Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
OT: David Bowie stuff
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 29, 2020 16:42

The David Bowie Monopoly game

For that special someone in your life who digs the late Mister Bowie.

[www.openculture.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-25 14:57 by bv.

Re: OT: The David Bowie Monopoly game
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 29, 2020 17:26

dmay
For that special someone in your life who digs the late Mister Bowie.

[www.openculture.com]

"Bowie's chamelionic quality and highly developed aestetic sense ... "
is that what they call Lazarus? I found it a self-humiliating way of, in fact, not being able to accept his, far too early, death. A great artist, who threw himself in the gutter in a hypocritic way at the end of his life. Accepting ones fate in an as modest as possible way proves respect for life (and death as part of it). Lazarus only proves that even a genius can sink deep ... at the end.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 29, 2020 18:28

That looks quite a nice board, admittedly. There are so many different ‘special editions’; some of them rather ridiculous! I know the Stones’ had one. Personally, the original is the only version worth playing thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 29, 2020 22:02

Get get more emotional entertainment
with Keith's cover of Learning The Game ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: December 29, 2020 23:07

"Each player will play David Bowie, or more accurately, a persona of David Bowie. The object of the game is to achieve the greatest legacy of any Bowie and survive the 1970’s. Legacy is judged by points earned from cutting records (flat, black, round- oh, nevermind). There is one slight problem. The Bowies are endangered by various threats, dark princes, and figures of the occult (which is in no way related to the copious amount of cocaine being inhaled by our hero). If any Bowie dies, all Bowies are dead and the game is lost."

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 29, 2020 23:10

....think I'll stick with jump-rope ...

ROCKMAN

Bernard sings Bowie
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: January 10, 2021 07:14

Bernard sings Bowie

Bernard was awesome today on the live streaming from rollinglivestudios.com of a three hour global Bowie tribute concert. Bernard ended it with heroes. It was awesome - Adam Lambert was pretty far out too....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-25 14:58 by bv.

Re: Bernard sings Bowie
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 10, 2021 07:33

Are you bored tonight Sparkly Top??!!

plexi

Date: January 10, 2021 07:56

Well I’m just making the best of not having any live music in fact I was talking today about that trip to the hotel and your Meeting with all the band with Binkey!
Hope you are doing well and staying safe! Ox

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: January 10, 2021 12:31

sarahunwin
Bernard was awesome today on the live streaming from rollinglivestudios.com of a three hour global Bowie tribute concert. Bernard ended it with heroes. It was awesome - Adam Lambert was pretty far out too....

Can you tell me the setlist during that night? Because the line-up of musicians was amazing!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 10, 2021 12:48

DiamondDog7
sarahunwin

Can you tell me the setlist during that night? Because the line-up of musicians was amazing!

[www.setlist.fm]

Date: January 10, 2021 17:11

Thanks Diamond Dog!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 10, 2021 17:25

sarahunwin

Heroes
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 10, 2021 17:39

A Bowie Celebration review – a starry tribute concert for a mind-blowing talent

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 10, 2021 22:38

Lien
DiamondDog7
sarahunwin

[www.setlist.fm]

Nice setlist and some great performers

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 11, 2021 12:08

sarahunwin
Well I’m just making the best of not having any live music in fact I was talking today about that trip to the hotel and your Meeting with all the band with Binkey!
Hope you are doing well and staying safe! Ox

Of course you were, sorry for being a bit mean.

But yes, Binkey and the Backup Band is a great story to tell anyone!! And you know, I've never posted it here with all the fotos, only on my Facebook page. And I emailed it to Beast who is not on Facebook. She loved it. I think it was Rockman who encouraged me to post it here. Maybe I will at some point.

plexi

OT: David Bowie Birthday
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 8, 2021 06:02

I know there's a lot of Bowie fans on this forum, so I thought about posting these two nice versions that were released today as a limited edition single.

Mother (John Lennon)

Trying to Get to Heaven (Bob Dylan)

There's also a 24-hour video party organized by Nacho, who is somehow a known name among Bowie fans for the great job of restoration of rare Bowie videos: [www.davidbowienews.com]

Re: OT: David Bowie Birthday
Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: January 8, 2021 11:35

Thank you for sharing this. I had not heard either of those before.

No one could top the original but I think the version of Mother is great.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: January 8, 2021 15:01

Thank you!
The Dylan Cover is new for me.
Happy Birthday David

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 8, 2021 15:48

Happy Birthday David. thumbs up

Lots of Bowie stuff on UK BBC 4 channel tonight 9pm to 1am. smileys with beer

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: January 8, 2021 19:51

Good stuff. Heres Bowie taking a shot at "Like A Rolling Stone", not bad, production sounds a little dated....

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 8, 2021 21:50

For those not aware, there is a big streaming concert tonight for his birthday with a whole bunch of guest stars. Like $29 with the small service fee, and you can watch for 24 hours:
[rollinglivestudios.com]

Also this weekend, you can stream his play Lazarus:
[dice.fm]

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: January 8, 2021 23:50

Like his version of Mother

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 9, 2021 02:22

Been watching the BBC David Bowie night on BBC4 on and off since 9pm.Certainly got my mood up a gear or two since all the bad news coming through here in UK today.
Just catching the last hour and really great stuff from David Bowie. smileys with beer

Posted by: winter ()
Date: January 9, 2021 06:11

Hey, thanks for posting. I really enjoyed skipping around the footage/songs in Nacho's Bowie video party for an hour or two on his birthday. What a great artist.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: January 9, 2021 10:33

Thanks for posting these! I liked them. I wanted to buy the single but it was already sold out.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 9, 2021 10:54

Good Dylan cover from the Hours era.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 9, 2021 19:21

winter
Hey, thanks for posting. I really enjoyed skipping around the footage/songs in Nacho's Bowie video party for an hour or two on his birthday. What a great artist.

My pleasure! The video party has been extended to last through the whole weekend!

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 9, 2021 22:38

The Celebrating Bowie streaming show had technical problems last night and has been rescheduled to tonight (Sat. Starting @ 9pm EST), so if anyone is interested, you can still (buy - $28) and tune in.

[rollinglivestudios.com]

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: January 10, 2021 04:29

I saw the Mike Garson Bowie tribute with Bernard like two or three years ago, was not impressed. I'm not big on tribute shows.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1532
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home