Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: OT: What David Bowie Read
Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: January 22, 2024 17:52

dmay
What an interesting list of books. I've read a few on the list, but, wow, what a diversity of genres. Would love to know what the Stones (and others) read, have read.

[colehaddon.substack.com]

I haven't read a novel in at least a decade but I used to be a voracious reader. I can tick off 25 of the books on Bowie's list, all novels. Who can top that?

Great Expectations? Isn't that required reading in British schools? It was where I come from.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 22, 2024 22:15

cool i've read about a third of those and own about a dozen

currently making my way slowly thru the histories by herodotus

but my comfort food when it comes to books is sci-fi

anything by issac asimov or arthur c. clark and the pre disney star wars novels especially the ones by timothy zahn

speaking of what the stones like to read i remember mick saying he was also a fan of asimov in a interview promoting freejack

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 23, 2024 01:41

I think I've read about half of those (it helps that being a lit prof is/was my job), but that's a wonderful list for future suggestions, I've saved it for future reading. The ones I've read are all classics of their kind, so I've got high expectations. Thanks, dmay/Mr Bowie!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 23, 2024 11:02

I don't like books with too much writing under the pictures !

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 23, 2024 11:05

In that case switch to braille Spud .....
Ya can read it in bed with the lights out too ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 23, 2024 11:05

Swayed1967
dmay
What an interesting list of books. I've read a few on the list, but, wow, what a diversity of genres. Would love to know what the Stones (and others) read, have read.

[colehaddon.substack.com]

I haven't read a novel in at least a decade but I used to be a voracious reader. I can tick off 25 of the books on Bowie's list, all novels. Who can top that?

Great Expectations? Isn't that required reading in British schools? It was where I come from.

I didn't study it at school, myself, but I would imagine it's on the curriculum.

I've often wanted to read the classics, but I, generally, haven't got very far. This year, I've decided to change this.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 23, 2024 11:23

Rockman
In that case switch to braille Spud .....
Ya can read it in bed with the lights out too ...

I've now got this image in my head of the sight impaired kid's mother storming into his bedroom ..

"....get those mittens back on Johnny ...it's far too late for reading !"

Re: OT: David Bowie stuff
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 16, 2024 09:00

Diamond Dogs - 50th anniversary - Vinyl Editions:

HalfSpeed Black Vinyl as well as Picture-Disc with Poster - 24-May-2024 - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Date: March 1, 2024 02:37

i'm still dipping my toes into bowie's stuff but this is the best quality i've ever seen the 1980 floor show

is this the official channel for the midnight special and if so does that mean this is an official release?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 1, 2024 02:50

ProfessorWolf
i'm still dipping my toes into bowie's stuff but this is the best quality i've ever seen the 1980 floor show

is this the official channel for the midnight special and if so does that mean this is an official release?

Faithfull sings As Tears Go By just after the Bowie segment.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 1, 2024 02:58

ProfessorWolf

To me, an 'official' release is when they put it on streaming or bluray (for $$).

You could say this is 'unofficially official' unless the Bowie estate has the rights and decides to pull it.

I've always wanted to see 'Rock and Roll Suicide' from that show. It was filmed but never broadcast or released, even on the outtakes.

Date: March 1, 2024 04:52

mosthigh
ProfessorWolf

To me, an 'official' release is when they put it on streaming or bluray (for $$).

You could say this is 'unofficially official' unless the Bowie estate has the rights and decides to pull it.

I've always wanted to see 'Rock and Roll Suicide' from that show. It was filmed but never broadcast or released, even on the outtakes.

fair enough

wouldn't mind seeing that performance of R&R suicide either

i was unaware it was performed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-01 04:56 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 21, 2024 16:55

David Bowie - 5CD+BluRay set - "Rock ā€˜nā€™ Roll Star!" - 1971-72 recordings with demos, BBC sessions, singles, live tracks, outtakes & more, offers 29 unreleased tracks:

14-Jun-2024 - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Date: March 24, 2024 00:25

David Bowie - Universal Amphitheatre, September 8, 1974

previously uncirculated recording

sounds pretty good for a audience recording from 1974

Date: March 24, 2024 00:27

Irix
David Bowie - 5CD+BluRay set - "Rock ā€˜nā€™ Roll Star!" - 1971-72 recordings with demos, BBC sessions, singles, live tracks, outtakes & more, offers 29 unreleased tracks:

14-Jun-2024 - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

awesome looking forward to this

thanks

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home