2023 15:44

Bringing this thread back to the song itself, I'm starting to develop a very strange, two-part conclusion about SSOH.

#1 - SSOH is their greatest song ever.
Or it is, at least, their grandest and most soul-stirring and uber-epically-amazing recording ever. (Is there anyone, even on this board, who hears it and is not stirred by it? I doubt that!)

#2 - It is flawed. Like they are. Like we all are.

Drew

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 15, 2023 11:32

Can't say I'm interested in the charts but I just bumped into this article and apparently it is charting [www.forbes.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 15, 2023 13:54

drewmaster
Bringing this thread back to the song itself, I'm starting to develop a very strange, two-part conclusion about SSOH.

#1 - SSOH is their greatest song ever.
Or it is, at least, their grandest and most soul-stirring and uber-epically-amazing recording ever. (Is there anyone, even on this board, who hears it and is not stirred by it? I doubt that!)

#2 - It is flawed. Like they are. Like we all are.

Drew

It’s not their greatest song ever, but it is a VERY good song.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: October 17, 2023 12:17

The Japanese CD Single is released on November 24 ? Why so late?

Date: October 17, 2023 12:50

wiredallnight

The Japanese CD Single is released on November 24 ?

'Angry' was physically released in Japan on 13-Oct-2023 and in the United States on 20-Oct-2023 - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .

Date: October 21, 2023 12:45

After the physical release, 'Sweet Sounds of Heaven' was at #84 in the German Single Top-100 charts on 20-Oct-2023 - [www.OffizielleCharts.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-25 18:40 by Irix.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: October 21, 2023 14:04

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 21, 2023 14:39

HardRiffin
[youtu.be]

smileys with beer

Awesome.

Date: October 21, 2023 15:10

HardRiffin

[youtu.be]

Racket Club, NYC, Oct. 19, 2023

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 21, 2023 16:42

Great tune! Best along with Angry, Live By The Sword and Mess It Up.

Maybe someone has already mentioned it but y'all surely aware this is I Got Dreams To Remember from the leaked stuff we got 2 years ago?

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 21, 2023 16:50

This song is also showing the boys' quality control is working flawless as I Got Dreams To Remember is the one song I kept keeping in my head from the leaked stuff 2021.
Although a lot of it was great but that is the one I kept humming.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 21, 2023 16:59

I'm not wild for it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 26 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home