Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: Keith and Mick chime in on Climate Strike
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 21, 2019 22:04

Now you're comparing Greta Thunberg with Josef Stalin, dcba. Earlier you said she had eyes like a dead rotten cod and compared her with a German WWII Stuka Pilot (however veiled).
You seem to have lost your judgement completely. If you ever had one.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 21, 2019 22:10

coming back to the topic: Keith, Mick and Ronnie worrying about Climata Chance.

I think it's just a PR thing (all three of them posting the very same stuff). And it's also hypocrisy. – Does anyone remember that they let Jeep sponsor the European legs of the No Filter in 2017 and 2018? Right, Jeep. I guess that's telling enough how serious we can take this band's worries about climate change. Sorry, there's nothing to be proud of,

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: September 21, 2019 22:20

slewan

I think it's just a PR thing (all three of them posting the very same stuff). And it's also hypocrisy. – Does anyone remember that they let Jeep sponsor the European legs of the No Filter in 2017 and 2018? Right, Jeep. I guess that's telling enough how serious we can take this band's worries about climate change. Sorry, there's nothing to be proud of,

Sorry, but I would say your comments smack of hysterical rhetoric and woke political correctness. Do you eat eggs? I assume that the answer is yes. For all practical intents and purposes, there is no difference between you eating eggs and your neighbour driving a Jeep. Please think about that.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 21, 2019 22:32

slewan

thumbs up

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: September 21, 2019 22:34

A reassuring thought, that so many Stones fans are climate experts smiling smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 21, 2019 22:34

Over-population = more cars , disposables, sewage, pollution, littering cow emissions, so forth.

Why not only 2 children per family? Just a recommendation, and NOT a mandate.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 21, 2019 22:35

MileHigh
slewan

Sorry, but I would say your comments smack of hysterical rhetoric and woke political correctness. Do you eat eggs? I assume that the answer is yes. For all practical intents and purposes, there is no difference between you eating eggs and your neighbour driving a Jeep. Please think about that.

I'm not talking about people eating eggs or driving Jeeps. I was talking about people who partnering up with Jeep and then saying that they are worried about climate change (the Stones are free to pick another sponsor).

(btw: I do eat eggs – on average maybe one in a two weeks, but I don't do any advertisment for food industries and I don't buy eggs from companies that don't give a sh*t about our environment)

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 21, 2019 23:06

The one thing I never see in these "debates" is what are the climate change believers are doing themselves in their daily lives to help in this "crisis". I for one being a "denier" use mass transit for work. I figure why not, I live 2 blocks away from a train station and it lets me off a few blocks away from my job. On Sundays I take a 15 min ride (in a Ford Focus) to take my 94 yr old Mother (a real bleeding heart Trump hating, Antifa sympathizing liberal) to the Shop Rite once a week and decided to do my shopping at the same time. I've noticed a receptacle by the the door just for plastic bags it's overflowing every week yet I have seen supposed environmentally responsible people put bags in there and come out afterwards with more bags. So I save the untorn ones from our shopping and try to get a second use out of them. Not more than 2-3 times for sanitary reasons. Those are just a couple of small examples this denier does. I want to hear from the virtuous that resort to insults and mockery of people like me as to what they are doing about it. Maybe myself and others can benefit and try to follow your personal examples (not words, but true examples) to improve ourselves regardless of what we believe.

BV, with that huge ass carbon footprint you lay down to see the Stones, I'm particularly interested in what you do to help reduce it.

Date: September 21, 2019 23:15

Aaah, if Uncle Frank was still alive.

Frank being frank.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 21, 2019 23:23

nick
BV, with that huge ass carbon footprint you lay down to see the Stones, I'm particularly interested in what you do to help reduce it.

Attacking me as a person is so amateurish, sort of last resort, when there is a complete lack of real documentation. If it is of any help to you, I haven't eaten meat in 25 years, I don't buy new cloths, my T-shirts were bought at K-Mart in Philadelphia 2013, they seems to last forever, I don't drive a car, I bike, and I don't really care what others do, I never buy cloths.

