Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 26, 2023 21:35

tommyturbo76
NICOS
tommyturbo76
I just hope Hackney Diamonds is like Some Girls - perceived at the time as a huge "comeback" with a lot of airtime, played in discos, and a great tour. And of course the songs are simply great.

As far as I know they will never do something they already did

I actually agree. I was speaking about the result, not the content.

I'm with you tommyturbo76, and I'm sure most are also - hoping for great results!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 26, 2023 21:36

slewan
NilsHolgersson
It's weird, but by reading those titles, I can almost already hear those songs in my head

so tell us on which ones Keith sings

I'm hearing Keith on Mess It Up

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 26, 2023 22:46

i hope to hear keith on his standard two songs but at least one keith track would be fine to me considering the potential length

as for the new album being to much of a mick solo album

i'm not so concerned about that after keith vetoed gotta get a grip and england lost from being on it

as long as keith has some say about what goes on the album it should be pretty "stonsey"

it's andrew watt that has me more concerned

but others are right to point out that we should really hear the damn thing first before we start critiquing it

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 26, 2023 22:50

Blueranger
Sorry to say it: GET A LIFE!

It's a message board for a rock band that started over 60 years ago. Most of the posts are by regulars who visit daily. If you're going to quote Shatner, it would apply to every single one of us. Fans, like collectors, are a breed apart. They can't just like something. They analyze it to death. They can't just be happy with greatest hits and seeing the artist one or two times in concert. Instead, following their work is a way of life.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 26, 2023 23:12

NilsHolgersson
slewan
NilsHolgersson
It's weird, but by reading those titles, I can almost already hear those songs in my head

so tell us on which ones Keith sings

I'm hearing Keith on Mess It Up

Can you hear Paul McCartney's bass on any of the tunes?smiling smiley

It could be a tune (or two) co-written with Andrew Watt considering their past camaraderie and work together.
Maybe "Depending on You" and/or "Get Close", and if he's not on an Andrew Watt co-write, maybe "Sweet Sounds of Heaven"...sounds like the title of a Macca track!

-----------------------------------

*edit: just noticed and corrected a couple of typos - must have been the blazing summer sun getting to me earlier today!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-27 06:46 by Hairball.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: August 27, 2023 00:07

Hackney Gazette on eBay

[www.ebay.es]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 27, 2023 00:22

Bluesstone
So based on that song list and the line „Don‘t get angry, get it fixed“in the Hackney Diamonds Ad, I would assume we can expect the first single to be „Angry“. And if indeed Mr. AW is co-writer and potentially producer of that song, the tune may have a quite contemporary sound, also some indication for a 1st single?

Well spotted, looks like another piece of the puzzle has found its place !

As for "Hackney Diamonds" it seems it's the brainchild of the UMG marketing team and/or consultants tasked to find a "concept" for a loose set of songs...well at least it sounds interesting ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 27, 2023 01:03

gotdablouse
Bluesstone
So based on that song list and the line „Don‘t get angry, get it fixed“in the Hackney Diamonds Ad, I would assume we can expect the first single to be „Angry“. And if indeed Mr. AW is co-writer and potentially producer of that song, the tune may have a quite contemporary sound, also some indication for a 1st single?

Well spotted, looks like another piece of the puzzle has found its place !

As for "Hackney Diamonds" it seems it's the brainchild of the UMG marketing team and/or consultants tasked to find a "concept" for a loose set of songs...well at least it sounds interesting ;-)
. I don’t get why 2 of the greatest rock writers in history need Andrew Watt as a co-writer

Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 27, 2023 01:42

Taylor1
I don’t get why 2 of the greatest rock writers in history need Andrew Watt as a co-writer

Maybe because they’ve had some difficulty writing together for the past few decades?

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: August 27, 2023 03:30

mkbbcmr
"Morning Joe Cues" must be about the insanity of current American politics , "Morning Joe" being the daily news show on MSNBC.

Came here to say the same thing. Left satisfied.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 27, 2023 06:10

mkbbcmr
"Morning Joe Cues" must be about the insanity of current American politics , "Morning Joe" being the daily news show on MSNBC.

