Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 23, 2021 23:47

jumpingjackflash5, your monotonous boom boom boom cutting through the thread every two or three posts
is really tiresome, especially when you start busily planning what the band must/should/can do.
Let go of their ears – they know what they're doing.

I'm happy people enjoyed the show; that's what it was for.

If it was hard for us to see photos of that final bow, how hard was it for them to somehow go out there and do it.
Blessings and strength and courage on the Rolling Stones, all of them, for good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-23 23:59 by with sssoul.

Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 24, 2021 01:39

So, if they like to end it this way, it is their choice. I am not sure if they are doing themselves a favor.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 24, 2021 01:57

windmelody
So, if they like to end it this way, it is their choice. I am not sure if they are doing themselves a favor.

To paraphrase Bernard- "Who says it's ending"?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 24, 2021 02:02

here is all the silent footage and pictures that lien point out (thanks by the way)

we

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: September 24, 2021 02:11

Rocktiludrop
It's so strange to just see three Stones taking a bow, that really hit me.

Totally agree - that shot got to me.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 24, 2021 03:32

Is Mick wearing a wig????[i.postimg.cc]

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-24 03:45 by ROPENI.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 24, 2021 03:39

ROPENI
Is Mick wearing a wig????

If so it's a nice looking one, but I heard from someone in the know he had hair plugs transplanted into his scalp quite a few years ago.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 24, 2021 04:21

MisterDDDD
windmelody

This feels like the end. Just a feeling. They will push this too far and it will be tragic or embarrassing.

Date: September 24, 2021 06:57

with sssoul
jumpingjackflash5, your monotonous boom boom boom cutting through the thread every two or three posts
is really tiresome, especially when you start busily planning what the band must/should/can do.
Let go of their ears – they know what they're doing.

I'm happy people enjoyed the show; that's what it was for.

If it was hard for us to see photos of that final bow, how hard was it for them to somehow go out there and do it.
Blessings and strength and courage on the Rolling Stones, all of them, for good.

I thought this forum is for discussing things. I post in appropriate threads only. I react to the others and express my opinions. Just for your calmness, I shall probably post much less in the future.
In the past many bands struggled to handle such a big loss no matter how "well the knew that they were doing". The Doors tried with Full Circle album, Queen with Adam Lambert, etc.I would like the Stones to maintain very high standard that they set throughout their whole career, and I can see that aim is threatened now.

Date: September 24, 2021 06:59

wonderboy
MisterDDDD
windmelody

This feels like the end. Just a feeling. They will push this too far and it will be tragic or embarrassing.

I still truly hope they will manage it decently, but yes, the risk of pushing too far is real now.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: September 24, 2021 07:08

Jumpingjackflash5 let's wait and see the tour get started and they get this thing rolling . I Will never count these guys out.you my friend are the embarrassment. Just stop your making an a$$ of yourself.

Date: September 24, 2021 07:26

OK let's wait and see. It was first try-out only in Foxboro.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: September 24, 2021 08:20

Hairball
ROPENI
Is Mick wearing a wig????

If so it's a nice looking one, but I heard from someone in the know he had hair plugs transplanted into his scalp quite a few years ago.

Possible. His dad and brother both have receding hairlines.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 24, 2021 08:46

StonedAsiaExile

His dad and brother both have receding hairlines.

But Mick has the hair of his Mother.

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: September 24, 2021 10:26

Enlarge the photo, look at the left top of his head. You can see a screw.
[twitter.com]

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 24, 2021 10:52

daspyknows
Rocktiludrop
Nikkei
While the answer indicates they are willing to play further shows, it also indicates that nothing special is planned. The "anniversary" still is something that was entirely invented here.

Don't be naive, Mick knows the 60th anniversary is his last big pay day..

As if Mick needs one more big payday lol. If they so desired they could keep doing tours like this until they can't.

Mick never made it to the Big League, McCarntey 1.3 billion, look at Billionaires like Jerry Halls husband and before that she left him for Robert Sangster, another Billionaire. Mick knows money gets the girl.
Mick lost a lot of money in the 2008 crash, of course he wants more money, he wants to charge £5 million for a private show and charge up to a 800 Dollars to see him in a good seat at a concert in a stadium, of course he wants more money.

He wants to hang with Hollywood and the Elites and that comes with a price tag. Mick could live in good health for another 20 years, of course he would like a last big pay day for their 60th Anniversary and all the merchandise and acclaim that goes with it.

Plus it costs a lot to keep Mick's lifestyle, without these tours the money soon dries up, how many houses does he have to upkeep, touring is the only way Mick can continue to make the Big Bucks and he knows it.

Had Mick left the Stones in the 80s and continued to refuse to tour with Keith he would probably be broke now, Hell he might have been broke decades ago, that's the reality for Mick and Keith, they need each other for themselves and their families.

Date: September 24, 2021 11:30

paulspendel

Enlarge the photo, look at the left top of his head. You can see a screw.

Same picture in higher resolution: [www.NME.com] , another picture: [i.DailyMail.co.uk] - (all from Jazz FM Awards 2017, by Dave J. Hogan).

