Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8283848586878889909192...LastNext
Current Page: 87 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 13, 2023 05:48

At the very least, I think we will get an expanded edition of HD, much in the ABB vein, as Ronnie said they recorded two albums, and Mick caught himself when talking about the songs, saying, Well that's not true actually, but....and then he went in a totally different direction. There are different more songs ready. It's just a matter of what form they'll take when they are released.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 13, 2023 07:37

VoodooLounge13
At the very least, I think we will get an expanded edition of HD, much in the ABB vein, as Ronnie said they recorded two albums, and Mick caught himself when talking about the songs, saying, Well that's not true actually, but....and then he went in a totally different direction. There are different more songs ready. It's just a matter of what form they'll take when they are released.

A new album in 2024.

So much for Mick's talk about this one being their last new album. It's extremely unlikely we'll get anything else from the sessions until a new album is released.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 13, 2023 07:43

VoodooLounge13

Mick was talking about Charlie being on two tracks when he said that. He never responds to or acknowledges Ronnie's two album comment.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 13, 2023 07:59

Get Close and Depending Of You are nice tunes, the later one is a lovely ballad but I still think that Angry is the best one of the 3 songs available so far, it was an obvious choice for lead single.

I wonder who plays that sax solo on Get Close.

Posted by: rara ()
Date: September 13, 2023 08:50

trevormcmullin
Does anybody know how "Angry" is charting in the US/Worldwide? I thought the Billboard charts updated on Tuesdays but couldn't find any mention of the new song on their website. The music video currently has 14 million views #2 on Trending on YT Music,that doesn't count for nothing. Hoping the new song and the album will do well on the charts as it seems to be very popular.

It didn't chart in either of the two major song categories Hot 100 or Global 200. It only charted #44 in the Billboard Hot Rock & Alternative Songs.

Date: September 13, 2023 09:29

georgelicks
Get Close and Depending Of You are nice tunes, the later one is a lovely ballad but I still think that Angry is the best one of the 3 songs available so far, it was an obvious choice for lead single.

I wonder who plays that sax solo on Get Close.

Where did you hear those t7nes?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 13, 2023 09:40

Tracklisting:

01. Angry - co-written by Andrew Watt (also on background vocals & percussion)
02. Get Close - co-written by Andrew Watt, piano by Elton John
03. Depending On You - co-written by Andrew Watt
04. Bite My Head Off - bass by Paul McCartney
05. Whole Wide World
06. Dreamy Skies
07. Mess It Up - drums by Charlie Watts
08. Live By The Sword - bass by Bill Wyman, drums by Charlie Watts, piano by Elton John
09. Driving Me Too Hard
10. Tell Me Straight - lead vocals by Keith Richards
11. Sweet Sounds of Heaven - vocals by Mick Jagger & Lady Gaga, keys/piano by Stevie Wonder
12. Rolling Stone Blues - duet by Mick Jagger (vocals & harmonica) and Keith Richards (guitar) - [Muddy Waters blues Rollin’ Stone]

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [www.NYTimes.com] , [www.RollingStone.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-14 21:05 by Irix.

Posted by: MickDaseway ()
Date: September 13, 2023 10:16

FC Barcelona jersey for El Classico on October 29, promotion of the new LP
[twitter.com]

Date: September 13, 2023 10:25

trevormcmullin

Does anybody know how "Angry" is charting in the US/Worldwide?

From [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] - (13-Sep-2023) :

"The band's new song 'Angry', released last week, is going from strength to strength, breaking the number of views of the new song from three years ago in just three days! On 6 September 2023, The Rolling Stones announced the release of their first new studio album in 18 years, Hackney Diamonds, as well as the first single 'Angry', which has become a worldwide sensation. The music video for the new song 'Angry' has surpassed the total number of views of the then first new song in eight years, 'Living In A Ghost Town', released in April 2020, on YouTube in just three days and has reached number one in the iTunes Store in 14 countries worldwide, including their homeland UK.

Media outlets have also published rave reviews of Angry, including:

- 'Listened to 'Hackney Diamonds' - the best Rolling Stones album since 1978' (The Times)
- ''Angry' is The Rolling Stones' best single in 40 years' 5 out of 5 (The Telegraph)
- '(Mick) Jagger is back, strutting and barnstorming' (The Guardian)
- 'Best song in decades' 5 stars (iNews)

In Japan, the news of The Rolling Stones releasing their first original album in 18 years made headlines, with coverage on all 12 terrestrial TV programmes, including NHK and commercial broadcasters, and in more than 26 newspapers, including local newspapers. The music video for 'Angry' reached a peak ranking of number 12 on the 'Fastest Rising' list of all videos on YouTube in Japan, and four words related to The Rolling Stones trended on Twitter (X) after the album was announced."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-13 11:00 by Irix.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 13, 2023 10:30

Irix
trevormcmullin

Does anybody know how "Angry" is charting in the US/Worldwide?

From [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] :

"The band's new song 'Angry', released last week, is going from strength to strength, breaking the number of views of the new song from three years ago in three days! On 6 September 2023, The Rolling Stones announced the release of their first new studio album in 18 years, Hackney Diamonds, and the advance single 'Angry', which has become a worldwide sensation. The music video for the new song 'Angry' has surpassed the total number of views of the then first new song in eight years, 'Living In A Ghost Town', released in April 2020, on YouTube in just three days and has reached number one in the iTunes Store in 14 countries worldwide, including their homeland UK.

