Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...90919293949596979899100...LastNext
Current Page: 95 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 15, 2023 13:00

doitywoik

Is it knowns whether it is the original version or the covid version?

Universal Music Japan says: "released in 2020" - sounds like the then released single version.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 15, 2023 13:21

Jalfstra
Sounds pretty logical to me. The songs co-written by Ronnie are among my least favorite Stones tracks. Dance part 1, Everyting is turning to Gold, half of Dirty Work... The only truly great Stones song with Wood credits (my opinion) is No Use in Crying

what about black limousines?

also wanna mention that ronnie says in according to the rolling stones that mick and keith asked him for ideas during the forty licks sessions in 2002

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: September 15, 2023 13:34

Thanks for the copy of the Rolling Stone article, excited and somehow a bit emotional now to hear and see the full thing, ordered my LP/CD bundle this morning.

The last line is interesting:

Richards nevertheless looks forward to developing the songs on the road. “Without anybody croaking or breaking a leg in the next year, I wouldn’t be surprised at all [if we toured],” he says

I'm sure 90% 'the break a leg' comment is a throwaway comment, however a bit wonders if hes saying that in regards to Mick and 2023.

Either way excited and grateful for this band. Thank you.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: September 15, 2023 13:44

I woulndt rule out Darryll completely. He might play on the same song as Charlie does.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: September 15, 2023 14:48

If it hasn't been stated already, there is a 13th Japanese BONUS TRACK

Date: September 15, 2023 14:49

DrPete
If it hasn't been stated already, there is a 13th Japanese BONUS TRACK

Living In A Ghost Town

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: September 15, 2023 15:35

Topi
So...no Darryl on the new album, then?

He is not missed at all. In my opinion Keef's style on bass (and Ronnie's too) is much better for the Stones' sound.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 15, 2023 15:59

So bummed that I missed the leak for "Get Close" (that's what I get for not visiting IORR for 2 days!!) But the lyrics, ohhhh baby. Soooooooo good. A hyper-concentrated dose of dark, erotic obsession. Marvelous stuff.

Unlike the cliched lyrics in "Angry". "The wolf's at the door"?? Ooof.

Drew

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 15, 2023 16:39

drewmaster
So bummed that I missed the leak for "Get Close" (that's what I get for not visiting IORR for 2 days!!) But the lyrics, ohhhh baby. Soooooooo good. A hyper-concentrated dose of dark, erotic obsession. Marvelous stuff.

Unlike the cliched lyrics in "Angry". "The wolf's at the door"?? Ooof.

Drew
I couldn't resist and have heard it.
it's much nicer not to know

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 15, 2023 16:49

Palace Revolution 2000
Does BV not want us to discuss the leaked tracks?

I do not support or accept any distribution or discussion of items shared or distributed illegally. Like I said in an earlier post, see below. I am responsible for anything posted on IORR, and I will delete posting access of as many users as it takes if people do not respect the policy.

Please DO NOT use IORR for distribution of links to illegal copies of Stones music. Any such posting will result in loss of access to IORR posting.

PS. This is also including requests for information about illegal copies.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-15 17:19 by bv.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 15, 2023 17:14

Irix
doitywoik

Universal Music Japan says: "released in 2020" - sounds like the then released single version.

Thanks, Irix! So this is clarified. Means we have to wait for a rarities album that will be released in 20 years or so (when we all will be so deaf we couldn't listen to it any longer ...).

ProfessorWolf
also wanna mention that ronnie says in according to the rolling stones that mick and keith asked him for ideas during the forty licks sessions in 2002

True, but we (or, at least I) never learned what became of it. Did they record anything then that would have been credited to Jagger/Richards/Woods? Obviously no such thing has been released on ABB or Rarities 1971–2003. Does anyone know if any "Ronnie songs" are found on the Fully Finished Outtakes?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 15, 2023 17:35

Steve Jordan in London for the Hackney Diamond launch

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 15, 2023 17:42

HardRiffin
Topi
So...no Darryl on the new album, then?

