Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 17 of 20
Re: OT: Pink Floyd stuff
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 26, 2023 04:13

Sure to be a fantastic spectacle and experience just as all of his shows are.
But this time in a small theater! Hope he brings it to the US. thumbs up

From NME:

Roger Waters to debut his solo version of Pink Floyd’s ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’ at London Palladium

He also said he hopes to announce more performances shortly
By Liberty Dunworth, 25th July 2023

DARK SIDE REDUX

Roger Waters has announced a new show at the London Palladium, where he is set to debut his re-recordings of Pink Floyd’s ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’. Set to take place on October 8, the live show will mark the first time that the former Pink Floyd co-founder will perform his re-recorded version of the band’s iconic album live. Earlier this month, Waters confirmed that the project will be released as one of his solo albums, and is set for release on October 6 – pre-orders are available here. The reimagined album coincides with the original’s 50th anniversary but was not worked on by any other member of the prog-rock band.

At the upcoming London show Waters will not appear with any of his former bandmates, but will instead be joined on stage by bassist Gus Seyffert, drummer Joey Waronker and guitarist Jonathan Wilson – all of which contributed to the re-imagined album. Other musicians joining him for the gig include Johnny Shepherd on the organ, Via Mardot on the theremin, Gabe Noel on strings, Jon Carin on the keyboard and Robert Walter on the piano. Backing vocals will be contributed by Azniv Korkejian. Waters’ long-time Creative Director Sean Evans has designed the one-off show, and announcing news of the upcoming Palladium concert, Waters said he hopes to add more live dates in the future. “We’re going to do it live at the London Palladium, in October,” he began. “We look forward to that…hopefully performing it live on other occasions in the future”.

Tickets for Roger Waters’ upcoming London Palladium show go on sale this Friday (July 28) and will be available here. > Dark Side LIVE.

More. > ROGER WATERS

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 26, 2023 04:40

So, we first will have DSOTM redux studio, and later on also the live album. That makes the Xmas sales for 2023 and 2024, no?

And in 2025 we get Rog's true and original 8bit version, performed on his vintage Atari 1040ST ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-26 17:15 by doitywoik.

OT Roger Waters Dark Side of the Moon at the London Palladium
Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 28, 2023 12:50

Roger Waters will be performing the Dark Side of the Moon Redux on October 8th and 9th at the London Palladium.

I am very curious about this gigs and Rogers new versions. I loved the one he did for Comfortably Numb on his latest tour but not that enthusiatic about the new version of TDSOTM's Money. We'll see.

Re: OT Roger Waters Dark Side of the Moon at the London Palladium
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 28, 2023 12:52

In depressing times, what could be better than a depressing version of something you used to like

Date: July 28, 2023 13:15

Nikkei
In depressing times, what could be better than a depressing version of something you used to like

I agree, will pass on this gig - 'Dark Side Of The Money' more like.....

Date: July 28, 2023 13:26

Another Fare-Well concert?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 28, 2023 13:53

His re-recording and 'reimagining' of the track, Money, is very odd. I'm not really a Floyd fan, but for how long has he been muttering in this, sort-of, breathless, gravel-like voice. It's hardly 'singing', is it?

Date: July 28, 2023 14:29

It's a feeble attempt to overcome the negativity from his last tour.

Some of his comments have been offense to others. especially his former bandmates.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 28, 2023 19:20

I almost want to go to this to see how bad it is.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 28, 2023 20:32

Roger sounds like Leonard Cohen on the new version of Money! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I loved the new version of Comfortably Numb he did on the last tour.
Its a bold statement but,
Its Rogers music and he can interpert it anyway he likes.
I look forward to hearing the live performance redux.

Date: July 28, 2023 21:10

I find the redux version of Money a bit underwhelming. Replacing the solo spaces with spoken word passages doesn't really elevate things either. Reminds me of the old Waters cliché that if you're short on music, throw in more words (although I bet Hairball will not agree on this ... winking smiley ). Judging from the snippets of the other songs that can be heard in other videos, the other songs are treated pretty much the same way (yet one should be careful in one's judgement if it is based only on short snippets).

The whole thing live might be a different ballgame, though. Will be interesting to compare the studio versions to the live versions once the first clips appear on Youtube.

Generally I rather find it a bit of a pity that Roger wasn't more prolific as a solo artist (in terms of writing/releasing new stuff).

Date: July 28, 2023 21:24

spikenyc
Roger sounds like Leonard Cohen on the new version of Money! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I loved the new version of Comfortably Numb he did on the last tour.
Its a bold statement but,
Its Rogers music and he can interpert it anyway he likes.
I look forward to hearing the live performance redux.

