Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127...LastNext
Current Page: 122 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 29, 2020 00:47

Any predictions about "future death tolls" must take into account the demographics of current trends...

half the deaths are in Nursing Homes alone.....ie. older people (many w/ health issues)

80% are people over 65.....

Accurate data is not being produced....

applying such a skewed the death-toll to the entire population is simply not good math/science

IMO...

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: April 29, 2020 00:55

keithsman
So now we get the data and facts my instincs initially were right, death ratios similar to influenza flu . Does this information mean we get the lockdowns lifted and also hopefully people won't be too scared to go hospital now for lifesaving treatments.

[youtu.be]

So not copacetic. But hey whatever floats your boat [or sinks it].

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 29, 2020 01:18

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 29 April 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 29, 2020 01:20

daspyknows
crholmstrom
Colorado & Nevada join west coast reopening alliance. Not necessary for this but it would be good if we could get Hawaii & Alaska in the alliance. Maybe united, the western US could stand up more to the east coast bias. When the virus broke out in Washington & California, people I know on the east coast didn't take it seriously because it wasn't affecting them. Of course, their tune changed rather quickly.

Western state alliance

Count Alaska out of it. There seems to be concerts for June that are on as is the State Fair. An idiot I know of up there is bragging how Alaska is great because they are wide open.

I was thinking more of natural resources for the new kingdom of Westeros. winking smiley
Sorry, was trying to inject (very) little humour into the proceedings.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 29, 2020 01:31

In an odd twist in logic, Orange County, CA has cancelled their annual County Fair (as expected),
but for some reason are still adamant on keeping their overcrowded beaches open (see Huntington Beach).

Date: April 29, 2020 01:41

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 29, 2020 01:45

Really not sure I'm ever going to get the images out of my head you just posted.
Thanks Rockman winking smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 29, 2020 01:59

That's disgusting, I am a meat eater but there are certain things I have no interest in eating. Bats are high on the list.

Date: April 29, 2020 02:00

MisterDDDD
Really not sure I'm ever going to get the images out of my head you just posted.
Thanks Rockman winking smiley

Thank God he didn't post the hot monkey sex photos! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 29, 2020 02:13

.... I'm keeping dem for meself .....yapyapyapyapyapyap..yap yap

ROCKMAN

Date: April 29, 2020 02:22

Holy ick moly. Can’t imagine what drugs a guy would have to take to get the munchies for bat!

Date: April 29, 2020 02:35

People Are Flocking to Georgia Beaches to Take Instagram Photos

Morons

Date: April 29, 2020 02:40

daspyknows
That's disgusting, I am a meat eater but there are certain things I have no interest in eating. Bats are high on the list.

Haha same here - rats are also high on the list.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: April 29, 2020 03:09

South Korea - virus spread in an office building. [www.businessinsider.com]

“Last month, 97 of the 811 employees at a Seoul call center tested positive for the virus. Of the sick workers, 94 sat on the same floor — the building's 11th — and 79 were in the same section.”

“”Despite considerable interaction between workers on different floors of building X in the elevators and lobby, spread of COVID-19 was limited almost exclusively to the 11th floor, which indicates that the duration of interaction (or contact) was likely the main facilitator for further spreading," the Korean CDC wrote in its report.“

Date: April 29, 2020 04:01

I just had an experience at the local Walmart in Northern California that blew my mind and ultimately precipitated a call to the corporate complaint line and a letter to the EVP of Store Ops.

Masks required (by local law) to enter store but once inside many people took off their masks. First big shocker was a couple with a 4 or 5 year old son. The wife had her mask around her neck and the kid was running around sticking stuff like and oil funnel in his mouth and putting it in his mouth then back on the shelf. I observed him doing this three times in a matter of minutes before I went elsewhere. Next was a one eyed idiot who had his mask handing from one ear while he was eating from a package he had opened. He was standing in a spot where the only way to get passed him was to come within 2 feet. I suggested he put the mask on and he started going off on me that he could do what he wanted and to mind my own business. His wife started screaming at me too. I said it was my business because I didn't want him getting me or anyone else sick and he threatened me. I got staff and watched then watch him threaten me and tell me he was going to take me out outside. Him and his wife then said I was being racist. I said I didn't care what race they were and that they had no right to risk getting other people sick. I went to check out and they didn't follow me and waiting on line I saw 2 others with masks around their necks and two guys on the checkout line one with the mask on top of his head and one holding the mask. I said something when leaving to staff and no one cared.

