Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Is the Vault Empty?
Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: January 13, 2021 15:25

Is the LSTNT movie available on a Region B blu ray?
I just checked my PAL dvd and it really runs way too fast (all the songs play half a step higher than they should). I suppose on blu ray the speed would be correct. At least the length (94 minutes) indicates so. And to get it in full HD would be nice.
On quick search I only found versions on Region A or an expensive region free Japanese blu ray.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 13, 2021 21:35

Taylor1
It’s really ridiculous that there is no great audio from the 1972 American tour

A CD comp of Philie should happen someday...

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: January 13, 2021 22:27

dcba

-And with NO silly overdubs...

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 14, 2021 03:29

Taylor1
It’s really ridiculous that there is no great audio or video from the 1972 American tour.Not going to say that it was the Stones peak, but it was an incredible tour,Truman Capote and Princess Radvill not withstanding.

Ladies and Gentlemen video and audio is decent.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 14, 2021 03:59

kovach
Taylor1
It’s really ridiculous that there is no great audio or video from the 1972 American tour.Not going to say that it was the Stones peak, but it was an incredible tour,Truman Capote and Princess Radvill not withstanding.

IMO ,it is pretty lifeless and the sound is muffled.Philadelphia shows aren’t very good sound wise either.The concert clips from CS Blues somewhat approach the greatness of that tour.The 1969 tour has much better video andsound recordings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-14 04:01 by Taylor1.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 15, 2021 16:13

Taylor1
kovach
Taylor1

IMO ,it is pretty lifeless and the sound is muffled.Philadelphia shows aren’t very good sound wise either.The concert clips from CS Blues somewhat approach the greatness of that tour.The 1969 tour has much better video andsound recordings

On L&G, I can't decide whether the opening bars to Gimme Shelter are being played on piano or guitar, such is the muddy sound quality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-15 16:15 by Father Ted.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: January 15, 2021 17:58

S.T.P
dcba

I don’t mind the overdubs, but just make this the cover!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 15, 2021 18:07

S.T.P
dcba

Too late! grinning smiley
Logically the band did "touch up" the tapes after the tour (on Oct.7 1972 according to Nico Zentgraf) so there are so some silly overdubs on the tapes.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: January 15, 2021 19:09

dcba
S.T.P
dcba

Logically the band did "touch up" the tapes after the tour (on Oct.7 1972 according to Nico Zentgraf) so there are so some silly overdubs on the tapes.

I know there were done overdubs, just like on Ya Yas, but they don't have to just release the actual live album. Again, just like on the expanded version of Ya Yas, it's possible to to release real live tracks too.

Date: January 15, 2021 20:03

S.T.P
dcba
S.T.P
dcba

I know there were done overdubs, just like on Ya Yas, but they don't have to just release the actual live album. Again, just like on the expanded version of Ya Yas, it's possible to to release real live tracks too.

These guitar overdubs were way more noticeable than Keith's rhythm guitar overdubs on Carol and Little Queenie, though smiling smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 15, 2021 22:39

Did I miss something on my Philadelphia Special for all those years? What overdubs are there?

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 15, 2021 23:30

I don't think we're supposed to talk about religious stuff...but I definitely have feelings about this.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 18, 2021 21:48

STONES IN EXILE was pretty cool. Think something similar might be done for anything else? Of course it worked partially because EOMS was delayed in its reissue with UMe.

Date: January 18, 2021 22:15

hockenheim95
Did I miss something on my Philadelphia Special for all those years? What overdubs are there?

It's not on Philadelphia Special. It's on the scrapped live album, from which (among others) some songs off Philadelphia Special are touched up (especially by Taylor). Some tracks are also on the STP Rattlesnake box set, if memory serves.

Date: January 20, 2021 12:55

Our best bet for further shows from the classic era is 1976. It's the only touring year that has confirmed but unreleased footage.

Has anyone ever personally seen non-public domain, pro-shot live footage from any other tours in the 1970s?

Date: January 21, 2021 04:53

I can't remember... something from 1976 would be good, is it planned? Or just hoped for.

It would be good because of the two TATTOO YOU tour shows, HAMPTON and LEEDS. That's fantastic, to hear the differences.

Perhaps they'll release an URBAN JUNGLE show - that would be fantastic.

There's two from the BRIDGES tour.

Maybe another SOME GIRLS tour show.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 21, 2021 06:09

Passaic NJ out on bail 78

jb

Date: January 21, 2021 07:44

Is the Detroit show that Whip on SUCKING is from on a boot? They obviously recorded that show.

Date: January 21, 2021 11:38

GasLightStreet
I can't remember... something from 1976 would be good, is it planned? Or just hoped for.

It would be good because of the two TATTOO YOU tour shows, HAMPTON and LEEDS. That's fantastic, to hear the differences.

Perhaps they'll release an URBAN JUNGLE show - that would be fantastic.

There's two from the BRIDGES tour.

Maybe another SOME GIRLS tour show.

There have been a lot of rumours about releasing the Paris Aux Abattoirs show but I've never seen anything from Eagle Rock or the band that they're even considering it. Maybe I missed that memo?!

Date: January 21, 2021 19:22

The other quick wins would be the band's appearances at the Glastonbury and Isle of Wight festivals.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: January 22, 2021 01:08

Tokyo 1995thumbs up

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: January 22, 2021 13:00

shadooby
Tokyo 1995thumbs up

It's already released on blu ray and dvd in Japan.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: January 22, 2021 14:22

How about a compilation of guest appearances, like happened during the ZIP Code Tour in the US? That would be highly interesting, besides that it'd bring fans of those to buy such a release ...

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: January 22, 2021 18:44

IsakSun
shadooby
Tokyo 1995thumbs up

For $75-$150. I don’t think so, Tim.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 22, 2021 23:40

shadooby
IsakSun
shadooby
Tokyo 1995thumbs up

For $75-$150. I don’t think so, Tim.

[www.jpc.de]

DVD for 50€ and Blu Ray for 60€ in Germany

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-22 23:41 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 23, 2021 01:51

Meise
How about a compilation of guest appearances, like happened during the ZIP Code Tour in the US? That would be highly interesting, besides that it'd bring fans of those to buy such a release ...

Please, God, no. The ultimate act of desperation from old farts trying to stay 'relevant'

And does anyone think Katy Perry fans are going to be rushing out en masse to buy this for one song?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 23, 2021 03:09

Gazza
Meise

Please, God, no. The ultimate act of desperation from old farts trying to stay 'relevant'

And does anyone think Katy Perry fans are going to be rushing out en masse to buy this for one song?

I think the group saw how lame those appearances were in 2013.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 23, 2021 05:19

a lot of those duets were with artists who are on the same record label as the Stones. As a result of that, I got the impression at the time that because of this a duets type live release may have been on the cards. I still think its too much of a coincidence. Thankfully it didn't happen.

Date: January 23, 2021 14:00

Many of those duets appeared on Honk. I doubt they'll do that again.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: January 23, 2021 14:23

But there are some great duets in the can.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home