Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 25, 2023 01:43

HardRiffin
I hope this song will be on the new album:
[youtu.be]

"...without youu..."

I hope not, it sounds like a poor Mick solo song from the 80s...Let's Work comes to mind.
There were MUCH better snippets, like the two harmonica based ones.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 25, 2023 02:23

GetYerAngie
drewmaster
What I find interesting (and amusing) is that, if Hackney Diamonds is indeed the album's title, the Stones haven't chosen an album title that in any way reflects how much time has passed since their last one, nor suggests that this could be their last studio album. No sweeping exits here (just as they never say "this is our last tour").

Drew

Sorry, but you are not correct. In fact the title do reflect the time passed since their last studio album. If the title had been "Hackney Coal" you would have had a point, but diamonds take a long time to make...

Hmm, hadn’t thought about it from that perspective. I don’t think about time when the word “diamonds” comes up. Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

Drew

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 25, 2023 02:57

gotdablouse
HardRiffin
I hope this song will be on the new album:
[youtu.be]

"...without youu..."

I hope not, it sounds like a poor Mick solo song from the 80s...Let's Work comes to mind.
There were MUCH better snippets, like the two harmonica based ones.

If you listen very closely with headphones, you can hear Keith in the background yelling "This is not Stones stuff. If you want to put it out, put it out by yourself"!!!.
In all honesty though, it's not really that bad...not as bad as Lets Work anyways. It's just a snippet, so it's difficult to judge, and maybe that segment was completely edited out of the finished tune... lol

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 25, 2023 04:44

maumau
how many tracks? we'll discover in a few days. I am afraid the 10/12 songs is a long gone format, a compactness no longer imposed by the technology.

No, it’s not!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 25, 2023 04:49

Hairball
In all honesty though, it's not really that bad...not as bad as Lets Work anyways. It's just a snippet, so it's difficult to judge, and maybe that segment was completely edited out of the finished tune... lol

It's a bit like judging "Brown Sugar" on the snippet of Mick playing guitar to Ike and Tina backstage at Madison Square Garden.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: August 25, 2023 04:53

Hopefully only another week until we hear something more!

Wonder if they'll do more cryptic teases before making an official announcement...

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 25, 2023 05:27

Rocky Dijon
Hairball

It's a bit like judging "Brown Sugar" on the snippet of Mick playing guitar to Ike and Tina backstage at Madison Square Garden.

Amd that's just the start! Wait until he finally has the album in his hands and starts dissecting autotune and other anomalies on Mick's vocals...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-25 05:55 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 25, 2023 05:39

CJFP
Hopefully only another week until we hear something more!

Wonder if they'll do more cryptic teases before making an official announcement...

Maybe Elton or Paul McCartney will be the next to shed some light with their own teasers! Or maybe even Bill?
Whoever it may be, or however it will happen, only a matter of time now...hang tight...thumbs up

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 25, 2023 06:51

Hairball

I have a dream - 18 new tunes - a new tune for each year that has passed since the release of a Bigger Bang...

There's that magic number again. We were counting on you! winking smiley

But "tunes", though?

Aren't tunes melodies?

What about lyrics?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 25, 2023 06:53

drewmaster
GetYerAngie
drewmaster
What I find interesting (and amusing) is that, if Hackney Diamonds is indeed the album's title, the Stones haven't chosen an album title that in any way reflects how much time has passed since their last one, nor suggests that this could be their last studio album. No sweeping exits here (just as they never say "this is our last tour").

Drew

Sorry, but you are not correct. In fact the title do reflect the time passed since their last studio album. If the title had been "Hackney Coal" you would have had a point, but diamonds take a long time to make...

Hmm, hadn’t thought about it from that perspective. I don’t think about time when the word “diamonds” comes up. Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

Drew

They're simply acknowledging 60 years.

It's most - VERY - likely their last new LP.

Whatever. At this point it doesn't matter.

It's more about the time than the amount.

