Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 03:34

Still on loop over here!!!

Date: September 7, 2023 03:38

So folks, I just want to say, 5.5 months ahead of time..........I'm going to go out on a limb and state..........

Given their longevity as a group, the time elapsed since their last album, the reception to B&L.......the Stones will get Grammy's for Rock Song and Rock Album of the year. And Mr. Watt will have another weapon in his arsenal at that point.

Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 7, 2023 05:05

Cristiano Radtke
MisterDDDD
Liking this song (and video) more each time I listen.
Can not wait for the album!!

I'm still taking the pills and I'm off to Brazil
(Angry, don't be angry with me)
Please, don't be angry with me (Angry, don't be angry with me)
Come on
Don't, don't, don't, not (Angry, don't be angry with me)
Not, not, not, not, not, not, not
[genius.com]

Yes please, and the sooner the better! grinning smiley

Considering Mick's history there's a great irony in that line!

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 7, 2023 05:13

VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu
Video is doing great. #9 on trendig music on YT. Though, to be number one on the charts (video) one needs 5-6m streams/day. Atm its about 400k and may end the day at around 1m = top 50!

I have it on Loop, so I'm doing my part to bolster the plays!!!

I have a ? on playing the song on Loop on YT. Does each play count as an individual view or no, since it's on repeat? Would I need to manually restart the song in order to increase the views? Does anyone know? I just had a thought - if each play counts as a separate view whilst on Loop, I could leave this playing all night while I slept. If all of us die-hards did that, we could help bolster sales, and maybe help our boys get another #1 single!!!!

Then do it on Spotify smiling smiley thats what counts towards the big lists smiling smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 7, 2023 05:15

just want to ask if anyone has heard angry on their local radio stations?

i've been out grocery shopping today which means about a 140 mile round trip because of how far i live from any cities

so i've been listening to the radio (102.5 kzok seattle) for hours and i've heard angry at least 4 times today

and at least one of those times the song was introduced by keith

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: September 7, 2023 05:45

I heard "Miss You" on KLOS in L.A. while driving today, which brought me back to the first time I heard it play (also driving) in '78. After it played, the DJ said that the Stones had a new album and he would be playing "a cut" from it in about an hour.

I tuned in again an hour later and "the cut" turned out to be "Angry." I had already heard it and seen the video (in retrospect, I wish that I had listened to it first before watching it) online. Hearing it on the radio somehow made it all the more real to me.

Frankly, the song is a bit underwhelming, but I'm glad it's out there.

The line, "Don't be angry with me!" could be the motto of the next tour

They could play "Angry"....and then go straight into "Brown Sugar."

Date: September 7, 2023 05:52

tiffanyblu
VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu
Video is doing great. #9 on trendig music on YT. Though, to be number one on the charts (video) one needs 5-6m streams/day. Atm its about 400k and may end the day at around 1m = top 50!

I have a ? on playing the song on Loop on YT. Does each play count as an individual view or no, since it's on repeat? Would I need to manually restart the song in order to increase the views? Does anyone know? I just had a thought - if each play counts as a separate view whilst on Loop, I could leave this playing all night while I slept. If all of us die-hards did that, we could help bolster sales, and maybe help our boys get another #1 single!!!!

Then do it on Spotify smiling smiley thats what counts towards the big lists smiling smiley

Don’t have a Spotify account.

Date: September 7, 2023 05:54

I don’t listen to the radio so I can’t say that I have. Most of the stations up here in the mountains are either country or Christian anyway. Would have to go back to civilization to have a chance.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 7, 2023 05:56

VoodooLounge13
I don’t listen to the radio so I can’t say that I have. Most of the stations up here in the mountains are either country or Christian anyway. Would have to go back to civilization to have a chance.

tell me about itwinking smiley

Date: September 7, 2023 06:04

So some data updates:

It's doing great on YT. 2,8 million streams so far putting Angry at number 8 most streamed within music videos. Actually the "Rolling Stones LIVE in conversation with Jimmy Fallon" is at place 18. Even more impressive is that Angry is the number one most streamed music video in the US.

8x number 1:s on iTunes (including UK, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden). This is pure sales of course and that counts for the German charts but counts very little compared to streams in most countries. It is still lagging in the US at place #9.

Then streams through streaming platforms. Spotify have no live updates, so we will now more later today, but US numbers will have to wait until appr. 30 hours. But we do have some live data from Apple Music where Angry is currently charting in 3 countries: Netherland #11, Norway #32 & Sweden #84.

