Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 29, 2023 00:30

charlystone

Estás serían las canciones...???

Yes, see here: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] . Except 'Morning Joe Cues'. And the track names could also be just working titles (which could then be updated in the databases after the album release).

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 29, 2023 02:02

If the album comes out in October, they didn't register working titles in late August.

Date: August 29, 2023 02:26

There's been a lot of chatter about the song titles which may or may not be real. I remember so well, reading in 1976 in a rock magazine (perhaps Rolling Stone) a listing of the NEW song titles from the upcoming BLACK AND BLUE release.... I think I was really disappointed.... They just did not sound so great....

Hot Stuff
Hand Of Fate
Cherry Oh Baby
Memory Motel
Hey Negrita
Melody 5:48
Fool To Cry
Crazy Mama

And wouldn't you know it, even though I still hate the title Crazy Mama - it is a great song. And I even like Hot Stuff. and Hey Negrita. so, it is probably best to hear a song before we judge it by its title

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: August 29, 2023 02:33

Rocky Dijon
If the album comes out in October, they didn't register working titles in late August.

The theory, per Irix, is that they are not working titles so much as placeholder dummies.

There must be some way for artists to keep track lists under embargo until they are ready to announce them.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 29, 2023 03:09

There's also the possibility they recorded a cover tune or two...
Thinking maybe a Motown cover ala Just My Imagination or Ain't Too Proud to Beg, or a blues cover ala Love in Vain or Little Red Rooster.
Or perhaps they even recorded another reggae cover ala Cherry Oh Baby, though they've never quite managed to do that genre much justice imo.
Or...maybe they really did decide to do a Beatles cover ala I Wanna Be Your Man with Paul on bass...or Come Together which they performed at Desert Trip...
Many possibilities to consider, and it could be that list of new/original titles that's listed on ASCAP (fake titles or not) is incomplete, and more of a decoy to throw off the hounds....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 29, 2023 03:10

HopeYouGuessMyName
There's been a lot of chatter about the song titles which may or may not be real.

That's just it: they may be real. That says enough.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 29, 2023 03:14

Irix
MelBelli

For all we know, they were registered by someone based on the chatter that originated here.

Someone registers track names with ISWC code numbers just for fun at three official rights-societies. Hard to believe, MelBelli.

I would love to meet the person(s) that registers the International Standard Musical Work Codes and ask them, why sets of two codes when you can just have one?

Date: August 29, 2023 03:46

Hairball

In December 2015, they certainly did and not just the tracks that ended up on BLUE AND LONESOME. The song titles registered are real enough. There should be a few more registered in coming weeks. Let's hope the album has a couple cover versions and really isn't just 11 tracks.

Date: August 29, 2023 03:53

Rocky Dijon
Hairball

In December 2015, they certainly did and not just the tracks that ended up on BLUE AND LONESOME. The song titles registered are real enough. There should be a few more registered in coming weeks. Let's hope the album has a couple cover versions and really isn't just 11 tracks.

So there’s no way for an artist to conceal track titles until they’re ready for them to go public? When Taylor Swift or Kendrick Lamar announce new albums, their fans already have an idea of which songs are going to be on them? I am not being sarcastic; I’m genuinely curious.

Date: August 29, 2023 04:30

cyclist
So many of those rumored song titles are clichés...

I haven't given them too much thought really, but yes some generic clichés, and nothing too special and/or thought provoking.
Get Close and Dreamy Skies sound like they could be the titles of a snuggly Carpenters tune, or even worse something from Michael Bolton c.1980's!
But you can't judge a tune by it's title, and for all we know, these aren't even the official titles as has already been discussed. But if they are, so be it - there's new tunes on the way!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: August 29, 2023 04:56

I don't mind the titles so much, just as long as the tunes are good

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 29, 2023 05:03

cyclist

Like Wild Horses, Beast of Burden, Under my Thumb etc?

Rod

Date: August 29, 2023 07:02

bitusa2012
cyclist

such a good point!

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: August 29, 2023 07:22

MelBelli
One of the reasons we should be cautious about the ASCAP list is that, at least as recently as 2020, the Stones used BMI to license their music.

" You ASCAP, Or BMI could ever make a mountain fly,
If Japanese can boil teas,
Then where the @#$%& are my Realities..."

Steven Tyler

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 29, 2023 07:23

Maybe "Angry" will eventually be called "Fixed"! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-29 07:32 by Topi.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 29, 2023 07:27

Hairball
Or...maybe they really did decide to do a Beatles cover ala I Wanna Be Your Man with Paul on bass...or Come Together which they performed at Desert Trip...

Beatles covers on a Stones album? Surely you jest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-29 07:33 by Topi.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 29, 2023 09:47

Topi
Hairball

The Beatleheads are still living off of a over from 60 years ago.”look how great we are the Stones did a cover”
I’ve seen McCartney bring it up a few times.
I’m a big Chuck Berry fan, maybe I should keep talking about all of the Berry they did-I’ll mention it over and over and over.