He is not missed at all. In my opinion Keef's style on bass (and Ronnie's too) is much better for the Stones' sound.

Exactly, I've said it recently but I can't think of a single bass part of interest that Darryl would have come up with in the past 30 years apart from his MY solo on stage ! Maybe he thought that's not what was expected of him? Either way I think it's one of the reasons the sound of the studio albums has been lacking, except B2B where they had many other bass players. Oh well, with the killer Angry bass part all is forgotten!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-15 17:43 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 15, 2023 17:52

doitywoik
Irix
doitywoik

Thanks, Irix! So this is clarified. Means we have to wait for a rarities album that will be released in 20 years or so (when we all will be so deaf we couldn't listen to it any longer ...).

ProfessorWolf

True, but we (or, at least I) never learned what became of it. Did they record anything then that would have been credited to Jagger/Richards/Woods? Obviously no such thing has been released on ABB or Rarities 1971–2003. Does anyone know if any "Ronnie songs" are found on the Fully Finished Outtakes?

No, all Jagger/Richards or covers except the IORR demo which of course Ronnie was involved in but no writing credit.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 15, 2023 17:53

LorenzAgain

This is absolutely a must-read, together with the NYT piece. Fantastic story and info on how the tracks developed, can’t wait to re-read while listening to the whole thing. I’m already greedy and want them to start working on the next one.

It would actually make sense to release a documentary DVD on the making of the record along with the record CD. Looks like there are lots of interesting stories behing this new album.

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: September 15, 2023 18:03

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 15, 2023 18:11

Wild Slivovitz
It would actually make sense to release a documentary DVD on the making of the record along with the record CD. Looks like there are lots of interesting stories behing this new album.

Agree 100%. I would pay good money for that (Mick, are you listening?)

Drew

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: September 15, 2023 18:14

big4
doitywoik
Irix
doitywoik

ProfessorWolf

No, all Jagger/Richards or covers except the IORR demo which of course Ronnie was involved in but no writing credit.

Shouldn't Covered in Bruises be co-written by Ronnie? (But still nothing from 2002)

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: September 15, 2023 18:15

Lien
Steve Jordan in London for the Hackney Diamond launch

[www.instagram.com]

At first I thought that's from last week, but seems like there is something going on today. Does anybody know anymore?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 15, 2023 18:16

good and cool to read that the big guests on HD were not in for cameos or duets but to play with the band. also the story of how the Lady Gaga thing came out sounds very informal, or so they like to tell
anyway good vibes
hope the songs live up to

About SSOH: Keith teased Mick about on the presentation, but if those are not the lyrics of a gospel(ish) tune I dont know what else could be spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 15, 2023 18:17

Cristiano Radtke
MelBelli
roller99
Not that this will be news to anyone here, but the band has released their official press release with their "official" word on the album...

The Rolling Stones today reveal the full track list of their hugely anticipated new album, Hackney Diamonds, to be released October 20th on Geffen Records. Album opener, the recently released single “Angry,” is followed by a further 11 tracks. Late drummer Charlie Watts is featured on two tracks, “Mess It Up” and “Live By The Sword.” “Live By The Sword” additionally features bass from former Stones bassist Bill Wyman. “Sweet Sounds Of Heaven” featuring vocals from Lady Gaga and keys & piano from Stevie Wonder, “Bite My Head Off” with bass from Paul McCartney, and “Get Close” and ‘Live By The Sword’” with piano from Elton John.

HACKNEY DIAMONDS TRACKLIST

ANGRY

GET CLOSE

DEPENDING ON YOU

BITE MY HEAD OFF

WHOLE WIDE WORLD

DREAMY SKIES

MESS IT UP

LIVE BY THE SWORD

DRIVING ME TOO HARD

TELL ME STRAIGHT

SWEET SOUNDS OF HEAVEN

ROLLING STONE BLUES

The 12-track album, was recorded in various locations around the world, including Henson Recording Studios, Los Angeles; Metropolis Studios, London; Sanctuary Studios, Nassau, Bahamas; Electric Lady Studios, New York; and The Hit Factory/Germano Studios, also in New York.

