Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 22, 2020 07:11

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 22 April 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 22, 2020 11:49

Study finds no benefit, higher death rate in patients taking hydroxychloroquine for Covid-19 (CNN April 22, 2020)

Coronavirus patients taking hydroxychloroquine, a treatment touted by President Trump, were no less likely to need mechanical ventilation and had higher deaths rates compared to those who did not take the drug, according to a study of hundreds of patients at US Veterans Health Administration medical centers.

French study finds hydroxychloroquine doesn't help patients with coronavirus
In the study of 368 patients, 97 patients who took hydroxychloroquine had a 27.8% death rate. The 158 patients who did not take the drug had an 11.4% death rate.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 22, 2020 12:22

Math is a little off, or a typo.

Of the total tested, were they all in the same condition? Could hydroxychloroquine been given to only the critical patients?

Date: April 22, 2020 13:09

MingSubu

Of the total tested, were they all in the same condition? Could hydroxychloroquine been given to only the critical patients?

The World Health Organization WHO are coordinating a controlled worldwide test project. The project is called SOLIDARITY. Norway was the first country to participate in these tests one month ago. The test is including Remdesivir, Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, Ritonavir/lopinavir and interferon-beta, with thousands of patients. We will see the results from these accurate and detailed scientific tests in a few months time.

Meanwhile, USA, Brazil, France and others have been experimenting on their own with these drugs. There are now quite a few reports on not-so-good results from the chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine tests.

References:

WHO launches global megatrial of the four most promising coronavirus treatments (Science Mar. 22, 2020)

After mocking Trump for promoting hydroxychloroquine, journalists acknowledge it might treat coronavirus (Fox News April 2, 2020)

NIH Panel Recommends Against Drug Combination Promoted By Trump For COVID-19 (NPR April 21, 2020)

COVID-19 treatment hydroxychloroquine showed no benefit, more deaths in VA virus study (Fox News April 21, 2020)

Antimalarials widely used against COVID-19 heighten risk of cardiac arrest. How can doctors minimize the danger? (Science Apr. 21, 2020)

Trump tones down the hydroxychloroquine hype (Politico 04/20/2020)

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-22 13:22 by bv.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 22, 2020 15:08

Number of new cases/hospitalized patients is decreasing in Finland.

However, the government apparently is restricting large events, such as summer festivals. TBA later.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 22, 2020 15:22

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
Better Call Saul is my show. The last episode of season was televised last night.

Many unanswered questions as it should be. Sad part is not knowing when the new season will start.

The pandemic even screws up drama.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but that was the series finale. It's at the point where it merges with Breaking Bad.

Are you sure? this can't be - there are too many loose ends. Do you mean season finale?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-22 15:27 by Chris Fountain.

Date: April 22, 2020 16:02

After having banned all sales of alcohol in bars and restaurants from mid March, the capital city Oslo, Norway will open up for beer sales from places serving food from early May.

Opphever skjenkeforbudet i Oslo (Dagbladet 22 April 2020)

Bjornulf

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 22, 2020 16:17

Bavaria cancels Oktoberfest

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 22, 2020 16:20

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
Better Call Saul is my show. The last episode of season was televised last night.

Many unanswered questions as it should be. Sad part is not knowing when the new season will start.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but that was the series finale. It's at the point where it merges with Breaking Bad.

Are you sure? this can't be - there are too many loose ends. Do you mean season finale?

[www.newsweek.com]

Luckily, AMC has already confirmed that Better Call Saul will be back for Season 6. However, they have also announced that Season 6 will be the last set of episodes from the series, which airs on Netflix outside of the U.S. and Canada.

There will indeed be a Season 6 - next year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-22 16:21 by Topi.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 22, 2020 18:02

bv
After having banned all sales of alcohol in bars and restaurants from mid March, the capital city Oslo, Norway will open up for beer sales from places serving food from early May.

Opphever skjenkeforbudet i Oslo (Dagbladet 22 April 2020)

Germany's Oktoberfest, which starts September 19th and ends in early October, is cancelled.

Can anyone explain why Oktoberfest is mostly in September? That makes no sense, of course. In Louisiana we do Oktoberfest in... October.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 22, 2020 18:09

bv
Study finds no benefit, higher death rate in patients taking hydroxychloroquine for Covid-19 (CNN April 22, 2020)

Coronavirus patients taking hydroxychloroquine, a treatment touted by President Trump, were no less likely to need mechanical ventilation and had higher deaths rates compared to those who did not take the drug..

