Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at El Mocambo to be released
Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 21, 2022 02:02

Having seen the Stones on Ed Sullivan when originally broadcast and having
listened to all their pre 1990 albums on vinyl I am a fan of the pre 1989 Stones.

They still put on a great concert post 1989 but there albums of that era are underwhelming for me.

Live, while I will listen to post 1989 concerts they are a little to slick an Vegas for me do prefer anthing 1982 and older.

The 1969 tour is the pinnacle for me so YaYa's is the ultimate live everything g is compared to but as has been said too each his own.

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: February 21, 2022 02:19

El Mocambo! If real news - amazing - it does deserve it's moment. Always loved that side and the boot.

Random thoughts:

Love You Live - the version of Happy on there is one of my faves

Voodoo lounge - that was an exciting time when they came back and did that - great show at Giants Stadium - the Not Fade Away opener was worth the price of the ticket.

video: [www.youtube.com]

When Mick popped up from the trap door I was like holy crap - they are still awesome!

Emotional Rescue - one thing that I think needs to be pointed out for ER is that it is a very minimal album for the time - it is not over produced and the guitars are very present - I think that is why it gets the love - I always loop it together with TY & SG - into a playlist of the moment. Shes So Cold and Let Me Go both have such great simple riffs - different vibe from what else was playing on the radio.
I remember making a sandwich in the kitchen the first time I heard emotional Rescue that summer. When Mick came on and said "I will be your knight in shining armor coming to your emotional rescue" I just thought damn, now that is how you get a girl.

Undercover - She Was Hot - that song speaks to every male in the world - that album should have more of these types of tracks.
UnderCover as a track had too much of a YES "owner of a lonely heart" vibe but it made sense for the remix in a club if you had to be played next to New Order "Blue Monday".

Stripped - this seemed like a bonus time - I happened to be in London at the time of the Brixton Show and I was like - 1994 in NJ was so good - I think I'll say that is it for me. To hear all those tracks on stripped was so great - so much stuff from the Voodoo Lounge period to now that is ripe for picking and all well recorded.

Right now it is all about archive conservation and what needs attention. The Mocambo tapes need to be taken care of as does everything that was not given care.
Bowies estate has been doing a great job of addressing every period. Hopefully the stones are doing this. Bowie saw it as an investment to take care of his family. Mick is probably all over this he just is keeping it cool. All of these recordings are money and he is a great at keeping track of this kind of financial stuff.
I don't think they will abandon any investments like this - it is just about timing now as their market is disappearing so perhaps they will start releasing, Charlie may be in the back of their minds now more than ever egging them on.

~ Soundboard

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 21, 2022 02:20

VoodooLounge13
Rip This
24FPS
VoodooLounge13
I guess I'm a bit baffled here by many of the live releases held in such high regard around these parts, but again, it all comes down to a matter of personal taste. I don't think Ya-Ya's deserves the high praise that it does, and most certainly I don't think Love You Live even needs to be listened to more than a couple of times. I can't usually stand to get thru it, due to the poor sound of it all. I'm going to have to dig it out again, because for the life of me I don't know why anyone would be ecstatic about this one....Baffled.

I was thinking that too, to dig it out and see if my mind changes about the non-El Mocambo sides. I thought it was a letdown in '77 when I bought it, and only liked Side 3. As for Ya-Yas, it's my second favorite live album of all time, right behind Band of Gypsys, and right ahead of the Allman Brothers at the Fillmore East.

OMG I couldn't disagree more.....EL Mocambo is like a personal and intimate love letter from the greatest Rn R band in the world to their fans....how can you not feel like you are instantly transported into the smallest club witnessing the most intimate show....powerful....alive.....dripping with energy...you feel lucky to be there. I want more of that magic. Bring it!

That's how I feel about the Stripped performances.

El Mocambo is way more disarming though. They're clowning around, having fun. An expanded should have been released ages ago.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 21, 2022 02:23

soundboard

UnderCover as a track had too much of a YES "owner of a lonely heart" vibe but it made sense for the remix in a club if you had to be played next to New Order "Blue Monday".

~ Soundboard

That made me laugh. I totally disagree, but that was quite funny.

Date: February 21, 2022 02:30

It was tough for these guys to hang with the newbies and 12" remix market was nuts!

