Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127...LastNext
Current Page: 122 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: Idorh ()
Date: October 11, 2023 23:33

HouseBoyKnows
I just got an email from Amazon US that my order for the HD CD will not be delivered until Nov 27th. WTF? Anybody else have this problem? Is demand so great that they cannot build enough inventory in time for Oct 20??

HBK

You ordered this
Hackney Diamonds (Jewelcase CD) Hackney Diamonds (Jewelcase CD)

Scheduled shipping date: Thursday, 10/19/2023

Please note: this product has not yet been released.

€16.99

Subtotal €16.99
Letterbox package €3.95
Total excl. tax € 17.30
VAT €3.64
Total €20.94

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 11, 2023 23:41

keefgotsoul
maumau
on a side note (but not so aside): I hope all the posters that got banned recently are back in time to share views and reviews of the new album

Why were people banned?

after two songs of HD leaked I believe. actually I don't know how the story went. Surely I miss some voices, that of Hairball for sure

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: October 11, 2023 23:43

Idorh
HouseBoyKnows
I just got an email from Amazon US that my order for the HD CD will not be delivered until Nov 27th. WTF? Anybody else have this problem? Is demand so great that they cannot build enough inventory in time for Oct 20??

HBK

You ordered this
Hackney Diamonds (Jewelcase CD) Hackney Diamonds (Jewelcase CD)

Scheduled shipping date: Thursday, 10/19/2023

Please note: this product has not yet been released.

€16.99

Subtotal €16.99
Letterbox package €3.95
Total excl. tax € 17.30
VAT €3.64
Total €20.94

Yep. That's it. Very strange. I ordered it back in September and was then given a delivery date of Oct 20. I might have to go to an actual record shop.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 12, 2023 01:33

marquess
VoodooLounge13
Am I the only one on here who hasn't read any of the reviews? Still haven't listened to SSOH because I don't want to detract from my enjoyment of the album in its entirety as a listening experience. I don't want to read lyrics or others' opinions and be swayed - pun intended.

I will not read any reviews of the album, before I actually listen to the LP at home next friday October 20th. I want to listen to the album without any eventually pre conceived idea.

Nevertheless, I have listened to SSOH about 1000 times !

:-)

LOL but you already have a conceived idea!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 12, 2023 02:25

sorry if this has already been posted

here's an interview with paulina almira the artist who designed the hd album art

Date: October 12, 2023 02:47

gotdablouse
bye bye johnny
DandelionPowderman
Keith Richards: Arthritis changed my guitar-playing

By Mark Savage
BBC Music Correspondent

[www.bbc.com]

Thanks for posting, DP.

Audio of the interview - [www.bbc.co.uk]

Starts at around 1 hour 43 minutes.

Short and sweet, Keith hasn't sounded as "clear" since...ever ? Contrast this to his "performance" during the 2006 video PC for the launch of the European tour and you can see why the Stones would be a lot more "functional" these days. Like Doxa wrote a few days, imagine the nightmare it was for Mick to work/deal with him at the time...

WTF!!!!????

How have I never seen that!!!??

Makes the HD Jimmy Fallon thing look like the Oscars!

They seem so out of it at first. LOL without being able to hear the questions, wow, they're so animated with each other, Mick slapping Keith, Mick's little dig at Keith, Mick's quip "Ronnie is, anyway", about them "playing better than ever", Keith doing whatever to Ronnie, the silly looks Mick gives Charlie, Mr. Information On My Right - and Charlie - as usual, groaning and HILARIOUS.

Date: October 12, 2023 03:34

GasLightStreet
gotdablouse
bye bye johnny
DandelionPowderman
Keith Richards: Arthritis changed my guitar-playing

By Mark Savage
BBC Music Correspondent

[www.bbc.com]

Thanks for posting, DP.

Audio of the interview - [www.bbc.co.uk]

Starts at around 1 hour 43 minutes.

Short and sweet, Keith hasn't sounded as "clear" since...ever ? Contrast this to his "performance" during the 2006 video PC for the launch of the European tour and you can see why the Stones would be a lot more "functional" these days. Like Doxa wrote a few days, imagine the nightmare it was for Mick to work/deal with him at the time...

WTF!!!!????

How have I never seen that!!!??

Makes the HD Jimmy Fallon thing look like the Oscars!

They seem so out of it at first. LOL without being able to hear the questions, wow, they're so animated with each other, Mick slapping Keith, Mick's little dig at Keith, Mick's quip "Ronnie is, anyway", about them "playing better than ever", Keith doing whatever to Ronnie, the silly looks Mick gives Charlie, Mr. Information On My Right - and Charlie - as usual, groaning and HILARIOUS.

dear god! where did this come fromeye popping smiley

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 12, 2023 05:18

Idorh
MKjan
Idorh
I am 76 years old, and Stones fan since 1963.
I had and brain attack 2 years ago, fortunately I have recovered well from it so far. I also enjoy life more now, I appreciate it more. It's a gift that I was able to experience this from the Rolling Stones. 80 years old and still so much energy and guitars and voice. His voice fits so much into the 60s, unbelievable, I never cared about lyrics or key G or comparison with previous songs, For me it was all about the feeling and emotion. The urge to just listen back again and again, that's the magic. Just enjoying it. And that they even almost have a 2nd album ready to go. I can't wait until the 20th.