ASCAP also lists Keith and Paul Shaffer as composers of "Friday Night Videos Cues." It's possible this is just from MSNBC's show coming in and out of commercials and not an actual album track.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: August 27, 2023 06:14

Rocky Dijon
mkbbcmr

ASCAP also lists Keith and Paul Shaffer as composers of "Friday Night Videos Cues." It's possible this is just from MSNBC's show coming in and out of commercials and not an actual album track.

Good call.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 27, 2023 06:26

Rocky Dijon
mkbbcmr

It's also worth noting that this is the only one of those 12 songs that despite being composed by Mick and Keith doesn't list any performers, unlike the others.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 27, 2023 07:02

[twitter.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Twitter and IG account @hackneydiamonds, also set up in April, just like the website.

(However, the account @hackneydiamonds2023 with the profile photo of Hackney Empire was only set up in August.
[www.instagram.com])

Guessing the April ones are legit but the August one isn't.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-27 07:13 by Topi.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 27, 2023 07:17

Rocky Dijon
harlem shuffle
Why do they have to give credit to Steve?Just because he is a friend of Keith?

You think co-writing credits on "Almost Hear You Sigh" and "One More Shot" were tokens of friendship? They write together. Mick and Keith worked on "Living in a Ghost Town" with Steve at Germano Studios. It isn't a shock to think he might have a producer or pre-production credit or even another songwriting credit.

I mentioned Matt as well. He's almost certainly going to have a producer or pre-production credit and arranger credit somewhere. Matt signed with a major publisher so his representation could guarantee he gets credit for work he completes. The press release said as much.

Now, how me noting Andrew Watt's co-writing credits are surprising in the face of nothing for Matt or Steve translates into "they have to give credit to Steve" is probably something you need to ask yourself. I said nothing about deserve or must.

Harlem Shuffle, are you really that ignorant? Have you never read about songwriting credits? Why did they have to give credit to Steve Jordan?

Because he was part of the writing?

There isn't anything else.

You essentially just said the Earth is flat.

Alas, it's not 1966-1983 or whatever. Ronnie was given credit for whatever in 1978-1986.

Officially. Even though he got screwed earlier. For quite a hit song, actually.

Do you know that, Harlem Shuffle?

It started to change in 1989, as in to nothing since regarding Ronnie Wood.

In regard to additional writers, Keith could obviously say, Hell no, mate.

But, you know.

Don't you, Harlem Shuffle? You don't.

Do some investigating. Learn something. It doesn't take long.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 27, 2023 07:52

Enough.

Where's the single!!!???

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: August 27, 2023 09:36

Topi
[twitter.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Twitter and IG account @hackneydiamonds, also set up in April, just like the website.

(However, the account @hackneydiamonds2023 with the profile photo of Hackney Empire was only set up in August.
[www.instagram.com])

Yet some big fans are following the one set up in August...

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: August 27, 2023 09:41

StonesSmeth99
Topi
[twitter.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com])

I follow both just in case smiling smiley

Date: August 27, 2023 10:43

I think there was third IG account called @thehackneydiamonds a well. Seems to have been deleted.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: August 27, 2023 11:57

Cristiano Radtke
georgelicks
Cristiano Radtke
There's some interesting song titles registered on the ASCAP website. Those marked with (*) features Andrew Watt as co-writer.

Angry *
Bite my Head Off
Depending on You *
Dreamy Skies
Get Close *
Live by the Sword
Mess it Up
Morning Joe Cues
Sweet Sounds of Heaven
Tell me Straight
Whole Wide World

[www.ascap.com]

DRIVING ME TOO HARD is another one.

That's a 12 track album with 3 songs co-written with Andrew Watt.

Yes.

(Thank you for the pic, Rockman!)

In this picture, written beneath "Drive Me Too Hard", appears to be a song title of "Get Out Of My Way". I'm not familiar with this title. Could this also be a possible new song from the album (or an outtake from B&L, given that "Blue & Lonesome" and "Hate To See You Go" are also written there)?

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-27 12:04 by sf37.