I may be thinking about the Undercover 12" club mix

video: [www.youtube.com]

Listening again it is for sure better than the YES 12" track

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 21, 2022 02:31

"El Mocambo is way more disarming though. They're clowning around, having fun. An expanded should have been released ages ago."

Agree 1000%!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-21 02:37 by soundboard.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 21, 2022 04:59

Don't get me wrong - I love all incarnations of the Stones, with each of their guitarists. I just think that the latter day version - 90's thru Licks saw what I would call the band have a nice little renaissance period. Bang has some good tunes on it, and I did listen to it for a solid 6 months straight over and over and over when it came, but Mick's enunciation, almost predictable rhyme scheme, and mostly lack of deep lyrics really have aged it badly. Rough Justice I think is a Stones modern classic. BOMH, Driving Too Fast, Let Me Down Slow, Don't Wanna Go Home are all great as well. But B2B it is not.

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: February 21, 2022 12:53

Love You Live is a Stones live classic. All 4 sides.

Sides 1, 2 & 4..... capture the Stones in their mid-70s pomp with a band inc Billy n Olly, to produce their dirrtiest n heaviest sound.

From the first chord of Honky Tonk, to If You Cant Rock Me, Hot Stuff, Star Star, Dice, Fingerprint (amazing live), to IORR, amongst many others, and closing with the last time they did Sympathy with a true loose swagger n swing...its classic 70s rock n'roll !!

Side 3.... El Mocambo, its all been said very eloquently already....it is obviously completely different to the other sides, but with the same line up, showing their incredible talent and versatility to produce some of the finest recorded live tracks The Stones put on vinyl.

An El Mocambo full gig would be amazing, so a BIG YES PLEASE from me

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 21, 2022 14:53

VoodooLounge13
24FPS
It's interesting to read people who came to the Stones late in the party. They don't hear what long time fans hear. Which is fine. Except for the radio singles in the 60s, I wasn't aware of the group's album cuts until later. Personally I consider the group as a meaningful studio creature to have ended with Steel Wheels. Everything after was below their previous output. But come on, that was almost thirty years. Bill took one of the three legs of the rhythm stool with him.

I can't imagine my Stones listening to have begun with Voodoo Lounge. It would be like catching onto Duke Ellington in the 50s, unaware of his 20s, 30s, and 40s masterpieces. In fact the Stones and Ellington are very similar. A golden era, followed by years of touring the hits around the world.

Actually, I knew a lot of the Stones singles from the Oldies channel growing up and just didn't know that they were theirs. To give a quick summation of my intro, which has been done in other threads over the years:

I came into them in '89 at 13. Mixed Emotions single and video was the first I'd seen of them on MTV. Same year The London Years came out, and I got that for xmas. But I was allowed to keep it in my bedroom unopened until closer to xmas. Was with my mom when she bought it, so I was able to read and study the song selections on the back, and then I'd hear other songs on the radio - Monkey Man comes to mind and realized that that one wasn't on there and I couldn't figure out why, as I had thought that that box was a definitive collection of all their singles. I had just gotten into my own music in '87 while in 6th grade, and it all started out with Whitesnake's Here I Go Again. That was the first cassette I ever bought. Soon after I got into AC/DC and all sorts of other music on the radio stations then. A lot of Hair Metal. Mostly hair metal actually - Kiss, Metallica, Ozzy would all come much much later. Flashpoint came, and I thought it was great. Long long wait til VL came out and to me, it blew AWAY SW, hands down. As a teenager of 18 with barely manageable hormones, it resonated in a way that not even the AC/DC stuff could. Between SW and VL, I picked up a cassette of IORR cheap, and figured I'd love it too, but alas I was greatly disappointed - so much so that I would later on sell the tape in a secondhand shop.

At this point, The Beatles were still my favorite band, and would remain so until I saw the boys live for the first time in '97 when they completely blew me away. Looking back, over half of that setlist I didn't know at the time, but it caused me to go back and dive into the back catalog more. The first CD I got was SF, because much of the unknown songs from that first concert seemed to be on there. I loved it!!! Still do. Actually, to me, if I were to introduce someone to ONE Stones record, it would be Sticky Fingers. To me, it is THE quintessential Stones album. Has it all - blues, rock, country, ballads, lyrics, controversy, a gritty dirtiness and that star on the guitar. The album is everything that makes the Rolling Stones THE Rolling Stones. Then I picked up some others - Let It Bleed, Flowers, Some Girls. Loved them all. From there, I don't remember, but I kept going until I had all of em.