If an artist/band says Oh shit we need to do... 15th, 20th, 40th whatever album... I don't think that's ever happened. There's no trophy for anything.

An amount of bands are touring based on past albums. That's fantastic that they can celebrate that. They could have an awesome album (The Cult's UNDER THE MIDNIGHT SUN) and then after a little while say, Oh, it's been 40 years since (in this case, Death Cult).

It's one thing to poke fun at an artist for being nostalgic with their set lists... but The Rolling Stones have been doing that since 1978. They've HAD TO.

Mick has made fun of The Beach Boys. But the Stones ended up doing exactly that.

Other artists/bands continue to release new music. Some put out fantastic music. Some are just whatever.

The Stones?

A single in...when?

Reissues of... deluxe... time fillers.

It's "new".

They've chosen to not do true new. Whatever.

It's gonna happen soon.

And that will be it. By 2033 it will be a very different world.

Posted by: Bosmatic1 ()
Date: August 25, 2023 06:59

It’s going to sound great on my record player and even better live next spring/summer. Can’t wait, but have to, so until then…spin the classics baby and long live the Stones! Some of the folks on this thread-such pre-emptive negativity-are you even fans? So bored of people who criticize before they’ve even heard a note. Wait for the album, take it home, get to know it, have a ‘smoke’ and a drink and Get Into It. Anyway, this is great, really great. And thanks to bv and everyone else who makes this site cool and helps us all find out info about our favourite band. See you in the Pit in Vancouver or Edmontonsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-25 07:10 by Bosmatic1.

Date: August 25, 2023 08:38

The Hoffman people are at 22 pages on their Hackney Diamonds thread.

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

We gotta pick it up! winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 25, 2023 08:40

Topi

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

I'll start posting here more and there less...that should even it out a bit.

Date: August 25, 2023 08:53

The latest post by "Carl80" over there is...interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-25 08:55 by Topi.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 25, 2023 08:58

MononoM
omg... there are one or two songs we need to skip when we play the upcoming record... "It will feature Paul McCartney on one, maybe two tracks." (source [www.noise11.com])
The Stones do have a bass player right? Why let this clown on the record? if it was any other of the other band ok, but not Paul the Quakert...

It’s the first strike against the new record. Mark my words the obnoxious twat will do an interview at some point and mention how “the boys had a bit of writers block and he was there to help out”
This annoying little garden gnome actually, I shit you not, said “ well they’ve seen what we’re all doing out here, making alot of money and decided to get in the game”.
He was talking about the Stones hitting the road again in 2012.just read that and absorb the cluelessness.

And even self important Paul, isn’t as train wreck gruesome as having Elton fckng John on a Stones record. I literally get that funny taste in my mouth when you’re about to vomit just thinking about it.

Date: August 25, 2023 09:05

Before you vomit, we don't know yet if Elton's even on there. Still not confirmed.

Ben Waters, Bill Wyman and Paul McCartney are all on record saying they're on it. (Or at least that they recorded with the Stones)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-25 10:50 by Topi.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 25, 2023 09:08

Topi

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

One of their users said he'd read somewhere that all the tracks on the new record were played by Charlie, but two.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: August 25, 2023 09:13

Irix
Topi

Obvious fake.

Yep, this Eduberto Palitroke did already a fake Stones-song some time ago, in early 2019 - [iorr.org] . He himself confessed that it's fake - [iorr.org] .

Thanks for the info! It's well done.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 25, 2023 10:58

lem motlow
MononoM
omg... there are one or two songs we need to skip when we play the upcoming record... "It will feature Paul McCartney on one, maybe two tracks." (source [www.noise11.com])
The Stones do have a bass player right? Why let this clown on the record? if it was any other of the other band ok, but not Paul the Quakert...

