Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 24, 2020 12:37

bv
What is going on here? Where are the experts when we need them?

Trump, ever the salesman, is peddling dangerous cures for coronavirus (CNN April 24, 2020)

'It's irresponsible and it's dangerous': Experts rip Trump's idea of injecting disinfectant to treat COVID-19 (NBC April 24, 2020)

President Donald Trump on Thursday suggested exploring disinfectants as a possible treatment for coronavirus infections — an extremely dangerous proposition that medical experts warn could kill people.

After a Homeland Security official mentioned the ability of disinfectants like bleach to kill the coronavirus on surfaces, Trump remarked on the effectiveness.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?" Trump said during his daily briefing at the White House. "Because, you see, it gets on the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So that you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds — it sounds interesting to me."

Perhaps he’d be willing to test out the theory.

Nate

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 24, 2020 13:37

bv

Trump, ever the salesman, is peddling dangerous cures for coronavirus (CNN April 24, 2020)

'It's irresponsible and it's dangerous': Experts rip Trump's idea of injecting disinfectant to treat COVID-19 (NBC April 24, 2020)

President Donald Trump on Thursday suggested exploring disinfectants as a possible treatment for coronavirus infections — an extremely dangerous proposition that medical experts warn could kill people.

After a Homeland Security official mentioned the ability of disinfectants like bleach to kill the coronavirus on surfaces, Trump remarked on the effectiveness.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?" Trump said during his daily briefing at the White House. "Because, you see, it gets on the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So that you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds — it sounds interesting to me."

We’re living in a Political World

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 24, 2020 15:01

bv

Dr Birx - "Please God, let me wake up"........................................

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 24, 2020 15:07

Reckitt Benckiser, manufacturer of Lysol:

"As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products
be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route)."

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 24, 2020 16:25

Happy24
"They include not only deaths that are confirmed to be virus-related, but even those suspected of being linked, whether the victim was tested or not.
As of Wednesday, Belgium, with a population of over 11.4 million, has counted a total 6,262 deaths from COVID-19 — roughly 540 per million citizens — and more than half of those deaths were in nursing homes. Of those 52%, just 4.5% were confirmed as having been infected, yet all are counted in the national tally."

[www.npr.org]

The suspicion here is that thousands of care home deaths have not been included in the national total, because only Covid-confirmed deaths in hospital are counted. Some homes have lost a quarter, a third, a half of their residents, and their staff are well down the queue for protective equipment.

It's nearly impossible to compare national case and death rates, because they are all counting different things.

Date: April 24, 2020 17:25

bv

Read the article below to what and how it was really said and not how CNN adds their spin on it to make it a bad thing

Really Trump is just looking at anything and everything that could possibly help.

He must have a little John Lennon in him.....you know....their are not problems ...only solutions.

[www.foxnews.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-24 17:35 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 24, 2020 17:44

jumpontopofmebaby

Read the article below to what and how it was was really said and not how CNN adds their spin on it to make it a bad thing

Really Trump is just looking at anything and everything that could possibly help.

He must have a little John Lennon in him.....you know....their are not problems ...only solutions.

[www.foxnews.com]

No real need to read transcripts or media accounts with perceived spin.
His actual words should suffice (realize it won't, but it should).

"And then I see the disinfectant.. where it knocks it out, in a minute!
One minute. Is there a way we can do something like that.. by injection, inside or..?"

*"All he is saying.. is Give Bleach a Chance" - Lennon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-24 18:01 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 24, 2020 18:04

Nate
bv

Perhaps he’d be willing to test out the theory.

Nate

tRump may be right about heat. After the crematorium the ashes will have no virus. Today is Friday. U.S. deathtoll breaks 50K and the new social experiment in Georgia begins.

Date: April 24, 2020 18:05

MisterDDDD
jumpontopofmebaby

Read the article below to what and how it was was really said and not how CNN adds their spin on it to make it a bad thing

[www.foxnews.com]

One minute. Is there a way we can do something like that.. by injection, inside or..?"

Do you honestly think he would really want someone to inject a disinfection into themselves .

Or is it possible that he is just stating....come on disinfection kills the virus. Is there something out there that can be used like a disinfection that you could put in your body that would act like a disinfection does that would be safe etc.

