Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...96979899100101102103104105106...LastNext
Current Page: 101 of 138
Re: Canadian exclusive interview Mick Jagger Monday Sept 18
Date: September 19, 2023 11:48

keefriffhards
bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman
Taylor1
So the guitar playing the great riff on Angry is Mick.And who did Mick mix the album with?

Keith in the left channel, Mick in the right channel. They are both playing the riff.

These are ALL the guitar parts of the song

[youtu.be]

Thanks, fascinating, basic stuff but it works really well, am i right in thinking not much from Ronnie in there.

Ronnie is bottom right. Some licks and rhythm.

Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 19, 2023 12:07

Great video, not sure why he didn't put the names of the player, I don't think there's much doubt about who's playing what.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 19, 2023 12:08

This will be interesting. When you sit in your sofa, listening to the new album, you will have Keith to the left - Ronnie to the right. For the first time, thanks to mr Watt. How can I go on??? (Like Elaine said when Kramer had seen her naked...)

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 19, 2023 12:16

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhards
bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman
Taylor1
So the guitar playing the great riff on Angry is Mick.And who did Mick mix the album with?

Keith in the left channel, Mick in the right channel. They are both playing the riff.

[youtu.be]

Thanks, fascinating, basic stuff but it works really well, am i right in thinking not much from Ronnie in there.

Ronnie is bottom right. Some licks and rhythm.

thumbs up

Date: September 19, 2023 13:24

Bjorn
This will be interesting. When you sit in your sofa, listening to the new album, you will have Keith to the left - Ronnie to the right. For the first time, thanks to mr Watt. How can I go on??? (Like Elaine said when Kramer had seen her naked...)

It's not the first time on studio albums smiling smiley

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 19, 2023 14:44

bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman
Taylor1

[youtu.be]

Great stuff. Keith is definitely doing capo 7 Midnight Rambler/Out of Control things, and you nailed it.

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: September 19, 2023 14:52

I enjoyed the interview with Mick on Q (which is a generally solid program, btw).
Tom Power is a good interviewer and I feel like with some of his poorer phrasing of questions we were seeing a guy who was both nervous and who was maybe trying to present things in a way that Mick hadn't heard 10,000 times. It may not have always worked perfectly but I commend him for trying.

As far as not getting a ton of info on the new record goes, I think we all have to remember that, similar to a Stones concert, this interview is primarily going out to casual fans or folks who aren't even fans and are going to have a superficial knowledge of Mick and the Stones. I was impressed that they played Angry all the way through (since the latter jammy half is essential to the experience) as they will often fade a song out for the sake of time. Perhaps this was mandated by the Stones camp but it was great nonetheless.

Date: September 19, 2023 15:00

DandelionPowderman - still, it feels kinda strange. The power MUST come from the right. Right? Brown Sugar? Kinks One for the road. Black Sabbath. My brain is brought up that way. It´s like reading to me - there you go left...and to the right. Well, guess I´m gonna love this record anyway. Cool. cool smileysmiling smiley

Date: September 19, 2023 15:17

Bjorn
DandelionPowderman - still, it feels kinda strange. The power MUST come from the right. Right? Brown Sugar? Kinks One for the road. Black Sabbath. My brain is brought up that way. It´s like reading to me - there you go left...and to the right. Well, guess I´m gonna love this record anyway. Cool. cool smileysmiling smiley

I'm with you on that, something felt strange/different, Keith on the left, as much as Angry is working to my ears I'm hoping the rest of the album isn't Mick solo recordings with Keith and Ronnie on Guitar.
Last few Stones albums have sounded one sided to my ears.

We're it not for Crosseyed Heart i would have thought Keith has given it up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-19 15:19 by keefriffhards.

Date: September 19, 2023 15:50

Bjorn

You must have reacted strongly when this one came out smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 19, 2023 15:50

Did you mention Brown Sugar, Björn? winking smiley

On a serious note, when I hear live songs, and Keith is in the left channel (like the error on Live In Tokyo), I struggle to listen as well.

On studio albums there are overdubs etc, so it doesn't bother me as much.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-19 15:58 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 19, 2023 15:51

Heavy coverage of the interview, the song and the album on CBC all morning. I’m marvelling at the longevity of the band and the quality of the new material. By comparison, in 1962 would we be listening to new material from a band that started in 1900 and eagerly waiting for more? Never before and, I expect, never again. Damn, guys! smileys with beer

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 19, 2023 16:01

Well, hell, STG, when ya put it that way, it truly IS a marvel! drinking smiley

Date: September 19, 2023 16:24

Oh, shit. DandelionPowderman - You are right. I guess I´m proven wrong. "But apart from THAT, what have the romans ever done for us?"You really got me there! cool smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: September 19, 2023 17:11

i didnt notice, playing most things with mono-settings smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 19, 2023 17:25

MelBelli
bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman
Taylor1

[youtu.be]

Great stuff. Keith is definitely doing capo 7 Midnight Rambler/Out of Control things, and you nailed it.

What is Keith playing on those fuzztone riffs near the fade? I love those. To me it sounds like something from 1966-67 era. Very cool sounding.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 19, 2023 17:46

keefriffhards
Bjorn

I'm with you on that, something felt strange/different, Keith on the left, as much as Angry is working to my ears I'm hoping the rest of the album isn't Mick solo recordings with Keith and Ronnie on Guitar.

Were it not for Crosseyed Heart i would have thought Keith has given it up.

I think most of us thought that.

Under the theory that CH was a deposit of old ideas finally coming to light, maybe some still do.

The single biggest stumbling block to a new album getting finished was Keith not wanting to get rolled again. Maybe Mick simply ran out the clock and got his way in the end.