Similar to what Dylan has been doing in concert for many years now - reinterpreting and reimagining his songs sometimes to the point of being unrecognizeable.
Some fans love it, while others don't. In Rogers case, I see it as a living, breathing, evolving piece of art that has taken on a new/different form of life since it was originally spawned all those years ago.
The new/recent version of Comfortably Numb live was excellent on his recent tour taking on a certain new level of intensity, and I hear the same with the new version of Money and other snippets that have been posted.
Whatever the case, the live show will be a different animal than the new album itself with Creative Director Sean Evans at the helm, and based on any of Rogers recent tours, this will no doubt be another one for the ages.
I heard that there will be more than just the live version of Dark Side; including other reinterpretations, his new tune The Bar, and maybe some other "new" tunes from his last album Is This The Life We Really Want (2017).
But it's always wise to keep an open mind before you can experience something imo. If someone has already made up their mind that it will be a bad show, I'm sure the experience will live up to their expectations.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 28, 2023 21:50

Will he lip sync this concert as well?

Date: July 28, 2023 22:07

Considering the high praise of the new slbum from Nick Mason "it's absolutely brilliant", I wouldn't be surprised if he joins Roger on stage as he has done in the past. Looking forward to videos, reviews, etc.(warts and all), and with any luck Roger will bring this show and his creative genius back to the US!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-28 22:10 by Hairball.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 28, 2023 23:08

Right on Hairball!
I agree, lets all keep an open mind before we hear it all.
Im sure Roger and Sean will put on another spectacluar show for this.
I hope they bring it to the USA as well.

In the meantime this just came up on my feed -

Sinead O'Connor doing Mother with Roger and members of the Band from 1990, Amazing!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 28, 2023 23:27

That's a great version of Mother spikenyc, and I just posted that video here the other day here in the "Sinead O'Connor RIP" thread.
Definitely one of the highlights of Roger Water's Berlin Wall show from 1990.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 10, 2023 13:15

David Gilmour's and The Orb’s collaboration from 2010 has been remixed & reimagined for a reissue which will be called 'Metallic Spheres in Colour' and released on 29-Sep-2023 - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Date: August 12, 2023 21:53

Has anyone ever seen Australian Pink Floyd?

My boss just gave me 4 tickets for a show in September.

Anyone have any input on this please share.

Thanks.

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: August 13, 2023 01:07

They are quite good.

You can find some of their past shows on youtube.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 13, 2023 02:04

georgemcdonnell314
Has anyone ever seen Australian Pink Floyd?

My boss just gave me 4 tickets for a show in September.

Anyone have any input on this please share.

Thanks.

I just looked at that band on Wikipedia and noticed Rolling Stones background Singer Lorelei MC Broom as vocalist in that band. So you'll have some Urban Jungle vibes at that concert

Date: August 24, 2023 23:51

Thought provoking and beautifully haunting new version of Time...written by Roger and originally recorded in his twenties, and now 50 years later revisited as a nearly 80 year old man...
Love the Hammond organ, the strings, and the backup vocals...overall a magical ghostly vibe, and a nice companion piece and accompaniment to the excellent original PF version from all those years ago.

And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath, and one day closer to death...

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-24 23:53 by Hairball.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 25, 2023 03:00

Oh ease up or youll have all the other
old guys on here balling their eyes out .....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 30, 2023 16:55

A standalone BluRay Audio of 'The Dark Side of the Moon' will be released on 13-Oct-2023 and includes Dolby Atmos, 5.1 Surround and HiRes-Stereo - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Date: August 30, 2023 18:28

Hairball

The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say...

For decades I heard this line as
The time is gone, the song is over, though I'd something more to say...

That's the problem with lyrics videos: they destroy illusions ...

Date: October 5, 2023 20:47

Roger Waters's Dark Side Of The Moon Redux is out now, his version of a (primarily) Gilmour-less DSOTM ... Has anyone already had a chance to listen to the whole thing?

Date: October 5, 2023 22:10

doitywoik

Has anyone already had a chance to listen to the whole thing?

Preview snippets - [Music.Apple.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-06 09:55 by Irix.

Date: October 6, 2023 01:16

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: October 6, 2023 02:57

It’s not out yet here on the east coast of the USA, but I’m eager to have a listen on the way to work in the morning. I’m a big Roger fan— but I also know this won’t be an “improvement,” per se, and certainly not a replacement of the original record. It’s just an update. Why not? It will be very interesting, I think.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: October 6, 2023 14:49

doitywoik
Roger Waters's Dark Side Of The Moon Redux is out now, his version of a (primarily) Gilmour-less DSOTM ... Has anyone already had a chance to listen to the whole thing?

No and I am not in the slightest interested in this release.

Date: October 6, 2023 15:18

It's had some very positive reviews - for eg, in today's Telegraph, in the UK.
I've not been a fan of his musical ranting since Animals, really (I loathed A Final Cut) and the exposure of his serious anti-jewish racism as witnessed directly by band members and producers over many decades, is a line way to far for me. As his his conspiracising about it all, but none of that is for this board!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 17 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1983
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home