Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:26

Do anyone have access to The Times article? [www.thetimes.co.uk]

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:26

I really like both video and song!
Can't wait for the album!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:27

We'll I'm ~$60 poorer now...ordered the limited edition boxset, comes with a 64 page book and a bluray of a hi-res atmos version of the new album.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:27

tiffanyblu

[archive.ph]

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:28

Song is great, video is incredibly lame.
Who said they recorded 23 songs and two albums? Mick?

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:28

kovach
We'll I'm ~$60 poorer now...ordered the limited edition boxset, comes with a 64 page book and a bluray of a hi-res atmos version of the new album.

Was going to order the whiskey glass, but shipping costs mroe than the items!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:30

Topi

Do they have a tracklisting up yet?

"Track names: To be announced later"

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:30

Topi
I also heard both Ronnie and Keith mention Stevie Wonder.

Pretty sure they mentioned one of the new songs sounds like Stevie Wonder. Don't think they alluded to him being on the album.

Posted by: seebee ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:31

The woman in the video is Sydney Sweeney from White Lotus, Handmaid’s Tale, and other things…

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:31

gavin95
Song gets better as it really starts grooving at the midway point thru to the end.

LOVING IT

Here’s to a great album, so lucky to be a part of this as a fan!!

From the piano/guitar solo mid point to the end is wonderful, yes!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:33

gavin95
Album is 48 min 23 sec

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Just long enough to spill onto a third vinyl side and charge for a double album.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()

IrelandCalling4
gavin95
Song gets better as it really starts grooving at the midway point thru to the end.

LOVING IT

That's true! The piano bridge is really well done and from then on it's pure Stones and not in a forced way. But the chorus??

Posted by: gotdablouse ()

IrelandCalling4
gavin95

LOVING IT

Wonderful ? It's an extended ad lib like on OMS that people thought Mick couldn't be bothered to help finish, what is there to like about it ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-06 17:34 by gotdablouse.

Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album out October 20
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:35

Rolling Stones Announce New Album of Original Music, First in 18 Years

Band also premiered the video for new song "Angry" from their upcoming album, Hackney Diamonds

by Kory Grow
September 6, 2023

Stuart C. Wilson/Getty Images

The Rolling Stones announced their new album, Hackney Diamonds, and premiered the video for its first single, “Angry,” at a press conference Wednesday in East London. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, and Ronnie Wood sat down with Jimmy Fallon to talk about the making of their upcoming LP, their 24th, which is due out Oct. 20. It’s the band’s first full album of original music since 2005’s A Bigger Bang.

“We wouldn’t be putting this out now if we didn’t really like it,” Jagger said. “We didn’t want to make just any record and put it out. So we wanted to make a record. Before we went in, we said we all want to make a record that we really love, ourselves. People may like it, other people may not. But we must say this, we are quite pleased with it. … We hope you’ll like it.”

In addition to talking about the making of the record, which was helmed by producer Andrew Watt (Miley Cyrus, Ozzy Osbourne), the band reminisced about their first-ever press conference in the Sixties (buying a pint of beer each for NME and Melody Maker), how Wood likes to “keep everything moving” (to audience cheers) by playing with other artists, and the time Keith Richards smoked illegally backstage at The Tonight Show. Fallon also attempted a Jagger impression right in front of Jagger. “That’s not how I speak,” Jagger said, laughing.

The band also unvieled the track list for the album, which contains 12 tracks, though Jagger said they’d recorded 23 for it. Wood praised the funky riff of “Whole Wide World” and about how “Dreamy Skies” is about getting away from everything (which Jagger says never happens.)

Wood also revealed that Lady Gaga sings on “Sweet Sounds of Heaven” and quizzically shouted out Stevie Wonder’s name when Fallon announced the track. They described “Live by the Sword” as “slightly retro,” and Richards talked about “Tell Me Straight,” a song he sings. “I can tell you straight that I have no idea what it’s about,” the guitarist joked. And he pointed at Jagger, “He tried to steal it, so it must be good.” They all laughed.

“When a singer wants to make a record, you record him, because you never know the next time you’re gonna get it,” Richards said about how the album came together. “So when Mick said to me, ‘I want to make a record,’ I … said, ‘Let’s go.'”

“Well that’s good to know, isn’t it?” Jagger said, laughing.

“I’ve never told you that before,” Richards said.

“You shouldn’t have told me now,” Jagger rejoined, and everyone laughed. “That’s good to know, that’s all I’ve got to do.”

The band ended up cutting the album all over the world. They recorded at Los Angeles’ Henson Recording Studios, London’s Metropolis Studios, Nassau, Bahamas’ Sanctuary Studios, and a couple of New York institutions, Electric Lady Studios and the Hit Factory/Germano Studios.

“When a singer wants to make a record, you record him, because you never know the next time you’re gonna get it,” Richards said about how the album came together. “So when Mick said to me, ‘I want to make a record,’ I … said, ‘Let’s go.'”

“Well that’s good to know, isn’t it?” Jagger said, laughing.

“I’ve never told you that before,” Richards said.

“You shouldn’t have told me now,” Jagger rejoined, and everyone laughed. “That’s good to know, that’s all I’ve got to do.”

The band ended up cutting the album all over the world. They recorded at Los Angeles’ Henson Recording Studios, London’s Metropolis Studios, Nassau, Bahamas’ Sanctuary Studios, and a couple of New York institutions, Electric Lady Studios and the Hit Factory/Germano Studios.