There is really no hope stopping the virus in the US with some people's unwillingness to take any precautions to keep themselves or others safe.

Date: April 29, 2020 05:04

daspyknows
I just had an experience at the local Walmart in Northern California that blew my mind and ultimately precipitated a call to the corporate complaint line and a letter to the EVP of Store Ops.

Masks required (by local law) to enter store but once inside many people took off their masks. First big shocker was a couple with a 4 or 5 year old son. The wife had her mask around her neck and the kid was running around sticking stuff like and oil funnel in his mouth and putting it in his mouth then back on the shelf. I observed him doing this three times in a matter of minutes before I went elsewhere. Next was a one eyed idiot who had his mask handing from one ear while he was eating from a package he had opened. He was standing in a spot where the only way to get passed him was to come within 2 feet. I suggested he put the mask on and he started going off on me that he could do what he wanted and to mind my own business. His wife started screaming at me too. I said it was my business because I didn't want him getting me or anyone else sick and he threatened me. I got staff and watched then watch him threaten me and tell me he was going to take me out outside. Him and his wife then said I was being racist. I said I didn't care what race they were and that they had no right to risk getting other people sick. I went to check out and they didn't follow me and waiting on line I saw 2 others with masks around their necks and two guys on the checkout line one with the mask on top of his head and one holding the mask. I said something when leaving to staff and no one cared.

There is really no hope stopping the virus in the US with some people's unwillingness to take any precautions to keep themselves or others safe.

It's the entitlement/me me me culture that is ruining the country. I have experience with it in my family & it disgusts me. & unfortunately some of the leadership of the country are poster children. Everybody wants everything & you better get the hell out of their way why they go get it. Except when things go wrong, then it's everybody else's problem. Things are going to be really ugly when the second wave hits. Being a student of history, I have a pretty good guess at some other things that are going to happen concurrent to that but in keeping with BVs wishes I won't get into that. We'll be lucky to get out of it in one piece & some of us won't. BTW daspyknows, you mentioned concerts in Alaska still happening. There are some tours as soon as June that haven't been cancelled or postponed yet. Unfortunately, I have tickets I bought before all this for Chris Stapleton at the Gorge in Washington. All sides say the concert is still on. I'm hoping it will be cancelled or postponed but regardless, I won't be attending. I'm sure there are others. I guess as long as that is the case, no one can talk about refunds. We'll just have to hope that there are enough people taking all this with appropriate seriousness that the damage won't be too bad. I have a real bad feeling about it though. Rome is burning....

Date: April 29, 2020 07:03

crholmstrom
daspyknows

It's the entitlement/me me me culture that is ruining the country. I have experience with it in my family & it disgusts me. & unfortunately some of the leadership of the country are poster children. Everybody wants everything & you better get the hell out of their way why they go get it. Except when things go wrong, then it's everybody else's problem. Things are going to be really ugly when the second wave hits. Being a student of history, I have a pretty good guess at some other things that are going to happen concurrent to that but in keeping with BVs wishes I won't get into that. We'll be lucky to get out of it in one piece & some of us won't. BTW daspyknows, you mentioned concerts in Alaska still happening. There are some tours as soon as June that haven't been cancelled or postponed yet. Unfortunately, I have tickets I bought before all this for Chris Stapleton at the Gorge in Washington. All sides say the concert is still on. I'm hoping it will be cancelled or postponed but regardless, I won't be attending. I'm sure there are others. I guess as long as that is the case, no one can talk about refunds. We'll just have to hope that there are enough people taking all this with appropriate seriousness that the damage won't be too bad. I have a real bad feeling about it though. Rome is burning....

I fully expect states like yours and mine will have rescheduled dates. I just had the show on May 31st in LA (Neil Young) postponed to 2021. Even though I have had it I wouldn't want to go to a show in June.

Date: April 29, 2020 07:16

For what it's worth crholmstrom, I asked TM last week about the status of the Steely Dan/Winwood show at Hollywood Bowl scheduled June 8th. The person I was chatting with said no doubt it will be canceled or postponed, but they're dealing with canceling/postponing shows in increments based on how close the date of the show is and to check back occasionally. Not sure if that applies to all shows in all states, or if it was just shows in the L.A./California area, but might want to keep checking as the date gets closer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-29 07:17 by Hairball.

Posted by: leftybill ()
Date: April 29, 2020 07:43

Just a thought ... I wonder if Bruce Wayne would eat a BBQ'd bat?
Another thought ... really like Living in a Ghost Town!
And I miss playoff hockey ...
Stay safe everyone - especially in South America.