Last week The Stones launched the album at a globally live streamed event from Hackney Empire in East London. The live stream was followed by the premiere of the video for “Angry” staring actress Sydney Sweeney which to date has had over 14 million views. Watch the video for “Angry” here.

Hackney Diamonds is their first studio set of new material since 2005's A Bigger Bang. Since then, the Stones have continued to smash box office records on a series of global sell-out tours and released 2016's GRAMMY® Award winning Blue & Lonesome, which featured their brilliant versions of many of the blues tracks that helped shape their sound, and topped album charts around the world. Last year, they thrilled European audiences totalling nearly a quarter of a million on the anniversary Sixty tour.

Hackney Diamonds marks The Stones (Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood) first album produced by producer and musician Andrew Watt.

With this official word, I officially stand corrected.
I have to admit, my heart sank when I heard Fallon read aloud the new song titles. I couldn’t believe they were real, and I still maintain that they’re pretty dreadfully bad. But the songs themselves sound great so far, and that’s what matters.

Same here. cool smiley

Glad I’m not the only one!

Date: September 15, 2023 18:20

werther2003

[www.bravado.de]

Picture Disc available on [Platenzaak.nl] and [TheSoundOfVinyl.com] as well.

Backside of the Picture Disc. Color-Vinyl overview - [iorr.org] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-16 09:40 by Irix.

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: September 15, 2023 18:43

Doxa
The Don Was case is interesting. The articles seem to tell the diplomatic story that since Was was busy, they needed to find another producer. So they got Watt.

Are the Twins nowadays really so diplomatic and humble that they let their trusted people to have priorities over them? I am a bit skeptical here. Something in me says that if they really would have wanted to have him, he would have been there.. Or Was had re-arranged his schedule if have had the call..
- Doxa

i think so too

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 15, 2023 18:54

Dorn
Doxa
The Don Was case is interesting. The articles seem to tell the diplomatic story that since Was was busy, they needed to find another producer. So they got Watt.

Are the Twins nowadays really so diplomatic and humble that they let their trusted people to have priorities over them? I am a bit skeptical here. Something in me says that if they really would have wanted to have him, he would have been there.. Or Was had re-arranged his schedule if have had the call..
- Doxa

i think so too

It seems Was lost the ability to get consensus between Mick & Keith, getting them to agree on songs. Even Ghost Town in 2020 has Clifford as a co-producer a song that came from from their last sessions with Was in 2019.

Date: September 15, 2023 18:55

MelBelli
Cristiano Radtke
MelBelli

I have to admit, my heart sank when I heard Fallon read aloud the new song titles. I couldn’t believe they were real, and I still maintain that they’re pretty dreadfully bad. But the songs themselves sound great so far, and that’s what matters.

Same here. cool smiley

Glad I’m not the only one!

I was surprised too, when the track names were announced during the Sept. 6 press conference and that the names were exactly the same as we already read in the public databases of the rights-societies. So no working titles or place holders or abbreviations there. The GEMA did an database update on Sept. 13 for 'Angry' but the change seems to be minor.

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: September 15, 2023 19:22

doitywoik
Irix
doitywoik

ProfessorWolf

may be some of the unreleased stuff from the 2002 Paris sessions ? (see Paris 2002 Studio Outtakes (MP-027))

Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 15, 2023 19:35

Some footage from NYC in June:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: September 15, 2023 19:45

In case anyone else hasn't already posted, the article in today's NY Times:

[www.nytimes.com]

Date: September 15, 2023 20:00

loog droog

In case anyone else hasn't already posted, the article in today's NY Times

It's the article from 14-Sep-2023, already posted here - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 15, 2023 20:22

Dorn
Doxa

- Doxa

i think so too

Well they also said that Mick had enlisted Watt last summer, so the whole thing is clearly an attempt to have Was save face.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...90919293949596979899100...LastNext
Current Page: 95 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2097
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home