Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: September 7, 2023 10:44

This song is getting incredibly positive buzz in the general public. Heard it on the radio and the DJ’a were gushing about it, it’s up to Well over 4 million views on YouTube in under 20 hours and is already in the top ten on ITunes…A genuinely great commercial day for a bunch of 80 year old men lol.

The marketing seems to be working really well thus far…Beyond that, it’s a really good/fun song that people seem to enjoy. Well done!

Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Date: September 7, 2023 10:49

GasLightStreet
tiffanyblu
VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu
Video is doing great. #9 on trendig music on YT. Though, to be number one on the charts (video) one needs 5-6m streams/day. Atm its about 400k and may end the day at around 1m = top 50!

I have it on Loop, so I'm doing my part to bolster the plays!!!

I have a ? on playing the song on Loop on YT. Does each play count as an individual view or no, since it's on repeat? Would I need to manually restart the song in order to increase the views? Does anyone know? I just had a thought - if each play counts as a separate view whilst on Loop, I could leave this playing all night while I slept. If all of us die-hards did that, we could help bolster sales, and maybe help our boys get another #1 single!!!!

Then do it on Spotify smiling smiley thats what counts towards the big lists smiling smiley

It doesn't matter if it's YouTube or Spotify - they both pay less than $.004 cents per stream.

And they both count as streams.

Date: September 7, 2023 10:53

Best single since SMU. The video is clever. You're not supposed to look at the girl all the time winking smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 7, 2023 11:00

Pelle

I saw it says on amazon that the green one has the alt.cover aswell but not on the picture in the ad.

If you look at the Green Vinyl at Amazon in other countries, it says only 'Amazon Exclusive' but there's nothing about the alternate cover version.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 11:02

Do you confirm Mick's slip of the tongue during the press conference: "Angry" is the first single from MY new album..."? smiling smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: September 7, 2023 11:19

doitywoik
Don't wanna be the spoilsport but IMHO they have had better singles. "Angry" almost sounds like filler material to me. And as someone else put it, the video is cringy.

Since Mick said they completed 23 tracks I hope we also get to hear the rest at some point (i.e. the ones that were not considered for Hackney Diamonds). That the Stones think some tune doesn't fit a particular album doesn't make it a bad track.

Also strange how much Ronnie seemed like a 5th wheel in the Kimmel event. Like an appendix that is not really needed but cannot be glossed over either.

Yeah I had the same impression. To be honest, I’m always a bit nervous when he’s about to say something and I got the feeling Mick felt the same. He’s always been one one to spill the beans smiling smiley) I still pity that Ronnie isn’t a more integral part of new albums, but I guess there is a reason for it.

Edit for clarification: I think the single is the best since the Bridges to Babylon time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 11:43 by LorenzAgain.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 7, 2023 11:24

An article in the Guardian this morning referred to the Stones as ‘Rocktogenarians’. grinning smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 7, 2023 11:26

powerage78
Do you confirm Mick's slip of the tongue during the press conference: "Angry" is the first single from MY new album..."? smiling smiley

I didn't hear that during the PC but it does sound like he's saying that in the post PC interview, the one where he explains how Macca got to play on BMHO.

Keith did say during the PC that Mick had Angry all ready to go, so we know what that means, i.e. an elaborate demo with Clifford where Keith had some "fairy dust" but this time it was meaningful with some nice guitar licks and a wonderful walking bass. We certainly have Watt to thank for that terrific Big sound too, they haven't sounded that good for decades for sure!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 7, 2023 11:34

gotdablouse
powerage78

I didn't hear that during the PC but it does sound like he's saying that in the post PC interview, the one where he explains how Macca got to play on BMHO.

Keith did say during the PC that Mick had Angry all ready to go, so we know what that means, i.e. an elaborate demo with Clifford where Keith had some "fairy dust" but this time it was meaningful with some nice guitar licks and a wonderful walking bass. We certainly have Watt to thank for that terrific Big sound too, they haven't sounded that good for decades for sure!

Agreed.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: September 7, 2023 11:35

They ALWAYS sounded that good.
smileys with beer

Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: September 7, 2023 11:51

The chorus of Angry is a bit unusual for a Stones song with the key change and variation between major and minor. Sounds a bit constructed and more like a Mick solo song.

But it's still a nice fresh sound for the Stones...

I still prefer the straight forward no excuses choruses of songs like Rough Justice though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 13:35 by EasterMan.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 7, 2023 11:58

5 million YT views!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 12:00

The great merit of Angry : an effective, enthusiastic, rhythmic and heady song, and that's strong. This was less the case with Love is Strong, for example (IMO). We're more in the spirit of Start Me Up.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: September 7, 2023 12:01

According to yesterday's conversation with Jimmy Fallon these will be the tracks on "Hackney diamonds":

1. Angry
2, Get close
3. Depending on you
4. Bite my head off
5. Whole wide world
6. Dreamy skies
7. Messed up
8. Live by the sword
9. Driving me too hard
10. Tell my straight [sung by Keith]
11. Sweet sound of heaven
12. Rolling stone blues

I'm sorry if this was posted already but I just don't have the time to go thru the 70+ pages of this thread.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 7, 2023 12:12

tiffanyblu
So some data updates:

It's doing great on YT. 2,8 million streams so far putting Angry at number 8 most streamed within music videos. Actually the "Rolling Stones LIVE in conversation with Jimmy Fallon" is at place 18. Even more impressive is that Angry is the number one most streamed music video in the US.

8x number 1:s on iTunes (including UK, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden). This is pure sales of course and that counts for the German charts but counts very little compared to streams in most countries. It is still lagging in the US at place #9.

