Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Genius, The Legacy
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: December 9, 2021 13:24

Right, I've had a gutsfull of Disrespect toward's Men over or nearing 80,

The sheer determination, commitment, effort, love & Class in pulling this off is by my count, Untouchable.

We have witnessed Greatness

Re: The Genius, The Legacy
Date: December 9, 2021 13:34

<I've had a gutsfull of Disrespect toward's Men over or nearing 80,>

Why?

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: December 9, 2021 13:39

?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 9, 2021 19:33

Damn! I thought this was a thread about me.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 9, 2021 19:40

DandelionPowderman

Why?

I think if he takes the "Dis" off, it makes sense. Prolly an error.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 9, 2021 21:51

SKILLS
Right, I've had a gutsfull of Disrespect toward's Men over or nearing 80,

The sheer determination, commitment, effort, love & Class in pulling this off is by my count, Untouchable.

We have witnessed Greatness

i mean you could rename the thread "stop the ageism" or something

the current title is sorta confusing

at first i thought someone had died

as far as the "ageism" your describing (i assume towards bill mostly) if i'm reading the member introduction page right most of our members are in or nearing there 60's so i don't think that's what we're seeing here

but of ageism and disrespecting older people
in general

i find it disturbing as a millennial seeing people of my generation and younger being dismissive and disrespectful of older people and there opinions and feelings

and rejecting them outright when they attempt to share there lived experiences (wisdom)

i for one try to show some respect to my elders even if i disagree with them

Posted by: erad ()
Date: December 9, 2021 22:56

Respect is earned, and should not automatically be given because of some outdated notion of 'respect your elders' whether they are worthy of said respect or not.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 9, 2021 23:09

erad
Respect is earned, and should not automatically be given because of some outdated notion of 'respect your elders' whether they are worthy of said respect or not.

Right on. I respect some kids more than adults. You get old because you have avoided death, not because of some kind of real accomplishment. That said, here in the US, it seems many do not appreciate and listen to some older folks that do deserve respect.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: December 9, 2021 23:51

There is something wrong about this topic

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 9, 2021 23:57

There's no fool, like an old fool. And I am getting old.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 10, 2021 00:23

erad

not what i meant

i meant not dismissing and disrespecting someone because of there age in way that you wouldn't to someone who is younger

showing a certain level of respect to others is something you should just do until they've proven they deserve more or less

i'm not saying someone deserves more respect just because of there age just not less because of it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-10 00:25 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 10, 2021 01:18

Offbeat topic for sure. Respect cuts all ways for all ages. It's something you earn depending upon your character and how you deal with others. When I worked as a high school teacher I had more respect for some of my students and who and what they were than I had for some of my fellow teachers who were just putting in the time. Same idea when I was in the military. Some newly commissioned second lieutenant or similar would demand respect because they were "an officer". I would simply reply "With all due respect, sir, respect is earned, not given simply because one has a position or title". I've held the same thought toward people I have worked for, the suits, the bosses, administrators, y'all know what I mean. Regarding the idea of aging, it sure as hell beats the alternative. Regarding getting old, the late Bette Davis said it well - "Getting old is not for sissies".
Her words, not mine. Regarding aging, the late John Prine had something to say.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: December 10, 2021 01:33

I thought this was a thread about Lanny Poffo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1971
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home