Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14
Miami show Friday 30-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 30, 2019 15:49

This thread is for live updates and comments regarding The Rolling Stones No Filter show at Hard Rock Stadium, Miami FL USA, Friday August 30, 2019.

Please tell us your pre- and post-show thoughts and comments here.

Please send your comments, reviews, links and more to: iorr@arena.no

Editorial reports from the show will be published here:

The Rolling Stones - Hard Rock Stadium - Miami FL USA - Friday August 30, 2019

Song vote:

Miami Song Vote

For the pre-show talks regarding this show please see the thread:

Miami FL USA 2019 travel and show info

The Rolling Stones are expected on stage at 8:30pm EDT (Eastern Time).
There will be NO support act!!! Don't be late!!!

For time zone info please see:

[www.timeanddate.com]

IORR 2019 tour links:

No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019

Hurricane updates:

Tropical storm Dorian warnings for Miami Florida this week-end

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-30 15:52 by bv.

Re: Miami show Friday 30-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: August 30, 2019 16:10

My trip got struck by Dorian but for those of you who can make it enjoy the show! It is a special show in so many ways and The Rolling Stones are on fire!

Re: Miami show Friday 30-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 30, 2019 16:45

Still building the Stage, mounting the Video-Panels (09:38am EDT):

Live-Webcam - [www.WeatherBug.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-30 16:50 by Irix.

Date: August 30, 2019 17:11

Drinking a cold at the Dallas airport 9:10 am. Headed to see the god damn Rolling Stones.

Shaaaaddddooooobbbbiiieeee

Date: August 30, 2019 17:15

Official apologies (posted by Mick Jagger - Thu, 29-Aug-2019, 11:13pm UTC) :

[www.Instagram.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

The Rolling Stones - (30-Aug-2019, 2:23pm UTC) :

"We’re looking forward to seeing you in Miami this evening. We’re sorry to those who aren’t able to make the change of date, due to the predicted weather. The Rolling Stones were under pressure to cancel the show - something we were determined not to do if at all possible. Weather predictions are that the winds are going to increase from Saturday for several days and our technical team advised that for any date later than Saturday at best, the show would have to play with no towers or screens and at worst would not play at all given the uncertainty about power disruption. In addition many of our crew and staff are contracted to be on other tours in other parts of the world commencing early September. For these and other logistical reasons, the only viable option was exceptionally to move the show forward ahead of the impending hurricane. Our production team has done a truly remarkable job in accomplishing this feat and they thank the fans for the gratitude shown by so many of you." -- [www.Instagram.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [Twitter.com] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-30 17:51 by Irix.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: August 30, 2019 17:16

And I'm taking a quick break from bringing in all my patio furniture and closing all the shutters... Sigh.

But will be there tonight!

Date: August 30, 2019 17:30

Official T-Shirt & Poster:

"This design celebrates the relevance of Swim Week Miami, while subtly pulling inspiration from the city’s art deco architecture."

[TheRollingStonesShop.com]

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] · [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

Design by Arian Buhler - [www.Instagram.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-30 19:05 by Irix.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: August 30, 2019 17:37

On a plane from Austin now. Looking forward to a great show tonight. Then A flight home tomorrow. Pit tonightsmiling smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 30, 2019 17:42

best decision given the circumstances

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: August 30, 2019 17:42

I live close to the Stadium so I will be there tonight! So glad they didn't cancel. Any thoughts on whether we will get a great show or they will be going through the motions to hurry up and get the hell out of dodge? Of if we will be able to tell anyway b/c they are so professional.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 30, 2019 17:43

Glad they have shade; it is hotter than 40 hells here.

Date: August 30, 2019 17:57

Ironically, the storm now looks like it wont even make landfall until early Tuesday now, so they probably could have kept it for Saturday anyway!

Date: August 30, 2019 18:00

rlj1010
Ironically, the storm now looks like it wont even make landfall until early Tuesday now, so they probably could have kept it for Saturday anyway!

you dont want to play cards with thousands people moving and hundreds working to build and unbuild a giant stage with towers...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 30, 2019 18:07

Plenty of space on flight going into Miami today I suppose, because going out of Miami is on top of the list for most people here.

My flight from Phoenix into Miami/FLL yesterday had 25 people cancel last minute, according to the crew, lots of free seats on that flight.