Then streams through streaming platforms. Spotify have no live updates, so we will now more later today, but US numbers will have to wait until appr. 30 hours. But we do have some live data from Apple Music where Angry is currently charting in 3 countries: Netherland #11, Norway #32 & Sweden #84.

Still want to highlight that the number of music video streams is extremely impressive. And it's growing by the minute.

Thanks for update.

But what goes for the great music video streams, well, for those feeling uncomfortable with Ms. Sweeney's (to quote the cover of THE SUN) "steamy" lap dance over car, and wondering why it is there, there is the answer...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 12:14 by Doxa.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 7, 2023 12:26

Doxa
tiffanyblu
So some data updates:

It's doing great on YT. 2,8 million streams so far putting Angry at number 8 most streamed within music videos. Actually the "Rolling Stones LIVE in conversation with Jimmy Fallon" is at place 18. Even more impressive is that Angry is the number one most streamed music video in the US.

8x number 1:s on iTunes (including UK, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden). This is pure sales of course and that counts for the German charts but counts very little compared to streams in most countries. It is still lagging in the US at place #9.

Then streams through streaming platforms. Spotify have no live updates, so we will now more later today, but US numbers will have to wait until appr. 30 hours. But we do have some live data from Apple Music where Angry is currently charting in 3 countries: Netherland #11, Norway #32 & Sweden #84.

Still want to highlight that the number of music video streams is extremely impressive. And it's growing by the minute.

Thanks for update.

But what goes for the great music video streams, well, for those feeling uncomfortable with Ms. Sweeney's (to quote the cover of THE SUN) "steamy" lap dance over car, and wondering why it is there, there is the answer...

- Doxa

Thinking the same

Date: September 7, 2023 12:27

F.U.C. the Captain
According to yesterday's conversation with Jimmy Fallon these will be the tracks on "Hackney diamonds":

1. Angry
2, Get close
3. Depending on you
4. Bite my head off
5. Whole wide world
6. Dreamy skies
7. Messed up
8. Live by the sword
9. Driving me too hard
10. Tell my straight [sung by Keith]
11. Sweet sound of heaven
12. Rolling stone blues

I'm sorry if this was posted already but I just don't have the time to go thru the 70+ pages of this thread.

Will they really re-title it (with a «G» and add «blues»)?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 7, 2023 12:32

Favourite two lines of the night

"Where not a day band"
"I don't talk like that"

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 7, 2023 12:44

The Stones can't be to far from getting 19 million facebook followers

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: September 7, 2023 13:00

i did order from jpc ('fuchsia', kinda purple), no shipping costs btw (till sunday).

The Rolling Stones: Hackney Diamonds (Limited Edition) (Fuchsia Vinyl) (in Deutschland exklusiv für jpc!)

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: September 7, 2023 13:02

colonial
Favourite two lines of the night

"Where not a day band"
"I don't talk like that"

And:

«I need to keep all my body parts moving» grinning smiley

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 13:09

Was really beautiful to see them together yesterday. But I'm really starting to worry about Ronnie. Especially comparing to Mick and Keith, it seems as if you can see the mental processing in his eyes when he's asked a question. Of course, he's been through a lot and we're just happy that at least the three of them are still alive. But it's still making me sad somehow.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 13:17

By the way, anyone else hoping for an appearance of either Mick or Keith on the "Conan O'Brien needs a friend" podcast? Macca did it too. They belong to the best interviews with stars out there, at the moment. Conan has the same musical knowledge as Fallon but a more stable ego, which leads to great conversations.

Posted by: LondonLee ()
Date: September 7, 2023 13:22

Listened to it a few times now and it grows on you.

Is it classic Stones? Far from it, but it's a good track and a good album opener.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 7, 2023 13:35

It does grow on you.

Posted by: Mirko ()
Date: September 7, 2023 13:47

Vinyl is ever free of shipping costs if you order from JPC and when you live in Germany.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 7, 2023 13:48

doitywoik

Since Mick said they completed 23 tracks I hope we also get to hear the rest at some point (i.e. the ones that were not considered for Hackney Diamonds). That the Stones think some tune doesn't fit a particular album doesn't make it a bad track.

Yeah, there is a possibility for TATTOO YOU type of album to come some day, like someone here already suggested. Or, if the stuff is really ready to go, no need even to finishing and polishing them up.

My picture is that for Mick an album being 'great' and not 'just good' means some sort of cohesion and how the tracks fit together. The quality of individual tracks probably is not that important. It seemingly took years until they had a some kind of coherent idea what the album supposed to be like. You know, what kind of songs to use, etc. When they had that idea or vision (seemingly last December) it all happened pretty quickly, since they knew what they were doing. Seemingly having a new producer had a big role in accomplishing that vision (so Don Was had run of ideas helping them with that).

But there is supposedly a lot of material - some unfinished, rejected songs - from 'Charlie sessions' along the years from 2015 to 2019. Who knows what kind of potential gems for many ears there are.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 13:53 by Doxa.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 7, 2023 13:49

tiffanyblu
5 million YT views!

Group hug! smoking smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 7, 2023 13:50

LondonLee
Listened to it a few times now and it grows on you.

Is it classic Stones? Far from it, but it's a good track and a good album opener.

to me it sounds like classic Jagger solo

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 7, 2023 13:53

Koen
tiffanyblu
5 million YT views!

Group hug! smoking smiley

we should put it into perspective - they have nearly three million followers on youtube. So five million views is not that much (and I guess most people round here have viewed it 20+ times…

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2476
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home