Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...101102103104105106107108109110111...LastNext
Current Page: 106 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 15, 2023 21:00

Hard for me to believe that either the tour or album depend on each other for a band like The Stones. Rumor has it that the album is done. Release it then tour whenever you can.

It might be nice and clean and pretty to title the new tour after the new album right when it comes out, but come on, does anybody really think they’re going to lose one dollar if it doesn’t happen like that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-15 21:02 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 15, 2023 21:30

Stonesfan2146
Shouldn't there be some rumors about the fall tour at this point if they wanna announce early May, for an early September start?

Latest rumor is that there won't be a tour this year.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 15, 2023 23:20

bye bye johnny
Stonesfan2146
Shouldn't there be some rumors about the fall tour at this point if they wanna announce early May, for an early September start?

[iorr.org]
I agree if they announce early May there should be some rumours of cities they could go but nothing and it’s now mid April. Does not look good.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 15, 2023 23:34

babyblue
bye bye johnny
Stonesfan2146

[iorr.org]
I agree if they announce early May there should be some rumours of cities they could go but nothing and it’s now mid April. Does not look good.

The tour could be announced in June, three months before a September show and that will be enough time. Just look at the older tour announcements dates. They are on average 3 to 4 months before the start.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: April 16, 2023 01:07

They're probably waiting for the NFL schedule to be released, which should be end of April early May .

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: April 16, 2023 02:17

Exactly. NFL schedule drops in three weeks give or take a few days. Stones may already be in negotiations with some of these stadiums but waiting for final and public confirmation of availability based upon the NFL.

Since most, but not all, of these stadiums house an NFL team, those teams have first priority on use of facility. As has been written before, Stones need nearly an entire week of availability to use the stadiums. NFL requires when a team is playing in their home stadium it must be available to the teams a minimum of two or three days prior to the game as well. Makes for tricky scheduling.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 16, 2023 02:44

NFL Football schedule was released last year on May 12.

Madison square Las Vegas sphere also released dates for the film they are showing. A number of the weekends are going to u2 but still have some open dates like around formula 1 in November. I think its an arena level 17,500+ place they would just have to show up at like Hard Rock Florida if the don't go the full tour route.
[www.thespherevegas.com]

Date: April 16, 2023 03:03

That makes sense. Certainly the Stones are waiting for the dates just like we are. It's good to know that there are only a few weeks left until the NFL schedule is confirmed. The first rumored date was in Chicago for June 30 [iorr.org], later when the tour was postponed the insider let us know that there were complications in negotiating with the Bears [iorr.org], so the Stones/NFL schedule must be a big factor. After the NFL confirmation, it will be easier to schedule the new tour and be able to announce it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-16 03:15 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 16, 2023 03:27

babyblue
bye bye johnny
Stonesfan2146

[iorr.org]

Hoping that Bjornulf will eventually give his thoughts on this latest rumor...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 16, 2023 06:47

welshphil
They're probably waiting for the NFL schedule to be released, which should be end of April early May .

It's already been decided most likely - and Stones people are already in touch most likely.

The 2023 schedule doesn't come out until May. Whatever venues stand to make a lot more money with the Stones than their team so...

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: April 16, 2023 08:34

Was just watching a recent interview with Metallica on Kimmel. Their next tour will consist of two nights in the same city with different setlists for each night. This seems like a good idea and will probably be very successful. Any chance the Stones would consider such an idea? Both nights would most likely sell out and it would require less traveling.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 16, 2023 09:06

There will be no tour this year unfortunately. This is the info from reliable sources.

Too much activity this fall, hard to get a rescheduled tour ready on such a short notice.

Bjornulf

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: April 16, 2023 09:14

bv
There will be no tour this year unfortunately. This is the info from reliable sources.

Too much activity this fall, hard to get a rescheduled tour ready on such a short notice.

That’s unfortunate; not a huge surprise, though, sadly.

Thanks for the info BV.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 16, 2023 09:20

bv

As every year passes it gets more difficult to organise a major Stones tour. The risk of someone not being fit and also issues mid-tour like we had in 2022. Delays, especially mid-tour, are expensive and hard to manage even with the best people in your team.

I wonder who decided this year couldn't be done? Insurers? Management? the Band members? the Promoters? the venues?