Date: April 29, 2020 08:08

$320 million ........ Covid Industry

ABC News --- 29 April 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 29, 2020 14:42

everybody keeps talking about warm or hot weather as being a mitigation. This logic seems counterintuitive as the world is bi-polar. The Northern Hemisphere is entering Summer months whereas the Southern Hemisphere will be beginning Winter.

I think this pandemic is sticking around.

Date: April 29, 2020 15:46

Chris Fountain
everybody keeps talking about warm or hot weather as being a mitigation. This logic seems counterintuitive as the world is bi-polar. The Northern Hemisphere is entering Summer months whereas the Southern Hemisphere will be beginning Winter.

I read yesterday where Brazil a has a hot spot now.

Date: April 29, 2020 15:50

Rockman

People that don't learn from history have to repeat it.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 29, 2020 16:30

Those bats are gnarly...no doubt.

I wouldn't touch it (let alone eat it) and I in no way, shape or form condone what is pictured....I've been to Wet Markets and to the untrained eye it can be truly shocking....

However, I'd bet that if most Westerners went to a Slaughterhouse and saw the process first-hand from start to finish, they might re-examine how they think about "beef" (aka cow) and "pork" (aka pig)....and "poultry" (aka "chicken" & "turkey")....

...and I'd guarantee we'd take a different view of our "meat" if Foot & Mouth Disease or Swine Flu were spreading like this Corona is...

We simply hide our "slaughter" and "processing" away from public view....we package and present the animal in more visually-appealing forms....and (for the most part) call it something that shifts the focus from the fact that it was/is an animal.

....with clear intentional reasons..."if slaughterhouses had glass walls we'd all be vegetarians" - McCartney

Heck, most of the "cooking shows" on TV don't even call it "meat" anymore...they call it "protein" in a complete 180-shift to positive-word-association.

watch "Earthlings" to get an idea of the Western relationship w/ animals

....or the South Park "Whale Whores" as an amazing satire....

"now they are normal like us"....haha!

this is equally awesome satire...."Meat and You, Partners in Freedom"...classic.

it's just a matter of time before something jumps the species-barrier from pigs/cows/chickens that runs rampant like Corona....

IMO, we need to self-examine and change our own practices BEFORE that happens...rather than finger-pointing and condemning what Indonesia is doing.

Glass Houses and all that...

just my opinion.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 29, 2020 16:34

U.S. Coronavirus Death Toll Is Far Higher Than Reported, C.D.C. Data Suggests
"Total deaths in seven states that have been hard hit by the coronavirus pandemic are nearly 50 percent higher than normal for the five weeks from March 8 through April 11, according to new death statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That is 9,000 more deaths than were reported as of April 11 in official counts of deaths from the coronavirus.

The new data is partial and most likely undercounts the recent death toll significantly. But it still illustrates how the coronavirus is causing a surge in deaths in the places it has struck, probably killing more people than the reported statistics capture. These increases belie arguments that the virus is only killing people who would have died anyway from other causes. Instead, the virus has brought a pattern of deaths unlike anything seen in recent years."

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 29, 2020 17:07

Finland is reported to have been able to get the R0 ratio to under 1. Some of the restrictions will be gradually lifted.

Finland currently has 206 COVID-19 deaths. The number of hospitalized patients and those in ICU is stabilizing, if not decreasing, at the moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-29 17:09 by Topi.

Date: April 29, 2020 17:36

jumpontopofmebaby
Chris Fountain

Brazil is going to be bad. Their President is a Covid denier and his citizens paying the price. Sad to see when politicians do not listen to the doctors and scientists and innocent people get sick and die.

Date: April 29, 2020 17:44

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
Chris Fountain

Brazil is going to be bad. Their President is a Covid denier and his citizens paying the price. Sad to see when politicians do not listen to the doctors and scientists and innocent people get sick and die.

Well I hope that here in the US we listen to the doctors and as we reopen everyone does what they are supposed to do. Be smart and safe and things go good. It is a roll of the dice. But if it works out we will all be better in the long run. Again...I will keep my distance and assume everyone has it. Hopefully people at high risk do the same.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: April 29, 2020 18:32

Hairball
daspyknows

Haha same here - rats are also high on the list.

Biting the head off a bat did wonders for Ozzy's career. That stunt made him!

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: April 29, 2020 20:00

How are scientists around the world viewing this? If you have the antibodies do scientists think you are now immune? Is it too soon to determine this?

[www.silive.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127...LastNext
Current Page: 122 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home