Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...919293949596979899100101...LastNext
Current Page: 96 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 15, 2023 20:32

Wild Slivovitz
LorenzAgain

This is absolutely a must-read, together with the NYT piece. Fantastic story and info on how the tracks developed, can’t wait to re-read while listening to the whole thing. I’m already greedy and want them to start working on the next one.

It would actually make sense to release a documentary DVD on the making of the record along with the record CD. Looks like there are lots of interesting stories behing this new album.

A documentary was mentioned shortly after the PC in Hackney!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 15, 2023 21:20

Dorn
doitywoik
Irix
doitywoik

ProfessorWolf
also wanna mention that ronnie says in according to the rolling stones that mick and keith asked him for ideas during the forty licks sessions in 2002

True, but we (or, at least I) never learned what became of it. Did they record anything then that would have been credited to Jagger/Richards/Woods? Obviously no such thing has been released on ABB or Rarities 1971–2003. Does anyone know if any "Ronnie songs" are found on the Fully Finished Outtakes?

may be some of the unreleased stuff from the 2002 Paris sessions ? (see Paris 2002 Studio Outtakes (MP-027))

i personally suspect that ronnie's had a hand in creating more then the songs he's been credited for over the last 50 years perhaps even on this album

then again in the book ronnie does make it sound like mick and keith asking him for ideas was an exceptional event

so who knows

my main point was that it seems that ronnie hasn't been entirely locked out of the creative process since the 80's

Posted by: roma1927 ()
Date: September 15, 2023 22:23

Do you think there will be some promotional dates late this year or it’s impossible? Maybe in London and New York (or Las Vegas)?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 15, 2023 22:31

roma1927
Do you think there will be some promotional dates late this year or it’s impossible? Maybe in London and New York (or Las Vegas)?

No shows this year.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 16, 2023 00:11

powerage78
PaintMonkeyManBlack
I really really like the 3 songs. Angry had to grow but is fantastic now. I love both other ones. They will be even better in better quality. It's a bit more commercial or radio friendly, but I think we are in for great, diverse, showcase album with dance, blues, rock, country, ballads etc.

Listened to ABB today and pretty sure this album will be a lot better.

Really excited!

Not a bit ! It's been obvious since Angry and its chorus.

No value judgments, and obviously everyone here is happy. And that's just fine.
Operation youthism in full swing.

They have always been a commercial pop band it is in their DNA as much as the blues and R&B. Always a great singles band!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 16, 2023 00:16

Any new magazines with The Stones on the cover yet

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 16, 2023 00:49

big4
It seems Was lost the ability to get consensus between Mick & Keith, getting them to agree on songs. Even Ghost Town in 2020 has Clifford as a co-producer a song that came from from their last sessions with Was in 2019.

Don Was has largely dialed back on producing to concentrate on running the revived Blue Note label. His downtime is spent playing bass on passion projects. He expressed his frustration being in the middle of The Glimmer Twins more than once over the years. It's quite possible that though he enjoys playing with Keith when he can, he prefers something other than producing at this stage of his career regardless of who it is. Once he didn't receive credit on GOATS HEAD SOUP and TATTOO YOU reissues, it was rather obvious he was out. He was all over EXILE, SOME GIRLS, and STICKY FINGERS reissue credits.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 16, 2023 00:57

hhhhhmmmmmmm so do ya think Don
may have actually been thee brickwall ... ?????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: September 16, 2023 04:45

Page 96 of this thread.....combined with the previous "new album" thread that was closed at page 704, we've now reached a milestone of 800 pages in total! Pretty awesome!

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: z ()
Date: September 16, 2023 12:18

gotdablouse
Wild Slivovitz
LorenzAgain

This is absolutely a must-read, together with the NYT piece. Fantastic story and info on how the tracks developed, can’t wait to re-read while listening to the whole thing. I’m already greedy and want them to start working on the next one.

It would actually make sense to release a documentary DVD on the making of the record along with the record CD. Looks like there are lots of interesting stories behing this new album.

Stones filming revealing new documentary

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 16, 2023 12:27

In your opinion HD, can Top number one in UK and Top 3 in US?!
Could it sell over 2.5K worldwide as "Blue & lonesone"?!I think that it could happens...And you?!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 16, 2023 12:31

z
gotdablouse
Wild Slivovitz

"The Rolling Stones filming revealing new documentary with firm behind The Kardashians

Simon Boyle · Updated: 22:53, 15 Sep 2023

UPCOMING album Hackney Diamonds is their first original music in 18 years and The Rolling Stones are marking the occasion in style.

