Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 22
Re: ANGRY - new Stones single and video
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 10, 2023 19:59

On Fallon Ronnie stated it, and I believe in another interview thereafter too?

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: September 10, 2023 20:04

Juniorjackflash
Quite a cool review of the song by Justin Hawkins (lead singer of The Darkness).
He has a great ear for finding the note/key so quickly and was cool to see him genuinely loving the song.

Below for those who are interested!

video: [youtu.be]

Totally agree: A very entertaining video!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 10, 2023 20:50

LeonidP
Rocky Dijon
Ronnie continually stated there will be a second album from the sessions to follow...

On Fallon? Or elsewhere? All I recall on Fallon was the mention that they recorded 23 tracks, but there was never any mention of a 2nd album

[www.noise11.com]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 10, 2023 21:01

I liked that video. It's really something to get new Stones music, and it sounds right. A real treat in life.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 10, 2023 21:06

treaclefingers
LeonidP
Rocky Dijon
Ronnie continually stated there will be a second album from the sessions to follow...

On Fallon? Or elsewhere? All I recall on Fallon was the mention that they recorded 23 tracks, but there was never any mention of a 2nd album

[www.noise11.com]

Thanks!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: September 10, 2023 21:30

The harmonies remind me of Ian MacLagan's Truly, recorded with The New Barbarians on his first solo record.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 10, 2023 22:10

LeonidP

From the Fallon transcript:

MJ: "Let's set a deadline. Let's make a record and set a deadline". Keith, me and Ronnie talked it over and said, 'OK, let's make this album for Christmas and get it done by Valentine's Day'.

RW: And that's how we got two albums done (laughs).

JF: Yes, that's right.

MJ: So, like Ronnie said, we went into the studio in December, cut 23 songs in no time, finished them in January and mixed them in February. That's what it was like.

Ronnie also discussed it on the red carpet after the taping.

Date: September 10, 2023 22:23

not sure whats happening but now i am in the love stage of this song. Keeps getting better.

Date: September 10, 2023 22:26

NilsHolgersson
I think all it needs now is a remix with Dua Lipa to get to the youth

Angry is a perfect song for a duet with a female singer

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 10, 2023 23:33

Sorry if already posted

interesting article on the making of the video for Angry

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 11, 2023 00:17

thanks, maumau

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 11, 2023 00:21

Hey YEAH ...intersting stuff ...Fanks Fanks maumau

ROCKMAN

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 11, 2023 00:29

In case no one else noticed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,she could/should have painted her tongue red and white for the thumbnail of this.......

Posted by: Putty ()
Date: September 11, 2023 02:32

Just saw Lenny Kravitz singing Angry on his car on an Instagram post.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-11 02:34 by Putty.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 11, 2023 02:39

YEAH Lenny gets it ........

[www.instagram.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 11, 2023 03:15

maumau
Sorry if already posted

interesting article on the making of the video for Angry

thanks

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 11, 2023 05:07

VoodooLounge13
13MM Views I see - paused my looping for just a sec to update the totals. Not bad! Hoping to get to 20MM before too long!!! And now back to looping!

Except on YouTube, the song doesn't have the impact it needs to get a hit in both the USA and England, the market is 80% streaming on Spotify/Apple Music, 10% YouTube, 5% physical or digital sales and 5% of radio airplay.

Angry is doing well in the smallest part of the market and no hits are achieved there unless it has massive physical or digital sales, which is not the case. In Spotify or Apple Music the numbers are not even Top 300.

It has very good numbers on YouTube but they count for very little in the way the charts are made and it is almost impossible for it to appear in the UK or US Top 100.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 11, 2023 05:57

georgelicks
VoodooLounge13
13MM Views I see - paused my looping for just a sec to update the totals. Not bad! Hoping to get to 20MM before too long!!! And now back to looping!

Except on YouTube, the song doesn't have the impact it needs to get a hit in both the USA and England, the market is 80% streaming on Spotify/Apple Music, 10% YouTube, 5% physical or digital sales and 5% of radio airplay.

Angry is doing well in the smallest part of the market and no hits are achieved there unless it has massive physical or digital sales, which is not the case. In Spotify or Apple Music the numbers are not even Top 300.

It has very good numbers on YouTube but they count for very little in the way the charts are made and it is almost impossible for it to appear in the UK or US Top 100.

Wow...that's too bad. So no 'hit single' after all?

Date: September 11, 2023 08:08

treaclefingers
georgelicks
VoodooLounge13

Wow...that's too bad. So no 'hit single' after all?

You all will see it on the UK chart next Friday and US chart on Tuesday 19th, the song could make the digital charts or rock songs chart, but the chances for a Top 100 hit are almost zero without strong physical sales, without very strong Spotify/Apple Music that's it.

Date: September 11, 2023 08:33

For the record, here's Angry on the digital market, numbers updated every day:

[kworb.net]

After 5 days, Angry is Top 200 on Spotify in only 4 countries and Spotify has over 50% of the Singles chart market.

Good numbers on iTunes are nothing in 2023, a #1 song on UK iTunes sell less than 1000 copies in a week and only a bit better in the US, no one buy tracks anymore.

Ghost Town had way better numbers on iTunes (#1 during 4-5 days) and in streaming services (Top 200 on Spotify UK/US during 3 days) and it only charted at #63 in the UK and #106 in the US.

Sadly, that's how the market works today.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 11, 2023 08:49

georgelicks

[kworb.net]

After 5 days, Angry is Top 200 on Spotify in only 4 countries and Spotify has over 50% of the Singles chart market.

