Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at the El Mocambo
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: May 11, 2022 23:05

24FPS
Honestman
24FPS
...I think we're getting near the back of the vault, unless they're holding onto Knebworth, or Paris '76. A better version of Paris '67, or anywhere in Europe. A previously unknown tape of their American tour '66. I'm so grateful.

I would add one show from the always forgotten European Tour '70.

Is it really any different from the '69 American Tour? They weren't playing Sticky Fingers songs until '71, if I'm correct, although it appears that Dead Flowers was played regularly.

Dead Flowers, Brown Sugar, and two "new" Berry-songs. Totally different sound with of cource the horn section. That's something I'd say.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 11, 2022 23:09

I think there is still a lot of audio only stuff in the vault, there are quite a lot of shows that we know have been recorded. The problem in my opinion is that all those older concerts are on analog tapes and it's quite a process restoring and digitize them. They surely have transferred all the master tapes of their studio albums to digital archives but I don't think they have done in with every concert tape. So the question for them is if it's worth the financial effort. With this release they obviously thought it would as it's such a legendary show. Also engaged Clearmountain for mixing. But with other releases it could be they don't even break even. That's why I guess they prefer re-releasing those newer shows that have already been digitally recorded.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: May 11, 2022 23:48

Absolutely. In my opinion a world of difference, 69 and 70 tour. Both great, but different. And the 1970 tour is kinda forgotten.

S.T.P
24FPS
Honestman
24FPS
...I think we're getting near the back of the vault, unless they're holding onto Knebworth, or Paris '76. A better version of Paris '67, or anywhere in Europe. A previously unknown tape of their American tour '66. I'm so grateful.

I would add one show from the always forgotten European Tour '70.

Is it really any different from the '69 American Tour? They weren't playing Sticky Fingers songs until '71, if I'm correct, although it appears that Dead Flowers was played regularly.

Dead Flowers, Brown Sugar, and two "new" Berry-songs. Totally different sound with of cource the horn section. That's something I'd say.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: May 12, 2022 00:04

Really enjoy the show. Too bad it misses a few more hitsingles. Some songs i don’t really know.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 12, 2022 00:05

It would be interesting if Clearmountain could get any 1972show to sound as good as thisEl Mocambo release.I would love to hear the Texas or Philly shows approach this sound.El Mocambo is a great performance and the sound is great, like you are there live.I may be in the minority, but this blows away side3 sound wise of Love You live.I don’t care about the club sound is not there criticisms

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: May 12, 2022 00:07

gimme_shelter
Really enjoy the show. Too bad it misses a few more hitsingles. Some songs i don’t really know.

No Miss You!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 12, 2022 00:17

Mack Jigger
gimme_shelter
No Miss You!
Miss You May have been written at the time but was not yet recorded.See Billy Preston’s complaints about Miss You

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: May 12, 2022 00:20

Can I just say that this release is FAN-F..CKING-TASTIC?! Listening to it right now after all these years hoping for it to come out, is a bit emotional to be honest, but I love every track of it!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 12, 2022 01:00

Does anybody know why those particular four songs were included in Love You Live?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 12, 2022 01:09

StonedRambler
I think there is still a lot of audio only stuff in the vault, there are quite a lot of shows that we know have been recorded. The problem in my opinion is that all those older concerts are on analog tapes and it's quite a process restoring and digitize them. They surely have transferred all the master tapes of their studio albums to digital archives but I don't think they have done in with every concert tape. So the question for them is if it's worth the financial effort. With this release they obviously thought it would as it's such a legendary show. Also engaged Clearmountain for mixing. But with other releases it could be they don't even break even. That's why I guess they prefer re-releasing those newer shows that have already been digitally recorded.

i don't know about that cannot imagine mick just letting them rot

i can imagine the cassettes they made straight off the soundboard for there own personal listening pleasure may not be

but the professionally recorded tapes i would like to think have been or are being preserved in some way

then again maybe your right

and boy does the thought of all those 65-81 concert tapes rotting and fading away make me sadsad smiley

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 12, 2022 01:34

"Charlie is a Jazz Drummer!"

You can listen at the end of Worried Life Blues!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 12, 2022 01:43

rogerriffin

wow thanks

sounds great

this should have been on lyl

also the above link is to a mp3 of the complete performance of worried life blues on we transfer

in case anyone wanted to know

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 01:47 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: May 12, 2022 01:57

I'm looking forward to it. I've always loved Love You Live, so this will be fun to hear.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 12, 2022 03:00

I'm not looking forward to it, On opposite day...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 05:32 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 12, 2022 03:04

Mathijs
This is a truly, truly absolutely truly fantastic release! Spoilers now...

