Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 22
Re: ANGRY - new Stones single and video
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 14, 2023 03:55

Yeah, how stupid I 've been. I' ve been thinking that how cool it has been that Mick has have had this social commentary role lately: "Get A Grip", "England Lost", "Ghost Town", Easy Sleezy", and "Anger", disappointly for me, was just back to normal 'can I shag you' stuff. But shit, Mick is here now commenting much more difficult and deeper issue, especially for him, than in those other songs. That of how to deal with one's history - our history and ideas of fun - that is lately turned out to an item to blame by many means.

The billboards on the video are like living reminders or testimonies of 'see, this hot hot we once we were, like everybody at the time, don't blame us'. The sexy lady on a car giving us the same impression, and very strongly.

Don't Get Angry With Me... So damn clever.. No real apologies, but still admitting, yeah, we did wrong...

And the final of scene of them, showing them old, frail, but still ironical... Been there, done that..

This is fantastic, people. We are witnessing history.

- Doxa

Posted by: voodoodrew ()
Date: September 14, 2023 03:57

Wow Doxa - hadn’t thought about the song that way but think you might be right. Makes me like it more

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 14, 2023 06:12

There is a great little repeating guitar motif buried underneath the last 30 seconds of Angry. It sounds like something Keith would have come up with 1966-67. I didn't notice it until I heard it in that reelstones thing that was posted.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 14, 2023 16:17

Doxa
The billboards on the video are like living reminders or testimonies of 'see, this hot hot we once we were, like everybody at the time, don't blame us'. The sexy lady on a car giving us the same impression, and very strongly.

Don't Get Angry With Me... So damn clever.. No real apologies, but still admitting, yeah, we did wrong...

You gave me a new appreciation of the song, lyrically. That said, you lose me with "yeah, we did wrong." There is nothing in the lyrics that express that. Apart from a concession to promoters with the set list, the band (like the lyrics to the single) are unrepentant as they should be.

While all the world is worried about being judged politically incorrect, the song is the perfect two-finger salute to virtue-signaling. 'You can keep the memories, they don't have to be ashamed.' Much like the lover who stayed after straying, we either accept them as they are or walk away. It's us who walk away angry and hurt, they remain unchanged. We can either stick with the best lover we ever knew or not. It's our loss, not theirs. The song is a wonderful F.U. if we decide to become hypocrites in the face of pleasure just because society says we should.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 14, 2023 16:42

Go Rocky Dijon! Like what you said there.smileys with beer

Date: September 14, 2023 16:59

voodoodrew
Wow Doxa - hadn’t thought about the song that way but think you might be right. Makes me like it more

Totally agreed, an excellent interpretation from Doxa, makes me love it more.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 14, 2023 17:32

It's not. It's about one of Jagger's many love affairs, God knows which.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 15, 2023 03:34

This is an ANGRY post.
The two threads were merged... but I think it was good to have separate threads about the song versus the video.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 15, 2023 03:47

schillid
This is an ANGRY post.
The two threads were merged... but I think it was good to have separate threads about the song versus the video.

Don't be angry with BV

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 15, 2023 08:23

schillid
This is an ANGRY post.

It's not 1977.

The song is in the video... but the video says more (WTF?) than the song ever will because that's probably how most people will hear the song.

I'm not disagreeing with you, exactly, I get it, but it's part of the deal.

Besides, are you not surprised? A good bit of their recent videos, Ghost Town being the exception, are bizarre nostalgia trips down media lane. It started with Don't Stop.

Which is extremely lame.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 15, 2023 10:06

Today is Friday, so at some point, we'll know where Angry has entered on the U.K. chart. Will it be in the top-40?

"Angry" remixed in Dolby Atmos
Posted by: jobt ()
Date: September 13, 2023 00:05

ANGRY, first single (and opening track) from brand new studio album Hackney Diamonds, remixed in Dolby Atmos, available for streaming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-15 11:44 by bv.

