Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Why Pringles chips/crisps look like they do
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 30, 2020 18:00

Now for a light read: Who knew eating Pringles is all part of an engineering design? Must confess, I have had my share of these over time. How about you?

[interestingengineering.com]

Re: OT: Why Pringles chips/crisps look like they do
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 30, 2020 18:16

Harrumph. Before I read the article I was going to comment that Pringles lack the structural integrity of proper chips (‘crisps’ in the UK). And I stand by that. Also, the engineers kinda forgot to engineer in any taste. But the cans come in handy on occasion so...yay engineers for that. grinning smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 30, 2020 18:22

Pringles are the last thing I would buy if I wanted chips/crisps whatever. I probably eat a few every 3 to 5 years and then say never again.

These are my favorites [www.terrachips.com]

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 30, 2020 20:53

Pringles are the perfect metaphor for how our society has changed over the past 60 or so years.

You travel across the USA, and where you once found plenty of regional diversity you now encounter the same chain stores and fast food franchises in mall after mall after mall.

No local sounds either, just the same music programmed and played by a network of stations across all 50 states.

Everything's the same wherever you go.

This country used to be a big bag of tasty chips with different shapes. Now it's a mind-numbing, conformist can of Pringles.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 30, 2020 21:09

Sorry but I don't see the point in food related talks on IORR.

Bjornulf

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2150
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home