Still want to highlight that the number of music video streams is extremely impressive. And it's growing by the minute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 06:06 by tiffanyblu.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: September 7, 2023 06:04

Putty
The video already has 1.6M views.
I think it’s a creative and smart video.
Using the younger stones synchronized
with the new song exposes their coolness
to a younger market. Many have heard about the
Stones, but may not have not seen them like this.
Cool and sexy video.

Can’t wait for HD.

thumbs up

Date: September 7, 2023 06:12

VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu
VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu

Great work either way, I will do what I can on Spotify ;D

Date: September 7, 2023 06:15

tiffanyblu
VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu
VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu

and to answer your question: repeat will do!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 7, 2023 06:36

Has anyone actually seen the back cover of the album yet?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 7, 2023 07:04

tiffanyblu
VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu

It doesn't matter if it's YouTube or Spotify - they both pay less than $.004 cents per stream.

Date: September 7, 2023 07:06

tiffanyblu
tiffanyblu
VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu
VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu

and to answer your question: repeat will do!

Great to know!! Thanks. I’m definitely going to keep playing it all night then! Don’t know that I can listen to it all day nonstop tomorrow. I dont want to get sick of a brand new song before I even have the physical copy of it but I could definitely do this every night for God knows how long!!! Let’s get our boys to a new US #1!!!!! C’mon!!!! 45 years is long enough!!!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 7, 2023 08:14

Irix
ThumpinJackFlash

Morning Joe Cues = Rolling Stone Blues.

Probably not. 'Rolling Stone Blues' is a 2019 song by Jaime Saso - [www.Qobuz.com] , [www.Facebook.com] .

The Track is registered on his name (composer & lyricist) under ISWC-Code T-929.783.660-3 and the publisher is CD Baby Alpha Music (IPI: 697403510).

According to media reports, "Rolling Stone Blues" will be a cover of Muddy Waters' "Rollin'Stone"

[www.bbc.com]

The last track on the album is a cover of Muddy Waters' Rollin' Stone, but Richards said it should not be perceived as the band saying goodbye.

"That's not intended," he said, "it was actually Andrew Watt who came up with a 1920s guitar, and said 'maybe you guys could finally do a song that the name of the band came from".

"And Mick and I looked at each other and said 'yeah, OK'. So there it is, it's more a tip of the hat to Muddy Waters, Chicago and all the blues men we learned our stuff from."

But sure enough, "Morning Joe Cues" will have nothing to do with the new album!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 7, 2023 08:21

I was very impressed with the live streaming for someone watching it so far away in New Zealand the picture and sound quality were excellent, better than my television

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 7, 2023 09:01

Paulina Almira Cuts Gems for Rolling Stones' Hackney Diamonds

[www.hpluscreative.com]

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: September 7, 2023 09:14

Yes, twice already on NPO Radio 1, the Dutch news channel.

Re: NEW TOUR
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 7, 2023 09:17

steffialicia
HOPE SO!!!!!!

I second that!

Date: September 7, 2023 09:27

4,2 M views after 18 hours...not bad old bastards!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 09:28

A funny and rather well-executed Angry review from France.

[www.nouvelobs.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 7, 2023 09:40

First album of original material in 18 years - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 7, 2023 10:00

Diamond Clear - Indie Store Exclusive - [RecordStoreDay.com] . More Color-Vinyl - [iorr.org] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 10:25 by Irix.

Date: September 7, 2023 10:01

powerage78
A funny and rather well-executed Angry review from France.

[www.nouvelobs.com]

Sounds like a load of crap to me!!! It's much simpler than that: they are eclectic, they don't have a monolithic sound (like other bands that have been making the same albums for 30 years) and their albums flow well and are always enjoyable and never boring.
You don't need to make an effort to give them a positive review, if one is intellectually honest and not biased, it comes naturally.

Date: September 7, 2023 10:14

HardRiffin
4,2 M views after 18 hours...not bad old bastards!!! smileys with beer

Number 1 trending over the world. Extremely, extremely good!!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 7, 2023 10:17

All that marketing wasn't for nothing!

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: September 7, 2023 10:33

The alternate cover, is it exlusive for the blue vinyl only or other colors aswell? I saw it says on amazon that the green one has the alt.cover aswell but not on the picture in the ad.

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 7, 2023 10:37

Don't wanna be the spoilsport but IMHO they have had better singles. "Angry" almost sounds like filler material to me. And as someone else put it, the video is cringy.

Since Mick said they completed 23 tracks I hope we also get to hear the rest at some point (i.e. the ones that were not considered for Hackney Diamonds). That the Stones think some tune doesn't fit a particular album doesn't make it a bad track.

Also strange how much Ronnie seemed like a 5th wheel in the Kimmel event. Like an appendix that is not really needed but cannot be glossed over either.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2025
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home