And Trump’s family owns a stake in a manufacturer of hydroxychloroquine I believe. I wonder why he pushes this treatment?

Rod

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 22, 2020 18:15

GasLightStreet
Rocknroll1969
Maindefender
5stringTele
I hear Tucker Carlson say old people are on their last leg anyway, and I read some of the posts in this thread implying younger people should have the right to ignore restrictions and older people can just stay home. Maybe they're right. We should just kill all of the old people. They just drive slow and smell funny and the only thing they have to offer society is their wisdom and compassion -- two things obviously lacking in the noisy minority.

The restrictions are in effect in the name of public health, which means it's bigger than the individual. I'd like to see those who want those restrictions lifted sign a release ensuring they will waive any medical treatment if/when they fall ill with Covid-19. If you want to risk your own health, you should have no right to take hospital beds away from innocent victims of Covid-19 (not to mention all of the patients needing other life-saving surgeries or treatments). You may have the right to risk your own health to cover for the fact that you didn't save enough money to survive a drought, but you don't have the right to wreck the healthcare system for everybody else.

When you say you "hear" Tucker Carlson said, did you actually hear it yourself. I watch him almost every night and have never heard anything remotely close to this unless he was bantering (Intelligently) with an guest in discussion.

It was Bill O’Reilly that made that comment. [www.realclearpolitics.com]

Regardless, it wasn't said by a journalist.

Brilliant!!!!

Rod

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 22, 2020 18:22

bitusa2012
bv

Coronavirus patients taking hydroxychloroquine, a treatment touted by President Trump, were no less likely to need mechanical ventilation and had higher deaths rates compared to those who did not take the drug..

And Trump’s family owns a stake in a manufacturer of hydroxychloroquine I believe. I wonder why he pushes this treatment?
Of course he does , now it makes complete sense to me . Unbelievable shilling from the Oval office . New lows reached

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 22, 2020 18:37

TheGreek
bitusa2012
bv

Of course he does , now it makes complete sense to me . Unbelievable shilling from the Oval office . New lows reached

Why doesn't everyone support their fake news. This is getting worse than the New Album thread

[www.vox.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 22, 2020 19:04

bitusa2012
bv

NOOOOOOOOO! Really? That's just...

Uh huh. Not a surprise though.

Date: April 22, 2020 19:15

Topi
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

[www.newsweek.com]

Luckily, AMC has already confirmed that Better Call Saul will be back for Season 6. However, they have also announced that Season 6 will be the last set of episodes from the series, which airs on Netflix outside of the U.S. and Canada.

There will indeed be a Season 6 - next year.

And that is great!! but I see 2 more seasons to run its course- AMC will show Season 6??

Date: April 22, 2020 19:19

[www.foxnews.com]

Ummmm.... Hydroxychloroquine saved this woman;s life....and get this she is a Democratic Law Maker from Michigan

So...yes is has helped many many people there is story after story from people that used it the help them recover.

It does not help everyone....but is has helped many

You will not read about it helping anyone on CNN....and thats just sad

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 22, 2020 19:24

jumpontopofmebaby
[www.foxnews.com]

Ummmm.... Hydroxychloroquine saved this woman;s life....and get this she is a Democratic Law Maker from Michigan

So...yes is has helped many many people there is story after story from people that used it the help them recover.

Sorry, but using Faux News as a source for this topic is not credible. You wouldn't consider CNN as a source but they are far more credible. Faux News also said this was a hoax in February.

Date: April 22, 2020 19:24

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
[www.foxnews.com]

Sorry, but using Faux News as a source for this topic is not credible. You wouldn't consider CNN as a source but they are far more credible. Faux News also said this was a hoax in February.

CNN is a joke period.

Date: April 22, 2020 19:31

jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
[www.foxnews.com]

CNN is a joke period.

Someone posted links to all the trash CNN and democratic leaders said about Trump for when he put travel restrictions on China. Also many links to Pelosi Biden etc. about how the virus was not something to worry about. Why does CNN not ever show those? And why were those deleted from here? Truth hurts?

Date: April 22, 2020 19:44

My sister said something very amusing. She said that New York Governor Cuomo acts like an Italian Grandmother.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 22, 2020 19:52

Chris Fountain
My sister said something very amusing. She said that New York Governor Cuomo acts like an Italian Grandmother.

