Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20
Re: OT: Pink Floyd stuff
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 4, 2022 13:05

ds1984
crholmstrom
Nice they are making the blu-ray available by itself. Can't wait to hear the surround mix of this one!

I was conviced that they would only made it available though the super deluxe.

So I am positivley surprised and will happily buy it.

I preordered one from the demon Bezos (Amazon). Free shipping & price guarantee. I can't wait for this one! I love Pink Floyd up to "The Final Cut" (I know, that's really a Roger solo record but it still is considered PF) & "Animals" is my favorite record by them. The songwriting & playing on that record is outstanding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-04 13:06 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 4, 2022 15:23

Where there`s a market, there`s a re-release. -Just makes me think if those re-releases had been brand new releases...

Date: July 4, 2022 16:30

noughties
Where there`s a market, there`s a re-release. -Just makes me think if those re-releases had been brand new releases...

The big attraction for me is the surround sound mix. Pink Floyd really lends itself well to that treatment. I love those mixes but you have to have worthy source material.

Date: July 4, 2022 16:32

I can't even listen to post Waters PF.
I would consider all albums up to 'The Wall" essential PF.
I would rather sit through "The Grand Vizier's Garden Party" haha... than anything from the Gilmour fronted PF.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: July 4, 2022 17:49

summary: a new mix without bonus tracks and 4 year delay due to linner note conflict. Do I get it right ? Isn't It a Pity ?

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: July 4, 2022 17:57

djgab
summary: a new mix without bonus tracks and 4 year delay due to linner note conflict. Do I get it right ? Isn't It a Pity ?

Yes it is! I was also hoping for some demo’s or live tracks of the 77 tour at least. I really don’t know if I will buy it although it’s a very good album

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 4, 2022 18:03

The renewed cover is still epic, the rest is just a pity.
There might be some live Animals though on wednesday, when Roger debuts his THIS IS NOT A DRILL Tour in Pittsburgh.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: July 4, 2022 18:48

too bad, they did not include a complete show from that tour ...

Date: July 4, 2022 19:45

calipachangero
There might be some live Animals though on wednesday, when Roger debuts his THIS IS NOT A DRILL Tour in Pittsburgh.

The Animals material on the last Waters tour was amazing.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 5, 2022 11:52

crholmstrom
calipachangero

Yes! The starting 25 minutes of the second half of the show was probably the best thing I ever saw at a concert. Unreal!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 5, 2022 13:37

sign me up

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 5, 2022 17:29

Animals!
Did they do "Dogs?"

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-05 19:42 by angee.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 5, 2022 22:07

angee
Animals!
Did they do "Dogs?"

When I saw him in 2017 he did… (and Pigs)

[www.setlist.fm]

Date: July 5, 2022 22:11

Not only was the music amazing but the way they recreated the power station in the arena was also spectactular.

crholmstrom
calipachangero

Date: July 6, 2022 16:41

The dynamics of post-Waters Pink Floyd tells the same tale about the balance in a great band.
Beatles, Stones, Floyd, Van Halen, Roxy Music, U2, Clash - it may be torture for the actual artists on the inside, but every ying needs the yang. You might have the two dominating forces, who are driving each other crazy; yet they produce great art.
Then maybe because their head gets too big, or they just can't take it anymore, they do the split. Each side left to their own devices, unchallenged, and the magic is gone.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 6, 2022 17:04

I am in Pittsburgh. ANy well behaved fans here want to see the show hit me up, I don't need anything, not even a beer

Eight One EIght Three Nine EIght 2696

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2022 17:20

Palace Revolution 2000
The dynamics of post-Waters Pink Floyd tells the same tale about the balance in a great band.
Beatles, Stones, Floyd, Van Halen, Roxy Music, U2, Clash - it may be torture for the actual artists on the inside, but every ying needs the yang. You might have the two dominating forces, who are driving each other crazy; yet they produce great art.
Then maybe because their head gets too big, or they just can't take it anymore, they do the split. Each side left to their own devices, unchallenged, and the magic is gone.