I'm afraid it will be more difficult next year, so Berlin could, sadly, be the last show.

Posted by: angieburden ()
Date: April 16, 2023 09:23

At least it will give them all time to heal up and enjoy their families.

We love our boys and at least we will know they will be safe and healthy.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: April 16, 2023 10:19

Hopefully we do see them again live, 18 months on or so (since August 2022) is a significant period of time. There's so many acts on tour this year in USA and Europe, and none of them get close to even this version of the Rolling Stones live (still so good last year).
Roll on the album, which surely will be released in September.

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: April 16, 2023 10:40

Thank you for that info, BV. Very unfortunate indeed. Best of all to them!

Do you know, if this will affect the timing of the release of the new album this year?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 16, 2023 10:43

Bummer.

But deep down we all knew it might end this way.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: April 16, 2023 11:09

They may tour next year or they may not. They may surprise us with a special show or two. They don't owe us anything. I'm not really expecting to see them again, but who knows? One thing's for sure - it's been a blast all the way.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 16, 2023 11:59

Yeah, I think it’s over.just a gut feeling, we might see a couple of showcase sort of gigs but it seems when Charlie passed that ended The Rolling Stones.
Sadly it reminds me of when Keith Moon died, I saw The Who exactly one time afterwards and never went again.
And they were really good just as the Stones were with Steve Jordan,but it’s just not that ….. I don’t have a word for it.that feel, that vibe.
One hell of a ride though wasn’t it.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 16, 2023 12:16

Let's not be so pessimistic here. They came back in great shape after two years of the pandemic and they will come back this time with a new album.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 16, 2023 12:24

That’s difficult news to break to a hopeful crowd - thanks, Bjornulf, for always giving us reliable info.

Posted by: Davie137 ()
Date: April 16, 2023 12:34

Has anything like this happened in the past? Does it always have to be all or nothing with the Stones with regards to big tours etc?

Date: April 16, 2023 12:41

The Rolling Stones are not a solo act. They do all need to be fit and ready. Also, they need to rehearse for a month, may be more, if they have been off the road for a year or more. Then they rely on the best backing musicians in the world, Chuck, Matt, Darryl, Bernard, Tim, Carl, Sasha, Steve.

They have always used the same crew on tour. world class leaders in sound, lights, security, may be they have a few changes, but it have been mostly the same people every tour for as long as I remember. A great crew, the best. Also, they have used the largest venues across the world.

I know they had been working on the original 2023 summer tour dates for a long time, for months. It would have been such a great tour, with shows in Glendale, Boston, Denver, Ridgedale, Chicago, Seattle, Vancouver, Cleveland, Edmonton, San Francisco and more, such a great summer tour. Booking crew, stadiums, hotels, travel, it is hard work. Then rescheduling it all might have been theoretically possible, like in 2019 and 2021, but this year, so many bands are on tour post pandemic, it was a tough puzzle. I don't think they were ready to replace key people, just to get the same venues working later this year.

Miami FL August 30, 2019 was the last live show with Charlie Watts. Berlin Germany August 3, 2022 was the last live show with Mick, Keith, Ronnie and the rest of the band up to now. I am an optimist, I sure hope they will find a way to do another tour. Still, we all know there will be an end of their live performances at some point.

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-16 13:02 by bv.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 16, 2023 13:03

that's not what I would call 'good news'.
I hope I don't have to say that I've been to the last Stones show ever (Berlin up to now)

Date: April 16, 2023 13:16

That is indeed a shame, but totally understandable. We can only hope this does not mean the end of their touring career. I am sure they would prefer to end on a high (an even BIGGER bang)rather than having circumstances dictate.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 16, 2023 13:25

They are not going to tour because of "too much activity this fall"? What does that mean?

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: April 16, 2023 13:28

The problem (for us) is that they needed a tour to promote the new album, no tour no album this year, then?

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: April 16, 2023 13:30

Stoneage
They are not going to tour because of "too much activity this fall"? What does that mean?

Some bands use the same crew for stage building etc so I guess that’s the issue

Date: April 16, 2023 13:41

Stoneage

Please see my more detailed post above.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...101102103104105106107108109110111...LastNext
Current Page: 106 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home