Original pictures (photoshopped?) by Dave J. Hogan - [Media.GettyImages.com] , [Media.GettyImages.com] , [Media.GettyImages.com] - (more pictures on Getty Images via search of Rolling Stones Jazz FM Awards 2017).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-24 14:40 by Irix.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 24, 2021 11:52

Rocktiludrop
daspyknows
Rocktiludrop
Nikkei
While the answer indicates they are willing to play further shows, it also indicates that nothing special is planned. The "anniversary" still is something that was entirely invented here.

Don't be naive, Mick knows the 60th anniversary is his last big pay day..

As if Mick needs one more big payday lol. If they so desired they could keep doing tours like this until they can't.

Mick never made it to the Big League, McCarntey 1.3 billion, look at Billionaires like Jerry Halls husband and before that she left him for Robert Sangster, another Billionaire. Mick knows money gets the girl.
Mick lost a lot of money in the 2008 crash, of course he wants more money, he wants to charge £5 million for a private show and charge up to a 800 Dollars to see him in a good seat at a concert in a stadium, of course he wants more money.

He wants to hang with Hollywood and the Elites and that comes with a price tag. Mick could live in good health for another 20 years, of course he would like a last big pay day for their 60th Anniversary and all the merchandise and acclaim that goes with it.

Plus it costs a lot to keep Mick's lifestyle, without these tours the money soon dries up, how many houses does he have to upkeep, touring is the only way Mick can continue to make the Big Bucks and he knows it.

Had Mick left the Stones in the 80s and continued to refuse to tour with Keith he would probably be broke now, Hell he might have been broke decades ago, that's the reality for Mick and Keith, they need each other for themselves and their families.

He has more than enough money. Whether you're good for 100 million dollar or 1 100 million dollar doesn't matter. It is more than enough anyway. His main care now is his will. To distribute his wealth to his family.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 24, 2021 11:55

And a bald Jagger would of course be unthinkable? The end of The Rolling Stones?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 24, 2021 12:05

Irix
paulspendel

Enlarge the photo, look at the left top of his head.

Same picture in higher resolution: [www.NME.com] , another picture: [i.DailyMail.co.uk] - (all from Jazz FM Awards 2017, by Dave J. Hogan).

My anti virus on my PC wouldn't allow these pictures because "they contain errors"...............?

Date: September 24, 2021 12:35

EddieByword

My anti virus on my PC wouldn't allow these pictures because "they contain errors"...............?

NME and DailyMail contain errors? Maybe .... grinning smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 24, 2021 12:40

Better stop to checking these concert threads. Pretty disgusting stuff. Some of you sound like you are some kind of The Sun wannabe gossip reporters.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-24 12:41 by Doxa.

Date: September 24, 2021 12:40

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-24 12:41 by Doxa.

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: September 24, 2021 12:47

Just splitting hairs...

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 24, 2021 12:52

video: [www.youtube.com]

Sincerely touching.
Thank you Stones, for keeping it rolling.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 24, 2021 12:52

Irix
EddieByword

NME and DailyMail contain errors? Maybe .... grinning smiley

Exactamondo..........grinning smiley

Date: September 24, 2021 12:56

paulspendel
Just splitting hairs...

tongue sticking out smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 24, 2021 13:19

I see the photos of both Mick and Ronnie and there hair looks real enough to me , what an absurd and stupid thing to be critiquing there hair . As far as there demise without Charlie -they have always managed to survive as they are the ultimate warriors . Also such an absurd comparison to Queen and the Doors , as they certainly are not in the same league or even the same universe as the Stones are . I was pleasantly shocked/surprised at how well they sounded and played at Gillette Stadium(one of my all time favorite venues I might add !, with some of the finest hospitality and folks ) private Kraft service party . Seriously the drummer Steve Jordan did a great job and the ultimate professional . What was of more vital concern to me was the guitar section of course and Mick . Well to me as I reported yesterday it seems the Stones -have upped there game and it showed to me in the small sample size provided by the clips posted , and I think that was a very good omen .

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: September 24, 2021 14:41

campxray
KeithNacho
We can even complain about Keith's bonnet. What about a new thread?

The whiners definitely need to start their own thread. Don't need it here, nor in the upcoming shows. As far as Keith's hat, I've seen pics of him wearing a green one and yellow one back in March in a studio and also inside his home at Parrot Cay and on a boat in Parrot Cay, so it just didn't start for this tour.

It's a sign of Covid-times that only one opinion is 'correct'. And all others have to shut up. Very sad.

Date: September 24, 2021 14:45

TheGreek
I see the photos of both Mick and Ronnie and there hair looks real enough to me , what an absurd and stupid thing to be critiquing there hair . As far as there demise without Charlie -they have always managed to survive as they are the ultimate warriors . Also such an absurd comparison to Queen and the Doors , as they certainly are not in the same league or even the same universe as the Stones are . I was pleasantly shocked/surprised at how well they sounded and played at Gillette Stadium(one of my all time favorite venues I might add !, with some of the finest hospitality and folks ) private Kraft service party . Seriously the drummer Steve Jordan did a great job and the ultimate professional . What was of more vital concern to me was the guitar section of course and Mick . Well to me as I reported yesterday it seems the Stones -have upped there game and it showed to me in the small sample size provided by the clips posted , and I think that was a very good omen .

Oh yes, as long as Jagger sings and guitars play everything seems to be OK for many ... :-(

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2036
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home