Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 11 of 14
Re: Miami show Friday 30-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: August 31, 2019 16:56

Videos going up here on my channel dnewton98 - large files taking a while.grinning smiley[www.youtube.com] Great show.. really great and we got wet more than once - 2 or 3 showers. One before the show and 2 during.

Re: Miami show Friday 30-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: August 31, 2019 16:58

maumau
dnewton98 usual great job...
IORR and the rest on his yt page
video: [youtu.be]

ha ha... shhhh but I am a she...my name is Donna.. ha

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 31, 2019 17:04

It's early Saturday morning in California.
O have only seen the opener on YouTube.

Incredible .
Dunno what came next yet, but boy, I'm likely
to just watch that one again.
I'm so glad Bill wrote that one!!
Whoo.

I was there in 72, two cities near
the windup shows ....
I didn't think, straight out did not tho I love each of them,
really think they could not only smack the
hell out of that one....but continue
To Rule, and set the standard.
Beyond the standard, ... Keith has
Magnificent natural presence, warmth and
Command....the 2nd line ain't cueing
off of Chuck in those high ballerina movements of...
KEITH!? Yep, he's fascinating...
Gramps kicks like a young mule...
Yeh he's the master poser performer

But I think he was connecting for real,
and those confident grins , well
Leo the Lion....jaguar in that cat, too.

with ....aw I dunno,...I'm thrilled and
gonna watch more of the show soon but wow
JJF Miami. His singing is very soulful here...
the bluesy turns , country bluesy mature Mick
here, reminds me of the twists and turns hag always
pulled off.....
You can tell Mick knows they are ALL on it...
He's fascinating as ever and more...

I've seen them more recently than 47 years ago,
But that's how long since that birthday cake
thing.....
....k always said he wanted to see how
Far they could take this thing....
He might have surprised himself.
I love The Rolling Stones,
I told my friends in 1964..
I love The Rolling Stones.
They brought it. IT.
Charmed beyond speech....emo and very proud
to throw my life on the tracks of rock and roll,
then run like hell toward the oncoming train....

The Rolling Stones - Miami FL 30-August-2019
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 31, 2019 17:10

Stones Wrap Up No Filter Tour with One Hell of a Hurricane Party at Hard Rock Stadium

Wendy Rhodes | August 31, 2019

Michele Eve Sandberg

If you thought an impending Category 4 storm with 135-mph winds and flooding rains would keep the World’s Greatest Rock & Roll Band away from their fans in Miami, you don’t know the Rolling Stones.

Mick Jagger was born in a crossfire hurricane. In fact, those were his first words when the Stones hit the stage almost an hour late Friday for the final night of the North American leg of the No Filter Tour at Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium.

Jagger sang “Jumping Jack Flash” to a ravenous and drenched crowd who delayed stockpiling food and nailing up storm shutters, only to be soaked by a heavy downpour just before the show began.

Guitarists Keith Richards and Ron Wood traded licks on “It’s Only Rock and Roll (But I Like It)” and “Tumbling Dice” before Jagger paused to apologize to the crowd for “screwing up” everyone’s weekend plans.

The tour was originally scheduled to kick off in Miami on April 20 but had to be postponed to August 31 because Jagger needed heart surgery. A few days ago, it was moved a second time — from Saturday to Friday night — because of the approaching hurricane.

After receiving collective forgiveness from an audience that was elated to see them under any circumstances, the Stones rolled into “I’m Out of Control” and “Under My Thumb.”

Guitarists Keith Richards and Ron Wood traded licks on “It’s Only Rock and Roll (But I Like It)” and “Tumbling Dice” before Jagger paused to apologize to the crowd for “screwing up” everyone’s weekend plans.

The tour was originally scheduled to kick off in Miami on April 20 but had to be postponed to August 31 because Jagger needed heart surgery. A few days ago, it was moved a second time — from Saturday to Friday night — because of the approaching hurricane.

After receiving collective forgiveness from an audience that was elated to see them under any circumstances, the Stones rolled into “I’m Out of Control” and “Under My Thumb.”

Wood worked the crowd with infinite charisma and a sly smile, while Watts perched behind his minimalistic drum set looking shy and slightly detached.

And then, in a quintessential example of the raw genius that defined the early Stones, Jagger and Richards together belted out the soulful, bluesy lyrics of the two early classics that helped seal their reputation as the most the enchanting and enduring partnership in rock.

Back at the main stage, Jagger donned black sequin tails and a black hat for an impassioned version of “Sympathy for the Devil” and then “Honky Tonk Women” before again apologizing for being late, joking that he got “stuck in Mar-a-Lago traffic.’

Wood worked the crowd with infinite charisma and a sly smile, while Watts perched behind his minimalistic drum set looking shy and slightly detached.

And then, in a quintessential example of the raw genius that defined the early Stones, Jagger and Richards together belted out the soulful, bluesy lyrics of the two early classics that helped seal their reputation as the most the enchanting and enduring partnership in rock.

Back at the main stage, Jagger donned black sequin tails and a black hat for an impassioned version of “Sympathy for the Devil” and then “Honky Tonk Women” before again apologizing for being late, joking that he got “stuck in Mar-a-Lago traffic.’

“We saved the best for last,” Jagger said as they broke into “Brown Sugar,” the final song of the regular set and which featured a riveting sax solo by Karl Denson.