Good numbers on iTunes are nothing in 2023, a #1 song on UK iTunes sell less than 1000 copies in a week and only a bit better in the US, no one buy tracks anymore.

Ghost Town had way better numbers on iTunes (#1 during 4-5 days) and in streaming services (Top 200 on Spotify UK/US during 3 days) and it only charted at #63 in the UK and #106 in the US.

yes. I have been posting a lot on its progress in the last couple of days. Streamning is not really on the level one would expect after its first good run on YT (which have slowed downed considerably in the last 48 - that though was expected). As I have been saying before: one need to consider the "low" streaming numbers a bit, a sign on that the younger generation don't really get exposed to The Rolling Stones atm.

If we look upon monthly listeners (Stones is right now at its peak on almost 26 m) they are behind Bee Gees, ABBA, Queen, The Police, Elton John, Beatles, AC/DC, Creedence (that is btw having a steady top 200 stream in "Have you even seen the rain"), Guns N' Roses, Fleetwood Mac etc. Many of these artists have had a latter day revivial.

I am hoping though that the new album with guests etc. will spark an interest into the Stones catalogue and the new music.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 11, 2023 11:32

[www.bigissue.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 11, 2023 11:40

Maybe the can't win on the streaming market with a single but for sure the album will sell great and with all the physical copies that Stones fans buy they might have a good change at reaching no. 1 in the album category

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: September 11, 2023 12:02

Doxa
Being a hardcore fan of this band means that one dislikes 'war horses' and leading singles of the albums. Those are just meant for ignorant casual fans. For true hardcore fans and their educated ears the true greatness of the Rolling Stones lies in somewhere else, in deep cuts and loose studio out-takes from bootlegs.

But no need to worry yet. There probably is a new "Slave" or "Pretty Beat Up" somewhere there on the new album.

- Doxa

Slave is, of course, awesome - I thought it was just me who loved Pretty Beat up!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 11, 2023 12:42

tiffanyblu
georgelicks

[kworb.net]

yes. I have been posting a lot on its progress in the last couple of days. Streamning is not really on the level one would expect after its first good run on YT (which have slowed downed considerably in the last 48 - that though was expected). As I have been saying before: one need to consider the "low" streaming numbers a bit, a sign on that the younger generation don't really get exposed to The Rolling Stones atm.

If we look upon monthly listeners (Stones is right now at its peak on almost 26 m) they are behind Bee Gees, ABBA, Queen, The Police, Elton John, Beatles, AC/DC, Creedence (that is btw having a steady top 200 stream in "Have you even seen the rain"), Guns N' Roses, Fleetwood Mac etc. Many of these artists have had a latter day revivial.

I am hoping though that the new album with guests etc. will spark an interest into the Stones catalogue and the new music.

On spotify, no Stones track has yet passed the 1 billion listener mark. But this will soon be true for Paint In Black,

This is the case for Queen (4!), AC/DC (3), Metallica (2), The Beatles (1, Here Comes The Sun), David Bowie (1, Under Pressure).

Start me Up is at 542 million, being the group's last worldwide hit, I would have said much more.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: September 11, 2023 13:47

powerage78
tiffanyblu
georgelicks

[kworb.net]

On spotify, no Stones track has yet passed the 1 billion listener mark. But this will soon be true for Paint In Black,

This is the case for Queen (4!), AC/DC (3), Metallica (2), The Beatles (1, Here Comes The Sun), David Bowie (1, Under Pressure).

Start me Up is at 542 million, being the group's last worldwide hit, I would have said much more.

Yep. We need a revivial so the youngsters and the curators put them on their playlists!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 11, 2023 14:48

How much does the artist or/and record company earn per Spotify spin? I imagine one billion listenings would add up to something...

Date: September 11, 2023 15:08

Stoneage
How much does the artist or/and record company earn per Spotify spin? I imagine one billion listenings would add up to something...

between $0.003 - $0.005 is the total payout per stream... then split etc.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 11, 2023 15:34

I am traveling for business and needed to shut down my YT yday. I am now back up and looping again, but man this is really depressing for the figures. I am still going to continue looping nonetheless! Would love to get it 20MM!!!! I've yet to order my 2 copies of Angry (CD, 7, 10"), as I need to see what my expenses look like this week. Car repairs are going to be in the $1000's. The blue vinyl/slipmat being sold out of the album version was actually a blessing in disguise, as it caused me to go back and look at what I was getting, and reconsider what I really needed vs. wanted.

Date: September 11, 2023 16:25

StonedRambler
Maybe the can't win on the streaming market with a single but for sure the album will sell great and with all the physical copies that Stones fans buy they might have a good change at reaching no. 1 in the album category

That's another story, on the album chart they do have #1 options since physical sales will be strong and there doesn't seem to be as much competition on that date (Oct. 20) although we have to see how the albums released until that date continue, there are several released months ago that with streaming alone are over 100k units every week.

That's where the Stones have to aim, to try to get as many copies as they can during these 40 days of pre-sales and during the first week, release more versions of the album with bonus tracks, different covers, everything they can.

Angry worked well as an advertising element, and targeting to the only place that could generate impact, a good video with a well-known actress, that's why they released the song on a Wednesday and not a Friday, which is the day that all the artists who want and compete in the singles chart release their new songs, the Stones have no chance there, the physical single will sell a few hundred copies that will not move the final number since it takes millions of streaming on Spotify to enter the Top 100 or thousands of physical copies as many K-Pop artists do.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1664
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home