Date: August 29, 2023 12:40

GasLightStreet

I would love to meet the person(s) that registers the International Standard Musical Work Codes and ask them, why sets of two codes when you can just have one?

Where are two ISWC-Codes for the same track? Duplicates in databases can happen and if there're identical ISWC-Codes then it happened due to multiple authors or the many international rights-societies.

Date: August 29, 2023 13:52

bitusa2012
cyclist

I’d say there’s one cliche on that batch of newly registered titles — “Live by the Sword.”

The rest are just … I don’t know what. Nullities.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 29, 2023 16:48

eventim (Germany) has set up a "ticketalarm" about a Rolling Stones tour in connection with the new album ('The Rolling Stones Auf Tour zum neuen Album?')

But that doesn't necessarily signify hardly anything. They use a similar template for lot of popular acts (for example: 'ACDC Live zurück in Deutschland? (live in Germany?) etc.)

Date: August 29, 2023 17:15

[www.Eventim.de] - (marked as gossip)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 29, 2023 18:21

lem motlow
Topi
Hairball

The Beatleheads are still living off of a over from 60 years ago.”look how great we are the Stones did a cover”
I’ve seen McCartney bring it up a few times.
I’m a big Chuck Berry fan, maybe I should keep talking about all of the Berry they did-I’ll mention it over and over and over.

And they've covered Dylan a couple of times, and vice versa.

Has Dylan ever covered the Beatles?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 29, 2023 18:30

treaclefingers
[Has Dylan ever covered the Beatles?

Date: August 29, 2023 19:12

MelBelli
So there’s no way for an artist to conceal track titles until they’re ready for them to go public? When Taylor Swift or Kendrick Lamar announce new albums, their fans already have an idea of which songs are going to be on them? I am not being sarcastic; I’m genuinely curious.

It probably depends how close to the release date the paperwork is filed. In the past the Stones have registered a song more than once because the title changed slightly prior to release. The same happens with the Writers Guild with screenplays or the copyright office with feature films. We're just largely out of time for them to do that this time. I can't imagine people other than us care about song titles enough for it to matter, to be honest.

Date: August 29, 2023 19:30

Rocky Dijon
MelBelli

It probably depends how close to the release date the paperwork is filed. In the past the Stones have registered a song more than once because the title changed slightly prior to release. The same happens with the Writers Guild with screenplays or the copyright office with feature films. We're just largely out of time for them to do that this time. I can't imagine people other than us care about song titles enough for it to matter, to be honest.

Thanks.

I will cop to 1) being a crazy person and 2) being a crazy person who finds the new song titles to be unusually and alarmingly dull.

But set that aside!

What I’m more curious about is the apparent fact that, in this day and age, artists don’t truly have the power to surprise their audience. What I mean is, in the recent past, it was not uncommon for an artist to drop a surprise new single or even a full-length album.

The fact that ASCAP is a publicly viewable online database would seem to render that impossible.

Or has this always been the case? That these “surprise releases” have always been discoverable — and most fans and music writers have just been too lazy about snooping or sussing them out?

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: August 29, 2023 20:33

Sorry if already posted
On the Hackney website there’s a countdown running… just one week to go, now

Date: August 29, 2023 20:34

Things are heating up, and the countdown is on............> Hackney Diamonds

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: August 29, 2023 20:54

Hairball
Things are heating up, and the countdown is on............> Hackney Diamonds

Countdown now showing 7 days and 19 hours and 36 minutes - so 2.30pm next Wednesday (UK time), some kind of announcement.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-29 20:56 by StonesSmeth99.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 29, 2023 20:54

MelBelli
Rocky Dijon
MelBelli

Thanks.

I will cop to 1) being a crazy person and 2) being a crazy person who finds the new song titles to be unusually and alarmingly dull.

But set that aside!

What I’m more curious about is the apparent fact that, in this day and age, artists don’t truly have the power to surprise their audience. What I mean is, in the recent past, it was not uncommon for an artist to drop a surprise new single or even a full-length album.

The fact that ASCAP is a publicly viewable online database would seem to render that impossible.

Or has this always been the case? That these “surprise releases” have always been discoverable — and most fans and music writers have just been too lazy about snooping or sussing them out?

I, for one, am not too sure how many people know about the existence of such a database and its searchability. I believe both of Taylor's "independent" albums arrived as shocks. The new Metallica album came outta left field, too. So I think it IS possible if kept under HEAVY lock and key!!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 29, 2023 20:57

So the 6th it is!!!! That website is cool!!! Love how ya keep hitting the glass and then it shatters (no pun intended!) into the countdown. They've really done a killer job on the marketing for this album. And I guess after 18 years, what the hell, it's kinda warranted!!! I am in the camp of 11 songs might be a bit short for the time that's elapsed. Hopefully there are a couple more songs to be added.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2544
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home