To this day several of my favorite songs from the 60's are deep album cuts that would only be known to the true fans: Back Street Girl, Blue Turns To Grey, Flight 505, Fortune Teller, My Obsession, Out Of Time, Poison Ivy, Jiving Sister Fanny, Sittin On A Fence, Take It Or Leave It, Ride On Baby, Yesterday's Papers. It's true that my first introduction into the band of their early stuff was thru the singles on The London Years, so then I really went backwards thru the albums. Flowers to this day remains one of my favorites of theirs, and it was a little while before I realized that that wasn't an album, but a compilation. It just has so many great songs that I love.

It took me a long time to get into EOMS. I just couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. It sounded murky and ya can't understand wtf Mick's saying half the time, but in time, I grew to appreciate it for the great album that it is. I just happen to think that they have a couple albums better is all. Nothing wrong with that. My top 3 would be Voodoo, Sticky, Goats. Anything thereafter is subject to change on any given day.

I don't get the love that ER and U get, as those two are throwaways for me really - couple decent tracks on each, but that's about it, and I'm glad we didn't get anything more in those veins. DW is a much, much better album than it gets credit for, and over time, I've come to look less favorably on SG - at least I don't listen to it as much as I once did. I think I prefer the funk of B&B to it, really.

We each have our own personal tastes and that's what makes the world go round. To each their own. I prefer the US Aftermath. Doesn't make me a bad person. Just a different appreciation. Together we all love the same thing.

seriously with your opinions on there music your like a unicorn

you might have one of the single most radical non conforming views on there music of anyone on here

and to touch back on ronnie for a sec

if you haven't heard slide on this live go listen to ronnie's version of pretty beat up

one of my favorites from any solo stones performance

as for me i really found the stones about 17 years after you i was 16 and it was my mom's very worn childhood mono copies of flowers and between the buttons that hooked me

recorded them to cassette and took them to school to listen to while i worked

and then i bought my first stones album a bigger bang and loved it and still do

probably not in the majority on that one either

and as for what i don't like well...

not much i just love all there music i'm easy

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 21, 2022 15:06

Let Bob Clearmountain mix it

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 21, 2022 16:05

Keith's guitar tone at El Mocambo is fantastic (LoveYouLive). It is warm, thick, great dynamics. IF I had to name a perfect R&R guitar sound that would be Keith at El Mocambo. I remember listening to LYL in 1977 especially the 3rd side and being blown away by Keith's performance. Not flashing, just perfect.And knowing the pressure Keith was on, he deserves all the respect that he has received for being a musician rocking for the music.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 21, 2022 16:11

rollmops
knowing the pressure Keith was on, he deserves all the respect that he has received for being a musician rocking for the music.

Mops

thumbs up Aren't they at their best when they're under tremendous pressure or labeled "finished" (late '67 they were basically written-off and look what they did in 68...).
On a much minor level, the 1989 comeback (new album + sold-out world tour) is of the same order.

Date: February 21, 2022 16:56

jigsaw69
Love You Live is a Stones live classic. All 4 sides.

Sides 1, 2 & 4..... capture the Stones in their mid-70s pomp with a band inc Billy n Olly, to produce their dirrtiest n heaviest sound.

From the first chord of Honky Tonk, to If You Cant Rock Me, Hot Stuff, Star Star, Dice, Fingerprint (amazing live), to IORR, amongst many others, and closing with the last time they did Sympathy with a true loose swagger n swing...its classic 70s rock n'roll !!

Side 3.... El Mocambo, its all been said very eloquently already....it is obviously completely different to the other sides, but with the same line up, showing their incredible talent and versatility to produce some of the finest recorded live tracks The Stones put on vinyl.

An El Mocambo full gig would be amazing, so a BIG YES PLEASE from me

OK so I'm actually listening to it right now, and yes side 3 is completely different. The whole sense of energy is completely gone to me. I think that it actually detracts from the other 3 sides. I understand what everyone means by the Stones at their peak, with all that swagger. And I understand why folks also don't like the modern Stones, because they are a corporation now. I came to love the band for that rebellious nature they had, and it's long, long gone now. It is a well oiled machine, and I look back to even those tours of '97, '99, and '02, and man, even then how varied the setlists were compared to these days. LYL does capture them in their prime. I'd love to get the 25x5 concert as an official release - I hope that's correct. I remember watching a concert on tv back around '93, and I'd say it was from the '81 tour??? I just remember the band sitting around the stage at times drinking Jack straight from the bottle! LOL That's a show that deserves to be released!!!