You are a wise man.

My wife doesn't think so.

As the song goes, "Blame It on the Stones", and enjoy the 20th.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 12, 2023 07:08

ProfessorWolf

dear god! where did this come fromeye popping smiley[/quote]

Hysterical to watch this! And they still looked so young in 2006.

Posted by: gcarneiro ()
Date: October 12, 2023 09:47

Idorh
I am 76 years old, and Stones fan since 1963.
I had and brain attack 2 years ago, fortunately I have recovered well from it so far. I also enjoy life more now, I appreciate it more. It's a gift that I was able to experience this from the Rolling Stones. 80 years old and still so much energy and guitars and voice. His voice fits so much into the 60s, unbelievable, I never cared about lyrics or key G or comparison with previous songs, For me it was all about the feeling and emotion. The urge to just listen back again and again, that's the magic. Just enjoying it. And that they even almost have a 2nd album ready to go. I can't wait until the 20th.

Oh, wow! Hope you get better and better. Life is great. Full of suffering, yes, but when you weigh it all, it's still a sweet celebration of beauty and meaning. God bless you!

Date: October 12, 2023 12:00

maumau
keefgotsoul
maumau
on a side note (but not so aside): I hope all the posters that got banned recently are back in time to share views and reviews of the new album

Why were people banned?

after two songs of HD leaked I believe. actually I don't know how the story went. Surely I miss some voices, that of Hairball for sure

Hairball wasn't banned.

Date: October 12, 2023 12:28

DandelionPowderman
maumau
keefgotsoul
maumau

Why were people banned?

Hairball wasn't banned.

thanks for the info DP, it shows I missed some passages here.

Anyway, then hope he's well and to read his take on HD if he wants to share

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 12, 2023 13:38

DandelionPowderman
maumau
keefgotsoul
maumau

Why were people banned?

Hairball wasn't banned.

Hope so! I'm waiting for his comments on DSOTM Redux!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 12, 2023 15:14

Over the past 4-5 weeks I closed posting access ("banned") a total of four - 4 - user names here on IORR, due to breaking rules about posting related to illegal distributed tracks. There are tens of thousands of IORR users with posting access, and millions of users as guests here. Of all these, 99.99% are still able to post, naturally.

IORR does not have a large team of moderators and administrators. It is basically me, just me, plus the help of other fans of course, who point out issues to be taken care of.

Starting discussions about, or asking for, or offering, tracks being illegally distributed, will never be accepted. IORR is not a jungle, it is not some sort of "no rules" place. The posting access is a privelege, most users post with no problems.

Anyone who have lost posting access may send me an e-mail with an apology, simple as that, then I would normally open up posting access, unless there has been a serious and repeated offence going on.

There is now one week and one day until the new album is out. I would like to thank everyone posting here on IORR, for respecting the basic posting rules. It's Only Rock'n'Roll!

Bjornulf

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 12, 2023 15:34

BV,

We never say it enough around here, but I for one TRULY appreciate all of the time, effort, and energy that you expend on this website, allowing lovers of all things Rolling Stones from all over the world to have a place to come and gather and celebrate together. And even share life experiences. For me personally, I have enjoyed my time here perhaps 90-92% of the time (there have been some times where some have been negative and I've just chosen to quietly stay away for awhile), but overall this is a great place to meet. There are several on here whose comments I always look forward to. So, thank-you BV, for making this place possible.

This place would be empty without you!!!

VL13

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 12, 2023 17:03

maumau
...I miss some voices, that of Hairball for sure

I can summarize his review ... he'll start w/ 4 out of 5, then have doubts about the review, thinking he comes off as a fanboy and/or not perceived as a music aficionado, and then lower it to a 3 or a 2. smiling smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 12, 2023 17:52

EXCLUSIVE! MICK JAGGER, KEITH RICHARDS and Ronnie Wood talk the past, present and future of The Rolling Stones. Hackney Diamonds, pop and blues, the band and the establishment, Bill and Charlie (did he really punch Mick?) and more. 

As they deliver their first album of new songs in 18 years, MOJO grills the Stones about the myths and reality of life inside The World’s Greatest Rock’n’Roll Band, Charlie, Hoagy, elder statesmanship and a search for “the soul of the Rolling Stones.”

[www.mojo4music.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 12, 2023 19:05

bye bye johnny
Audacy broadcast and internet radio platform will air a Mick interview tomorrow, October 12 at 12PM ET.