What I do for 77 days on a Stones tour is not interesting, the rest of the year I do nothing. 365 - 77 = most of the year, times six decades means what we do on tour is not interesting. But what you do for breakfast, lunch, dinner, every day, all year, how you get to and from work, how your shopping habits are, what and how much garbage you waste, and what you personally do with mother earth, is more important. Multiply that with all the people in your country, may be 10, 100 or 300 million, then I am nothing, but may be your habits are more to be concerned about, if there is a pattern.

The climate problem is a political issue, not a personal issue. Don't waste time trying to convince me about the greatness of driving a car or eating meat or shopping or other waste stuff, I am not there. This issue is not related to me as a person, but rather to politicians who need to do something, and believen me, they have already started. About time.

Bjornulf

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 21, 2019 23:30

If the climate is a political issue and you delete political posts then how do these topics continue? I was actually trying to get other people to tell us how to help in our own daily lives vs just preaching about it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-21 23:32 by nick.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 21, 2019 23:36

TheflyingDutchman
Aaah, if Uncle Frank was still alive.

Frank being frank.

And Uncle George: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: September 21, 2019 23:42

slewan
MileHigh
slewan

I'm not talking about people eating eggs or driving Jeeps. I was talking about people who partnering up with Jeep and then saying that they are worried about climate change (the Stones are free to pick another sponsor).

(btw: I do eat eggs – on average maybe one in a two weeks, but I don't do any advertisment for food industries and I don't buy eggs from companies that don't give a sh*t about our environment)

But the point is that eating eggs and driving a Jeep are both things that require the consumption of energy. Without food you starve to death. Without internal combustion engine vehicles you also starve to death. So what makes Jeeps "bad" when everyone uses internal combustion engine vehicles whether they drive or not? I am not fond of litmus tests for sponsors because Jeeps are not "bad" any more than eating eggs is "bad." Reducing our consumption of energy and changing how we produce that energy are issues that are going to take decades to work out. Being "mad" at the Rolling Stones for having Jeep as a sponsor and then walking back to the parking lot to drive home after the concert does not make much sense.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: September 21, 2019 23:49

Chris Fountain
Over-population is the culprit to all these climate change issues. angry smiley
Even on this there is a lot of misinformation, in the western world the birth rate is very low, there are older than children and young people, how do you think economic systems can resist these dysfunctions? We don't get richer if we are less, we become richer only if young people work.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 21, 2019 23:58

Some people mention over population, but this isn't very accurate. Compare the exuberant lifestyle of a USA person (meat consumption, miles driven, consumerist products bought, clothes bought) with someone in India, or Nicaragua.

Population is an element in the mix, but wildly consumptive lifestyles play a far, far greater role in environmental degradation

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 21, 2019 23:59

bv

The climate problem is a political issue, not a personal issue.

I think it's personal first. When the people change, the government follows.
If we ask government to make laws that the public rejects, we will have trouble.
What if the government looks at the Stones and decides these massive tours are bad for the economy? Will you complain?
Remember during WW2 governments ordered rationing and curfews and the curtailment of travel? Anybody who feels climate change is a crisis needs to do those things. Bear in mind, I believe you are sincere and making changes.
But Mick and Keith? They should either walk the talk or shut up.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 22, 2019 00:04

Testify
Chris Fountain
Over-population is the culprit to all these climate change issues. angry smiley
Even on this there is a lot of misinformation, in the western world the birth rate is very low, there are older than children and young people, how do you think economic systems can resist these dysfunctions? We don't get richer if we are less, we become richer only if young people work.