Date: February 21, 2022 17:07

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-21 17:07 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: February 21, 2022 17:09

ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13
24FPS
It's interesting to read people who came to the Stones late in the party. They don't hear what long time fans hear. Which is fine. Except for the radio singles in the 60s, I wasn't aware of the group's album cuts until later. Personally I consider the group as a meaningful studio creature to have ended with Steel Wheels. Everything after was below their previous output. But come on, that was almost thirty years. Bill took one of the three legs of the rhythm stool with him.

I can't imagine my Stones listening to have begun with Voodoo Lounge. It would be like catching onto Duke Ellington in the 50s, unaware of his 20s, 30s, and 40s masterpieces. In fact the Stones and Ellington are very similar. A golden era, followed by years of touring the hits around the world.

Actually, I knew a lot of the Stones singles from the Oldies channel growing up and just didn't know that they were theirs. To give a quick summation of my intro, which has been done in other threads over the years:

I came into them in '89 at 13. Mixed Emotions single and video was the first I'd seen of them on MTV. Same year The London Years came out, and I got that for xmas. But I was allowed to keep it in my bedroom unopened until closer to xmas. Was with my mom when she bought it, so I was able to read and study the song selections on the back, and then I'd hear other songs on the radio - Monkey Man comes to mind and realized that that one wasn't on there and I couldn't figure out why, as I had thought that that box was a definitive collection of all their singles. I had just gotten into my own music in '87 while in 6th grade, and it all started out with Whitesnake's Here I Go Again. That was the first cassette I ever bought. Soon after I got into AC/DC and all sorts of other music on the radio stations then. A lot of Hair Metal. Mostly hair metal actually - Kiss, Metallica, Ozzy would all come much much later. Flashpoint came, and I thought it was great. Long long wait til VL came out and to me, it blew AWAY SW, hands down. As a teenager of 18 with barely manageable hormones, it resonated in a way that not even the AC/DC stuff could. Between SW and VL, I picked up a cassette of IORR cheap, and figured I'd love it too, but alas I was greatly disappointed - so much so that I would later on sell the tape in a secondhand shop.

At this point, The Beatles were still my favorite band, and would remain so until I saw the boys live for the first time in '97 when they completely blew me away. Looking back, over half of that setlist I didn't know at the time, but it caused me to go back and dive into the back catalog more. The first CD I got was SF, because much of the unknown songs from that first concert seemed to be on there. I loved it!!! Still do. Actually, to me, if I were to introduce someone to ONE Stones record, it would be Sticky Fingers. To me, it is THE quintessential Stones album. Has it all - blues, rock, country, ballads, lyrics, controversy, a gritty dirtiness and that star on the guitar. The album is everything that makes the Rolling Stones THE Rolling Stones. Then I picked up some others - Let It Bleed, Flowers, Some Girls. Loved them all. From there, I don't remember, but I kept going until I had all of em.

To this day several of my favorite songs from the 60's are deep album cuts that would only be known to the true fans: Back Street Girl, Blue Turns To Grey, Flight 505, Fortune Teller, My Obsession, Out Of Time, Poison Ivy, Jiving Sister Fanny, Sittin On A Fence, Take It Or Leave It, Ride On Baby, Yesterday's Papers. It's true that my first introduction into the band of their early stuff was thru the singles on The London Years, so then I really went backwards thru the albums. Flowers to this day remains one of my favorites of theirs, and it was a little while before I realized that that wasn't an album, but a compilation. It just has so many great songs that I love.

It took me a long time to get into EOMS. I just couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. It sounded murky and ya can't understand wtf Mick's saying half the time, but in time, I grew to appreciate it for the great album that it is. I just happen to think that they have a couple albums better is all. Nothing wrong with that. My top 3 would be Voodoo, Sticky, Goats. Anything thereafter is subject to change on any given day.