It’s the first strike against the new record. Mark my words the obnoxious twat will do an interview at some point and mention how “the boys had a bit of writers block and he was there to help out”
This annoying little garden gnome actually, I shit you not, said “ well they’ve seen what we’re all doing out here, making alot of money and decided to get in the game”.
He was talking about the Stones hitting the road again in 2012.just read that and absorb the cluelessness.

And even self important Paul, isn’t as train wreck gruesome as having Elton fckng John on a Stones record. I literally get that funny taste in my mouth when you’re about to vomit just thinking about it.

Why not just say what you think lem grinning smiley

Date: August 25, 2023 10:59

Cristiano Radtke
Topi

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

One of their users said he'd read somewhere that all the tracks on the new record were played by Charlie, but two.

Another user mentions a specific date for the announcement!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-25 10:59 by Topi.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 25, 2023 11:12

Topi
The latest post by "Carl80" over there is...interesting.

Carl80
Carl80
Forum Resident
New

So September 6th it is then for the Hackney Diamonds announcement grinning smiley

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 25, 2023 11:15

Topi

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

But they have less posts per page

Rod

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: August 25, 2023 11:28

Topi
Before you vomit, we don't know yet if Elton's even on there. Still not confirmed.

Ben Waters, Bill Wyman and Paul McCartney are all on record saying they're on it. (Or at least that they recorded with the Stones)

Elton guested on Ozzy's LP produced by Andrew Watt and I think also some Miley Cyrus song produced by him. So they already have a history of working together. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a case a well.

Date: August 25, 2023 11:32

Yeah, and wasn't it the guy who ran the studio (forget the name) that originally mentioned Elton and the Stones ?

What I'm saying it's been kinda quiet on that front. AFAIK there are no real media articles saying one way or the other as regards Elton's supposed part.

EDIT: oh yeah, here it is. Cristiano "broke the story" on here.

[iorr.org]
[www.musicradar.com]

Not the guy running the studio, but another musician, Neil Cowley. The studio he mentions is Metropolis Studios in London.

Story is from early February.

Bill Wyman specifically said he went to Metropolis Studios to record his bass part, so the location checks out.

But the funny thing here is Neil Cowley saying:

"Last week The Rolling Stones were in with Elton John and Bill Wyman was even back in the fold"

Bill himself said to Variety: "But I haven’t flown in decades, so I just went over to Metropolis Studios here in London and recorded my part" - doesn't say anything about the Stones actually having been there / him meeting them.

[variety.com]

So there's definitely some blanks to fill in here.

Were the Stones at Metropolis Studios in early February/late January? I don't seem to recall anything of the sort mentioned on IORR around that time.

And were they there with Elton?

Nico Zentgraf has Mick and Keith in the Bahamas in January, working on the album with Andrew Watt: [nzentgraf.de]

Nico also has a February entry with Keith commenting on good recording studios in a social media "Ask Keith" video, filmed in Parrot Cay.

Also, a January 27 article on Showbiz411.com, saying the Stones were in the Bahamas around that time. [iorr.org]:

"My sources tell me Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are right now in Nassau, The Bahamas, at the famed Sanctuary Studios, getting new songs down."

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-25 11:59 by Topi.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 25, 2023 11:55

micha063

It's well done.

That's what in early 2020 the Berlin newspaper Tagesspiegel thought too and wrote that a new song had been leaked - [iorr.org] . After showing them the creator's confession, they removed this part from their article.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 25, 2023 12:19

Two minute report on Stones Hackney Diamond -
Hackney Gazette article makes evening TV news down here .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: August 25, 2023 12:24

I was able to get hold of a copy of the gazette where the ad is in. smileys with beer

Date: August 25, 2023 12:36

bluenote
I was able to get hold of a copy of the gazette where the ad is in. smileys with beer

Nice haul!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-25 12:37 by Topi.

Re: Hackney Diamonds
Posted by: cyoe ()
Date: August 25, 2023 13:01

Hackney diamonds is slang for broken glass.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 25, 2023 13:04

I suspect there'll be few back copy requests for that one from the collectors amongst us !

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home