They also premiered the video for “Angry,” which stars White Lotus and Euphoria actress Sydney Sweeney. The actress, who was sitting in the front row, told Fallon, “This is the biggest thing ever.” Francois Rousselet, who directed the clip for the Stones’ “Ride ‘Em on Down” (off their 2016 collection of blues covers, Blue & Lonesome), helmed the clip.

In the clip, she rides on the back of a red convertible through the Sunset Strip as billboards depicting various eras of the Stones perform the track, whose chorus goes, “Don’t get angry with me,” a perfectly syncopated Jagger rhythm. Sweeney even plays a little air guitar.

Hackney Diamonds track list:

1. “Angry”
2. “Get Close”
3. “Depending on You”
4. “Bite My Head Off”
5. “Whole Wide World”
6. “Dreamy Skies”
7. “Mess It Up”
8. “Live by the Sword”
9. “Driving Me Too Hard”
10. “Tell Me Straight”
11. “Sweet Sounds of Heaven”
12. “Rolling Stone Blues”

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-06 17:36 by bye bye johnny.

kovach

Didn't see that one, link please !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rockman ()

Sydney Sweeney .... Snake ...Once upon a time in Hollywoody

ROCKMAN

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:36

IrelandCalling4
gavin95

LOVING IT

Agree! smileys with beer

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:39

I like the song. It sounds just good. A bit like I expected after hearing the first tiny sample of it. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
The clip is not bad. They have even small footage of Bill Wyman, Mick Taylor and of course our beloved CHARLIE in it!! smiling bouncing smiley
If they really would have made it off, they should have put a small footage of Brian Jones and Ian “Stu” Stewart in it. But that’s just a minor detail to me smiling smiley

Date: September 6, 2023 17:40

CJFP
tiffanyblu

[archive.ph]

Thanks !

That was interesting to read : "Jagger said. “I didn’t want to make an album that was just an assembly of what we had done over the past five years, which would mean three good tracks, five OK, three mediocre. And to be perfectly honest I thought that was where we were heading.” - fortunately they struck gold in Jamaica last December...or so we are lead to believe but for now we'll have to settle for Angry.

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-06 17:52 by gotdablouse.

Date: September 6, 2023 17:40

Paul Smith alternative artwork - €46.99 / £39.99 / $39.99 - [www.PaulSmith.com] , [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com]

Zoetrope Edition - £29.99 - limited to 10,000 copies - [Blood-Records.co.uk] . Barcode is 602455464637 .

Picture Disc - €32.99 / £29.99 / $38.00 - [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [www.Bravado.de] , [Platenzaak.nl] , [TheSoundOfVinyl.com]

RS No.9 Carnaby Red Exclusive - [www.Instagram.com]

Stones x MLB - White Vinyl - 30 different versions - [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .

Diamond Clear - Indie Store Exclusive - [RecordStoreDay.com] . Barcode is 602455464606 .

Clear Green Vinyl - [www.Amazon.com] , [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.es] , [www.Amazon.it] , [www.Amazon.de] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.jp] . Also at [Tower.jp] . Barcode is 602455464620 .

Transparent Purple (Fuchsia/Violet) Vinyl - [www.Platomania.nl] , [www.jpc.de] , [HMV.com] and [www.Fnac.com] , [Tower.jp] . Barcode is 602455464613 . Interpretations of the Fuchsia color - Wikipedia .

FNAC Édition Limitée Exclusivité Pop-Up Vinyle Rouge - [www.Fnac.com] . Barcode is 0602455808394 . See also: [Leclaireur.FNAC.com] .

Target Exclusive Vinyl - [www.Target.com] . The Hype-Sticker also says 'Transparent Purple' and Barcode is 602455464613 .

Crystal Clear Blue Vinyl - [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [www.Bravado.de] , [Platenzaak.nl] , [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com] , [TheSoundOfVinyl.com] .

Edited 16 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-18 13:10 by Irix.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:41

Love the video!

Date: September 6, 2023 17:50

Hype-Sticker: "The First Original Studio Album Since 2005"

[www.jpc.de] - Large picture

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:50

Seems like those registered song titles were real.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:52

First track is quite good! Bring it on!

Date: September 6, 2023 17:53

NashvilleBlues
Topi
I also heard both Ronnie and Keith mention Stevie Wonder.

Pretty sure they mentioned one of the new songs sounds like Stevie Wonder. Don't think they alluded to him being on the album.

Sounded like Stevie and Lady Gaga were on the same song, a gospel tune.

Posted by: amg077 ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:55

Liked the video, the song more less, maybe I should get accustomed to it

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:56

Song was decent pop rock - better than Don't Stop for sure, but not as good as Living in a Ghost Town. Video was good, but usually I don't watch videos, though this one I might a couple more times. Excited to hear the rest of the album - especially the track with Bill and Charlie, and also the Keith trsck.

Date: September 6, 2023 17:57

So the 11 known tracks + 12. “Rolling Stone Blues”
Apparently Ronnie mentioned it during the PC but I missed that.

--------------

Posted by: Hopiman ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:58

gotdablouse

Am I the only one to be embarrassed by the video ? Did they really need that girl to "pole dance" on the car, almost B&B poster style ?! It's too bad because seeing the animated pictures from the past was pretty cool.

you're not the only one!
The animated Stones are cool, but that girl...
Isn't it cheap somehow?
I can't help but think: what would Charlie have said to this?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 6, 2023 17:59

DandelionPowderman
Sounded like Stevie and Lady Gaga were on the same song, a gospel tune.

Yes, “Sweet Sounds of Heaven”.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home