Re: Hackney Diamonds remixed in Dolby Atmos
Date: September 13, 2023 00:06

Give me just a hint of what's it all about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-14 01:38 by jobt.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 13, 2023 00:35

The official Dolby Atmos version of 'Angry' can be found on streaming services, e.g. [Music.Apple.com] .

The 'Hackney Diamonds' album in Dolby Atmos is officially available on the BluRay of the boxset - [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 13, 2023 03:33

Click bait title - the album hasn’t even been released yet.

Date: September 13, 2023 07:31

How can something new be remixed when designated?

The Dolby Atmos mix is not a remix, it's a mix.

FFS, STFU. Your investment isn't gonna shine here. You won't create sales percentages to better your year end income of your investment because you spew a bunch of crap here.

You're not a Stones fan, you're just a remora.

Date: September 14, 2023 01:40

Koen

What are you going to do about it?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 14, 2023 02:03

jobt
Koen

Er, get Angry? >grinning smiley<

Date: September 14, 2023 23:13

GasLightStreet

Don't try to be funny, you're German.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 14, 2023 23:50

jobt
GasLightStreet

Be careful please.
"Please do not post offending or negative about individuals, or about IORR as a community, here on IORR, or on other sites. Segregation and negativity will not be accepted."
[iorr.org]

Date: September 15, 2023 00:08

schwonek
jobt
GasLightStreet

Be careful please.
"Please do not post offending or negative about individuals, or about IORR as a community, here on IORR, or on other sites. Segregation and negativity will not be accepted."
[iorr.org]

He's already breaking the IORR rules by trying to sell his unauthorised stuff here.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 15, 2023 00:45

jobt
Koen

Why are you quoting Ventilator Blues?

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: September 15, 2023 02:41

Good job, I like it!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 15, 2023 05:32

schwonek
Be careful please.
[iorr.org]

It was a line from the new Indiana Jones movie.

Date: September 15, 2023 08:05

jobt
GasLightStreet

Whatever I am, it's not a liar like you are: it's not a remix.

You're pollution.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 15, 2023 18:17

#34 for Angry on the UK Singles Chart, vía Radio 1.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 15, 2023 18:47

georgelicks

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Is that a good chart debut these days? Do songs still climb the charts or quickly peak? #34 seems like a really solid single debut.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 15, 2023 19:18

big4
georgelicks

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Is that a good chart debut these days? Do songs still climb the charts or quickly peak? #34 seems like a really solid single debut.

That's quite impressive for a legacy act in 2023 with a 90% streaming market.

First UK Top 40 hit was Come One at #21 on July 1963, now over 60 years later they have a new one with a new song, it's incredible actually.

Their latest UK Top 40 hit until Angry was Rain Fall Down at #33 in December 2005.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 15, 2023 19:18

Doxa
Yeah, how stupid I 've been. I' ve been thinking that how cool it has been that Mick has have had this social commentary role lately: "Get A Grip", "England Lost", "Ghost Town", Easy Sleezy", and "Anger", disappointly for me, was just back to normal 'can I shag you' stuff. But shit, Mick is here now commenting much more difficult and deeper issue, especially for him, than in those other songs. That of how to deal with one's history - our history and ideas of fun - that is lately turned out to an item to blame by many means.

And the final of scene of them, showing them old, frail, but still ironical... Been there, done that..

This is fantastic, people. We are witnessing history.

- Doxa

Sorry but i don't see this song/video as an apology for doing wrong, rather it's flaunting their magical magnetism over the decades and showing the middle finger to all the angry hypocritical losers who lay in their wake..smoking smiley

Posted by: ebalm ()
Date: September 15, 2023 19:34

So just listened to the Dolby Atmos mix via Apple Music and my Air Pod Pros.
1) Thank you for posting the info regarding the update as it is quite noticeable!

2) The Atmos mix gives all of the instruments the space and room they need to breathe. It's like you are floating in mid air and the sound is fully enveloping you. That is Atmos in general from what I have experienced.

3) All that being said, HOLY SHIT! The production really shines through here! So happy they moved on from Don Was. Cannot wait to hear more over the coming weeks.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2263
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home