Excellent observation.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 6, 2022 21:15

Apologies if this was already posted but part of the set is streaming tonight

[www.iheart.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 6, 2022 21:23

Dan
I am in Pittsburgh. ANy well behaved fans here want to see the show hit me up, I don't need anything, not even a beer

Eight One EIght Three Nine EIght 2696
You are a really good person !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 7, 2022 15:44

There are Pink Floyd "fans" who don`t know the name of neither Roger Waters nor David Gilmour. They bought "The Wall" and a "Best of" (to play in the car) and that`s it. Huh?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 21, 2022 19:12

The Japanese exclusive clear vinyl of Hey Hey Rise Up is absolutely exquisite looking!!! Unfortunately, I just learned of it this am, and it seems to be all sold out everywhere, and INSANELY overpriced in the secondary markets!!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 21, 2022 19:25

VoodooLounge13

The Japanese exclusive clear vinyl of Hey Hey Rise Up is absolutely exquisite looking!!!

3-Aug-2022 - [www.Amazon.co.jp] , [www.CDJapan.co.jp] , [Tower.jp] . Black Vinyl - [www.jpc.de] .

Date: July 21, 2022 19:45

There's a new Tribute-Album: "Back Against The Wall" on 2CD, 2LP, Color-2LP - 26-Aug-2022 - [www.Amazon.com] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.jpc.de] :

"A very special limited edition reissue of the monumental tribute to Roger Waters' artrock opera, Pink Floyd's The Wall, performed by the biggest stars of progressive rock music! Features performances by members of King Crimson (Adrian Belew, Tony Levin), ELP (Keith Emerson), The Doors (Robby Krieger), Jethro Tull (Ian Anderson), Yes (Rick Wakeman, Steve Howe, Alan White, Tony Kaye) Deep Purple (Glenn Hughes, Steve Morse), Styx (Tommy Shaw) & Toto (Steve Lukather, Steve Porcaro), PLUS award-winning actor Malcolm McDowell and many more! Limited edition RED vinyl pressing in a deluxe gatefold jacket!"

There were also Tribute-Albums for "Animals Reimagined" - [www.Amazon.com] , [www.Amazon.com] as well as "Return To The Dark Side Of The Moon" - [www.Amazon.com] , "Still Wish You Were Here" - [www.Amazon.com] , "A Tribute To Pink Floyd" - [www.Amazon.com] and "Shine On You Crazy Diamond: A Tribute To Pink Floyd's Greatest Hits" - [www.Amazon.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-21 19:55 by Irix.

Date: July 21, 2022 22:16

Irix
VoodooLounge13

The Japanese exclusive clear vinyl of Hey Hey Rise Up is absolutely exquisite looking!!!

3-Aug-2022 - [www.Amazon.co.jp] , [www.CDJapan.co.jp] , [Tower.jp] . Black Vinyl - [www.jpc.de] .

Yes, that's the one. Absolutely beautiful, but it's out of stock everywhere.

Date: July 22, 2022 00:00

VoodooLounge13

Absolutely beautiful, but it's out of stock everywhere.

[www.Amazon.co.jp] says: "pre-order now" with release-date 3-Aug-2022, sold by Amazon.co.jp (switch there to English language).

Date: July 22, 2022 23:57

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Absolutely beautiful, but it's out of stock everywhere.

[www.Amazon.co.jp] says: "pre-order now" with release-date 3-Aug-2022, sold by Amazon.co.jp (switch there to English language).

It says that but when you try and go thru the purchase process, it errors out, saying "You can't purchase this item because it's out of stock." thanks though!

Date: July 23, 2022 00:20

VoodooLounge13

It says that but when you try and go thru the purchase process, it errors out, saying "You can't purchase this item because it's out of stock."

Interesting. It's also sold out at the [www.SonyMusicShop.jp] . Maybe they'll re-press it due to the high demand? Amazon says: 'out of stock' - but not 'sold out'.

Date: July 23, 2022 02:12

Irix
VoodooLounge13

It says that but when you try and go thru the purchase process, it errors out, saying "You can't purchase this item because it's out of stock."

Interesting. It's also sold out at the [www.SonyMusicShop.jp] . Maybe they'll re-press it due to the high demand? Amazon says: 'out of stock' - but not 'sold out'.

We shall see.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 27, 2022 19:12

Date: September 16, 2022 11:35

Animals 2018 Remix: Hybrid-Multichannel SACD (by Analogue Productions) also available (€ 52) at [www.jpc.de] , [www.Sieveking-Sound.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-09 15:50 by Irix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home