I’m hopeful, though. Of the three tracks we’ve heard, Angry and DoY are Mick. But Get Close bears some Keith fingerprints. Driving Me Too Hard was purported to have been finished recently by both of them. I’m going to guess that Bite My Head Off and Sweet Sounds of Heaven are all Mick. Obviously Keith is the driver of Tell Me Straight. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wrote the two tracks with Charlie on them. We’ll have to wait on Dreamy Skies.

We’re at least in the neighborhood of a 50/50 affair.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-19 17:47 by MelBelli.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: September 19, 2023 18:16

Are there any hints about when Sweet Sounds Of Heaven will be published?

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 19, 2023 18:18

Isn’t Keith on the left channel for songs like Bitch, Angie, Dead Flowers, Silver Train.Although I really like what I have heard from the new album, the mix on Angry sounds like a Mick solo album.The vocals are way up and the great guitars are a little muddy.It sounds likeKeith wasn’t involved mixing it .

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 19, 2023 18:55

GetYerAngie

I think Irix had an idea before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-19 18:56 by Topi.

Posted by: ARB ()
Date: September 19, 2023 19:50

Topi
GetYerAngie

I would think this week and a third and final single two weeks from now. Feed the publicity machine.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 19, 2023 19:55

This week would be amazing, but I see no teasers. I'm hungry for it anyway

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 19, 2023 20:00

Topi

It was just a guess - [iorr.org] .

Date: September 19, 2023 20:26

MelBelli
keefriffhards
Bjorn

Under the theory that CH was a deposit of old ideas finally coming to light, maybe some still do.

The single biggest stumbling block to a new album getting finished was Keith not wanting to get rolled again. Maybe Mick simply ran out the clock and got his way in the end.

I’m hopeful, though. Of the three tracks we’ve heard, Angry and DoY are Mick. But Get Close bears some Keith fingerprints. Driving Me Too Hard was purported to have been finished recently by both of them. I’m going to guess that Bite My Head Off and Sweet Sounds of Heaven are all Mick. Obviously Keith is the driver of Tell Me Straight. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wrote the two tracks with Charlie on them. We’ll have to wait on Dreamy Skies.

Hopefully you have it right there, sounds about right to me.

It saddens me that for decades now that Keith either willingly gives the rains to Mick or just gives in.
A bit like a marriage, in the end no matter how dominant they both were one usually gives in to the other in age.
I've long thought with Mick it's a case of my way or the highway.

Let's face it Keith has always been the more talented one creatively as far as songwriting goes, perhaps what let's Keith down is his unwillingness to conquer technology, I mean he always leaves the mixing to Mick, to my mind that's allowing Mick to turn their efforts into a Mick solo album.

Never mind perhaps after this we might get one more solo album from the Keith & Ronnie.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: September 19, 2023 20:27

It would make sense this or next week… let’s see.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 19, 2023 20:49

keefriffhards
MelBelli
keefriffhards
Bjorn

It saddens me that for decades now that Keith either willingly gives the rains to Mick or just gives in.
A bit like a marriage, in the end no matter how dominant they both were one usually gives in to the other in age.

Let's face it Keith has always been the more talented one creatively as far as songwriting goes, perhaps what let's Keith down is his unwillingness to conquer technology, I mean he always leaves the mixing to Mick, to my mind that's allowing Mick to turn their efforts into a Mick solo album.

Never mind perhaps after this we might get one more solo album from the Keith & Ronnie.

I also think that thank god that one of them is driving. Otherwise we might not have this album. I think it sounds better than for a really long time.

One of the main battles might also be how to win the younger generation

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 19, 2023 20:58

Irix
Topi

It was just a guess - [iorr.org] .

Guesses can sometimes be good ones.

Date: September 19, 2023 21:28

tiffanyblu
keefriffhards
MelBelli
keefriffhards
Bjorn

I also think that thank god that one of them is driving. Otherwise we might not have this album. I think it sounds better than for a really long time.

One of the main battles might also be how to win the younger generation

You win the younger generation the way they have been winning them over for 60 years, with good varied quality music that appeals to most people, I've always thought the best Stones albums have something for everyone on them.

My first Stones album when i was 17 was Tattoo You, it won me over instantly, wasn't geared towards young people of its time, it was just a magnificent album with depth and emotion, it was Mick and Keith doing what they do and i think back then they wrote to please themselves not young people.
Those songs are the reason young people go to see them live, not because they are doing a song with Lady Gaga, who gives a @#$%&.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-19 21:37 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: September 19, 2023 23:20

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 19, 2023 23:45

stones2

[tg24.sky.it]

"Mick Jagger in Syracuse, dinner at a restaurant in Ortigia

19 Sep 2023 - 18:29

Mick Jagger's love for Sicily is neither a mystery nor a novelty. The rock star, frontman of the Rolling Stones, has such a strong bond with the largest of the Italian islands that he has bought a house in Portopalo and often spends holiday periods there to decompress from work-related stress. So, a few weeks after the announcement of his band's new studio album, Hackney Diamonds, Jagger decided to return to his place of the soul, stopping in Syracuse. The rocker was on 18 September among the customers of a restaurant in Ortigia, in the historic centre of Syracuse, to dine. Again, this was nothing new, since Jagger frequents the restaurant regularly, as explained by owner Giovanni Guarneri, who shared a photo with the musician on his Instagram profile, writing: 'I've always thought that coming back to a restaurant is the greatest compliment; if then the customer remembers the dishes and wants to try them again it's wonderful, and if finally it's one of the greatest ever taking a photo with you, smiling, what can I say. Thank you Mick Jagger. It was an honour and a pleasure'."

See also: [www.DirettaSicilia.it] . For those interested: [www.RistoranteDonCamilloSiracusa.it] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-20 01:10 by Irix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...96979899100101102103104105106...LastNext
Current Page: 101 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2690
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home