Bjornulf

Date: August 30, 2019 18:16

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-30 20:28 by rlj1010.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 30, 2019 18:18

FYI - There are PITS for sale on Stubhub now for $575.
Also Sec. 115 (sideview) for $107.
Prices still dropping.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 30, 2019 18:18

maumau
rlj1010

you dont want to play cards with thousands people moving and hundreds working to build and unbuild a giant stage with towers...

They really showed how committed they are to the fans by pulling this off a day early. Enabling many to get in and out of the area safely as well as assuring most could get refunds if they chose not to attend.

Bravo!

Date: August 30, 2019 18:23

MisterDDDD

They really showed how committed they are to the fans by pulling this off a day early. Enabling many to get in and out of the area safely as well as assuring most could get refunds if they chose not to attend.

Bravo!

agree 100%

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 30, 2019 18:40

I performed 'fore a Florida Hurricane
And I howled at the moon in the drivin' rain

Well it's all right
Now that we got some cash
Well it's all right
I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
Waitin' line for gas

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 30, 2019 19:44

rlj1010

That´s what I thought. If they had waited one more day...
the predictions are better now for the original date.

Imagine you had tickets for the first date, then rescheduled
everything and you fly in today...and miss it confused smiley Shit.

It´s a rather sad ending for a great tour. Stay safe everyone.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 30, 2019 19:55

TooTough
rlj1010

There's really no way to predict any of this with certainty. Everyone did their best, I'm sure. I know it is horribly disappointing to those effected.

Date: August 30, 2019 20:01

TooTough
rlj1010

i understand the delusion of all fans who can't reschedule for today
but how can anyone miss the fact that this is a decision that has to be made with a certain advance. there are thousands people involved... and safeness is the main point here
shit happens and so do tropical storms
the band could easily care nothing at all and cancel. their financial damage would be minimal and zero risks

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 30, 2019 20:01

TooTough

Quite the opposite imo.

Waiting a day would have meant go on Saturday or cancel.
Hindsight isn't really an option for those trying to get the show in safely and no working crystal ball.

Triumphant ending to a fantastic tour chocked full of obstacles.
Most would have bet there would be no way for them to play every single city after Mick's health issues forced rescheduling to summer dates.
Yet here we are... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Again..
Bravo!!

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: August 30, 2019 20:04

They could not have the concert on Saturday. A large percentage of the attendees live in affected areas. Anybody who thinks all you need to do to prepare for a hurricane is go home and close the windows has not been through a mandatory evacuation.

People in Palm Beach and adjacent counties are going bat shit crazy already, and understandably so. There are a million things you have to do to protect your family and your property before you evacuate, and many of those things require waiting in long lines or hitting multiple stores to find one that still has stock.

This wasn't a case of the Stones saying, "Gee, out of niceness, let's try to schedule around the hurricane." What happened was the local authorities said, "No concert Saturday. PERIOD." The local authorities are responsible for protecting millions of lives. They don't mess around.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 30, 2019 20:10

This is all kind of cool. Maybe there's a big percentage of big fans in the crowd, making this extra special. I hope you guys have a great gig. Cheers!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 30, 2019 20:35

frankotero
This is all kind of cool. Maybe there's a big percentage of big fans in the crowd, making this extra special. I hope you guys have a great gig. Cheers!

Maybe some real fans who got priced out will be able to go now, and will be loud

Date: August 30, 2019 20:43

Yeah, possibly a good break for the die hards. Fingers are crossed for my brothers and sisters. Hope it rocks hard! Maybe this will be a perfect end to the USA Tour.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: August 30, 2019 20:43

Tonight's concert will be a last moment of normalcy before the mayhem begins for thousands of people there. Some will have their lives changed forever. I hope the Stones make an effort to give them a memory that will help them through the dark times that lie ahead.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: August 30, 2019 20:47

Pit 1 $494.50 on TM now... i hope those ridiculous priced MF's got stuck with their tix. Damn shame i got mine early on and still paid $600 but to see those asking prices on the TM app pisses me off.

Anyhow can't wait for tonight. Wish we had more sun and less clouds for those here.

BTW was there a song vote I missed or nah?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-30 20:49 by chevysales.

Date: August 30, 2019 20:48

This concert has an exciting element to it, because they didn't have to go through with it and it's seemingly shaken things up. Something we don't see lately. This is why I think it's going to be special. I have a lot of hope for the audience and The Stones too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-30 20:49 by frankotero.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home