Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 8, 2023 03:02

stanlove
People who really like this song were going to like anything the Stones released just because it’s the Stones, 5 years from now everyone will admit that they have not bothered to play this song in about 5 years.

Still can’t get the point of pushing this media blitz and then not releasing album for 6 weeks.

You could be right, but then again it could be the opposite - maybe the song will eventually grow in to "Exile" status as it does seem to be a grower already with repeated listens.
I initially thought it was ok giving it a 2.5 out of 5, but that has already increased to a generous 3 out of 5 after multiple listens - the bass and guitars are very nice.
Eventually that ranking could increase to a 3.5 or even whopping 4 out of 5, but for now I'm just happy the Stones have finally released a new song, and eventually a new album.
While waiting another six to release the album might seem a strange strategy, it gives them even more time for the promotion bombardment, and after 18 long years, whats another six weeks?
Looking forward to the buildup towards the new album, and I imagine (or hope) it will provide enjoyment and quality listening for many years - at least some of it hopefully will anyways.
As an aside, still loving Living in a Ghost Town - loved it when I first heard it, and love it just as much today. Much better than the new single imo, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: September 8, 2023 03:14

Four listens and Angry is growing on me, at least guitar-wise. I think Mick over-sings on it, and that detracts from the overall effect. The ending is strong. Overall, I think it's weaker than Don't Stop, which is their last great song, in my opinion, but better than most anything on ABB and whatever else has slipped out "recently."

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 8, 2023 03:28

Keep at it man .......

It''ll slowly creep up and get ya ....

PLAY 5 times before you listen .........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kid killowatt ()
Date: September 8, 2023 03:44

Hairball
stanlove
People who really like this song were going to like anything the Stones released just because it’s the Stones, 5 years from now everyone will admit that they have not bothered to play this song in about 5 years.

Still can’t get the point of pushing this media blitz and then not releasing album for 6 weeks.

You could be right, but then again it could be the opposite - maybe the song will eventually grow in to "Exile" status as it does seem to be a grower already with repeated listens.
I initially thought it was ok giving it a 2.5 out of 5, but that has already increased to a generous 3 out of 5 after multiple listens - the bass and guitars are very nice.
Eventually that ranking could increase to a 3.5 or even whopping 4 out of 5, but for now I'm just happy the Stones have finally released a new song, and eventually a new album.
While waiting another six to release the album might seem a strange strategy, it gives them even more time for the promotion bombardment, and after 18 long years, whats another six weeks?
Looking forward to the buildup towards the new album, and I imagine (or hope) it will provide enjoyment and quality listening for many years - at least some of it hopefully will anyways.
As an aside, still loving Living in a Ghost Town - loved it when I first heard it, and love it just as much today. Much better than the new single imo, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, i give "Angry" a 3 star rating...BUT....i'm super happy that they are releasing a new fresh album, these guys are legends of talent and endurance.
I was tired of getting a new song once every 10 years or so buried between classics in another greatest hits album.

I WANTED A NEW RECORD...and they are giving it to US

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-08 03:50 by kid killowatt.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 8, 2023 04:03

I'm really pleased they didn't use a girl with macho tattoo's in the video

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 8, 2023 04:07

colonial

That describes 90% of the women just across the bridge from where I now live! LOL No wonder I'm spending so much time in da woods!! smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 8, 2023 04:09

I cant even stand the identification
tatts they put on cats and dogs ....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 8, 2023 04:18

VoodooLounge13
colonial

That describes 90% of the women just across the bridge from where I now live! LOL No wonder I'm spending so much time in da woods!! smoking smiley

I stay away from freaky places like that, tattoo's on women right passion killers

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: September 8, 2023 04:20

Not a great song, however, a decent effort. Second part of the song with the guitar solo is better than the first part.
I am sure there will be better tracks on the album than Angry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-08 04:23 by rbp.

Posted by: Stonesfan13 ()
Date: September 8, 2023 04:26

Rocky Dijon
Ronnie stated multiple times yesterday that there is another album. That's why there were 23 songs completed.
Yes he did! Bring it!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-08 04:35 by Stonesfan13.

Posted by: Stonesfan13 ()
Date: September 8, 2023 04:31

Rockman
Man you fight hard to
find something wrong with everything .....

Must be exhausting ....
Lol right on!!

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: September 8, 2023 04:32

Irix
ARB

Anyone been able to preorder the Japan CD?

SHM-CD in Jewel Case - UICY-16195 - [www.Amazon.co.jp] , [Tower.jp] , [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [www.HMV.co.jp] .

SHM-CD in DigiPak - UICY-16194 - [www.Amazon.co.jp] , [Tower.jp] , [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [www.HMV.co.jp] .

Is there a japanese exlusive track? Or something else worth buying it?

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: September 8, 2023 04:37

Can someone point me to the full version of the video of "Angry"? I saw a post that there was another video out there that had more video at the end; however, I can seem to find the post.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 8, 2023 04:58

rebelhipi
Irix
ARB

SHM-CD in Jewel Case - UICY-16195 - [www.Amazon.co.jp] , [Tower.jp] , [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [www.HMV.co.jp] .

SHM-CD in DigiPak - UICY-16194 - [www.Amazon.co.jp] , [Tower.jp] , [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [www.HMV.co.jp] .

The Japanese CD has one bonus track but what will be added is unclear at this moment. It is not announced yet.

Some fans raise concern if it might be Ghost Town, which would be a huge anticlimax. Let’s hope it won’t be the case.

