Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: February 17, 2020 09:38

I’d expect the Bob Clearmountain mix of Brussels, as it hasn’t been released on physical media outside Japan I would doubt they’d remix other live material. Aside from the alternate versions of album tracks, I’d hope at minimum for Criss Cross, Fast Talking and You Should Have Seen Her. Perhaps Mick has done new vocals for the last two. I should think this would make for a more commercial package.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 17, 2020 09:42

I would like a time machine to give it a different mix and to replace "Can you hear the music" with "Criss Cross Man"!!!
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-17 09:42 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: February 17, 2020 10:02

KRiffhard
I would like a time machine to give it a different mix and to replace "Can you hear the music" with "Criss Cross Man"!!!
[youtu.be]

I'm not a huge fan of "Criss Cross" but it still would have been better than "Hide Your Love."

Date: February 17, 2020 10:07

TeddyB1018
I’d expect the Bob Clearmountain mix of Brussels, as it hasn’t been released on physical media outside Japan I would doubt they’d remix other live material. Aside from the alternate versions of album tracks, I’d hope at minimum for Criss Cross, Fast Talking and You Should Have Seen Her. Perhaps Mick has done new vocals for the last two. I should think this would make for a more commercial package.

It was released on vinyl and cd in the deluxe box set before the Ward-release.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: February 17, 2020 10:28

They might put promo dvd with 3 tracks. Dancing with Mr D. Silver Train & Angie.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: February 17, 2020 10:28

jbwelda
That sounds great and all (I would buy one) but really just Brussels Affair in its entirety would be better. Maybe some stray bonus tracks to finish up the first disk, but Brussels needs to get out to the masses who couldn't afford it as it was released.

jb

I do not think that the early shows of the Tour of Europe at Vienna and Mannheim were recorded professionally otherwise they could add Silver Train and 100 years ago as Bonus tracks, as well as Bitch and Sweet Virginia from Vienna.

They also could select the rare gems from the Nicaraguan Benefit Concert in January, 1973, or a version of Little queenie from the Australian tour.

Moreover, there is a version of YCAGWW with only a guitar solo which would be interesting. And Midnight rambler from Newcastle is different from the Brussels version, but we know for sure that the entire concert was recorded professionally.

If they has soundboard recordings of the Songs mentioned obove there would be lots of material to select from!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-20 10:48 by saltoftheearth.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 17, 2020 12:35

jbwelda
That sounds great and all (I would buy one) but really just Brussels Affair in its entirety would be better. Maybe some stray bonus tracks to finish up the first disk, but Brussels needs to get out to the masses who couldn't afford it as it was released.

jb
In the case of Sticky Fingers there were 4 options:
1. Stand alone CD (2009 brickwalled remaster)
2. Simple Deluxe 2CD (the 1st disc is the same as #1. The 2nd with 5 outtakes and 5 live from Roadhouse). For GHS there is a room for speculations in this case winking smiley.
3. Deluxe in box 2CD+DVD+Book. Same 2CD as for #2 + promo DVD from Marquee 71.
4. Superdeluxe 3CD+DVD+7"+Book (Here you got bonus CD with Leeds 71).
Options 1&2 were affordable, option 3 - so-so (I got it on deep discount two years ago, but initially this one was about 40 Euros). Option 4 was cheap only for 1 hour on amazon uk (due to pricing error). Otherwise it usually overshoot 100 Euros margin.
If they will follow Sticky Fingers pattern... I project Brussels'73 would end up in Superdeeluxe and you'll need to shell of some 100 Euros to get it. It would not be any cheaper than simple option from Japanese Ward records. And knowing the way our boys care of their business there will be no surprise for me. Sorry for pessimism.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 17, 2020 12:59