Surely you know better.

Yes you do.

But...you hate Trump.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 24, 2020 18:07

jumpontopofmebaby
bv

Read the article below to what and how it was really said and not how CNN adds their spin on it to make it a bad thing

[www.foxnews.com]

Wait, why do I need to read Fox News to get the truth when I heard him say it live. I TRUST MY EARS. This is just a whackjob idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-24 18:08 by daspyknows.

Date: April 24, 2020 18:11

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
bv

[www.foxnews.com]

Wait, why do I need to read Fox News to get the truth when I heard him say it live. I TRUST MY EARS. This is just a whackjob idea.

Date: April 24, 2020 18:12

Green Lady
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
bv

[www.foxnews.com]

Do you honestly think he would really want someone to inject a disinfection into themselves .

Or is it possible that he is just stating....come on disinfection kills the virus. Is there something out there that can be used like a disinfection that you could put in your body that would act like a disinfection does that would be safe etc.

Surely you know better.

Yes you do.

But...you hate Trump.

Date: April 24, 2020 18:13

jumpontopofmebaby
Green Lady
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
bv

[www.foxnews.com]

Surely you know better.

Yes you do.

But...you hate Trump.[/quote

Date: April 24, 2020 18:14

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
bv

[www.foxnews.com]

Whatever he meant, there are people listening (probably on both sides of the political divide) who THINK he is suggesting using disinfectant internally, and unfortunately are daft enough to try it.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 24, 2020 18:34

^^

(insert neutral calm voice here)

the problem as I see it is that Trump is pontificating "off-the cuff" over an open-mic. He talks without thinking and that is dangerous when discussing medicine and/or medical treatments.

I don't think he wants people to "inject lysol"...I think he is hoping that some sort of injectable/ingestible antidote can be developed that "works in the human body the way lysol does on surfaces"

that seems very unlikely from what I understand of viruses in the human body...

the central problem (as I see it) is that people might take his words and think "what if I snort, inhale, drink, etc Lysol, bleach, whatever...won't that kill it?"

that is, people will listen to him and take it literally....for those who care, this is called "Authority Worship"....aka: if people think he is smart/correct b/c he's an "Authority" then they listen to him....it's the same reason people think drinking Sprite will quench your thirst...LeBron says it will (it won't...precisely the opposite)

in other words, I agree w/ GreenLady's statement above.

my position is that he needs to talk less and let Fauci talk more. But that's just me...and I don't want to open up a "Fauci" debate either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-24 18:40 by stickyfingers101.

Date: April 24, 2020 19:08

MisterDDDD
jumpontopofmebaby

[www.foxnews.com]

*"All he is saying.. is Give Bleach a Chance" - Lennon.

LOL thumbs up

Date: April 24, 2020 19:11

jumpontopofmebaby
MisterDDDD
jumpontopofmebaby

[www.foxnews.com]

Surely you know better.

Yes you do.

But...you hate Trump.

LOL maybe so but this is the type of discussion should not be held at a briefing. Man he's one of a kind .....

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 24, 2020 19:51

Wonder what suggestions Trump will come up with tonight,perhaps flying people to the sun in order to burn away the virus.

Nate

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 24, 2020 20:02

Customs authorities in Norway were on the national news today. For a couple of weeks now, they say there have been a large volume of letters and parcels with illegal import of drugs related to anti malaria and anti hiv virus, arriving from China. People are dumb, and probably scared, and when they hear there is a miracle cure, they go online and order their own drugs. Luckily importing drugs is illegal, so they are all stopped at the border.

Bleach and disinfectant, on the other hand, are easy to get, they are stored in every home, for the purpose of cleaning surfaces. There is no doctor in the world that would advice on injecting any of these liquids into the human body.

The press does not normally broadcast the White House press conferences in my country, but the bits where he talk about treating covid-19 patients with light, and injecting disinfectants, has been looping all day on all channels. Simply to warn people - it is dangerous - and it will kill you.

This is the three largest news sites in Norway, and how they present the story, see links below. I think it is pretty clear what is being said, also the reaction from Dr. Deborah Birx.