The sound is utterly fantastic, much drier than the previously four released tracks. The playing is FANTASTIC, nobody ever played better than this, Preston and Ollie Brown turn it into a party, and Jagger has never sung any better than on this release (in fact so good on Cracking Up that it could have been done in a studio back in the day...). They left a few of the overdubs as well, like Wood's second guitar in Cracking Up, a harmonica in Mannish Boy, and the first solo of Worried Life Blues.

I think this might be the best live release from the Stones. It even blows Ya Ya's out of the water....

Mathijs

I just got time for a run though most of it last night and its utterly outstanding. As good as Brussels 73? Maybe not, but if its not better than YaYas then it certainly has the balls to invite it outside for a good old fashioned punch up. Has Ronnie Wood ever played better on a Stones release?

Why on earth didnt this show make up ALL of the uneven 'Love You Live' album back in 1977?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 12, 2022 03:09

More ElMo treasure courtesy of PalaisRoyale…

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 12, 2022 04:01

Gazza
Mathijs

The sound is utterly fantastic, much drier than the previously four released tracks. The playing is FANTASTIC, nobody ever played better than this, Preston and Ollie Brown turn it into a party, and Jagger has never sung any better than on this release (in fact so good on Cracking Up that it could have been done in a studio back in the day...). They left a few of the overdubs as well, like Wood's second guitar in Cracking Up, a harmonica in Mannish Boy, and the first solo of Worried Life Blues.

I think this might be the best live release from the Stones. It even blows Ya Ya's out of the water....

Mathijs

I just got time for a run though most of it last night and its utterly outstanding. As good as Brussels 73? Maybe not, but if its not better than YaYas then it certainly has the balls to invite it outside for a good old fashioned punch up. Has Ronnie Wood ever played better on a Stones release?

Why on earth didnt this show make up ALL of the uneven 'Love You Live' album back in 1977?

I think they probably asked this very same question themselves after the lukewarm reviews and reactions from their fans after the release of "Love You Live" - usually praising the Mocambo side, but discarding the rest.

As it stands, a fatal artistic (and possibly even commercial) decision, even more so given the fact that up until the mid-70's, they were contractually hindered to release live recordings of songs that fell under their ABKCO contract (so-called "re-recording clause"). A full Mocambo release in 1977 could have rectified this sad situation that apart from YaYa's, no official live document of the Stones in their prime was available to the general public for many many years, to a large extent imo.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 12, 2022 05:29

Gazza
Mathijs

Mathijs

That is a good question. Can you imagine if this had been the release instead? Love You Live is pointless alongside El Mocambo. Maybe it didn't sound as good back then. We don't know what modern technology went into to make it sound as good as it does.

Date: May 12, 2022 09:08

24FPS

That is a good question. Can you imagine if this had been the release instead? Love You Live is pointless alongside El Mocambo. Maybe it didn't sound as good back then. We don't know what modern technology went into to make it sound as good as it does.
I always thought the El Mocambo tracks sounded the best on Love you live. I just think they made some very bad decisions in their career concerning live albums. Still Life being another example

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 09:08 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: May 12, 2022 10:54

rogerriffin

Thank you rogerriffin!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 12, 2022 11:01

Gazza
Mathijs

Mathijs

This is now Ronnie's defining moment with the Rolling Stones. Sensational playing.

Date: May 12, 2022 11:08

Favourites so far:

Hand Of Fate
Route 66
Crazy Mama
Dance Little Sister
Hot Stuff
Worried Life Blues
Jumpin' Jack Flash (a unique version!)
Melody

Fool To Cry is also great. Everything's great! Well, Luxury is hilarious grinning smiley

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 12, 2022 11:14

Crazy synths at the beginning of a loose Luxury

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 12, 2022 12:17

More Hot Rocks
Does anybody know why those particular four songs were included in Love You Live?

Interesting.
El Mocambo side was Keith's side

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 12, 2022 12:18

Gazza
Mathijs

Mathijs

Has Ronnie Wood ever played better on a Stones release?

Maybe at Fonda in 2015

Date: May 12, 2022 12:22

That Worried Life Blues sounds amazing, but I don't really notice a difference in mixing to what's already released. But not easy too compare since they play softer on that one.

What are your thoughts? Does the CD really sound different to the Spotify tracks?

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: May 12, 2022 13:11

Who is lead vocal on Worried life blues..Keef?

Date: May 12, 2022 13:19

ukcal
Who is lead vocal on Worried life blues..Keef?

Mick.

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: May 12, 2022 13:24

Let's Spend The Night Together

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: May 12, 2022 13:28

StonedRambler
That Worried Life Blues sounds amazing, but I don't really notice a difference in mixing to what's already released. But not easy too compare since they play softer on that one.

What are your thoughts? Does the CD really sound different to the Spotify tracks?

Worried Life Blues has been released before in this version??? I never heard of it, can you tell me something about it?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1952
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home