ironbelly
jbwelda

jb
In the case of Sticky Fingers there were 4 options:
1. Stand alone CD (2009 brickwalled remaster)
2. Simple Deluxe 2CD (the 1st disc is the same as #1. The 2nd with 5 outtakes and 5 live from Roadhouse). For GHS there is a room for speculations in this case winking smiley.
3. Deluxe in box 2CD+DVD+Book. Same 2CD as for #2 + promo DVD from Marquee 71.
4. Superdeluxe 3CD+DVD+7"+Book (Here you got bonus CD with Leeds 71).
Options 1&2 were affordable, option 3 - so-so (I got it on deep discount two years ago, but initially this one was about 40 Euros). Option 4 was cheap only for 1 hour on amazon uk (due to pricing error). Otherwise it usually overshoot 100 Euros margin.
If they will follow Sticky Fingers pattern... I project Brussels'73 would end up in Superdeeluxe and you'll need to shell of some 100 Euros to get it. It would not be any cheaper than simple option from Japanese Ward records. And knowing the way our boys care of their business there will be no surprise for me. Sorry for pessimism.

they did nearly everything right with the totally stripped set (the pricing was excellent) so some hopes are left smiling smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 17, 2020 13:06

DandelionPowderman
TeddyB1018
I’d expect the Bob Clearmountain mix of Brussels, as it hasn’t been released on physical media outside Japan.

But the deluxe was so expensive and rare that it was not released to the regular fans that can barely afford tickets and travel to see them live.

Date: February 17, 2020 13:47

schwonek
DandelionPowderman
TeddyB1018
I’d expect the Bob Clearmountain mix of Brussels, as it hasn’t been released on physical media outside Japan.

But the deluxe was so expensive and rare that it was not released to the regular fans that can barely afford tickets and travel to see them live.

I consider myself a regular fan, although it's true that the box set was bleeding expensive smiling smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 17, 2020 13:47

schwonek
DandelionPowderman
TeddyB1018

Big fancy box - yes, it was expensive. But even that one was on sale for 175$ in 2016. Well, the price double with tax, S&H to Europe anyway.
Ward Records simple deluxe [Ward GQBS 90009-12] Marquee 71 (CD+DVD) + Brussels 73 (2CD) is still on sale from amazon jp at ~100 Euros (all taxes, S&H included). And you can find it a bit cheaper from time to time on ebay.

hockenheim95

they did nearly everything right with the totally stripped set (the pricing was excellent) so some hopes are left smiling smiley
Price - yes. Missing Toshiba and Lisbon sessions - no excuse winking smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-17 13:51 by ironbelly.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: February 17, 2020 14:32

Including Through the Lonely Nights probably depends on if they will reissue a bonus cuts It’s Only Rock n Roll.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: February 17, 2020 14:47

ironbelly
schwonek
DandelionPowderman
TeddyB1018

Big fancy box - yes, it was expensive. But even that one was on sale for 175$ in 2016. Well, the price double with tax, S&H to Europe anyway.
Ward Records simple deluxe [Ward GQBS 90009-12] Marquee 71 (CD+DVD) + Brussels 73 (2CD) is still on sale from amazon jp at ~100 Euros (all taxes, S&H included). And you can find it a bit cheaper from time to time on ebay.

hockenheim95

And the rare tracks from the second Paradiso-gig are missing as well.
No excuse at all angry smiley

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 17, 2020 15:23

I would just like 10 (or more) unreleased tracks - different versions of the album tracks, outtakes etc

I've got Brussels, a different mix or whatever of that is not a priority for me.

Funny about all this talk of 'tarnishing the legacy', compared to the Beatles, Who, Beach Boys, the Stones re-relases have been very poor.

(excepting perhaps the Some Girls one, and frankly that could have been much much more expansive).

In 10 or 20 more years there will be almost nobody alive who cares to hear odd unreleased Stones tracks from the 70s, so let us hear it while we still breathe!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: February 17, 2020 15:28

Stones at the top, fantastic, what a groove !

KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-17 15:28 by powerage78.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: February 17, 2020 19:49

ironbelly
schwonek
DandelionPowderman
TeddyB1018

hockenheim95

And the other Paradiso show.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: February 17, 2020 19:51

TravelinMan
Including Through the Lonely Nights probably depends on if they will reissue a bonus cuts It’s Only Rock n Roll.

I don't think they will include it. They didn't include Everything's Turning To Gold on the Some Girls Deluxe Edition.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 18, 2020 02:52

JordyLicks96
KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

I'm not a huge fan of "Criss Cross" but it still would have been better than "Hide Your Love."