Date: September 8, 2023 05:12

colonial
VoodooLounge13
colonial

I stay away from freaky places like that, tattoo's on women right passion killers

Me thoughts exactly!!! After 2 divorces, a place like that helps ensure I won't have to endure a 3rd! Very strategically planned! LOL

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 8, 2023 05:14

RisingStone
rebelhipi
Irix
ARB

The Japanese CD has one bonus track but what will be added is unclear at this moment. It is not announced yet.

Some fans raise concern if it might be Ghost Town, which would be a huge anticlimax. Let’s hope it won’t be the case.

As much as I love Ghost Town, that would be like a poke in the eye .
It's already been released as a single, it was also released on HONK, and it's a time capsule tune of the pandemic that was released over three years ago.
Unless there's a major resurgence in covid, it would be step backwards to release a tune that's become somewhat dated and obsolete due to it's theme.
Again, I still love it, but..."Life was so beautiful, then we all got locked down..." - no thank you, ancient history.
Hopefully the extra will be something fresh and new, even if it's a nice cover tune.

Date: September 8, 2023 05:15

Rockman
I cant even stand the identification
tatts they put on cats and dogs ....

Rock, it took me a solid year to stop trying to scrub the tat off my pup!!! Shoulda seen all the weight she lost with all that belly shaking going on! confused smiley

Posted by: Isolar ()
Date: September 8, 2023 05:54

rebelhipi
Irix
ARB

For anyone interested, CDJapan has the CD+Blu-ray available here:
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICY-80360
HMV would not export to the US when I tried to order from them.

Date: September 8, 2023 06:40

Isolar
rebelhipi
Irix
ARB

For anyone interested, CDJapan has the CD+Blu-ray available here:
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICY-80360
HMV would not export to the US when I tried to order from them.

THANK YOU! Been waiting for it to pop up there! I still might hold off on the Japanese version for a bit, wanting to see if maybe the press conference gets added to the BluRay. Lord knows there's enough other things to be bought first!!!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 8, 2023 06:46

Ordered the Japanese Black vinyl which is also showing a bonus track thru cd Japan. See the Carnaby red is sold out

Rod

Date: September 8, 2023 07:19

On our television news from an interview a few days ago Keith said something about living to 100 years old, cool a

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-08 07:22 by colonial.

Posted by: z ()
Date: September 8, 2023 07:44

Rocky Dijon
Ronnie stated multiple times yesterday that there is another album. That's why there were 23 songs completed.

Yes! We can start a thread for the NEW album, what are we waiting for??

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 8, 2023 08:03

z
Rocky Dijon

Yes! We can start a thread for the NEW album, what are we waiting for??

grinning smiley

Date: September 8, 2023 08:07

bitusa2012
Ordered the Japanese Black vinyl which is also showing a bonus track thru cd Japan. See the Carnaby red is sold out

Well now that would be a first now wouldn’t it!?!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 8, 2023 08:15

LeonidP
Rocky Dijon

I heard mention of 23 songs, but never once heard that the leftovers were for another album. Typically in the past the leftovers were not used for the follow up albums.

LeonidP, WHAT!!!???

Their 1969-1983 albums consisted, to varying amounts, of leftovers! And one album was only leftovers.

That's "pretty typical" of them.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 8, 2023 08:41

stanlove

I'm not completely surprised by this, your opinion, but... I'm a bit mystified.

What you're saying is you don't like the single and people jump now but not later but they'll like anything the Stones release. And then you go talk about your experience of not listening to Don't Stop or Doom And Gloom.

And you can't understand why the LP will take so long to be released.

I'm with you on the second one. But you're projection about not being a Stones fan about the first one is clear and simple.

Yet your bit about the single is remarkably dumb: you're not a fan and you're judging anyone that likes it and any new album as to one to be a suckass Stones fan.

On top of all that, you are redundant in what you say about the single.

You are literally the $5 dollar store.

You saying because they haven't played Don't Stop since the LICKS tour that this single isn't worthy?

That they stopped playing Doom And Gloom that this single isn't worthy?

Here's an easy one for you - not one of the singles from any of the deluxe reissues was ever played live.

So Stones fans suck for liking those EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE NEVER PLAYED LIVE.

Sounds like you need to log off for awhile, maybe until December when this whole worthless new album dies down... or permanently.

Your opinion sucks.

Your opinion is wrong.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 8, 2023 08:50

Rockman
Man you fight hard to
find something wrong with everything .....

Must be exhausting ....

Hey, he waited 18 years for this moment...

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 8, 2023 09:00

I know 6 weeks is quite a while to wait for the new album, but I'm sure there will be another song released (although not necessarily in all these stupid physical formats) in the intervening period. My bet would be one with Gaga, Stevie or one of the guests on, in order to keep the profile high and further whet appetites for the album release.

Posted by: lelandsundries ()
Date: September 8, 2023 09:19

Enjoying all the opinions, positive and negative.

Personally, I take what Ronnie has to say with a grain of salt. How many times did he say the new album would be out imminently in years past? I hope i'm wrong there. Another new album in 2024 would be a dream!

Small question: years ago mick shared a clip on Instagram of him playing a wicked harp solo on a new song. I wonder if that song made the record.

big question is (forgive me if this got answered elsewhere): do we know what and when is the next single?!

Very psyched!!

Posted by: Screamer ()
Date: September 8, 2023 09:40

I am super excited for this album!! Since I was only 6 years old when ABB was released, I truly consider this the first ever new original Stones album I will witness during my lifetime. "Angry" made me so happy, similar to "Doom and Gloom" 11 years ago! Let's bring it on cool smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1467
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home