I can reveal Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood are filming a new documentary showing the making of the record. I’m hoping there will be some drama in it, too, as they’ve teamed up with the firm behind The Kardashians to make it.

A source said: 'Stones fans are in for a treat as they’re not only getting a new album, but a documentary film too. The band have been working with Fulwell 73 on the production. They’re the team behind The Kardashians’ big deal with Hulu. The film will chart the band as they started working on the 12 tracks which appear on Hackney Diamonds.'

Slick production

'It will give followers an intimate and candid look at Mick, Keith and Ronnie as they work their magic in the studio, including the banter between them. There will also be nods to Charlie Watts, as this is the first record the band have made since he passed away in 2021. It includes scenes from their big Press event at the Hackney Empire too, where they premiered the video for Angry with Sydney Sweeney. It’s a very slick production and it will be amazing when it’s edited and the final cut is complete.' [....] As a big fan of the Stones, I am looking forward to seeing what goes on behind closed doors."
-- [www.TheSun.co.uk] .

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 16, 2023 13:00

A Rolling Stones reality show? Well ...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 16, 2023 13:16

Irix
z
gotdablouse
Wild Slivovitz

"The Rolling Stones filming revealing new documentary with firm behind The Kardashians

Simon Boyle · Updated: 22:53, 15 Sep 2023

UPCOMING album Hackney Diamonds is their first original music in 18 years and The Rolling Stones are marking the occasion in style.

I can reveal Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood are filming a new documentary showing the making of the record. I’m hoping there will be some drama in it, too, as they’ve teamed up with the firm behind The Kardashians to make it.

A source said: 'Stones fans are in for a treat as they’re not only getting a new album, but a documentary film too. The band have been working with Fulwell 73 on the production. They’re the team behind The Kardashians’ big deal with Hulu. The film will chart the band as they started working on the 12 tracks which appear on Hackney Diamonds.'

Slick production

'It will give followers an intimate and candid look at Mick, Keith and Ronnie as they work their magic in the studio, including the banter between them. There will also be nods to Charlie Watts, as this is the first record the band have made since he passed away in 2021. It includes scenes from their big Press event at the Hackney Empire too, where they premiered the video for Angry with Sydney Sweeney. It’s a very slick production and it will be amazing when it’s edited and the final cut is complete.' [....] As a big fan of the Stones, I am looking forward to seeing what goes on behind closed doors."
-- [www.TheSun.co.uk] .

Surely it is interesting to see the scenes the band working in the studio, although it is probably not any Godard stuff there... But still, personally, I think the most interesting story happened before those very fruitful, deadline-oriented sessions. What the hell actually happened during all those wasted years between 2015 and 2022 sessions... What kind of turns, arguments, etc.

- Doxa

Date: September 16, 2023 13:20

doitywoik

A Rolling Stones reality show?

Scripted reality winking smiley

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: September 16, 2023 14:05

Irix
doitywoik

A Rolling Stones reality show?

Scripted reality winking smiley

Looks like it...

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: September 16, 2023 14:23

I love Angry, great song!!! I can't wait to listen to the whole album.

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: September 16, 2023 14:54

I haven't see the My Life as a Rolling Stone documentaries. Are they available on any of the streaming services in Canada?

To date, my favourite Stones doc is Gimme Shelter.

One of my favourite rock docs is the 4 hour+ Runnin Down a Dream about TP & H.

Crossfire Hurricane was decent, but I felt like it could have been more than doubled in length.

What I would really love to see is a comprehensive documentary done on the Stones which would rival the scale of the Beatles Anthology or some of the multi-episode Ken Burns documentaries (Baseball, Civil War etc.)

I feel the same way about Bob Dylan who has also been the subject of many docs but none that cover his entire career all in the same place.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 16, 2023 16:12

JimmyTheSaint
I haven't see the My Life as a Rolling Stone documentaries. Are they available on any of the streaming services in Canada?

Crossfire Hurricane was decent, but I felt like it could have been more than doubled in length.

What I would really love to see is a comprehensive documentary done on the Stones which would rival the scale of the Beatles Anthology or some of the multi-episode Ken Burns documentaries (Baseball, Civil War etc.)

I feel the same way about Bob Dylan who has also been the subject of many docs but none that cover his entire career all in the same place.