Professor advarer mot Trumps coronaforslag: – Du kan bli alvorlig syk (VG 24 April 2020)
(English: "Professor warns against Trump's corona proposal: - You may get seriously ill")

Donald Trump foreslår lys og blekemiddel som kur mot koronaviruset (TV2 24 April 2020)
(English: Donald Trump suggests light and bleach as a cure for the coronavirus)

Leger om Trumps forslag: Ga meg hakeslepp (NRK 24 April 2020)
(English: Doctors on Trump's proposal: Gave me jaw-dropping)

Bjornulf

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 24, 2020 20:10

Nate
Wonder what suggestions Trump will come up with tonight,perhaps flying people to the sun in order to burn away the virus.

Nate

technically that would work.

ha!

what a mess.

Date: April 24, 2020 20:14

There has been a cult, since long before Covid was a thing, which tells its members that drinking bleach will cure everything:
[www.google.com]

As you can imagine, they are over the moon about the latest White House statement.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: April 24, 2020 20:14

The White House press briefings are beginning to challenge Tiger King in terms of shock value entertainment.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 24, 2020 20:24

MisterDDDD

this stupidity is dangerous

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 24, 2020 20:32

I think everybody is looking for a miracle cure to this nightmare, the virus. The bad news are there is no miracle cure. There is no shortcut. There is only one cure : stay 6 feet apart, wash your hands, max five people in one place. Then, as the load on the health system is possible to handle, as the curve is going down, science and feedback from testing will tell us when and how we may do some of our normal things in life.

Bjornulf

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 24, 2020 20:42

jumpontopofmebaby
bv

[www.foxnews.com]

The link you provide says nothing about what you talk about and, of course, it's a baited headline - the fact is in their own statement: "Media erupt". FOX NEWS is entertainment based strictly in opinion. Nobody is a journalist. Facts are not necessary, alternative facts are encouraged (remember the 3 Mexican countries bit?). "Fox News" is an editorial appealer to its audience, choosing to ignore objectivity and facts (aka accuracy). Or for that matter, hilariously, fairness.

One of many issues is that Trump is just running his ignorant mouth. I say ignorant in a realistic way - he's ignorant, even with all the people around him telling him things, because he doesn't pay attention or whatever, doesn't retain information or, most likely, doesn't like the information.

So he says stupid things. A lot of stupid things. He's wondering stupid things - how to get light into the body? He's like a third grader full of wonder. He prattles on about sunlight and heat for viruses, wonders about COVID, says he has a good you know what, which means nothing, then asks about what he just said and is told it doesn't do anything, then says he thinks it's a great thing to look at - he has NO IDEA what he's talking about, because of his not listening, heat and sunlight have no effect on it, but to him it's a great suggestion.

In FEBRUARY it was. When next to nothing was known about it.

That link with the video provides that context, his ignorance, as well as other videos (and hilariously has nothing to do with the disinfectant, which is in the link even). You choose not to see and hear the truth, only what you want to, which is fine, but, just like with Hurricane Dorian, Lysol has issued a statement for shit's sake.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 24, 2020 21:00

And to think...probably four more years of the same ignorance...
Considering the old dullard he's running against, practically a given unfortunately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-24 21:01 by Hairball.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 24, 2020 21:05

Hairball
And to think...probably four more years of the same ignorance...
Considering the old dullard he's running against, practically a given unfortunately.

Roger Waters had some interesting observations about the election in the interview he did with Rolling Stone. I wish he would tell us how he really feels, haha.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 24, 2020 21:06

I'm tired of Trump being misinterpreted or attacked - He simply meant maybe some medicines developed can serve as a disinfectant. No Big Deal. Everyday Trump is attacked -

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 24, 2020 21:24

But you should be used to it by now Chris and not let it bother you - Trump even said himself, to paraphrase:

"Even if I came up with the vaccine and made all of this disease magically disappear, I'd be attacked from a majority of the press"

And then he goes on to say asinine things about the possibility of injecting disinfectants....eye rolling smiley

Date: April 24, 2020 21:36

Nate

Nate

Not a bad idea...of course we could get Joe Bidens plan....but he would forget exactly what that plan was before he finished the first sentence.

And then there is Fancy Nancy...lol no more needs to be said about her

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home