Lol...........he does have that kind and gentle reassuring presence, but at the same time you wouldn't want to mess with him as he might slap you with his granny slipper.

In other news - Missouri is suing China over coronavirus impacts saying the country did 'little to stop the spread of the disease'

CNN

"'The lawsuit, the first of its kind, claims:

"Chinese authorities deceived the public, suppressed crucial information, arrested whistleblowers,
denied human-to-human transmission in the face of mounting evidence,destroyed critical medical research,
permitted millions of people to be exposed to the virus, and even hoarded personal protective equipment—
thus causing a global pandemic that was unnecessary and preventable.
"'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-22 19:53 by Hairball.

Date: April 22, 2020 20:02

Missouri is challenging China? On the USS Missouri?- maybe the Chinese will surrender like the Japanese did on same ship.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-22 20:20 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 22, 2020 20:05

[www.allsides.com]

Calling any one news outlet a joke or trash or Faux means nothing. Almost all of them are biased toward a particular political and cultural point of vew, some more than others, of course. People love to think "their" news outlet is the most trustworthy and honest, but if you're only watching/reading that source, you're living in a bubble of confirmation bias. And there is no way to argue with someone who lives there. They will never venture outside that comfortable echo chamber and truly consider another point of view. It's much easier to dismiss the "other" as liars out to get your kind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-22 20:09 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 22, 2020 20:16

@Chris Fountain - I've been on a tour of the USS Missouri aka the "Mighty Mo" - converted to a museum at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii- fascinating history.

USS Missouri (BB-63)

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 22, 2020 20:25

bv
MingSubu

The World Health Organization WHO are coordinating a controlled worldwide test project. The project is called SOLIDARITY. Norway was the first country to participate in these tests one month ago. The test is including Remdesivir, Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, Ritonavir/lopinavir and interferon-beta, with thousands of patients. We will see the results from these accurate and detailed scientific tests in a few months time.

Meanwhile, USA, Brazil, France and others have been experimenting on their own with these drugs. There are now quite a few reports on not-so-good results from the chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine tests.

References:

WHO launches global megatrial of the four most promising coronavirus treatments (Science Mar. 22, 2020)

After mocking Trump for promoting hydroxychloroquine, journalists acknowledge it might treat coronavirus (Fox News April 2, 2020)

NIH Panel Recommends Against Drug Combination Promoted By Trump For COVID-19 (NPR April 21, 2020)

COVID-19 treatment hydroxychloroquine showed no benefit, more deaths in VA virus study (Fox News April 21, 2020)

Antimalarials widely used against COVID-19 heighten risk of cardiac arrest. How can doctors minimize the danger? (Science Apr. 21, 2020)

How about just a link to the SOLIDARITY project. I dont do news sites, Right or left.

Date: April 22, 2020 20:26

Hairball
@Chris Fountain - I've been on a tour of the USS Missouri aka the "Mighty Mo" - converted to a museum at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii- fascinating history.

USS Missouri (BB-63)

Awesome! That is an incredible piece of history !

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: April 22, 2020 20:34

jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
[www.foxnews.com]

CNN is a joke period.

Fox News is the Harvey Weinstein of the news business.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 22, 2020 20:40

jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
[www.foxnews.com]

CNN is a joke period.

Someone posted links to all the trash CNN and democratic leaders said about Trump for when he put travel restrictions on China. Also many links to Pelosi Biden etc. about how the virus was not something to worry about. Why does CNN not ever show those? And why were those deleted from here? Truth hurts?

That was me (I think) and there are plenty more where they came from. I'm done "discussing" this topic on a Rolling Stones board. Like Facebook, no opinions will be changed on either side. It's like putting two mirrors facing one another. Really a shame but what do you expect from a site where people have gotten increasingly hostile on all topics, e.g. "If you need a refund so badly maybe you shouldn't have bought the tickets in the first place." Etc., etc. I'm outta here.

Date: April 22, 2020 20:41

MingSubu
bv
MingSubu

References:

How about just a link to the SOLIDARITY project. I dont do news sites, Right or left.

If you click on the very first link of mine, you will see the SOLIDARITY project listed there, in detail, i.e. the Science link dated Mar. 22, 2020.

Also, if you search for "solidarity who", you will see this WHO web site among others:

“Solidarity” clinical trial for COVID-19 treatments

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...108109110111112113114115116117118...LastNext
Current Page: 113 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home