That's funny. Criss Cross Mind is a much better song than Silver Train!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 18, 2020 02:56

TravelinMan

That doesn't make any sense.

Just consider what wasn't released on GHS that there are finished masters of:

Criss Cross Mind
Through The Lonely Nights
Tops
Waiting On A Friend

Certainly they finished more than the 2 for GHS (obviously excluding the tracks for TATTOO YOU) that didn't get put on the LP.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 18, 2020 13:00

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: February 18, 2020 14:47

jbwelda
No, I did not, but I am a physical product kinda person anyhow. I have bought a couple of downloads but only if it is the only alternative.

I have original boot release of BA though...its just that if an official one is available I feel obligated to buy it, plus it will probably be an improvement in sound quality (I hope).

And I think it would be a perfect match for GHS, and its about time for some trickle down economy.

jb

The official Brussels Affair only has three tracks from the original boot - BS, MR and SFM (I think) - so the official version is definitely worth having.

Date: February 18, 2020 14:59

Captain Teague
jbwelda
No, I did not, but I am a physical product kinda person anyhow. I have bought a couple of downloads but only if it is the only alternative.

I have original boot release of BA though...its just that if an official one is available I feel obligated to buy it, plus it will probably be an improvement in sound quality (I hope).

And I think it would be a perfect match for GHS, and its about time for some trickle down economy.

jb

The official Brussels Affair only has three tracks from the original boot - BS, MR and SFM (I think) - so the official version is definitely worth having.

+ the solo on ADTL pasted in.

Date: February 18, 2020 20:11

On the early version of WOAF an acoustic is audible. To me it sounds like Taylor playing. It's not a part that Keith, and esp. not Jagger would play.
it's hard to find the acoustic because the main guitar sounds close to an acoustic to begin with. and there's a good bit of reverb. What really justifies the presence of an acoustic guitar is that it is a very educated, reasonable theory. The Stones would almost definitely use an acoustic guitar for a song lime this, on a basic track, in '73.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: February 19, 2020 00:27

DandelionPowderman
Captain Teague
jbwelda

jb

Strange.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 19, 2020 06:52

GasLightStreet
JordyLicks96
KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

That's funny. Criss Cross Mind is a much better song than Silver Train!

Silver Train is a poor man's All Down The Line.

In other words, the GOLD goes to ADTL, and the Silver, well...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 19, 2020 08:11

Hugh got the silver ….

ROCKMAN

Date: February 19, 2020 13:29

TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman
Captain Teague
jbwelda

jb

Strange.

I'm actually glad I saw this post. I have several BA's, and then the official one, but I got to be honest - I didn't really notice that the official version was that drastically different.
There was a time when I'd buy like a Wax'n Fax book, or a Karnbach data book and study every page and notation, but I don't do that anymore.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 19, 2020 15:40

Rockman
Hugh got the silver ….

and Ty got the diamond...from the mine.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 19, 2020 18:30

Rocky Dijon
Again, put it down to speculation only unless mpj200 or Soldatti confirm.

The list was: All the Rage, Save Me, Scarlet, Fragile, Tropical Disease, Separate Ways.

If this is credible, there are either more outtakes or some alternate versions because there will be at least ten tracks on the Rarities disc.

I would imagine THE BRUSSELS AFFAIR with its otherwise difficult to market cover art will be one of two additional discs in the deluxe version.

Hope we get these!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: February 19, 2020 19:08

Like many of you, my hunch would be that Brussels Affair is included, but maybe only on a "super deluxe" version. The January benefit concert, and even Austrailian tour in February seem like extensions of STP to me, whereas, the Fall really is more of a GHS-ish tour.

Beyond that, I really hope for "Criss Cross Mind (Save Me)" as I only have 90 second fade out clip of it on the boots I have (?) Maybe it's lifted from whatever movie it is that people are talking about?

Otherwise I'd love a "cleaned up" 'Potted Shrimp' and 'Separately' (or maybe those are from other sessions?)...is 'Separately' the same as 'Separate Ways'?

I've never heard 'All The Rage', 'Scarlet' or 'Fragile'...all sounds exciting to me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-21 19:45 by floodonthepage.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1993
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home