Join us for an Audacy Check In with The Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger

Thursday, October 12 at 12PM ET / 9AM PT

[www.audacy.com]

Mick talks to Audacy's Remy Maxwell:

[omny.fm]

Date: October 12, 2023 21:54

bye bye johnny
bye bye johnny
Audacy broadcast and internet radio platform will air a Mick interview tomorrow, October 12 at 12PM ET.

[www.audacy.com]

[omny.fm]

thanks

here's the audio for those that want it

we

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 12, 2023 23:16

Cristiano Radtke

EXCLUSIVE! MICK JAGGER, KEITH RICHARDS and Ronnie Wood talk the past, present and future of The Rolling Stones. Hackney Diamonds, pop and blues, the band and the establishment, Bill and Charlie (did he really punch Mick?) and more. 

As they deliver their first album of new songs in 18 years, MOJO grills the Stones about the myths and reality of life inside The World’s Greatest Rock’n’Roll Band, Charlie, Hoagy, elder statesmanship and a search for “the soul of the Rolling Stones.”

[www.mojo4music.com]

That should be a good read, Micks looks like he did in 1982 ! WTF !!!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 13, 2023 03:36

ProfessorWolf
bye bye johnny
bye bye johnny

[www.audacy.com]

[omny.fm]

thanks

here's the audio for those that want it

we

Although there is a lot of the same being spread around each time someone says something, which we know hasn't been any different for decades, there seems to be a different edge to HACKNEY DIAMONDS compared to all previous - it's relaxed.

Reviewers can say whatever, best since SOME GIRLS. OK. I appreciate their enthusiasm. And they've heard it way before any of us fans have.

That's normal.

What they're saying has been said how many times before? But usually it's the overblown 'best since' STICKY FINGERS/EXILE... but it's been more specific this go around.

Ok.

They've mostly been sticking to SOME GIRLS.

That says something different. SG has a particular tenacity about it above any other Stones album. SG has absolutely been on its own as long as I can recall.

There's the Big 4 and then there's SOME GIRLS. Of course TATTOO YOU is part of the picture but as a whole it really isn't, it just fits.

SOUP gets a squeak recently. That's great. It really is a magnificent album. But it's not in the Big 4+2 so far. It is for me, but that's me, and I also include UNDERCOVER in that realm (yeah yeah).

I've always looked forward to a new Stones album as far back as I can recall, when I was a young teenager, which started with UNDERCOVER, yet prior to that I caught some of the hype of TATTOO YOU but didn't understand, other than Start Me Up being a huge song. With U I kinda knew what was up: new Stones.

Loved it!

I think of someone like VoodooLounge13 and how that is an entirely difference perception to mine... but, LOL, by only 3 (studio) albums!!!

But here we are, all fans. And the Stones keep Rolling.

It's absolutely brilliant.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 13, 2023 04:06

Wow. I am humbled by the shout-out GSL. Thank-you kindly!!! Esp, knowing we haven't always seen eye to eye. I absolutely love GHS, and to me it belongs on equal footing with what is usually regarded as the Big 4 - I call it the 4.5. Still trying to come up with my Top 5 albums and songs for that thread, but GHS is easily slotted into the 3-hole.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 13, 2023 06:34

30 plus seconds from each, Tell Me Straight and Live by The Sword from the Howard Stern radio shows:

[we.tl]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 13, 2023 07:24

smoking smiley

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: October 13, 2023 09:02

I'm in love with "Tell Me Straight"! It seems a song from "Talk Is Cheap" sessions.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 13, 2023 09:06

The Rolling Stones today announce an exclusive collaboration with KidSuper – the creative collection founded by artist and designer, Colm Dillane. 

[www.totallicensing.com]

Date: October 13, 2023 11:28

Undercover was my first "new" album too, after having consumed Still Life on the plate for a year, and though it did not immediately click on me it has grown hugely through the years and there are many tracks in there that are must have in any Stones playlist for me: Too Much Blood, Pretty Beat Up, Pain of Love, Feel on baby

PS
Thanks Georgelicks for the snippets
I want to keep quiet until I listen properly to the whole thing, but the vibes are good

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-13 11:30 by maumau.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 13, 2023 11:35

georgelicks
30 plus seconds from each, Tell Me Straight and Live by The Sword from the Howard Stern radio shows:

[we.tl]

Thanks, I hadn't heard TMS yet, it's promising, that Watt sound treatment is there again with the ringing guitars. Not the clean safe retro style that has plagued Stones albums too often since DW, except on parts of B2B.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 13, 2023 11:35

Tell me straight...wow...just one week to go...smiling smiley

Posted by: Jackda ()
Date: October 13, 2023 12:04

Bjorn
Tell me straight...wow...just one week to go...smiling smiley

F..ck that's better than anything else we heard from the album...eye popping smiley
Only few seconds, frustration overwhelmed me.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127...LastNext
Current Page: 122 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home