Media outlets have also published rave reviews of Angry, including:

- 'Listened to 'Hackney Diamonds' - the best Rolling Stones album since 1978' (The Times).
- ''Angry' is the best Rolling Stones single of the last 40 years' (The Telegraph).
- '(Mick) Jagger is back, strutting and rampaging' (The Guardian).
- 'Best song in decades', out of five (iNews)

In Japan, the news of The Rolling Stones releasing their first original album in 18 years made headlines, with coverage on all 12 terrestrial TV programmes, including NHK and commercial broadcasters, and in more than 26 newspapers, including local newspapers. The music video for 'Angry' reached a peak ranking of number 12 on the 'Fastest Rising' list of all videos on YouTube in Japan, and four words related to The Rolling Stones trended on Twitter (X) after the album was announced."

All well and good, but we won't know the official U.K. chart placing until Friday, 29 September. It's only the 'Official Singles Chart' that is considered when truly measuring 'recognised' chart success.

Date: September 13, 2023 10:40

Big Al

All well and good, but we won't know the official U.K. chart placing until Friday, 29 September. It's only the 'Official Singles Chart' that is considered when truly measuring 'recognised' chart success.

Yes, same in Germany: chart positions earliest with the Midweek Single-Charts, then the official charts on Friday. But it was interesting to read how the new single was received in Japan.

Date: September 13, 2023 10:47

Irix
DandelionPowderman

Where did you hear those t7nes?

Have a close look: [iorr.org] .

thumbs up

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 13, 2023 10:58

rogerriffin
Get Close, great rhythm i wonder if Keith also plays bass there, and Depending on You a Stones ballad, great ballad!

hope the rest of the disc surfaces soon... can´t wait till Oct 20.

Nice! Both sound alright at first listen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-13 11:06 by Topi.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 13, 2023 11:15

I actually only listened to the first couple of second of each, the quality wasn't great, and I think I'll wait to hear them in context in the album (Witness style!)

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 13, 2023 11:25

Topi
rogerriffin
Get Close, great rhythm i wonder if Keith also plays bass there, and Depending on You a Stones ballad, great ballad!

They sound way better than that Crosseyed Heart recording at an advanced listening in NY that was leaked some weeks before its release. grinning smiley

Of all the (now) known 3 songs, Depending on You is my favorite so far. It looks like one guy already got the Sweet Sounds of Heaven single (as per a SHF comment), so maybe it won't be long until it will be released. I think it will be a great song.

Date: September 13, 2023 11:34

Beautiful slide playing by Ronnie on DOY. Really nice song.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 13, 2023 11:37

get close is definitely a keith song and reminds me very much of slave

both in my opinion are better than angry and i like angry

if these two are indications of of the album as a whole it's at least the best stones album (or solo album) since the 90'sgrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-13 11:39 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: September 13, 2023 11:37

Would be interesting to know the story of this leak.

There's a dog barking at the end of Depending On You. Someone was listening to these songs somewhere and recorded them on their phone or something?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-13 11:40 by Topi.

Date: September 13, 2023 11:39

Topi

Recording from a listening party?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 13, 2023 11:40

The LEVEL of the three new songs….. Christ!

JumpingKentFlash

Date: September 13, 2023 11:41

DandelionPowderman
Topi

Recording from a listening party?

Might could. But they brought their dog! grinning smiley

Date: September 13, 2023 11:46

Topi

There's a dog barking at the end of Depending On You. Someone was listening to these songs somewhere and recorded them on their phone or something?

Pet Sounds 2 confirmed

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 13, 2023 11:48

Topi
rogerriffin

Yeah, alright first, but after a couple of listenings one can recognize the true quality there... Mick was no bullshitting, this is going to be a great album.

- Doxa

Date: September 13, 2023 11:53

JumpingKentFlash
Topi

Pet Sounds 2 confirmed

The dog is depending on someone. Or the other way around.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 13, 2023 11:56

I feel like "a Goats Head Soup-2023" - album. Nice rhythm and drums - tasty guitars and Mick sounds so young...Three great songs so far...and Sweet Sound of Heaven will soon arrive...smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 13, 2023 12:00

DOY has a nice "Moonlight Mile" kind of vibe, minus the elaborate arrangement.

Yeah, nice sax solo in GC, it's been a LONG time, TY ? Reminds of the moog solo in "I Can Bet" on the 2013 Macca album, you're like, why did you stop doing these things 30 years ago !

GC sounds like an actual Mick+Keith collaboration, got that Keith groove but the melody is "classic" Mick, actually it sounds dangerously close to one of his previous songs I can't quite place right now, starting at 00:23 until 00:35, let's see "Don't Tear Me Up", the "I don't ever wanna see your picture again" part ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 13, 2023 12:01

Topi

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 13, 2023 12:07

gotdablouse

Yeah, nice sax solo in GC, it's been a LONG time, TY ? Reminds of the moog solo in "I Can Bet" on the 2013 Macca album, you're like, why did you stop doing these things 30 years ago !

GC sounds like an actual Mick+Keith collaboration, got that Keith groove but the melody is "classic" Mick, actually it sounds dangerously close to one of his previous songs I can't quite place right now, starting at 00:23 until 00:35, let's see "Don't Tear Me Up", the "I don't ever wanna see your picture again" part ?

Wayne Shorter on B2B. Sanborn on PBU.

Date: September 13, 2023 12:08

Topi
JumpingKentFlash
Topi

Pet Sounds 2 confirmed

The dog is depending on someone. Or the other way around.

Ah. Stevie Wonder was there!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: September 13, 2023 12:11

gotdablouse

He's better off stealing his own songs than KD Lang's spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

---
5 Strings, 2 Hands, 1 A*****e

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8283848586878889909192...LastNext
Current Page: 87 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home