My favourite is still 25x5. I learnt so much from that documentary. I must've worn the VHS out. Although it's a little out-of-date, obviously, it really does a fabulous job of chronicling their prime years. It's terrific, and, in my opinion, should still be the 'go to' for any new, younger fan, who wants to discover the group's past in the Stones' own words.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: September 16, 2023 17:19

Big Al, 25x5 is definitely one my favorites, I too still have that old VHS! Agree, a must for younger folks entering the Stones universe for the first time smileys with beer

BTW, this album is going to be an awesome renewal for the Stones enterprise I feel. From what I've heard thus far, the sonic textures and vibe is something they really focused on and crafted with a heavy purpose IMO. Can't wait to hear studio quality version of DOY!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 16, 2023 18:18

Please DO NOT use IORR for distribution of illegal copies of Stones music.

Posting access will be deleted for anyone who ask for, or offer, illegal distribution of Stones music here on IORR.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-16 18:25 by bv.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: September 16, 2023 23:22

Did bv ban everyone or what happened winking smiley

Date: September 16, 2023 23:25

Would be interesting to know what's exclusive on the 'Barnes & Noble Exclusive Digipack CD' :

[www.BarnesAndNoble.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 16, 2023 23:41

Big Al
JimmyTheSaint

My favourite is still 25x5. I learnt so much from that documentary. I must've worn the VHS out. Although it's a little out-of-date, obviously, it really does a fabulous job of chronicling their prime years. It's terrific, and, in my opinion, should still be the 'go to' for any new, younger fan, who wants to discover the group's past in the Stones' own words.

Paraphrasing Charlie's words, from my fading memory, "Five years working, 20 years hanging 'round".

A hackneyed diamond of a quote if I've ever heard one!

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: September 16, 2023 23:42

[elpais.com]

According to this article, Mick Jagger used auto tune on “Angry.”

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 16, 2023 23:56

Whale
drewmaster
So bummed that I missed the leak for "Get Close" (that's what I get for not visiting IORR for 2 days!!) But the lyrics, ohhhh baby. Soooooooo good. A hyper-concentrated dose of dark, erotic obsession. Marvelous stuff.

Unlike the cliched lyrics in "Angry". "The wolf's at the door"?? Ooof.

Drew
I couldn't resist and have heard it.
it's much nicer not to know
today I heard the CD single angry . blasted it through the house. now that was good. so much better than YouTube sound. let alone the quality of those leaked tracks. I'm really just going to wait until I get my hands on the bluray

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 17, 2023 00:25

LorenzAgain
Did bv ban everyone or what happened winking smiley

I get the fact that we're all interested in hearing the album as soon as possible, but just like Polydor and Geffen attorneys removing the leaked video from WeTransfer and YouTube, they also would come down on this site. No one needs that kind of grief, especially when the website is just a passion project and not monetized. It's no different than the rule about uploading bootlegs with material under copyright. You can't share what you don't own the rights to share. It's simply the law.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: September 17, 2023 00:38

rbarnes00
[elpais.com]

It's obvious when you're listening to the vocals on "Angry".

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: September 17, 2023 00:52

rockerparis
rbarnes00
[elpais.com]

It's obvious when you're listening to the vocals on "Angry".

I wanna know whyyyy....

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 17, 2023 01:11

Rocky Dijon
big4
It seems Was lost the ability to get consensus between Mick & Keith, getting them to agree on songs. Even Ghost Town in 2020 has Clifford as a co-producer a song that came from from their last sessions with Was in 2019.

Don Was has largely dialed back on producing to concentrate on running the revived Blue Note label. His downtime is spent playing bass on passion projects. He expressed his frustration being in the middle of The Glimmer Twins more than once over the years. It's quite possible that though he enjoys playing with Keith when he can, he prefers something other than producing at this stage of his career regardless of who it is. Once he didn't receive credit on GOATS HEAD SOUP and TATTOO YOU reissues, it was rather obvious he was out. He was all over EXILE, SOME GIRLS, and STICKY FINGERS reissue credits.

I don't remember him complaining about working with the Stones ? Apart from the infamous "we hit the wall" maybe ?

I don't think anyone's going to miss him in any case, if only for siding with Keith to try to make VL sound "retro" and ditch all the ambitious songs and siding with Keith again not to go in the studio to record ABB properly. For years Was apologists explained that the buck stopped with Mick and Keith, apparently Andrew Watt disagrees and so far so good !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...919293949596979899100101...LastNext
Current Page: 96 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home