I don't get the love that ER and U get, as those two are throwaways for me really - couple decent tracks on each, but that's about it, and I'm glad we didn't get anything more in those veins. DW is a much, much better album than it gets credit for, and over time, I've come to look less favorably on SG - at least I don't listen to it as much as I once did. I think I prefer the funk of B&B to it, really.

We each have our own personal tastes and that's what makes the world go round. To each their own. I prefer the US Aftermath. Doesn't make me a bad person. Just a different appreciation. Together we all love the same thing.

seriously with your opinions on there music your like a unicorn

you might have one of the single most radical non conforming views on there music of anyone on here

and to touch back on ronnie for a sec

if you haven't heard slide on this live go listen to ronnie's version of pretty beat up

one of my favorites from any solo stones performance

as for me i really found the stones about 17 years after you i was 16 and it was my mom's very worn childhood mono copies of flowers and between the buttons that hooked me

recorded them to cassette and took them to school to listen to while i worked

and then i bought my first stones album a bigger bang and loved it and still do

probably not in the majority on that one either

and as for what i don't like well...

not much i just love all there music i'm easy

A unicorn LOL. I like that!! drinking smiley I actually get a bit more radical - Angie and Beast of Burden are actually 2 of my least favorite Stones songs, along with the previously mentioned MAWGJ, which is the ONLY song of theirs that I actually skip, I think so little of it. I also don't look forward to Rambler in concert and think it over-hyped. Given the choice, I'd take Shelter every day of the week over it. Every show needs to have JJF, BS, and Sympathy - what they play besides those staples, I really don't care LOL Though it's always nice to get some songs not heard before.

I do have Slide On Live too, and yes, Pretty Beat Up on there is sublime!! Actually stellar. I also prefer Keef's live version of Locked Away to the studio one - another killer live cut.

I guess I have to be in the mood to dig out the early 60's albums. They have their place for sure, but coming at them the way I did, the singles are what I mostly listen to - I guess it's kind of like today's music?! Weird now that I think about it. Flowers and Between the Buttons and Aftermath are perhaps the 3 most played I'd say.

ABB is a solid effort for a band at that point in time. I just wish Mick didn't put so much effort into his singing. Look at Eazy Sleazy for instance - a song many don't care for because of its simplicity, but really I think it is great, and there's no over-emphasizing anywhere. If we could get a whole album of that sort of vocals, I'd be thrilled.

B&L is good, but again, I think the Stones other blues songs are better. To me, it's almost too polished a sound. There are some good covers on there, but again, they're covers, and I don't really hear the band making the songs their own for the most part. Think Love In Vain, Mannish Boy. And their own blues songs - BOMH, Fancy Man Blues, Cook Cook Blues. Man that is great stuff. I really WANT to rank it as high as a lot do around here, but IDK I think it falls just a bit short.

I do think they need a new producer for sure. Enough with Was already. Time for some fresh energy. And some of the bonus tracks have been absolutely astounding. Criss Cross is by far my fave and I love the video - I watch it constantly, because I saw there is nudity in it, but it goes too fast. The song though....damn how has that been locked away all these years?!?!?!? I also really enjoy their version of Drift Away, which again, I feel they made their own. I love the piano version of So Young and Petrol Blues.

The Vault releases have been nice to have, but many of them I really don't listen to all that much, for some reason. Perhaps I need to go back and give them all another whirl.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 21, 2022 17:13

VoodooLounge13

The Vault releases have been nice to have, but many of them I really don't listen to all that much, for some reason. Perhaps I need to go back and give them all another whirl.

As with most artists, I feel like they all missed the boat on it. And I get why, things got easier to release in the last 10 years or so, but these would have made the most impact in the 90s or early 2000s. I think once everyone started doing it it flooded the market and then a lot of people never really listened to any of them. Just too much other stuff out there. I feel this was the same with the Stones, Springsteen, etc. They missed the true moment where they were concerts people would cherish and now just seem like doubling back to get it out but I've only heard most once or twice even though they are fantastic. It just doesn't print on my mind like stuff did when I was younger.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 21, 2022 17:34

Was the gig at The Marquee in 1971 the last club show (500 persons) they did before the 1977 El Mocambo shows?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: February 21, 2022 18:19

Consider "Love You Live" expanded to three LPs:

LP One (and two in a gatefold sleeve).
Side 1; same as the original
Side 2; same as the original

LP Two.
Side 3; addition of 3-5 songs recorded live in Paris or wherever for the original release
Side 4; same as the original

^^^This would complete a an approximation of a '75-'76 show THEN, IN THE SAME PACKAGE:

LP Three in its own single, newly designed, LP sleeve.
Side 5; 4-5 additional El Macambo tracks
Side 6; same as the original (El Macambo, side three of 1977 release)

BOTH THE the 2LP and the single El Mac then slide into a "master" slip case for the whole shebang.