Date: August 27, 2023 12:27

StonesSmeth99
Topi
[twitter.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com])

True enough. By the way, I reached out to you via Messenger, StonesSmeth99, check your messages.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 27, 2023 12:35

Ricky

Hackney Gazette on eBay

[www.ebay.es]

Still available from [www.HackneyGazette.co.uk] as posted here - [iorr.org] . Copies of the [www.IslingtonGazette.co.uk] available as well.

The above [www.eBay.co.uk] offer was already at £ 52.00 and had 9 bids.

Still available for free in the archive of the newspaper's website as PDF.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-27 13:10 by Irix.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: August 27, 2023 12:50

A new hint from The Rolling Stones For the Forthcoming Album "Hackney Diamonds".
The First Picture Shows nothing Left below.
The Second Picture Shows The Polydor Label Left Below.

Date: August 27, 2023 13:00

You can see the evolution of the HackneyDiamonds.com website here: [Web.Archive.org] .

Date: August 27, 2023 13:25

sf37

In this picture, written beneath "Drive Me Too Hard", appears to be a song title of "Get Out Of My Way". I'm not familiar with this title.

[www.Genesis-Publications.com]

See also the December 2015 recording sessions on [NZentgraf.de] , [Aeppli.ch] and [StonesSessions.com] - (Appendix Session List).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-27 13:35 by Irix.

smiling smileyRe: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 27, 2023 13:33

Ricky
Hackney Gazette on eBay

[www.ebay.es]

……….. One can call this good trading. Hackney Gazette could have sold it for this price. I bet they didn’t. I wasn’t try to get this gazette, but I know more than one fan around here did and got it. I think they only paid for the sending and maybe a small fee for the copy? smiling smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 27, 2023 13:52

I was listening again to Every Loser by Iggy Pop just to try to infer something about what could be an Andrew Watt input on a "established rock star" new album.

Writing: Watt gets writing credits on each one of the eleven tracks of Pop's album;

Guest musicians: Pop's album is crowded, more than guests it seems that Watt formed (him included) a band to back Pop;

Length: (to amend myself) I take note that Pop's album is 11 tracks for less tha 40 minutes of music (good sign)

Overall feel: Every Loser, though "heavy" in general, it sounds a bit like a mix of Iggy's music "persona" through the years.

I bet in a couple of weeks we will have an idea of his collaboration with Mick, ops the Stones

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: August 27, 2023 13:55

Irix
sf37

In this picture, written beneath "Drive Me Too Hard", appears to be a song title of "Get Out Of My Way". I'm not familiar with this title.

[www.Genesis-Publications.com]

See also the December 2015 recording sessions on [NZentgraf.de] , [Aeppli.ch] and [StonesSessions.com] - (Appendix Session List).

Thank you, Irix, much appreciated! Don't know how I missed this information the first time around.

So it looks like there were 7 outtakes in total from the B&L sessions, with at least one of the tracks ("Drive Me Too Hard/Driving Me Too Hard") possibly included on the new album.

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-27 13:57 by sf37.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 27, 2023 13:56

Hackney Diamonds instagram probably changed their name one time. First hackneydiamonds2023 and now hackneydiamonds. hackneydiamonds also placed a photo. They first became member on Instagram in August 2023 the second in April 2023. The second changed their name once.
    [*] 1 [www.instagram.com]
1 hackneydiamonds2023
    [*] 2 [www.instagram.com]
2 hackneydiamonds

The first follows 12 well known members of the Stones touring party spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
The second only Keith, Mick, Ronnie and The Rolling Stones accounts. smiling bouncing smiley

Date: August 27, 2023 14:15

maumau

I was listening again to Every Loser by Iggy Pop just to try to infer something about what could be an Andrew Watt input on a "established rock star" new album.

Andrew Watt's input on Iggy Pop's Every Loser resulted partly in only 2.5-3 review stars (out of 5) - [iorr.org] .

The by Andrew Watt also produced 2022 Ozzy Osbourne album Patient Number 9 got only 3 review stars by the German [RollingStone.de] as well as by The Independent. But other reviews gave mostly 4 stars (out of 5).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home