Thanks for the post. I beg to differ. How does the increase in population help anything? Were these issues in the 1700s or 18oos where the world was less dense and folks could drink and live off the land?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 22, 2019 00:21

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: September 22, 2019 00:30

GasLightStreet
Markdog
Human caused global warming is pure nonsense. CO2 is vital to photosynthesis of plant growth. More co2 more growth. It’s all about taxes and wealth redistribution. Its why they had to change it to climate change from global warming so that if anything happens it’s your fault. Climate always changes look at history and the recent ice age. It warmed naturally.
If you honestly think if you give enough money to politicians they will fix the climate....Not here to debate but what a scam this is....

You don't understand how CO2 works, yet alone the silly aspect of "more CO2 more growth". Which probably means you don't understand any of it.

It's become too normal for people to be headline readers only (read - LAZY) and not learn anything, not read the whys and hows, which you demonstrate excellently. Fortunately your opinion doesn't matter in respect to reality - it's happening whether you think it's pure nonsense or not. Just as with the people saying 'You fly in airplanes and have trucks bringing your stages around the world' - while it's true that it contributes, jumping on that idiot bandwagon accomplishes nothing. No one can just simply change the way things are done nor will the industries that provide all the fossil fuel burning vehicles simply stop making them. It's beyond a mind set of which is already stuck in a constant finger point of buts and ifw, shoulds and shouldn'ts.

I read both side in depth for 15 years. The headline readers fall for it. Touché.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 22, 2019 00:58

dcba

Part of me also takes that Greta thing with extreme caution. The kind of moral terror imposed upon grown-ups by children reminds of what Uncle Joe (Stalin) used to do in USSR...

One can certainly debate anything concerning Greta...
but this sentence reflects perfectly an immense lack of
historic knowledge and much more for sure.
It's the dumbest bullshit I read at iorr for ages...
Congrats !

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 22, 2019 01:20

bv
nick

politicians who need to do something, and believen me, they have already started. About time.
They act too slow! And a lot of them are still sleeping...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 22, 2019 01:33

Kim Kardashian still thinks climate change
means having lots of clothes to suit all weather conditions ……

ROCKMAN

Date: September 22, 2019 01:36

bv
nick

Attacking me as a person is so amateurish, sort of last resort, when there is a complete lack of real documentation. If it is of any help to you, I haven't eaten meat in 25 years, I don't buy new cloths, my T-shirts were bought at K-Mart in Philadelphia 2013, they seems to last forever, I don't drive a car, I bike, and I don't really care what others do, I never buy cloths.

What I do for 77 days on a Stones tour is not interesting, the rest of the year I do nothing. 365 - 77 = most of the year, times six decades means what we do on tour is not interesting. But what you do for breakfast, lunch, dinner, every day, all year, how you get to and from work, how your shopping habits are, what and how much garbage you waste, and what you personally do with mother earth, is more important. Multiply that with all the people in your country, may be 10, 100 or 300 million, then I am nothing, but may be your habits are more to be concerned about, if there is a pattern.

The climate problem is a political issue, not a personal issue. Don't waste time trying to convince me about the greatness of driving a car or eating meat or shopping or other waste stuff, I am not there. This issue is not related to me as a person, but rather to politicians who need to do something, and believen me, they have already started. About time.

That's illogical, captain.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 22, 2019 01:54

Rockman

Really? I didn’t know she could think!

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 22, 2019 01:57

grzegorz67
Rockman

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Who? smiling smiley

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 22, 2019 02:04

I don't know about you but I barely wore my winter coat in the last 5 years. I have lived here all my life and I dn't remember 90-100 degree farhrenheit days in September from 1965-1990. we only had 2 days of below 32 degrees fahrenheit last winter.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 22, 2019 02:04

Paris Hilton rang and told her …..

ROCKMAN

Date: September 22, 2019 02:14

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-22 02:18 by Stoneage.

Date: September 22, 2019 02:27

Crucial decisions about environmental policies must of course be taken on a macro level (state and international level). To leave this to individual decisions would be like not doing anything at all.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 22, 2019 02:28

How about we just agree that in this day and age, we have no choice but to be hypocrites

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home