I think this would be the salute the long underrated "Love You Live" deserves.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 21, 2022 18:28

I think being in a small club is what helps El Mocambo. I'm not a fan of latter day live Stones recordings, but the compression of playing Sticky Fingers at the small Echo Plex in L.A. gave it a jolt the big stadium sound doesn't have. The essence of the Stones is the ultimate bar band in a packed, throbbing club.

Posted by: INDIANO ()
Date: February 21, 2022 18:52

Ok, in my opinion we are going a bit off topic, we discuss something else when the real question is whether the source is reliable, what matters is whether El Mocambo will have an official version or not, then we can unleash discussions , we have news if whoever posted the news is reliable ?

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: February 21, 2022 19:13

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 21, 2022 19:44

24FPS
I think being in a small club is what helps El Mocambo. I'm not a fan of latter day live Stones recordings, but the compression of playing Sticky Fingers at the small Echo Plex in L.A. gave it a jolt the big stadium sound doesn't have. The essence of the Stones is the ultimate bar band in a packed, throbbing club.

actually it was the fonda theatre in 2015

echoplex was in 2013

but i get what you mean

wish they had done that with tattoo you last year

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 21, 2022 19:48

The Margaret Trudeau gigs.Amazing how Mick put up with her and still put on great shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-21 19:48 by Taylor1.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: February 21, 2022 20:37

I'm pretty sure Maggie T was 'palling about' with Woody....

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 21, 2022 21:36

TIRED

I didn't want to make the joke but since you posted some pics...
Ok let's go : grinning smiley

I hope Keith will be airbrushed from the artwork cos in 77 he looked like a walking corpse. A casual punter might be repelled by the sight of the legendary guiartist in his "March'77" (dis)incarnation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-23 22:09 by dcba.

Posted by: Freebird1959 ()
Date: February 21, 2022 22:23

INDIANO
Ok, in my opinion we are going a bit off topic, we discuss something else when the real question is whether the source is reliable, what matters is whether El Mocambo will have an official version or not, then we can unleash discussions , we have news if whoever posted the news is reliable ?

Totally agree. Let's wait and see...............

Date: February 21, 2022 23:22

ProfessorWolf
24FPS

actually it was the fonda theatre in 2015

echoplex was in 2013

but i get what you mean

wish they had done that with tattoo you last year

Yeah, thanks. I couldn't get tickets to either gig. Of course they rehearsed for those tours not far from me.

Date: February 21, 2022 23:23

dcba
TIRED

I didn't want to make the joke but since you posted some pics...
Ok let's go : grinning smiley

I hope Keith will be airbrushed from the artwork cos in 77 he looked like a walking corpse. A casual punter might be repelled by the sight of the legendary guiartist in his "March'77" (dis)incarnation.

Keith? Looks like they already airbrushed one-fifth of the band, Bill Wyman.

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: February 21, 2022 23:27

RollingFreak
VoodooLounge13

As with most artists, I feel like they all missed the boat on it. And I get why, things got easier to release in the last 10 years or so, but these would have made the most impact in the 90s or early 2000s. I think once everyone started doing it it flooded the market and then a lot of people never really listened to any of them. Just too much other stuff out there. I feel this was the same with the Stones, Springsteen, etc. They missed the true moment where they were concerts people would cherish and now just seem like doubling back to get it out but I've only heard most once or twice even though they are fantastic. It just doesn't print on my mind like stuff did when I was younger.

It is true!! they took a long time to get things live from the vaults!
I wish they had been released 20 years earlier! today both hampton or atlantic city i heard them twice

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: February 21, 2022 23:32

INDIANO

What a bar owner says is not reliable!
I remember that he also said that the Deluxe Goat's Head Soup went on sale on a certain day, and it was all a lie!
maybe he does it to get some kind of publicity among the fans.
After all, it's a seedy bar.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1226
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home