And then, falling somewhere in the category of “you can’t make this stuff up,” the pre-show downpour returned precisely during the opening notes of the first encore song, “Gimme Shelter.”

Jagger and the extraordinarily talented and electrifying back-up singer Sasha Allen danced together down the catwalk to the mini stage, where Jagger raised his arms to the sky and let the rain wash over him.

The pair nailed the aching, emotional intensity of the song before Jagger helped Allen back to the main stage down the rain-soaked runway.

The showers tapered off during the second encore song, “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction,” which saw the entire band, even Watts, laughing, playing, and appearing to have the time of their lives.

Fireworks shot up above the massive screens just as the band walked off stage. Almost immediately, the sky opened up again, the rain blowing in sheets across the field and parking lot, flooding the ground under several inches of water and making it difficult to walk.

No one complained.

[www.miaminewtimes.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 31, 2019 17:30

Nikkei
Rumour has it that Chuck Leavell was rushed off in an ER

??
Any info on this rumor?
Haven't seen anything else posted about this.. anyone else??

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 31, 2019 17:38

dnewton99
maumau
dnewton98 usual great job...
IORR and the rest on his yt page
video: [youtu.be]

ha ha... shhhh but I am a she...my name is Donna.. ha

ahahahah sooooorry! awesome videos Donna smileys with beer

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 31, 2019 17:51

Adding a special thanks to Debbie Tiger, Diana and Tim for great feeds on Periscope and Facebook.
I had the opportunity to add my friend from Miami who was supposed to go with me (trip cancelled.) She had never seen the band, and she was thrilled. thumbs up

MisterDDDD, I didn't say earlier how much I appreciated your comment about me missing the show, very nice. smoking smileycool smiley

Until the next time!

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-31 17:53 by angee.

Date: August 31, 2019 19:00

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outgrinning smileysmiling bouncing smileythumbs up - no way you could know with the intentionally vague Youtube user name.. but for IORR I don't mind if people know it's me.. ha

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: August 31, 2019 19:13

I was looking for pipes that were spraying water on them, it literally starting pouring during Gimme Shelter. And damn I didn't get pictures!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 31, 2019 19:16

Nikkei

Charlie just got word about the next tour

"This was all supposed to end over 10 years ago"!!!

grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 31, 2019 19:25

From the Sun Sentinel review posted by bye bye johnny:

"There are Rolling Stones fans who no longer attend shows for fear of destroying the hermetically sealed memory of their favorite concert by the band.
Again on Friday night, Jagger & Co. proved that is a mistake. More than 50 years after their first U.S. tour, the Rolling Stones remain a great rock ‘n’ roll band
with a rich and culturally resonant discography, which got a full workout at Hard Rock Stadium...".

If there are any future shows, hope those stubborn fans don't make the same mistake again!
Go see them as they are HOT! thumbs up

Date: August 31, 2019 20:33

Got entire show except one Keith song on video from PIT2. Loads of fun closeups. I now have a playlist loaded on Youtube in set list order. Check out Gimme Shelter - the rain makes vid look super cool. Playlist for Miami here [www.youtube.com]

Date: August 31, 2019 20:48

dnewton99
Got entire show except one Keith song on video from PIT2. Loads of fun closeups. I now have a playlist loaded on Youtube in set list order. Check out Gimme Shelter - the rain makes vid look super cool. Playlist for Miami here [www.youtube.com]

smileys with beer
Thanks!
Stunning video of GS !!

Oh, a storm is threat'ning
My very life today
If I don't get some shelter...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-31 20:56 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 31, 2019 21:21

FYI. Spoke to Chuck this morning and he is fine!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 31, 2019 21:25

What an amazing tour! What an amazing band! What an amazing show! What an amazing set of fans! And what an amazing BV! Until Spring my friends.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: August 31, 2019 21:25

I'm finding that some people didn't follow Mick's giant pythons joke.

He said that after watching the Weather Channel, he went out for a long walk, and he saw a lot of large iguanas. But then he started seeing large pythons. Then he said, "All I can say is, 'Send them back!"

Most in the audience laughed, some groaned, and some spewed steam out of their ears.

For people not from Florida and wouldn't know, iguanas are a native species, but the giant pythons are an invasive species that are invading and destroying Florida's habitats. People buy them as pets, then release them when they grow too large to care for.

What Mick failed to recognize is that most of those giant pythons were actually born here! Get a @#$%& clue, Mick!

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: August 31, 2019 21:29

Great show last night. How cool was the little burst of “Come Into My Kitchen” in the middle of Midnight Rambler.
Considering all the stress of the hurricane and date changes this show couldn’t have been better. Sorry for all the people that couldn’t make the show due to the change. I know how bad I would feel if it happened to me.
Thanks to the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the world for another great night

Date: August 31, 2019 21:37

sarahunwin
FYI. Spoke to Chuck this morning and he is fine!

thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 31, 2019 21:44

Strange. I was driving around yesterday, or day before and swear on the radio they said the concert was postponed due to the hurricane.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 31, 2019 22:55

Why were they 14 minutes late? They went on stage 21:29 instead of the usual 21:15. There were even info about 20:30. But that didn't happen. Someone said Chuck was ill. Was that the reason?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 31, 2019 22:58

Date: August 31, 2019 23:18

Rich Fury/Getty Images

Date: August 31, 2019 23:19

Rich Fury/Getty Images